Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Did any of the “leaks” get it right?

As the title says I’m wondering did any leakers get the story right this expansion? I remember one gave a detailed run down to what we could expect etc but I can’t find it and I’m just curious and also like to read the funny leaks people make sometimes.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I screenshotted a bunch of leaks halfway through BfA about how it would end like how the story would unfold, what new zones we'd discover, what new races we'd meet and what new features and changes would come. I think it was a 4chan Q&A with a supposed developer. It was absolutely wrong in every way.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I remember hearing one leak that was wrong but right thematically. Supposedly there was supposed to be a big Alliance/Horde fight where tons of characters on both sides died but it was all a plan of Sylvanas to get them ready to fight in the afterlife.

The one before wod did but that's because some guy saw the test screening of the trailer at blizzcon lol.

The last time I remember leaks doing anything significant was Wrath to Cata with the masks for Goblin and Worgen. Don't remember anything right (so far) for SL, as I think most expac leaks were pointing towards Old Gods or Azshara for this expac.

Quote Originally Posted by Antbregante View Post
    I remember hearing one leak that was wrong but right thematically. Supposedly there was supposed to be a big Alliance/Horde fight where tons of characters on both sides died but it was all a plan of Sylvanas to get them ready to fight in the afterlife.
    And honestly this would have been better than the stupid story we got with Shadowlands. The jailer is not scary at all, even less than the Iron Horde which was already pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    The last time I remember leaks doing anything significant was Wrath to Cata with the masks for Goblin and Worgen. Don't remember anything right (so far) for SL, as I think most expac leaks were pointing towards Old Gods or Azshara for this expac.
    There were lots for SL. Bolvar and Bastion were both leaked. Shadowlands as the expansion name was also dropped months prior.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Nope. There was big Shadowlands "leak", but it had nothing to do with expansion we got, "leaker" just got name right. And most speculating people sorta kinda expected some kind of death expansion after it was heavily hinted in BfA (Sylvanas, Bwomsandi, Drust, Bolvar, Voljin - and all before 8.2.5 cinematic).

Only valid leak was some panel screenshots, screen from cinematic and logo few days before reveal. Blizzcon 2019 was really most packed in history, but sadly part of it was ruined by leaks and Hong Kong situation.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz basically self-leaked Shadowlands a few times over.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Some things leaked right before they were revealed. Like shots of the Bolvar cinematic, or a press kit for 9.1 with some pictures right before BlizzConline because someone fat-fingered the release date to 2012 instead of 2021.

5+ Year Old Account
    Check youtube, there are so many leaks from PTR already. I see some guilds are also testing new raid on heroics and it is on Twitch as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BraveNewWorld View Post
    And honestly this would have been better than the stupid story we got with Shadowlands. The jailer is not scary at all, even less than the Iron Horde which was already pathetic.
    It's basically what we got though? Attack on teldrassil was for that purpose.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

one leaked the kyrian a week or so before the official reveal of shadowlands.
    ...that's just my opinion, anyway.

All of this cosmological stuff is too boring for me. I'd like to get Warcraft back, please. my thing is killing defias and orcs.

The Bastion artwork leak was the only real one that I saw.

I never really cared about the leaks concerning lore or actual content, but the theme and expansion name was absolutely right. Shadowlands and many other variations of similar names such as "Wrath of Bolvar" were flying around long before and actually ended up being right.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

I remember fans (in general) were super hyped for Bolvar and wanted him to be this badass champion with the big weapon leading the charge. It was a huge letdown when he got beat by Sylvanas. The idea of feeding Sylvanas a hero to beat to make her look tough is a good one, but Bolvar was the worst choice imaginable.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    There were lots for SL. Bolvar and Bastion were both leaked. Shadowlands as the expansion name was also dropped months prior.
    there were two pictures and name, i wouldnt call that "lots", but yeah there were some true leaks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I remember fans (in general) were super hyped for Bolvar and wanted him to be this badass champion with the big weapon leading the charge. It was a huge letdown when he got beat by Sylvanas. The idea of feeding Sylvanas a hero to beat to make her look tough is a good one, but Bolvar was the worst choice imaginable.
    Bolvar deserved to be beaten up after the bullshit he did in legion, though it should've been the player not sylvanas.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    there were two pictures and name, i wouldnt call that "lots", but yeah there were some true leaks
    The name was dropped several times, there were lore details in point form spread amongst incorrect ones. There were a handful of people here and there giving out info.

None of them did.

That's a google document that someone here was making of all the "leaks" at the time. Check it out, there's close to 90 in there. And not a single one of those was correct.

The only thing that actually, truly leaked was the kyrian info, Bastion artwork like a week before or so, and the Bolvar cinematic stuff a day or two prior.
    Last edited by Kiivar86; 2021-05-07 at 03:58 PM.