Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    just saying.
    I got bored with the show. (She has little charisma to me.) And she lacks any physical apoeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I got bored with the show. (She has little charisma to me.) And she lacks any physical apoeal.
    there's just no accounting for taste, is there....

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    I like her but to point out the elphant in the room, she is a bit small for the role.
    She's 1.7m+, and she did her own stunts in Ant-Man & the Wasp, she'll be fine. They're definitely going to make her work out and add practical effects to make her look 'bigger'.

Ready for the hate cause one boob size and two, another redhead role going to an none redhead.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Ready for the hate cause one boob size and two, another redhead role going to an none redhead.
    I mean I don't want to be the one having to fill the casting call for natural redhead + tall + hueg boobies + super muscled + is actually an actress one can reasonably bill.

But ability always goes over appearance, so long as said appearance isn't too far off at any rate. Show Geralt and Yen looked nothing like the book characters and people by and large liked them a lot. Comic book character adaptations almost always don't have the nearly impossible bodies and proportions of the originals, and the world keeps turning.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really hoping they choose to lean in to the pulpy silliness rather than trying to take the source material at face value. We don't need another Scorpion King or the like. Aim for Brendan Fraser's first couple Mummy films in "feel".

The terribad films are always the ones that try and make pulpy fiction realistic or "gritty". Screw that. Revel in the pulp and the tropes. Be unapologetic about it. Have a little goddamned fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    there's just no accounting for taste, is there....
    *ke shrug*
    I think the lass in question has the acting chops. But the writing for killjoys was too milquetoast...too little substance to keep me entertained...and she had too little to work with to make me care about what was going on. Her work on Antman and the Wasp (which I thought came close to stealing the movie) was what made me curious enough about her to see killjoys to begin with.

I am less concerned about the actress than the director. Joey Soloway hasn't directed anything action orientated. Its not to they couldn't do it but I have no reason to believe they'll do a great job.

No point in fussing over it till it gets released.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Let me warn this thread immediately: This thread will not devolve into moaning about casting in an industry which literally pays millions of dollars to make people look nothing like they are. If y'all continue to derail the thread based on made up bullshit, and headcanon, and the disproportional standards of comic illustrators, this thread will be closed, and we can try again closer to the movie actually coming out. Nobody will perfectly look like your vision of any particular casting.
    How is it "derailing"? what else would you expect to be discussed? Literally all the info we have is who was cast and what they were cast for. If thats not something you wanna hear about, why would you come in here? If you think the type of discussion is inappropriate, why wouldn't you just close the thread?

OT: I'm surprised people actually care about boob size, I'd care much more that her costume is accurate and if we're going to stress natural aesthetics I think it's more important she be somewhat muscular and light-skinned
    Last edited by Beastiel; 2021-05-06 at 03:17 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Let me warn this thread immediately: This thread will not devolve into moaning about casting in an industry which literally pays millions of dollars to make people look nothing like they are. If y'all continue to derail the thread based on made up bullshit, and headcanon, and the disproportional standards of comic illustrators, this thread will be closed, and we can try again closer to the movie actually coming out. Nobody will perfectly look like your vision of any particular casting.
    Oh buh fucking huh, people have an ideao how a char from a comic where we see said char have to look like and voice their opinion here, but nah that´s bad, can´t have that here...

Really, why you´re mod of this part of the forum again if fucking everytime something like this comes up you clutch your pussy?

Infracted.
    Last edited by eschatological; 2021-05-06 at 05:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The comedic elements of Red Sonja are underrated.

I'm hoping for at least two tavern scenes with some drunken hijinks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've only seen her in Killjoys but I did really like her and the show

10+ Year Old Account
    Threatening to lock the thread just comes out as a challenge to a few assholes who want to try and get it locked. I'm sure there is legit discussion to be had.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    I think she'll be okay for the role... hopefully we'll get her signature red hair too. Otherwise scratch another red head from Hollywood

also Hollywood 2021 I very much doubt they'll have her in a chain mail bikini, just warning you all. I know people will be very disappointed by that, but I thought I'd lay that out there and prepare you all :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-05-06 at 05:42 AM.

Wow. Hating on a casting choice because "Her bewbs r 2 smol".

Stay classy, gents.

I'm sorry, could you point to the site rules that are being broken by discussion of casting decisions?

OT: She's a great actress and I'm sure she'll do about as good as anyone could in what will undoubtedly be a terrible movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Wow. Hating on a casting choice because "Her bewbs r 2 smol".

Stay classy, gents.
    If looks don't matter, maybe we should cast adam sandler as the next conan?

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    If looks don't matter, maybe we should cast adam sandler as the next conan?
    You're reducing a casting choice down to cup size. That's all I'm going to say about it seeing as how there's a mod warning to stay away from this line of discussion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    I like her but to point out the elphant in the room, she is a bit small for the role.
    I think the real elephant in the room is actually not her being small (in the chest or height or even muscle size) but the fact she's not a redhead and that she's "ethnic" looking. Red Sonja was a redhead and had fairly white skin. Yes she also was pretty muscular for a woman (but honestly in comic books aren't most women more on the muscular side than "petite" or "thin") and yes she has much larger breasts but again doesn't most women in comics have that. When she was first introduced she didn't wear the chainmail bikini but was more conservatively dressed but that did change fairly quickly to the chainmail bikini she's known for. I think a lot of the criticism will come from not just her breast size but the other two things I said here too. I mean seriously RED is in her name....

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Variety reports
    [I]
    “Red Sonja” has found its star.

Hannah John-Kamen, best known as the villain Ghost in “Ant-Man and the Wasp,”
    Who wrote this article smh. John-Kamen was great in Killjoys, all 5 seasons of it, who cares about one movie.