Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deferionus View Post
    Nice assumption. I'll be playing at launch and will still have enough PTO to spend 3 week in Europe this year, covid permitting. Just because I personally can make the release doesn't mean I need to be an ass and not be considerate of other people with other situations. And better friends? I am supposed to choose friends/family based upon how their employers implement policies regarding vacation time use?

Lol, good luck to you dude.
    People like you are why we have things like wow tokens and store mounts. Be considerate? Why? They aren't being considerate of us at all. They are only thinking about THEMSELVES and how much time THEY can put towards a 15 year old game. Good luck to YOU, dude.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    I don't know, I missed it because original boost with original shop mount and original ability to copy my Vanilla char for "just 35$". That's a lame excuse. Originally we had new servers btw. Give me new server and I don't give a shit.
    Yeah, so? What's your point? Because blizzard is being greedy and capitalizing on their game means we now need to cater to a bunch of Dad's? C'mon man. You're getting two weeks more then you should. Be thankful instead of angry. That's what you'd tell your kids, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post

I think MMO's are just too much of a time sink for you. Level with other people. Catering to crowds like you are why retail itself is so unbearable now. You HAVE to see that. You want to play a new race? Start from level 1 like everybody else did. Know what they didn't get? Two weeks to level in a pre-patch. A pre-patch where the leveling XP needed to level up is nerfed. The 1-43 level experience today will be the 1-60 experience time wise in pre-patch.

Or you can start off with your max level char or boosted 58 with a different race. Your choice.
    Oh dude. You don't get to tell me what I get to play, I am just expressing my concerns but hey, at least you can respond with your "strong" arguments. Chances are that my retail char has better score than will ever see buddy. Catering to the crowds like me is WHY WE GET TBC. U know what else we didn't get? Boosts, show mounts, layers. We didn't get to stay in Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

this is the right date.
    okay my launcher was maybe not updated the right way or so. I was confused lol

Yeah, so? What's your point? Because blizzard is being greedy and capitalizing on their game means we now need to cater to a bunch of Dad's? C'mon man. You're getting two weeks more then you should. Be thankful instead of angry. That's what you'd tell your kids, right?
    Lost cause. Learn to listen buddy.

This may come out as a really dumb question, but anyway. You cant use the Digital Deluxe Edition in SL as well right?

Nvm it say it the text

it in fact WILL be played as much in 2 months if not more so. You have a rep grind to do just to get into heroic dungeons. You have LOTS to do the whole time. You obviously never played TBC.

- - - Updated - - -

People that want crap like this....are why we can't have nice things anymore....like good xpacs.

- - - Updated - - -

You should get zero days to prep like how it was originally. Be lucky you get two weeks to start.

- - - Updated - - -

More like a late july to late August.
    Why do you say late July? Late August is just not happening. We're essentially done with the main questlines and are doing Raid testing now (And it's only May 7th). Music should be in soon, same with Cutscenes and VO's, and the Korthia stuff should also be in the game in a bit as-well.

That's at MOST stuff that can occur till Mid-Late June.

- - - Updated - - -

They said they didn't want 9.1 and TBC Classic to release right next to each-other, yes? Ok, so just make 9.1 release 2-3 weeks later, once TBC Classic's hype dies down.

Quote Originally Posted by Deferionus View Post
    While I am glad for BC and have been eagerly looking forward to it this short of notice complete ruins my plans for launch. I had a group of friends we were going to use vacation time to dungeon grind to 70 over the first couple days of the expansion. Because of Blizzard giving this short of notice two people in the group will not be able to give adequate notice to their employers to use vacation time for the launch. Thanks Blizz, all you had to do was be forthcoming with the information a few weeks earlier.
    Unfortunately blizzard doesn't give a shit about you and your friends this is all about keeping subs up and people engaged in WoW as a property they don't give a shit about the gamers in the end. The game isn't worth $21 a month to begin with so there is that also.

I wonder if it will be worth the money for that week you’ll play before nostalgia runs out again just like it did with classic. Probably not...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    I wonder if it will be worth the money for that week you’ll play before nostalgia runs out again just like it did with classic. Probably not...
    I imagine 90% of the playerbase will go TBC

My question is, what's the point of copying a max level character?

Surely the people would want to start fresh for a new experience

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm confused by this honestly.. Can people not stay in Azeroth and go to Outland too or do they have to pick between one or the other?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    I'm confused by this honestly.. Can people not stay in Azeroth and go to Outland too or do they have to pick between one or the other?
    When Pre-patch hits. Every existing character you have will be copied onto Vanilla Classic Servers and you have to choose one or the other.

If you want to play your character on both Vanilla and TBC servers you will have to pay $35.

If you want to create a new character on either server you can at no cost

IMO it's such a negligable thing and people getting upset about it proves how entitled people are these days

you have to choose
    oooooor, you could spend 35$ per character to stay on both
    thanks, blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Feindy View Post
    you have to choose
    oooooor, you could spend 35$ per character to stay on both
    thanks, blizzard
    We MUST choose? Cant I just log in and play classic? If I decide to take my Pala into BC, must I first copy him to classic then start playing? I guess once the choice is made you cant go back?

Cant I level my characters to 60 then decide wether or not I want to copy them over to BC?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    They can take them all for free to TBC. Or keep them on CLassic. If they want them on both then they pay.
    Ok so let me see if I get this. All current wow classic characters are automatically transferred to TBC classic. Players are given one free chance to copy one character from tbc classic to classic server. If they want more characters in classic server, they need to pay for each character. Right?
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    No as far as I understand it you only have to pay if you want the same character on both Classic and TBC

You can make a new character on either Classic or TBC AFAIK for free as normal

[QUOTE=FelPlague;53170396]blizzard literally said "we wanted to give players time to level up their draenei and belves to be ready for the opening of the dark portal"

- - - Updated - - -

Naw they said they wanted to give players a jump on leveling. Nowhere in their language has it suggested that they want to allow players to get fully leveled.

Still, some will, some wont.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alraml View Post
    No as far as I understand it you only have to pay if you want the same character on both Classic and TBC

You can make a new character on either Classic or TBC AFAIK for free as normal
    I guess what mean to ask is if you can travel freely between Azeroth and Outland or if you have to choose one or the other.

I guess what mean to ask is if you can travel freely between Azeroth and Outland or if you have to choose one or the other.
    yes it will be just like burning crusade was when it was current you could go back to azeroth only thing thats diffrent is its TBC azeroth, some things you can't do in classic will not be available or easier to do

Quote Originally Posted by Ardourdan View Post
    I hate to be that guy but I really cannot see TBC holding the same popularity as classic. I loved Classic because of the levelling experience. Beyond new raids I can't see a repeat of the queues/lag/full servers that we had on Classic launch.
    I agree, I'm just not really seeing the appeal. I know the classes have changed a lot since then, but the BC content itself has not changed at all. I've played through it so many times I got to the point where I dreaded doing it and was really happy when they made it so we could skip it altogether. What's so exciting about going back and playing it again?

7+ Year Old Account
    You choose to stay on "Vanilla only" or you choose to go to "the burning crusade"
    then if you want you can pay to do both.
    that is a choice for each charecter.

for those who wanna keep playing vanilla, or those who wanna play TBC