Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    I think the context of fresh servers is a restarted economy, starting from phase 1, and a chance at things like Scarab Lord.

It makes sense - just not at a time where Classic population is at a peak (launch), and makes more sense a year down the line to reinvigorate the Classic era servers.

For those not moving to TBC, I’d argue that it’s sort of a soft reset (minus phases), but I can imagine some of the servers are going to be literal ghost towns.
    YOu bet theyre gonna be ghost towns. At 35$ to copy a character to Classic, you can be sure they are all coming with me to TBC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    I know that's the plan, but i very much doubt they won't have another go at the merry-go-round in 4~ years, after we're done with WOTLK Classic. I don't really see them going to Cataclysm after, but rather restart the cycle, whereas interest in fresh Classic will be high again.

I understand some people will stay in Classic Era throughout the remaining cycle, but i'm pretty sure the numbers will be minimal, with few guilds, empty servers and what not, and they'll be eager for said fresh start.
    Eh.. I have a feeling Classic as a tool will be stretched and stale at the end, and I don't believe they'll stop at Wotlk..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Classic had its time. Now it's TBC Classic. Then WOTLK Classic.

And THEN, we should get a new go at Classic.

Otherwise it's just splitting the community too much, and a rebooted Classic now, alongside with TBC, would have vastly inferior numbers than it did 2 years ago. I feel like it wouldn't be smart.
    I'm talking about Fresh TBCC...

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rootsbum View Post
    Would mutch rather have a fresh Classic server, wich Will progress 2 years behind the TBC one.
    Like thoose Everquest ones
    Yeaaaahhhhh this.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    Lazy ppl that dont wanna farm gold for TBC don't want anyone else to have gold either. That's about it tbh.
    Just add wow token, so the lazy people can get gold that way.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Quote Originally Posted by Ohvul View Post
    Bc came out late 06(prepatch) Blizzard was adding new servers all the way til 09.
    And guilds were transferring their millionaire guilds to those servers too.
    Not to mention how many of those new servers became ghost towns and had to be merged a few years later. Classic is better off with as few servers as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohvul View Post
    Bc came out late 06(prepatch) Blizzard was adding new servers all the way til 09.
    Because the playerbase was growing. If it happens this time too I'm sure they'll add new servers to tackle the queues

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    Because the playerbase was growing. If it happens this time too I'm sure they'll add new servers to tackle the queues
    So they did something to make the game more attractive to new players? Its only logical they would do the same in classic then, especially since overpopulation on single servers is miles ahead of what vanilla was.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    People literally waited 6+ years to experience TBC again and fresh servers will be used to extend engagement, not boost a launch.
    huh, what happend 6 years ago?
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am for new servers with fresh economy.

I dont want to continue in an economy where people got rich abusing layers, botting, bugs. Currently basic things cost heaps of Gold on the AH.
    The market is dominated by cheaters and either you join them and cheat yourself, or you struggle competing against them righteously.

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    Lazy ppl that dont wanna farm gold for TBC don't want anyone else to have gold either. That's about it tbh.
    Or just people that skipped classic at all, but you know, as dumb as you are, you couldn't think about it.
    Last edited by Schmilblick; 2021-05-07 at 07:44 AM.

Wishing new servers. The best part of older WoWs is the levelling experience and journey to max. Being maxed is just boring. On current servers the world is empty. Especially with the prevalent mage boosts it's really stupid.
    Buy gold and join boosts or be in the empty world alone.

My hope is new changes for example remove mage boosts and then fresh servers.

While I wouldn't be playing in them I can see a lot of people flock there, especially new players and it would definitely be a different experience

Tbh I can't see a reason not to do it but Blizzard might and if it has anything to do with moneys then it's not happening

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Or just people that skipped classic at all, but you know, as dumb as you are, you couldn't think about it.
    People that skipped classic will still get stuff like mounts/flying faster on existing realms than on new realms because they can make lots of gold in the auction house.
    On fresh servers nobody will have gold, so the only method to get gold is to grind it. Guess what who will grind that gold on those servers? Bots and poeple with experience thats dont skipped classic.

I think it's best to stick to #nochanges. Classic servers transition to TBC like they did in 2007, if the playerbase grows beyond those servers they add new ones. That's the most authentic experience.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Servers were added back in the days because the population was growing too much for old servers to handle it.

That is not the case for tbc right now, plenty of space on most servers. If we get a massive popultion boost sure they will add more, but not because some people who didnt play classic can play on their own server

Does this mean that ill have the chance (on TBC classic servers) to go back and acquire Naxxramas original gear at lvl 70? Im a little unsure of exactly how this is going to work. It may affect my class choice too >.< Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    huh, what happend 6 years ago?
    That’s just when the Nost drama happened and everyone started speculating that Blizzard would open their own Vanilla servers.

I think I will just wait for Fresh Servers to launch.