Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    are you a cuck irl?
    if consumers dont complain not only will companies not change but they will keep pushing their luck harder and harder
    I know right? Thank god all those people complained back in the day and raised their torches and pitchforks over horse armor and now no game has DLC and micro-transactions! Oh right....

Quote Originally Posted by vincink View Post
    Let's check that.

In January 2007 when TBC came out, it was USD $29.99.
    USD $1 in 2007 is about USD $1.30 in 2021, according the US Bureau of Labor Statistics (see here).

1.3 x 29.99 = 38.99.

The "clone" option for TBCC is the equivalent to purchasing the game plus copying a character which is more than what was offered in 2007. So, for players who use the clone option for TBCC, it's actually a loss to Blizzard relative to inflation.
    This is the favourite talking point of people who somehow don't realise that wages have hardly gone up to match inflation over the last 40+ years.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post
    This is the favourite talking point of people who somehow don't realise that wages have hardly gone up to match inflation over the last 40+ years.
    People with jobs nearer median than minimum had good enough increases. I earn 50% more than at WoW release while inflation in that time was about 25%. No promotion, no negotiation at all because I benefit from industry wide union.

But I know others who have it by far not as good as me.

They’re dirty and short sighted moves.

Says a lot about the character of the company.

Stop supporting companies that don’t value user experience.

That’s how things change.

10+ Year Old Account
    is the deluxe physical or just digital lmao
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    and all of it is optional. Don't like it? Don't buy it. But no, you'd rather sit here and whine about "muh greed" on 3rd party forums
    fucking true

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Terminatrix View Post
    well i guess they found a way to milk the cows even more. not suprised,today its all about making more money. know they wont because all they think about is making more money but should focus more on making main game more stable and enjoyable to play and release stuff quicker then 8 month apart 7 if were lucky
    man it's almost like doing all that takes some kinda currency.

If all servers progress to cTBC, where does the classic era characters end up? A copy of the original realm? Will that not be quite empty? Or will it be some kind of merge of realms?

7+ Year Old Account
    What prices is just WTF. I wish to clone but not for that amount of money LOL. Boost 40$ ? No way. Deluxe NO COMMENT. Blizzard is goin to cuting off their loyal players.

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    What prices is just WTF. I wish to clone but not for that amount of money LOL. Boost 40$ ? No way. Deluxe NO COMMENT. Blizzard is goin to cuting off their loyal players.
    Just wait and buy the collectors edition for $15 on the christmas sale, ezpz
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Fresh Classic servers when?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Let's check that.

In January 2007 when TBC came out, it was USD $29.99.
    USD $1 in 2007 is about USD $1.30 in 2021, according the US Bureau of Labor Statistics (see here).

1.3 x 29.99 = 38.99.

The "clone" option for TBCC is the equivalent to purchasing the game plus copying a character which is more than what was offered in 2007. So, for players who use the clone option for TBCC, it's actually a loss to Blizzard relative to inflation.
    I mean.. the main thing that puzzles me is that they dare to ask 70 euros for a deluxe edition to a game that isnt even new. The clone part is the biggest slap in your face.

I like the fact they're so dedicated to delivering close to the original TBC experience they even put in overpriced paid-services again so people can cry about how greedy they are and how it's going to kill the game again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hekazi View Post
    Anybody can suggest a good TBC private server? I'm not placing a penny on this shit.
    Yes

TBC Classic

You don't have to pay anything else than your subscription to enjoy the game

Okay, these prices are insane.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    What a rip off. But drones gonna drone so it will no doubt make bank.
    I and plenty others will be very disapointed if they dont have vast additions planned for a TBC shop,we were all heartbroken the token has not been added in vanila,hopefuly they rectify this grave lapse in judgement with TBC

Except that when TBC came out it was a new expansion that had to be developed from scratch... not essentially a re-release of old content in an already existing engine. And many people interested in it already purchased WoW and potentially even TBC when it first came out.

And you're assuming only a single character. Make it 2 characters and it's now 70$. So on.

And no, I'm not saying remasters/remakes/re-releases shouldn't be monetized. I'm saying charging 35$ per character clone in this situation is ludicrous, and does not compare at all to paying a similar amount of money for a brand new expansion.
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2021-05-07 at 10:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    What a rip off. But drones gonna drone so it will no doubt make bank.
    danny the drone
    "Voted Most Likely To Be Banned From The Forum."

This seems needlessly more complicated than if they just made new servers for BC-Classic and let you clone/copy onto there. But I guess they expect most people to move onto BC rather than stay in Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Tincjin View Post
    I don't know about you guys, but the fact that introduced Deluxe Edition and such just killed my mood for Classic. The whole point was that we get to play a closely as possible as the way we played 15 years ago; are they that greedy that they cannot let one of their games without microtransactions?
    If the mere EXISTENCE of optional vanity items somehow "kills your mood", then I can only assume you never enjoyed the game to begin with.

i was going to buy a clone but damn, its so expensive i think id rather quit on classic than pay this much