Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Fresh roll outs will probably happen when the time comes for a rebranding of classic realms. So probably years from now. Let's them keep something simple and a lot of people want in the bag and then pretend they pulled off some sort of miracle to the ignorant. Kinda sucks for people laser focused on a particular era but when has modern Blizzard ever sacificed a marketing ploy or MAU wave for player satisfaction? Yeah.. never.

Quote Originally Posted by mettis View Post
    People that skipped classic will still get stuff like mounts/flying faster on existing realms than on new realms because they can make lots of gold in the auction house.
    On fresh servers nobody will have gold, so the only method to get gold is to grind it. Guess what who will grind that gold on those servers? Bots and poeple with experience thats dont skipped classic.
    Tell us how please.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    They were never mentioned but they are pretty much needed.
    Are they though? No one is stopping a group of 45 people from rerolling to a new server, start fresh and re-progress. The content is the same, that is if that group can keep it in their pants and not cheat by grabbing zg and aq40 gear. Still beyond me why anyone would want to be stuck in MC for 5-6 months again.

Tell us how please.
    How what? Grinding gold on a hypothetical fresh tbc server? Since the 40$ boost can only be used once per account: dungeonboost all chars up for prefession cds. aoe farming as usual. And bots most likely pickpocketing as usual. Basically stuff that needs experience.

How what? Grinding gold on a hypothetical fresh tbc server? Since the 40$ boost can only be used once per account: dungeonboost all chars up for prefession cds. aoe farming as usual. And bots most likely pickpocketing as usual. Basically stuff that needs experience.
    And that's why fresh is always a better solution, everyone starts the same, bots takes time to set their work, leveling will be great instead of boosted, the economy is not destroyed and so on.

And that's why fresh is always a better solution, everyone starts the same, bots takes time to set their work, leveling will be great instead of boosted, the economy is not destroyed and so on.
    Dungeon boosting began ~5 weeks after launch. Bots take zero time to set up. Sure, fresh servers are a fun experience, but they solve zero problems, and only delay the inevitable.

Dungeon boosting will be meta on day one on new realms. Calling it now.

Tell us how please.
    Do you seriously need an explanation on how?

Step 1) Grab herbs and mines along your journey.
    Step 2) Sell them all on the AH for inflated prices since the economy is inflated.
    Step 3) Buy Flying\Mounts for the -regular- price (doesn't rise with inflation).

Hard stuff buddy.

A "fresh realm" won't have as much gold floating around nor will prices be any close so those on existing realms, so any player transaction will be a lot higher.

Be it tradeskills services (alchemy masters for example), material prices (from gathering), even boost sales... everything is higher. Ofcourse they will be more expensive for said player, but if he's focused on rushing flying\epic mount, that is extremely faster\easier on an existing realm.
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2021-05-07 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post

Step 2) Sell them all on the AH for inflated prices since the economy is inflated.
    Step 3) Buy Flying\Mounts for the -regular- price (doesn't rise with inflation).

Hard stuff buddy.

A "fresh realm" won't have as much gold floating around nor will prices be any close so those on existing realms, so any player transaction will be a lot higher.

Be it tradeskills services (alchemy masters for example), material prices (from gathering), even boost sales... everything is higher. Ofcourse they will be more expensive for said player, but if he's focused on rushing flying\epic mount, that is extremely faster\easier on an existing realm.
    - Good luck grabbing herbs and mines with bots.

- Do you think the players with gold cap will just buy your overpriced herbs ? no, they will farm as you do it.

The problem is: the game is already vastly different played then 1,5 years ago. Leveling will be completely different for people who want to min max at day one.

Hard stuff buddy.

Ah yes, this fairy tale server where bots don’t run 24/7, players don’t buy gold and we don’t fall immediately back into the same vicious cycle current servers are in.

But at least a few different people would get a chance at Scarab Lord!

The current servers represent the current demand. A new server just resets the clock and doesn’t change community mindset.

- Bots and RMT will always exist
    - Players will always choose the fastest, easiest path to the goal - engagement, RP and experience be damned.
    - Pulling Classic Era players off current servers to start fresh just hurts the players that don’t want to start fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    snip
    I'm pretty sure you quoted the wrong guy or didn't understand what i wrote.

- - - Updated - - -

- Good luck grabbing herbs and mines with bots.

- Do you think the players with gold cap will just buy your overpriced herbs ? no, they will farm as you do it.
    You seem to have no clue about what you're taling about. Been leveling a char for TBC, every single herb and ore i pick up get sold within minutes, on one of the most populated servers (so, lots of bots?), and i seem to be able to pick a lot of them. And values are insane. I think i did 200g today just off golden sansams and iron ore.

It seems you're just spewing gibberish with no knowledge whatsoever about the game.

I'm pretty sure you quoted the wrong guy or didn't understand what i wrote.

- - - Updated - - -

You seem to have no clue about what you're taling about. Been leveling a char for TBC, every single herb and ore i pick up get sold within minutes, on one of the most populated servers (so, lots of bots?), and i seem to be able to pick a lot of them. And values are insane. I think i did 200g today just off golden sansams and iron ore.

It seems you're just spewing gibberish with no knowledge whatsoever about the game.
    You will see it yourself, mark my words.

Or just people that skipped classic at all, but you know, as dumb as you are, you couldn't think about it.
    And that matters how? Naxx Gear holds on for a while but a few weeks of lvl 70 and you dont spot a difference on old players and new.

And you just confirmed My post. "I dont want others to have things i dont".

But as smart as you are, you know this every server is a fresh server when TBC launches.

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    And that matters how? Naxx Gear holds on for a while but a few weeks of lvl 70 and you dont spot a difference on old players and new.

And you just confirmed My post. "I dont want others to have things i dont".

But as smart as you are, you know this every server is a fresh server when TBC launches.
    Fresh ? with people on gold cap, bots in the work, most people on lvl 60 and you call it fresh ? ok

Fresh ? with people on gold cap, bots in the work, most people on lvl 60 and you call it fresh ? ok
    What have you been doing the last 2 years?

People that skipped classic will still get stuff like mounts/flying faster on existing realms than on new realms because they can make lots of gold in the auction house.
    On fresh servers nobody will have gold, so the only method to get gold is to grind it. Guess what who will grind that gold on those servers? Bots and poeple with experience thats dont skipped classic.
    Which is one of the problems. When I experienced TBC, most people couldnt afford epic flying. Now most will have it within weeks/months, which is a whole different experienced for me. Not like having a fresh server would change that dramatically anyway because people know how to farm nowadays.

The same goes for many items you buy from npcs, back then those were money-gated, but since people have so much gold atm all those economy related things are meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxyfoxy View Post
    Servers were added back in the days because the population was growing too much for old servers to handle it.

That is not the case for tbc right now, plenty of space on most servers. If we get a massive popultion boost sure they will add more, but not because some people who didnt play classic can play on their own server
    That sounds like the safest course of action. I don't think it's wise to make a lot of changes to the game, especially ones that cause already half empty servers to become even emptier.

If there are a lot of empty apartments in your building you don't build another one exactly like the first one on the plot next to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    What have you been doing the last 2 years?
    Skipping classic.

If they ever bother to fix the botting issue fresh servers could be fun and by fix I mean do more than let them ride for 6 months, do a ban wave that everyone knows is coming so the bot folk are prepared with seperate accounts and ready to go, and then repeat until the end of time. Even if they are caught off guard a couple weeks go by and the machine is in full swing again.