Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    So, what have people started and stuck with for this season, so far?
    • My Hero Academia S5 - pretty boring thus far. It's just more training fights.
    • Spider Isekai - The show started out with the Spider side being incredibly boring (because she was stuck in the cave and just doing a lot of repetitive, boring fights), and the human side was far and away the most interesting. But now it has flipped in my view; now that the spider is finally out of the cave and isn't doing repetitive fights anymore, her story is a lot more interesting. Meanwhile the human side has become really bad storywise (also doesn't help that the 2D animation is bad).
    • Fruits Basket S3 - I was pretty excited when I heard that it was going to be just 12 episodes instead of 24 episodes. I mistakenly thought "great! We will get a plot focused season this time, rather than a season that is half filler like the last two!". Unfortunately... yeah it's been half filler thus far. I'm guessing only 6 episodes this season will actually be plot focused. Really, you could have just compressed the entirety of seasons 1 an 2 into 20 episodes and you wouldn't have missed anything. Cautiously optimistic but the filler really wears me down.
    • Thunderbolt Fantasy S3 - amazing as usual.

I have Nagatoro and 86 on my watch list but haven't gotten around to them yet.

• I've heard that Nagatoro is rather meanspirited, and I'm wary of starting a romance show if it's just going to be an advertisement for the manga and the show won't end with anything conclusive happening.
    • I've heard good things about 86 from people on MAL and Gamefaqs but those people have abysmally low standards and I'm not confident in the 3D CGI mechs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san: Yes. I haven't read the manga, but I was forewarned that the first part of the anime was villain levels of bullying... and while the bullying wasn't okay, I expected to dislike her at the start. The VAs are doing great work here, the animation is pretty good... TBH this is probably my favorite show that's currently airing, I love me some girls bullying boys. Also, Noodletoro was great.
    Gives me more hope.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, what have people started and stuck with for this season, so far?
    Literally the only anime from this season I have watched is Zombie Land Saga. Too busy rewatching Babylon 5 in glorious new HD transfer on HBO Max.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Literally the only anime from this season I have watched is Zombie Land Saga. Too busy rewatching Babylon 5 in glorious new HD transfer on HBO Max.
    Yeah,I need to rewatch that at some point,Londo and G'Kar are the absolute best part of B5.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well my current watchlist is this:
    How NOT to Summon a Demon Lord Omega
    The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent
    Welcome to Demon School, Iruma-kun 2nd Season
    Shadows House
    To Your Eternity
    Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro
    The Slime Diaries: That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime
    Odd Taxi
    Combatants Will Be Dispatched!
    Dragon Goes House-Hunting
    Edens Zero
    I've Been Killing Slimes for 300 Years and Maxed Out My Level
    My Hero Academia (new season)
    So I'm a Spider, So What?
    Back Arrow (its pretty much gurren laggan or some sort)
    Full Dive: This Ultimate Next-Gen Full Dive RPG is Even Shittier than Real Life!
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a good time to give Babylon 5 a rewatch. Its been a very long time since I saw it.
    It looks really nice. 4:3 HD. Small warning, the pilot is only in the same cropped widescreen from the DVDs since I guess the original film of the pilot was destroyed or something. It confused the heck outa me since all the reviews I read before only talked about the fact it is in 4:3 and when I go to watch it, I get crappy looking cropped widescreen.

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica: Walpurgis no Kaiten Movie Teaser is the sequel to Rebellion that we all have been waiting for.
    https://twitter.com/madoka_magica/st...755023872?s=20

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Thunderbolt Fantasy S3 - E4

Yes yes yes blue bard x Shang! But inb4 Blue Bard turns out to have gone traitor and joined the evil assassin organization
    Also interesting how every character this season has a lover and their different relationships
    Duck x Kei Guy - dysfunctional
    Juan x Dan Hi - happily married
    Lang x psycho princess - one sided and dysfunctional
    Shang x Blue Bard - sexual tension
    Monk x 7BD - lovers

