Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzynclyde View Post
    This is the most incorrect thing i've read on these forums. And sadly, I've seen it with multiple posters.

1. Prepatch was never designed for the majority of pallies/shamans to get to 58 before release. Blizz stated the prepatch would allow them to get a "jump" on leveling and 2 weeks does exactly that.
    2. "Catch up" is a complete farce. There is no such thing this early in an expansion as being left behind. Especially with pallies and shaman when everyone leveling one is on the same playing field and they will all be just as desired come end-game.
    3. There's no other reason to extend the prepatch longer than two weeks. Nothing truly important happens during it and thousands of players will be sitting around in anticipation of release. We'll enjoy a bit of time with new talents, I guess there's some tabard thing, then we'll be ready to cross through to Outland. Don't keep me waiting imo.
    I agree with your points, but for nr 2 saying we are all on the same playing field to level BE / Draenei is wrong imo.
    Especially because of the min maxing.

Players buying boosts with gold or getting boosted by their guild will be ready in 2 weeks. Like truly ready. 60 with some gear and proff maxed out.

Average Joes playing the game normally won't be ready and their BE/ Draenei will be behind. You might say this is not the end of the world. But considering the mindset of players in 2021, it is almost unacceptable for some.

Quote Originally Posted by RainBoi View Post
    You are literally just gatekeeping for the sake of it. So cringe when sweaty gamers do this.

What was there to do for 2 months of prepatch? What has there been to do for 2 months with NO prepatch? People been running the same raids mindlessly. Some changeup with Paladins on the Horde/Shamans on the Alliance + TBC talents would have spiced things up and made it significantly more fun than what it has been.

It would also give people time to farm BGs for the gear on the alts. There wont be time to do this for most people now.
    Yeah, I'm not onboard with them delaying TBC launch because Joe can't get to 60 on his BE paladin due to having to take care of his damn kids.

There's no rush to do anything. You don't have to get to 60 in two weeks, you don't even have to hit 70 within the first month. The game's not going anywhere, Joe can spend time with his kids and level when he can. He's not getting left behind. There's no gatekeeping happening, and there's certainly no reason to delay the launch.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzynclyde View Post
    Gatekeeping what?

You're almost making my point for me. If there's nothing to do currently why are you suggesting extending Classic with a longer pre-patch? I've always hated how long pre-patches go on for and this is the first time I've been excited about it. Run a couple raids with the new talents, absolutely, but they're still the same mindless raids we've been mopping through over and over again. Truly don't believe that honeymoon period would last long. Let's get this going, enjoy it for a moment, and get to the real stuff, not sit in pre-patch purgatory for weeks and weeks.
    Nobody mentioned that the release date of TBC classic should be delayed. Prepatch could have been released 1 month ago. It would have hurt nobody and everyone would have benefit from this. Its so stupid seeing all these "oh but at least you have 2 weeks unlike 15 years ago" - Fuck off. The game is much different now than back then. It hurts nobody that Paladins/Shamans can join their faction enter the dark portal at the same time. We all just want to enjoy and play this game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Not A Cat View Post
    Yeah, I'm not onboard with them delaying TBC launch because Joe can't get to 60 on his BE paladin due to having to take care of his damn kids.

There's no rush to do anything. You don't have to get to 60 in two weeks, you don't even have to hit 70 within the first month. The game's not going anywhere, Joe can spend time with his kids and level when he can. He's not getting left behind. There's no gatekeeping happening, and there's certainly no reason to delay the launch.
    I think you have some issues with reading comprehension. Nowhere was it mentioned that launch should be delayed.

Nobody mentioned that the release date of TBC classic should be delayed. Prepatch could have been released 1 month ago. It would have hurt nobody and everyone would have benefit from this. Its so stupid seeing all these "oh but at least you have 2 weeks unlike 15 years ago" - Fuck off. The game is much different now than back then. It hurts nobody that Paladins/Shamans can join their faction enter the dark portal at the same time. We all just want to enjoy and play this game.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you have some issues with reading comprehension. Nowhere was it mentioned that launch should be delayed.
    Sure it would have been nice if the pre-patch dropped earlier. But is this intense of a response to a 2 week pre-patch really warranted?

