Question about what cloning in TBS means

Hi all,

maybe I am too stupid, but I don't get it.

I leveled until 52 and then abandoned Classic. If I buy the USD40 Edition I can boost my char to 58 get both mounts, toys, etc. and can play TBC? So what does this cloning mean?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alithia View Post
    Hi all,

I leveled until 52 and then abandoned Classic. If I buy the USD40 Edition I can boost my char to 58 get both mounts, toys, etc. and can play TBC? So what does this cloning mean?
    TBC Classic is a separate server, leaving behind Classic to their own content drought. You need to either make a new character on TBC Classic, boost a character on TBC Classic (but can't be Draenei or Blood Elf), or clone/copy a character from Classic to TBC Classic.

As well, one of the mounts is for progression servers, the other is for TBC Classic servers. The toys as well are TBC Classic.

Edit: The boost is also only for TBC Classic characters. There is a free cloning/copy once pr. account, after that, it is 35 dollars pr. character.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2021-05-07 at 06:40 AM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

But I can make a new on TBC and boost it? My abandoned char has nothing that makes me feel attached. But you can go back through the Dark Portal and e.g. do classic ZG? Or are you totally cut off?

10+ Year Old Account
    But I can make a new on TBC and boost it? My abandoned char has nothing that makes me feel attached. But you can go back through the Dark Portal and e.g. do classic ZG? Or are you totally cut off?
    TBC Classic is a brand new server with the old content as well, as I can read my way to.

If you do not copy a character but you have the bundle with the boost, then you can just make a new character on TBC Classic, boost it, and start a new adventure.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

My understanding is that right now we have:
    - Retail
    - Classic

After TBC launches in June we'll have:
    - Retail
    - TBC
    - Classic

TBC will be just like it was when TBC was current. You can go back and run 'classic ZG' but it'll be like running ZG when TBC was current. The mobs and bosses will be designed for level 60 characters, not level 70 characters. You'll have the expanded talent trees and skills of TBC.

With the launch of TBC players have the choice to either remain on the Classic servers, which will not receive the TBC expansion and will not be receiving any new content, or be moved to a TBC server. There is a paid option where your character will be "Cloned" from the Classic server to TBC server- this will give you two copies of your character: One that can level to 70 and do all the TBC content and another character that will remain at level 60, letting you run the old classic content as intended.

Your character on TBC server can obviously go back and run classic ZG as 70 but as its a separate server from the classic one there's no interaction between the level 60 version of your character and the level 70 version of your character.

Just like your retail characters can go run Molten Core farming for Thunder Fury today but there's no interaction between them and your classic characters.

Hi all,

I see a lot of confusion regarding it so it's like this:

- If you have a char in classic, you have the option to play it in either tbc or remain on classic servers. If you want to continue it on both versions, you have to use the clone service.

- The boost service allows you to boost one character to lecel 58 in the tbc servers only. It can be a new character or a classic character chosen to be continued in tbc.

The tbc servers themselves will contain everything that is in classic plus Outland and level 70 cap

Hi all,

The boost gives you a level 58 with green gear and a 60% mount.

The collector's edition gives the toys and everything and is a different price.

Clone allows you to play a particular character on both Classic (60 max) and TBC (70 max). They will be on separate servers. I would only be using the close service to preserve a Classic Character that has many hours of playtime and gear, to continue to raid Naxx and PvP. It does not sound like you want to clone.
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    My opinion is a fact.
    Having opinions are F A C T S.
    Stating you do not agree with my world has no impact on mine.
    It is not the same as talking about math either.
    This is talking about MY perception and so to me it is A fact.

Hi all,

dont buy anything. just level your existing character from 52 to 58-60 before june and play that in TBC. I hear there is exp nerfs in the prepatch.

cloning is just for characters you care about.