- - - Updated - - -

If Shang didn't have 7BD by the time of the second movie, when he was adventuring with Blue Bard... then it is possible that Blue Bard was caught by 7BD's charm/brainwashing effect, so Shang had to blind her to break her free. If so... ouch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    • I've heard good things about 86 from people on MAL and Gamefaqs but those people have abysmally low standards and I'm not confident in the 3D CGI mechs.
    So far the mechs do look pretty good.
    https://puu.sh/HBFy3.jpg
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

I had assumed that Crunchyroll's programmers had totally abandoned working on CR's player in favor of working on the VRV player, but apparently CR is rolling out a new beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica: Walpurgis no Kaiten Movie Teaser is the sequel to Rebellion that we all have been waiting for.
    https://twitter.com/madoka_magica/st...755023872?s=20
    [IMG]https://i.redd.it/obndyo5xiav61.jpg[IMG]
    Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll retcon the last 5 minutes of Rebellion

Not strictly anime but all the Hololive-EN girls are getting new costumes on the 3rd of May.

Rip doppelganger pekora

Looks like cat girl pony tail gura

The walfie avatars are pretty amazing I hope they still get some use

Some 4th gen is getting new outfits as well. Lots of new outfits!

happy the hololive disgaea 6 dlc will be released in the west. not sure why disgaea6 is switch only in the west though
    Last edited by bals; 2021-05-01 at 08:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    Rip doppelganger pekora

Looks like cat girl pony tail gura

The walfie avatars are pretty amazing I hope they still get some use

Some 4th gen is getting new outfits as well. Lots of new outfits!
    Well not realy. Once its on internet it cant be destroyed.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Thunderbolt Fantasy S3 - E5

lol the puppet is a nendoroid of himself
    More of Shang's and Tian's relationship problems
    The last wielder of 7BD before Shang confiscated the sword looks like a generic guy from Pili.

- - - Updated - - -

That is just brilliant product placement

So far all the new Hololive-EN costumes have been pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    So far all the new Hololive-EN costumes have been pretty good.
    I just really hope gura doesn't take all the people complaining about her new costume too seriously. (the rigging on it)

kiara needs to go see a fucking doctor.

ppt mecha imo is amazing but look how boing boing her new outfit is!

I think towa once again has the best new outfit.

let's see how salty ame is. she really needs to stop playing mario and I think she said it was through her capture card too.

humbolt penguin kemono friend is a vtuber now seems a bit janky could use a little work

throwing something anime related in here -
    how not to summon a demon lord 2 ep5
    wow horn is a boy! whoops messed that up he's a girl. rem's outfit kinda looks like krem's. also something about god entering you and orgasms
    Last edited by bals; 2021-05-07 at 02:45 PM.

Ame's new costume is pretty damn kawaii.

youtube plays pokeame was amazing too

Thunderbolt Fantasy - S3 E6

I think that guy is thus far the one and only person Shang has never defeated. I wonder if he is still out there.

preview for the next episode shows the australians coming back... and what might be their chieftain? Is he the demon king?

Oh wow, I didn't realize that the guy they fought at the beginning of the episode is the leader of the bad guy order. I thought the leader of the bad guy order was another demon.

Theoretically there is nothing stopping him from using his telekinesis to take the Index out from Shang's cloak, so if Shang ever sees him again it's game over.

I think Duck/Lin Setsu will deal with Huo Shi. Shang is really good but he's not the bestest warrior who ever lived. Besides, Shang's deal this season is with Gunho and Monk. This episode has made it pretty clear that Duck is interested in going after Gunho's master. I think the only question is whether or not Duck will actually get what he wants in the end. Betsu suicided, and the inspector from season 2 was an idiot who didn't really play ball and died before Duck got around to him. But here, Duck might get more than he bargained for trying to deal with Huo Shi. Might even have to sacrifice himself or get crippled fighting him.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2021-05-09 at 07:54 PM.