Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, so two more TCG items are to be available soon.

Though only for TBC Classic.

A little sad it is limited to TBC Classic but oh-well..

At least they are re-using abandoned assets.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I agree - it really devalues the TCG loot codes

Magic: The Gathering is notorious for doing this with their reprints after reprints. Part of the risk associated with investing in such things is the risk of reprints/recreations with can significantly devalue your asset.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Giving away TcG pet for this charity, i read they are maybe gonna add the dark portal HS (Which is almost worth 1000 euro) for the TBC deluxe edition.
    Like does Blizzard like ruining the prices of items? Or what is the point in bringing back special items that used to be required 1 specific way and now everyone just gets it?
    It isn't Blizzard's responsibility to preserve the grey-market value of an item purchased via third-party sellers. Speaking as someone who participated in that grey market, there has always, always been an implicit understanding that you're paying for the item based on what its current value is, and there is no guarantee it will stay this valuable forever, because Blizzard could release three million codes tomorrow and totally bottom out the market.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    It isn't Blizzard's responsibility to preserve the grey-market value of an item purchased via third-party sellers. Speaking as someone who participated in that grey market, there has always, always been an implicit understanding that you're paying for the item based on what its current value is, and there is no guarantee it will stay this valuable forever, because Blizzard could release three million codes tomorrow and totally bottom out the market.
    Exactly.

For Blizzard, the TCG items are just wasted assets now, so why not re-purpose them? It is not up to Blizzard to uphold the inflated value of the items that are not discontinued. Even so, with Bananas, we saw that you could have the one from the card, as well as the charity one.

And they seem to not just dump the items in but connect it to a cost of either real money (store with the package), gold (black market), or charities. So at the current, it isn't like it is just dumped on a vendor for 10k.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2021-05-07 at 02:06 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Well if you read the text it does say the toys only work in tbc classic.

"A Dark Portal Hearthstone for use in Burning Crusade Classic, providing a unique visual effect inspired by the gateway between worlds
    The Path of Illidan toy for Burning Crusade Classic, which causes your character’s footsteps to leave flickering fel fire in their wake for a short time"

So you wont get them in retail

so if you want them in retail find the cards

This is what is wrong with todays wow generation and you can clearly see why there is not much loyalty left for the franchise.
    A dark Portal Hearthstone earn through IRL lootcode from lootcards is now worth nothing anymore.

The whole idea of making things exclusive is thrown out the window.

I hope their next change is in making a token for any gladiator mount ever released so anyone can get them again. same for Curve mounts and any other thing linked to exclusive time period.

But hey atleast its fair for the players, so everyone can have the same. Gj guys!
    Ive played WoW since original vanilla beta. Stop with your excuses. Everything you have posted about this topic is 100% wrong. Just give up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    Well if you read the text it does say the toys only work in tbc classic.

"A Dark Portal Hearthstone for use in Burning Crusade Classic, providing a unique visual effect inspired by the gateway between worlds
    The Path of Illidan toy for Burning Crusade Classic, which causes your character’s footsteps to leave flickering fel fire in their wake for a short time"

So you wont get them in retail

so if you want them in retail find the cards
    Indeed!

Only thing you'll get is a mount for 70 dollars, and gametime for progression servers.

I guess I am lucky enough to at least have Path of Illidan toy.. Haha..

For collectors it's a big FU though.
    But hey i guess everything must be reachable for any casual noob.
    Casual?

You literally bought the packs and got lucky. If anything you are the casual.

Honestly they should just add all currently unobtainable cosmetic / mounts / toys to the shop or the black market.
    Personally i still regret not taking gladiator seriously at the start of original tbc 'cause that armored netherdrake was sweet (i can't recall liking any of the other gladiator mounts).

Oh and if they want to keep that sweet FOMO cashflow they should just limit it to stuff that has been unavailable for more than 5 years or something.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Casual?

You literally bought the packs and got lucky. If anything you are the casual.
    I consider myself casual, and I've obtained about 25 TCG items just by spending a few coins on packs.. The best deals were buying them from stores that were making clearance sales because TCG cards were to be discontinued, they were almost thrown at people back then.

