Page 3 of 99 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    can't waaaait for eu release i am so hyped <3

damm a friend told me about this game years ago and we are still here waiting would love to try it out , without using VPN and russian accounts lets hope they dont take an other 5 years to get it out

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    The only problem this game has - gearing system. Mobile game style where you can upgrade your gear almost infinitely. And upgrade materials come from gated content. So you either spend real money to buy materials from AH, or have at least 4 alts. It's basically required to have at least 4 alts.
    Sorry for the late reply, but to address what you are mentioned in points:

1- gearing ( what I mean by gearing is acquiring gear pieces for set gear) is not hard, it is not like WOW you keep raiding over and over every week until for example a pair of boots you are waiting for to drop from a certain boss, that being said the only progression remaining is to upgrade your ilvl of your set gear with upgrading materials.

2- gated income of upgrading material is the equivalent of looking for a certain gear you looking for to drop in other MMOs, 2 things give longevity for the progression of your characters which are gold and materials themselves. So the more gold and material you have the faster you progress for the upper tier of content.

3- to overcome this issue you play multiple alts to increase your income, newcomers to this game need to understand it is not like other MMOs, you create a class and screw the rest of 19 other classes and expect to gear up at the same level of the rest. Believe me, you will fall behind the server progression fast and you will think everyone around you is P2W players but the reality they are not.

4- Lost Ark = is alts game, the game when it was released on day 1 in Korea ( since I know all the history since I played day 1 also there) was not designed towards alt playing, later on, Smile Gate adapted very quickly to this meta and actually encourage you to play more alts as you can to help your progression overall.

5- to give you an example of such things ( these features are not yet implemented in RU but it is coming very soon like within 2 months) in your estate there will be a feature to train your alts to get experience below your main level of your main 2 levels less.
    So for example if your main is level 57 all your alts train in eState (private island) and receive XP to reach a maximum level 55.
    Secondly, there is also a feature in your eState that gives flat 10% success in upgrading alts gear but not your main so it can help you progress faster for your alts.

6- To give you clear idea how this game works and many Western players need to understand day 1 so they don't feel disappointed with the game, I have Devil Hunter main and 7 alts, in total they generate from the gated content you mentioned around 35k gold and shit tons of upgrading materials that are filling my storage that I have to sell in AH for the excess amount that I get which gives more gold on top of that 35k gold.

7- of course, you don't need to play 8 classes like I do you can do more or less depending on your free time, but I genuinely enjoy these classes like I consider them close to my heart when I play them because they fit my playstyle. you need to find the classes you are interested in and enjoy playing them and consider them as your alts. So between 20 classes, I'm sure everyone will try the game will get interested in more than one class to play.

Smilegate RPG mentioned that Western release is on schedule and there is a big reason why Amazon silent about any news of LA until now because of New World. Amazon pouring their heart and soul into this game regarding development and release, add to that the cancellation of LotR MMO Amazon is in constant failure in the gaming field, there is no sane company that will release 2 MMOS within 6 months frame and fuck both of them.

MMO genre was always special case, you can't play 2 or 3 MMOs in same time you always have to focus on one if you want to enjoy it, I believe if there was no New World on the map for 2021 we would hear more news about LA development and localization news more than just Amazon partnered with Smilegate for future games.

Anyone interested in Devil hunter, Blaster, Scouter, Destroyer, Warlord, Holy Knight, Blade, and Reaper classes in detail feel free to ask.
    Last edited by Ballistic; 2021-05-04 at 11:00 PM.

Also PvP has no rewards, which is such a huge shame.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Nice, how many secondary stats are there?

I absolutely hate braindead gear that wow has. How is the crafting?
    if you like games with a bunch of stats,check out grim dawn,heres an example of a legendery

https://i.redd.it/docomfnttf161.png

the game also has tons of sets,way more than diablo 3,and its double class system+poe like skill tree makes it so the customization posibilities are insane

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Also PvP has no rewards, which is such a huge shame.
    PVP was always a side content in LA, stats, gear, and skill points are equalized between any players involved in PVP so I don't think it is wise for players to think they will progress through PvE content with PVP rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    PVP was always a side content in LA, stats, gear, and skill points are equalized between any players involved in PVP so I don't think it is wise for players to think they will progress through PvE content with PVP rewards.
    And I don't think it's wise to think that PvE rewards are the only rewards.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

