Poll: Has your life improved over the past 5 years?

Lightbulb Has your life improved over the past 5 years?

I was just wondering about improvement and how we often take it for granted. If your life has improved in a significant way, how did you get there? If it hasn't, what do you think is holding you back?

You get old enough age isn't an improvement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    You get old enough age isn't an improvement.
    I’m 42, things are still rolling well...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Fifty-six... In all honesty I'm probably in the best shape I've ever been in.
    Now I have to meet some Belgian dude that wants to sell me some land..."reasonably priced."
    Last edited by Shadowferal; 2021-05-06 at 11:13 PM.

much better than 5 years ago (minus one relationship SNAFU).. it was honestly a topic of my therapy that life was so good I was afraid of it falling apart like it did in 2010-2011.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Typrax View Post
    I was just wondering about improvement and how we often take it for granted. If your life has improved in a significant way, how did you get there? If it hasn't, what do you think is holding you back?
    I don't have to worry about the world being destroyed by the retardation of Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Fifty-six... In all honesty I'm probably in the best shape I've ever been in.
    We need to hang out... next to you, I’ll look younger...

Wait... why do I need to look younger? Damn you society!!!
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, turned house debt into equity and also I learned how to do home and car maintenance because I didn't like how I was always clueless and reliant on other people before. Lost some older family members but also gained new family members. I digitized more of my life and do more stuff online, which it's nice when you don't have to physically travel around as much to get stuff done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Typrax View Post
    I was just wondering about improvement and how we often take it for granted.
    I know but it's like no matter how many improvements there are people always deny it and try to claim that society is going downhill.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I know but it's like no matter how many improvements there are people always deny it and try to claim that society is going downhill.
    Yeah, I agree. We have it pretty good compared to most people throughout history. I was also wondering if your avatar is referring to white swan and black swan events.

I became a father. so yes, it did improve a lot. 5 years ago i was spending lots of time trying to figure out advantages of Megapersonals and dating different girls here and there. I love current life much more.
    Last edited by liamricci; 2021-10-12 at 06:48 PM.