Page 1 of 2
LastLast

TBC / 9.1 or take a break and come back refreshed for 10.0 / WotLK?

I was looking for all games releasing this and next
    month in the list below to see if I should skip the rush / long queues in TBC-9.1 and maybe take a break for a while...what’s everyone’s plan?

https://www.techradar.com/news/new-games-2021

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I have been a defender and patient retail player all this time, but it has come to a point where TBC got me so much more hyped to play it again than retail. I have lost player identity in WoW, and BC feels right.

I do not expect retail to get "fresher" or better. Blizzard has drawn a clear direction of where they are going with WoW.. they clearly no longer work towards pleasing players but towards micro profiting everywhere they can. It is alarming because that is what you would do with a dying product, milk what is left of it regardless of consequences. I find it stupid, because WoW could still be something big, if they wanted it to be so.

WotLK classic is likely going to be full of what drove us out of retail in the first place. That is judging by how they are pretty strongly introducing that now with BC classic.. And no, I am not just hating it all, wrote in another post before about that. I am neutral for most things, but a few.

Play what feels right to you: If you enjoy retail, play it. If you enjoy the real World of Warcraft, go into BC right away

Well, Retail objectively speaking has far more to do - so if it isn't enough - then I doubt TBC will hit the mark.

Classic was unique in that it was revisiting the start of WOW - everyone had a go at it, TBC is just an expansion and one of the worst ones at that.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Well, Retail objectively speaking has far more to do - so if it isn't enough - then I doubt TBC will hit the mark.

Classic was unique in that it was revisiting the start of WOW - everyone had a go at it, TBC is just an expansion and one of the worst ones at that.
    Pretty sure TBC endgame has a lot more stuff to offer than Shadowlands endgame, even with 9.1. And calling TBC one of the worst expansions... opinions, I guess.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Pretty sure TBC endgame has a lot more stuff to offer than Shadowlands endgame, even with 9.1. And calling TBC one of the worst expansions... opinions, I guess.
    uhm tbc has like 4/20ths of the things that sl has,that said,i still consider tbc to be the best overall expansion,him saying it was the worst literaly made my jaw drop,but his opinion is actualy fairly popular among some,people who love vanila tend to dislike tbc,and people who really like modern wow dislike the pre legion era

Pretty sure TBC endgame has a lot more stuff to offer than Shadowlands endgame,
    Then you would be incorrect.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    him saying it was the worst literaly made my jaw drop,
    I judge expansions on how much there is to do ... Vanilla was great because it had all the original exploration, BC was their first attempt at an expansion and it was lacking in things to do.

LK was the first real expansion.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

- - - Updated - - -

I judge expansions on how much there is to do ... Vanilla was great because it had all the original exploration, BC was their first attempt at an expansion and it was lacking in things to do.

but...tbc literaly added the most content of any expansion,and made by far the most additions to the game from its prior version

but...tbc literaly added the most content of any expansion
    That statement is of course factually incorrect.

I've never played ESO, and it happens to be releasing a new expansion around the same time as TBC release...also happens to be releasing for the first time with my number one wow wishlist feature *combat companions with a personality...etc which happens to be exactly as I wished for it without being influenced by someone else's ideas....same price as a character boost in TBC....what to do....what to do....no wonder Omar left....
    Last edited by RemasteredClassic; 2021-05-07 at 08:33 AM.

That statement is of course factually incorrect.
    that statement actually is factually correct (lol)

seriously...how can you even think to dispute that?

the game has more stuff to do now,but thats all acumulations over the years,tbc added the most in one go

flying,heroics,arenas,resilience,a new profession,spec viability,voice chat,sets for every spec and even multiple pvp sets,paladin had 4 pvp sets per season if i recall

Feel so good having skipped classic at level 30 - imagine if i had leveled up a bunch of toons and geared them up. the kinda trap i woulda ended up in....with the cloning money printing greedy biz....