I think this game would do quite amazing in the west.
    At least everyone remotely interested in aRPG will try it out and probably drop a 100 hours into.. unless they are biased.
    Haven't heard anything bad about it from my favorite gaming sites/magazines either. Most of the articles are actually quite positive and adress the fact that the game is obviously not for everyone but it has some very, very well done mechanics and gameplay-loops.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    I think this game would do quite amazing in the west.
    At least everyone remotely interested in aRPG will try it out and probably drop a 100 hours into.. unless they are biased.
    Haven't heard anything bad about it from my favorite gaming sites/magazines either. Most of the articles are actually quite positive and adress the fact that the game is obviously not for everyone but it has some very, very well done mechanics and gameplay-loops.
    There are some P2W pointers, but it seems they're mostly in the russian version, so EU one can vary on that part. I really want to play it, i was trying to at leats get into the RU one but i wasn't able to because of the russian mail needed that didn't work for me.

Aside from the art style that can be a downer for someone, from what i get is that to fuel your main you basically have to play at least 4 characters to farm for currency, but if the daily/weekly tasks are not really time consuming, then it's doable. It's all depending on that - how much time you need at endgame to be self-reliable. It's not even a matter of how much time i have to play, it's literally what's needed to be efffective.

Western market is not really tolerant with grinds for the sake of them.

EDIT: @Ballistic since you're actually playing the game, i have a simple question. How much time does it take to clear the gated content with your main? I mean, if it's an alts game (which is fine) does it mean you have to 24/7 it or it's kind of "you have 3 runs/week available" so i can schedule some sort of turnation between days with different characters?
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2021-05-06 at 08:28 AM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    There are some P2W pointers
    The game has no elements or items that only players who paid with IRL cash can acquire and give them an advantage over you, as I said before pvp is gear, and stats are normalized between all players, a player who just got lvl 50 today has an equal foot in the arena with someone playing 2 years back and have everything in the game.

PVE progression completely based on the content is being provided to you, want to progress faster have more alts or use your credit card. but there is no content locked behind p2w wall, once you figure out how the game works and all its content you can draw map for yourself how to progress fast without spending irl cash.

i was trying to at leats get into the RU one but i wasn't able to because of the russian mail needed that didn't work for me.

Very easy to set up a mail.ru account

Aside from the art style that can be a downer for someone, from what i get is that to fuel your main you basically have to play at least 4 characters to farm for currency, but if the daily/weekly tasks are not really time consuming, then it's doable. It's all depending on that - how much time you need at endgame to be self-reliable. It's not even a matter of how much time i have to play, it's literally what's needed to be efffective.

Western market is not really tolerant with grinds for the sake of them.

EDIT: @Ballistic since you're actually playing the game, i have a simple question. How much time does it take to clear the gated content with your main? I mean, if it's an alts game (which is fine) does it mean you have to 24/7 it or it's kind of "you have 3 runs/week available" so i can schedule some sort of turnation between days with different characters?
    Guardian instances has 20 min timer for you to down the guardian if the timer went to zero all the group dies, but basically, if you can't down boss before 10 min you and your group lack the gear from the start to clear it so it is on you.

Weekly dungeons vary between 15 min to 25 min max and all depend on the group skill and its understanding of mechanics and being properly geared.

Abyss raids usually take around 30 min max to complete, but abyss T3 raid is a different genre and requires really really patience and skillful players to complete.

other content also doesn't take much to complete and I don't want to list them all because no one will understand what are they unless he plays the game.

the game is massive fun to play and I played in KR and RU servers and I don't regret min wasting my time in it, I bought cyberpunk day one despite the cry babies complaining about being buggy on launch I skipped playing it because the day of launch there was new class released in RU and I couldn't miss enjoying him over cyberpunk. until today I never opened cyberpunk or any other game because I'm sinking to the teeth in Lost Ark.

on a different topic: not related to your post, the game actually rewards you for being a skilled player and you feel satisfied how you masterfully play your class. In Korea they have a different mentality than us regarding Busing, in the west, I don't recall players use busing service unless it is for a mount that will be removed by the end of expansion in WoW, but in Korea, many Koreans don't want to get into the headache of fighting a boss if they can pay gold to player to carry them not all of them do that but a quite portion of players do that.