The game's coming a lot sooner than expected, I thought it was a nice surprise. I don't get the level of vitriol towards this.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Holy cow. If this thread isn't the DEFINITION of "First world problems" LOL

This new classic expansion, will be around for 2 years, who F'ing cares if your not level 58 June 1st, you've got weeks or months to level up, enjoy that experience, enjoy these classic old zones again, enjoy exploring everything, and soaking it all in. What's the rush to get to 70 ASAP? You'll get there soon enough.

It's the journey, not the destination.

Sure it would have been nice if the pre-patch dropped earlier. But is this intense of a response to a 2 week pre-patch really warranted?

The game's coming a lot sooner than expected, I thought it was a nice surprise. I don't get the level of vitriol towards this.
    I think what people aren't taking into considerating is
    *Literally all concerns are limited to people who insist on playing the two new races. Otherwise there's nothing stopping you from leveling now.
    *People forgetting TBC has a big rep grind to even do endgame content, and that stuff can be started long before you hit 60

The point is that they are handling this TBC release in a really shitty way that really only harms some players but gives zero benefits to the rest.

Is it better that the game is being released 1 June instead of August? Yes.
    Would it have been better if prepatch had been launched a month ago instead of only lasting 2 weeks? Hell yes.

You are basically being selfish and sticking up for Blizzard for doing a piss poor job because it doesnt affect you directly. Apparently it is ok that it sucks a little bit instead of a lot. Why does it even have to suck in the first place?

What if people had made plans of leveling together as a group come TBC release? Thats likely ruined for many now because 4 guys are obviously not gonna sit around on TBC launch day waiting for their last guy to do his questing in Un'goro/Plaguelands due to the limited time.

If you're so 'hardcore' you think missing 1 raid week puts you behind the entire expansion and is "game over", then you should be 'hardcore' enough to level up in 2 weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    So pre patch is only 2 weeks and I'm wondering what happens to those alliance shamans/horde paladins who can't get to 60 before June 1st and its game over. Will they ever be able to catch up and are always behind through TBC? Is it better to play safe and not to level in pre patch so you can get to raids.
    It is definitely a blow to hardcore rushing guilds.

But for those who are ok with pacing themselves, I don't think it is going to be too bad.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

MAUs are down. Those are a metric we use at earning calls. Customer satisfaction is not. Get people in and get them in NOW is ALL that matters.

Oh.. and 35 bucks to clone a toon... 40 bucks for a boost... and... lol.. 70 bucks for the collector game thingy.... be sure to buy all that too... LOL

Some changes..

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    I think what people aren't taking into considerating is
    *Literally all concerns are limited to people who insist on playing the two new races. Otherwise there's nothing stopping you from leveling now.
    *People forgetting TBC has a big rep grind to even do endgame content, and that stuff can be started long before you hit 60
    But again, what's the rush? If you don't hit 60, or hell even 50 in the two week pre-patch, it's not like being "behind" two or three weeks is going to adversely affect you. My guild in classic recruited a bunch of people who started playing in P5 and they didn't have to no-life it in order to run Naxx with us. Actually I think there were 1 or 2 people who started in P6 who have ran Naxx with us a few times. The point is, take a breath, I'm sure your friends aren't going to abandon you. and if they do they're shitty friends tbh. I'm not talking to you specifically, just generally speaking.

Y'all have to drop this retail mindset of having to clear content as soon as it's available. Unless of course you like the speedrunning aspect, which is totally valid, but chances are if you're in that category, two weeks is plenty of time to hit 60.

