I am considering playing Mistweaver

Yes or no

Is anyone having fun playing the spec?

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    try it out using the trial character, best bet on how it plays without much investment, especially if you haven't leveled a monk yet.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

My favourite healer spec (and I literally played all 6 specs at max level).

I love how spells interact with each other and I love the mobility + transcendence is one of my favourite spells in the game.

Spec has some problems though - currently very weak in PvP (it's going to change in 9.1 - big buffs), and I don't like how little damage it has compared to other heal specs (or maybe it just feels awkward to do damage as me compared to other healers).

Quote Originally Posted by Mexh View Post
    Yes or no

Is anyone having fun playing the spec?
    The spec is quite fun by itself. If your fun is depended on being able to find m+ groups and closing high keys I would look to some other class.

From what I hear from our MW in our mythic raid group, healing seems to be fine but the class has serious mana problems. I never heard that from our paladin or resto shaman.

I heal from time to time for fun.

I despise the gameplay of regular mistweaving.
    It's just so meh to me. Coupled with the fact that we don't have any flashy big CD's it's just boring to me.

Fistweaving on the other hand is a ton of fun.
    I takes some getting used to but it does the job well. It fills in the "not having any CD's" by giving you 2 pseudo CD's with the ancient teachings legendary + the blackout kick minigame.

The spec is absolute dogshit in arena tho. For rated BG's I usually pull top healing but arenas are for WW monks.

7+ Year Old Account
    In a vacuum the class is fine. Throughput is good, spells feel good, agency between mist/fist builds. The real issues show up when you compare it to the other healers. Paladin is the natural competitor as they both are damage dealing melee healers but paladin outclasses MW at basically everything except throughput, where it is essentially a tie. Other healers also have advantages over a MW but there is a clear and obvious comparison with Paladins and almost no reason to bring a MW right now when looking at optimal group setup.

Before going further I should also say the raiding content vs. small group content vs. pvp are very different experiences and different spells become more important based on their interactions.

PVP 9.0.5 MW are very squishy and easily burst down in stuns. 9.1 talent changes should fix this and they (hopefully) will become viable at the highest levels.

M+ many say this is one of the best healers to KSM with because the celestial cooldown manages prideful so easily making low-midrange keys a joke. At the high end the lack of DR and damage output means again paladin outclasses you and groups will become very reluctant to pick you over a shaman or paladin who also have good healing/cds/dr/and damage.

Raid healing on mw is a fun experience, especially as a fistweaver. The raid healing you can provide is substantial and while it can be mana hungry fistweaving can actually solve that issue if played right. Also, MW have a single target niche on fights like KT where "heal the bar" is essentially the boss fight. MW can spec to dump an insane amount of ST healing into a target especially if spoon-fed things like PI and Innervate to help alleviate the mana issues.

My TLDR; it is a rewarding spec to play well and most other players will underestimate you based on meta class balance. I play with a chip on my shoulder to prove them all wrong and enjoy being a special tea drinking snowflake. Hopefully more changes come in 9.1 that improve our position relative to the other specs.

Obligatory - this spec can be successful in all content from KSM to Glad to Cutting Edge.

Good luck.

Nuniwu

As someone that healed since Vanilla (priest mostly) and basically only played MW since monks were introduced to the game, I'm unsubbed due to the state of MW.

I love the monk, I really like the game play and prefer ranged one instead of fistweaving but the monk is in such a bad place COMPARED to other healers that it's not even funny anymore. A shaman can do what I do with one hand, while having more tools and not going oom. There is literally zero reason to bring a monk to m+ or raids (talking mythic raids now, for lfr, normal and hc you'll be fine) as the other classes do what you do but better. In this expansion, the MWs turned 100% obsolete and I cant see a single situation where anyone would say "Shit we need to bring a MW for this fight" or "Get that MW for our m15+ key to make a smoother run".

I dropped WoW and raiding for the first time since I put my Vanilla foot in Molten Core and I don't see any reason to come back until the state of MW drastically changes. Fact is also that I dont have the time or want to play another class, so it's my MW that I invested lots into in this expansion or simply stay unsubbed until next exp comes.

My advice? I love MW, playstyle is great and if you only do low raids, mid keys (like 10-13, as you wont get invites to higher unless buddies are nice) and dont care about pvp, Go for it! If you wanna be semi competitive in m+, raids or pvp, avoid MW like a plague, pretend the class doesnt even exist in it's current state.

/Butthurt McSalty

Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    As someone that healed since Vanilla (priest mostly) and basically only played MW since monks were introduced to the game, I'm unsubbed due to the state of MW.

I love the monk, I really like the game play and prefer ranged one instead of fistweaving but the monk is in such a bad place COMPARED to other healers that it's not even funny anymore. A shaman can do what I do with one hand, while having more tools and not going oom. There is literally zero reason to bring a monk to m+ or raids (talking mythic raids now, for lfr, normal and hc you'll be fine) as the other classes do what you do but better. In this expansion, the MWs turned 100% obsolete and I cant see a single situation where anyone would say "Shit we need to bring a MW for this fight" or "Get that MW for our m15+ key to make a smoother run".

I dropped WoW and raiding for the first time since I put my Vanilla foot in Molten Core and I don't see any reason to come back until the state of MW drastically changes. Fact is also that I dont have the time or want to play another class, so it's my MW that I invested lots into in this expansion or simply stay unsubbed until next exp comes.

My advice? I love MW, playstyle is great and if you only do low raids, mid keys (like 10-13, as you wont get invites to higher unless buddies are nice) and dont care about pvp, Go for it! If you wanna be semi competitive in m+, raids or pvp, avoid MW like a plague, pretend the class doesnt even exist in it's current state.

/Butthurt McSalty
    While you’re not wrong, I’ve pugged 100% to 19s on MW, with very few rejects over all tbh. After 16s it’s a different mentality IMO.