Why I'm saying that? before you watch the next video you need to understand things about what is happening there:

1- Guardian instances are on 20 min timer, timer is done you and the group are failed.
    2- Guardian HP scale with players, so their HP scale depending on if you go solo or duo or trio or max quartet.
    3- Bus player take full responsibility to down the guardian by himself, which means he doesn't get any help from other players since he got the gold to do this service.
    4- Guardian instances give 3 lives which shown in 3 blue orbs in the top left corner, once a player dies and resurrects it consumes an orb if you consumed all orbs basically anyone dies stays dead until the last person dies.
    5- Belganus guardian consider to be one of the biggest cock block guardians when you play against him, he is a tough boss, and most likely couple of mistakes you basically dead even if you are over-geared against him.
    6- The bus player in this video plays the most OP broken glass cannon class in the game and he single-handedly nailing it breaking world record with Reaper.
    7- Belganus is considered to be the benchmark for how well geared are you for future content.

Lots of info to digest well i hope the game comes soon as an EU release, as i said i tried to setup a mail.ru account butnit doesn't work for some reason. I have no hurry anyway.

wtf is amazon doing, they bought the rights 1 year ago and have not said a single word about western release, well they are probably busy with New World and from reading/watching some journalism Amazon games studio seems to be in a horrible state of incompitence, missmangmenet, leaders that just wants to chase trends and so far all of their projects have failed

and when they finally release in NA/EU will we have the bullshit of staggered release as well like starting from day 1 patch and having to wait like 2 years for new clases like HK?

something Genshin Impact did right was releasing on all platforms, with crossplay and at the same time all over the world
    Last edited by apelsinjuice; 2021-05-10 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    wtf is amazon doing, they bought the rights 1 year ago and have not said a single word about western release, well they are probably busy with New World and from reading/watching some journalism Amazon games studio seems to be in a horrible state of incompitence, missmangmenet, leaders that just wants to chase trends and so far all of their projects have failed

and when they finally release in NA/EU will we have the bullshit of staggered release as well like starting from day 1 patch and having to wait like 2 years for new clases like HK?

something Genshin Impact did right was releasing on all platforms, with crossplay and at the same time all over the world
    I dont think I would have trusted a brand new company with zero games actually released to be the spearhead of launching a game in a new region.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

https://www.vg247.com/2021/06/10/los...merica-europe/

Summer beta for a scheduled fall release in NA/EU. IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING!

"Diablo-like" LOL
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

"Diablo-like" LOL
    Well, it's an isometric arpg XD Anyway signed up immediately, i totally want to try it. Then very likely it'll be too much farm for me if it's the same as KR/RU servers. IIRC the way to play the game is to have 4 chars and funnel 3 alts into one main or similar.

Hmm, seeing the various packs on Steam makes the game look a bit too much P2W for my tastes. No doubt I'll still try it, since it's free, but the monetization doesn't look great.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Global release locked for Belgium, Netherlands, SEA region, OCE region, Middle East, Africa (S.A), and South America.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Well, it's an isometric arpg XD Anyway signed up immediately, i totally want to try it. Then very likely it'll be too much farm for me if it's the same as KR/RU servers. IIRC the way to play the game is to have 4 chars and funnel 3 alts into one main or similar.
    Its MMOarpg. The only thing that its really common is... isometric view. Everything else is more like classic mmorpg.

I've checked out good chunk of streams/yt videos and if people want "diablo/PoE like" game, they would be disappointed cause essentially they would get WoW in isometric view instead.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Its MMOarpg. The only thing that its really common is... isometric view. Everything else is more like classic mmorpg.

I've checked out good chunk of streams/yt videos and if people want "diablo/PoE like" game, they would be disappointed cause essentially they would get WoW in isometric view instead.
    i think the diablo-like this is exactly just that - more a feelings thing. But agree that's a very different game both in playstyle and ingame tasks. It's actually the reason why i want to play it.

If anything, D4 is shaping out to be more akin to a "mmolite" game - persistent world, semi-static dungeons, world events etc. Which i think is a good transition. The game needs to stay with a fast paced combat and focused on solo/small group with no roles, but a more structured world/content isn't a bad thing.

I fell in love with the style and the card-weaving class, been waiting for EU release from the very start.