But again, what's the rush? If you don't hit 60, or hell even 50 in the two week pre-patch, it's not like being "behind" two or three weeks is going to adversely affect you. My guild in classic recruited a bunch of people who started playing in P5 and they didn't have to no-life it in order to run Naxx with us. Actually I think there were 1 or 2 people who started in P6 who have ran Naxx with us a few times. The point is, take a breath, I'm sure your friends aren't going to abandon you. and if they do they're shitty friends tbh. I'm not talking to you specifically, just generally speaking.

Y'all have to drop this retail mindset of having to clear content as soon as it's available. Unless of course you like the speedrunning aspect, which is totally valid, but chances are if you're in that category, two weeks is plenty of time to hit 60.
    Not wanting to behind the first wave of players isn’t a retail only meme. It’s a modern gaming phenomenon. Games are approached way more these days as objectives to complete in a variety of ways (based upon subjective reasons), rather than just aimlessly playing for w/e like how you see people do RPing in GTA5 these past few years. Couple that with a way more visible frontrunner players and this plays upon the natural human instincts to compete.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    MAUs are down. Those are a metric we use at earning calls. Customer satisfaction is not. Get people in and get them in NOW is ALL that matters.

Oh.. and 35 bucks to clone a toon... 40 bucks for a boost... and... lol.. 70 bucks for the collector game thingy.... be sure to buy all that too... LOL

Some changes..
    Who would’ve ever seen this coming from... *checks notes* Activision?!?

Anyone surprised by these options is a lost cause. Top pservers have paid boosts. Cash shop has been in WoW for almost a decade?

If you’re sitting around upset/surprised by this, it’s safe to assume you’re either completely delusional or putting on a vocal front for forums.

Just like people say “go back to retail” when someone wants some changes/features, I’m going to suggest they “go play an indie game” when they play dumb about the Activision/Blizzard we’ve all known for 10 years.

Seriously why are you insisting on dying on this hill? Why defend shitty decisions just because it has no or limited effect on you?

The point is that they are handling this TBC release in a really shitty way that really only harms some players but gives zero benefits to the rest.

Is it better that the game is being released 1 June instead of August? Yes.
    Would it have been better if prepatch had been launched a month ago instead of only lasting 2 weeks? Hell yes.

You are basically being selfish and sticking up for Blizzard for doing a piss poor job because it doesnt affect you directly. Apparently it is ok that it sucks a little bit instead of a lot. Why does it even have to suck in the first place?

What if people had made plans of leveling together as a group come TBC release? Thats likely ruined for many now because 4 guys are obviously not gonna sit around on TBC launch day waiting for their last guy to do his questing in Un'goro/Plaguelands due to the limited time.
    I mean, I think you're reaching here and describing an extremely niche case where a group of friends planned on ONLY leveling together. That's a pretty unrealistic expectation, pre-patch length notwithstanding. Chances are one or two of those folks are going to break off and continue leveling when the other's aren't around. Doesn't mean they won't help out their lower level friends with dungeons and quests (again, if they don't they're kinda shitty friends imo).

I don't know, I still don't see the big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    So pre patch is only 2 weeks and I'm wondering what happens to those alliance shamans/horde paladins who can't get to 60 before June 1st and its game over. Will they ever be able to catch up and are always behind through TBC? Is it better to play safe and not to level in pre patch so you can get to raids.
    what have you been doing the whole time since WoW classic came out

Seriously why are you insisting on dying on this hill? Why defend shitty decisions just because it has no or limited effect on you?
    Because I'm of the opinion that the angry response to the release date is irrational. It's okay if you don't share that opinion.

if you cant level then u have to buy a boost

makes u wonder hmmm

youve had 3 months not two weeks... and thats being modest seeing as people even knew/speculated that blizz would do TBC after the success of vanilla.

not sure what OP is trying to complain about.

You wont be behind. Shamans and Paladins will be recruited by every guild and treated like a rare comodity. You are being overly dramatic about this xD.