I don't mind that things make a new appearance either by Black Market RNG, charities, or some bundle (heck, the bundle doesn't even count, it still keeps some exclusivity because the items won't be available on progression servers).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Honestly they should just add all currently unobtainable cosmetic / mounts / toys to the shop or the black market.
    Personally i still regret not taking gladiator seriously at the start of original tbc 'cause that armored netherdrake was sweet (i can't recall liking any of the other gladiator mounts).

Oh and if they want to keep that sweet FOMO cashflow they should just limit it to stuff that has been unavailable for more than 5 years or something.
    I know the feeling... in Vanilla I was too busy with PvE, I regret now not having been part of the PvP view until TBC, even in TBC I just PvP'd for the good chuckle and didn't reach much ranked play until Wrath.

If they just put their TCG items as charity rewards, I would be all for it. Or the Black Market, then of course sure. On the store, eh, not cheering so much for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I consider myself casual, and I've obtained about 25 TCG items just by spending a few coins on packs.. The best deals were buying them from stores that were making clearance sales because TCG cards were to be discontinued, they were almost thrown at people back then.

I don't mind that things make a new appearance either by Black Market RNG, charities, or some bundle (heck, the bundle doesn't even count, it still keeps some exclusivity because the items won't be available on progression servers).

- - - Updated - - -

I know the feeling... in Vanilla I was too busy with PvE, I regret now not having been part of the PvP view until TBC, even in TBC I just PvP'd for the good chuckle and didn't reach much ranked play until Wrath.

If they just put their TCG items as charity rewards, I would be all for it. Or the Black Market, then of course sure. On the store, eh, not cheering so much for it.
    Yeah same, but since it's Blizz i figured i'd offer suggestions that would get them more money, as that tends to motivate them and as such makes it a little more likely.

Indeed!

Only thing you'll get is a mount for 70 dollars, and gametime for progression servers.

I guess I am lucky enough to at least have Path of Illidan toy.. Haha..
    Well Apparently, the mount it self runs at full run speed so while everyone else has to wait till 60 to get 100% mount speed, this moutn has 100% mount speed right away, Amsongold found that out in a video https://youtu.be/Ofu0OIEUd2g?t=1118

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah same, but since it's Blizz i figured i'd offer suggestions that would get them more money, as that tends to motivate them and as such makes it a little more likely.
    True... but to be honest, you know there's a market for it if it went on the store anyways, haha.

Well Apparently, the mount it self runs at full run speed so while everyone else has to wait till 60 to get 100% mount speed, this moutn has 100% mount speed right away, Amsongold found that out in a video https://youtu.be/Ofu0OIEUd2g?t=1118
    PTR error or something staying? Then again. It should be for that price, and TBC didn't have scaling mounts.

True... but to be honest, you know there's a market for it if it went on the store anyways, haha.

PTR error or something staying? Then again. It should be for that price, and TBC didn't have scaling mounts.
    Aye, to my shame even i have one bought mount, namely the sirship from blizzcon, though in my defense i and my brother both watched ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Aye, to my shame even i have one bought mount, namely the sirship from blizzcon, though in my defense i and my brother both watched ^^
    I have all the charity ones, and the half-year ones, and BlizzCon ones, of course. The rest from the store that are in my collection are from competitions, gifts or rewards.

I have all the charity ones, and the half-year ones, and BlizzCon ones, of course. The rest from the store that are in my collection are from competitions, gifts or rewards.
    Ah fair, i tend to play too infrequently to do much with that sorta stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    I agree - it really devalues the TCG loot codes

Magic: The Gathering is notorious for doing this with their reprints after reprints. Part of the risk associated with investing in such things is the risk of reprints/recreations with can significantly devalue your asset.
    ...first off Fuck the reserve list

Second off its already been proven it wouldn't be THAT big a hit. Alpha Shivan Dragon is still pulling 4 figures despite it being reprinted CONSTANTLY

Hell I'm estatic that MH2 is reprinting the fetch lands at Rare.

On the Blue Tracker on the front page of MMO-C, it says that it scales with riding level so it kind of is a ptr error if it's 100% speed all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Digital items that can be infinitely reproduced have no value.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    On the Blue Tracker on the front page of MMO-C, it says that it scales with riding level so it kind of is a ptr error if it's 100% speed all the time.
    Ah, thanks for that. Amazed there haven't been complaints about that.