- - - Updated - - -

Shadowlands at the moment has one raid. TBC at launch will have 3 and then some time after 9.1 it will be 5 then. And then there are still Zul'Aman, Mount Hyjal, Black Temple and Sunwell waiting, whereas Shadowlands will get what, one other raid after 9.1?

And no, it doesn't matter if Shadowlands has a dozen difficulties, TBC has more raiding content at its launch than Shadowlands has. You can argue about Torghast and Mythic+, but that's just missing the point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ye like some dailies... and dungeons you outgear in like a month and then of course theres raid/arena. Yep totally more endgame.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    I've never played ESO, and it happens to be releasing a new expansion around the same time as TBC release...also happens to be releasing for the first time with my number one wishlist feature *combat companions with a personality...etc which happens to be exactly as I wished for it without being influenced by someone else's ideas....same price as a character boost in TBC....what to do....what to do....no wonder Omar left....
    Don't expect too much from Companions, they're dumb af. But if you're completely new to ESO I guess you might enjoy the new "expansion".

Shadowlands at the moment has one raid. TBC at launch will have 3 and then some time after 9.1 it will be 5 then. And then there are still Zul'Aman, Mount Hyjal, Black Temple and Sunwell waiting, whereas Shadowlands will get what, one other raid after 9.1?

And no, it doesn't matter if Shadowlands has a dozen difficulties, TBC has more raiding content at its launch than Shadowlands has. You can argue about Torghast and Mythic+, but that's just missing the point.
    it feels like hes joking when saying ''lk was the first real expansion''..uhm...what the heck did lk add that wasnt a direct continuation of tbc?lk is one of the most barebone expansions....wod added and inovated more lol

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    I've never played ESO, and it happens to be releasing a new expansion around the same time as TBC release...also happens to be releasing for the first time with my number one wishlist feature *combat companions with a personality...etc which happens to be exactly as I wished for it without being influenced by someone else's ideas....same price as a character boost in TBC....what to do....what to do....no wonder Omar left....
    man i can never stand to play with companions in games like skyrim or fallout,they feel more like a burden and an annoyance

the only games where they work is dragon age

it feels like hes joking when saying ''lk was the first real expansion''..uhm...what the heck did lk add that wasnt a direct continuation of tbc?lk is one of the most barebone expansions....wod added and inovated more lol
    I'm biased towards WotLK, for me that expansion only had Death Knight, Ulduar and Icecrown Citadel to offer and the rest was meeeh, it's one of my least liked expansions overall. But I have no idea how WotLK was any different to TBC overall so that you can consider WotLK the "first" expansion and not TBC.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Let's play during drought for both Classic and Retail, then take break when Classic release expansion and Retail new tier. What a genius plan you have OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopsnacker View Post
    Okay wait, you count something like Resilience, Voice Chat (which did not come at BC), PvP Sets etc. as content?
    In what world is that content?

Even farming multiple PvP sets is nothing different than you did before when you are not collecting PvP Sets. You do the same BGs, the same Arena games.

If you count that as content then every new battle pet would be new content etc.
    voice chat was added in 2007,i dont blame you if you dont know,99% of the population proly didnt know hahaha

also i didnt say they were content,i was talking about additions to the game

also no,the pet comparison is silly,pet battles as a system yes,every new wpet?no,ots still a pet

- - - Updated - - -

I'm biased towards WotLK, for me that expansion only had Death Knight, Ulduar and Icecrown Citadel to offer and the rest was meeeh, it's one of my least liked expansions overall. But I have no idea how WotLK was any different to TBC overall so that you can consider WotLK the "first" expansion and not TBC.
    subjectivly i had the most fun ever in wrath,but from an objective point i consider it weaker than wod or close to it

Quote Originally Posted by Poopsnacker View Post
    Voice Chat (which did not come at BC)
    Voice chat was introduced with the 2.2 patch in TBC.