10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    I'd be on board with this. Chrono Trigger has a straight forward and simple enough story that you could convey it all in FF14 without too much effort and the game itself offered some highly varied and interesting locations.

Mostly because Chrono Trigger is a game that's got very little filler and enough plot points to fit into 3 raids plus some fluff side content. Have each of the raid sections be set in a different time period and throw in the boss from each. Combine that with mechanics that would be easy to move over to FF14 and you're onto a winner.
    Same. That sounds pretty solid to me, though the hardest part for me would be paring Chrono Trigger down to just 3 raids. To do it justice, you'd have to have the Millenial Faire, Guardia Castle, Magus/Schala & 12,000 BC, The Future w/ Robo, the past with Ayla, & Lavos.

Perhaps you could start in an old destroyed Guardia-style Castle with a fair happening within the ruins, then travel to the different eras from there. Start with the past, then go to the future, then finally go to the Magus/Schala city and have that one keep Lavos as an end boss.

If nothing else, Chrono Triggers fits a hell of a lot better with FF than Nier does.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Same. That sounds pretty solid to me, though the hardest part for me would be paring Chrono Trigger down to just 3 raids. To do it justice, you'd have to have the Millenial Faire, Guardia Castle, Magus/Schala & 12,000 BC, The Future w/ Robo, the past with Ayla, & Lavos.

Perhaps you could start in an old destroyed Guardia-style Castle with a fair happening within the ruins, then travel to the different eras from there. Start with the past, then go to the future, then finally go to the Magus/Schala city and have that one keep Lavos as an end boss.
    Why not all?

Due to the time traveling nature of the game, they could have the raid travel to the different eras to fight the time appropriate bosses. Each raid wouldn't need to be locked to a specific time period. They could do a lot with it because of how flexible they could be with the time traveling thing and the characters. I'm excited thinking about it. Would be awesome to see the Chrono Trigger characters in FFXIV art style and animation.

10+ Year Old Account
    If a Chrono Trigger raid series is ever set up, I absolutely want an Enertron to put in my house that will restore my health, but leave me hungry.

Everything we had suspected was confirmed. Sharlayan. Scythe job.

- - - Updated - - -

Hm... really worried about the Reaper's ability color scheme. At first it seemed like it was going for a distinctive teal and black color scheme, but then they did red and black for the rest of the video, which seems indistinguishable from Dark Knight's ability animations.

Reaper looks awesome and uses the same gear as dragoon. Perfect!
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-05-15 at 01:27 AM.

Not feeling the grey concrete in Sharlayan. Sure, the architecture has teal lining and there are a lot of plants and trees, but the city is predominately grey concrete! We already have a grey concrete city in Ishgard. Disappointed.

- - - Updated - - -

The gaudy yellow and purple mountains of Thavnair make me think I'm looking at the sulfur surface of Jupiter's moon, Io.

Male viera!

Yeah, I am editing in the video like 1 hour after I posted.

Still reeling from the hype from the full trailer. I need the theme, I need it now. Inject it in to my veins!
    Last edited by RampageBW1; 2021-05-15 at 03:44 AM.

They seem more like just a variant of Miqote. Not as buff as that male viera fanart that was popular on the megathread on the official forums

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    Yeah honestly the new zones are kinda trash visually. Sharlayan just looks like Idyllshire, Thavnair is just ugly and gaudy as fuck, looks like someone is on psychadelics lol, and the moon was fine and clearly very early in development. I’ve been excited for Thavnair for a long time cause I was expecting it to be a lot like Aht Urghan from ffxi :/
    Who could have imagined Idyllshire and and Sharlayan looked alike. It's almost like they were both built by the same people.

I'm super excited about all of it. Reaper looks great, I hope it lives up to the hype and expectations.

Agreed on the aesthetics of Sharlayan and Thavnair being very gaudy, but I think it gives them a unique aesthetic, and look forward to seeing it in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    I understand that but there are plenty of ways they could have made them distinct. But I appreciate your incredibly limited imagination.
    Oh there are differences if you put your two brain cells together. At least it would be obvious if you even had that many.

7+ Year Old Account
    I missed the video of todays coverage of fianl fantasy fest is there a page that shows everything mentioned to read.. like did we get any info on when pre orders will be?
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    I missed the video of todays coverage of fianl fantasy fest is there a page that shows everything mentioned to read.. like did we get any info on when pre orders will be?
    They showed all the pre-order editions, but i don't know if we can pre-order yet or not.

Not much new was show. Just early footage of some of the zones, reaper job,male viera and oceania data centers for whoever is from there.
    Oh and release date. 23 november. 19 for early acess.

They say 6.0 will have a lot of content and they want to give it all the quality they can befitting the end of a memorable arc.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-05-15 at 04:09 AM.

Thavnair is going to give me headaches simply because of the bright colors. Hopefully, it will be toned down a little.

Also, kinda disappointed SE bent over for the male Viera and Hrothgals. I was absolutely fine with races having only one sex. Now 14 has its male Blood Elf equivalent lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    They showed all the pre-order editions, but i don't know if we can pre-order yet or not.

Not much new was show. Just early footage of some of the zones, reaper job,male viera and oceania data centers for whoever is from there.
    Oh and release date. 23 november. 19 for early acess.
    Yeah, it's kinda annoying that they haven't yet gone in to detail about what is coming. I was kinda hoping to know more about this Sanctuary Island or whatever it is called. Is it a different style of player housing? Is it just another daily content hub? Information, we needs it. I mean, I guess it is a good thing we got the full trailer, and info about the new melee dps class, but the rest of the keynote was a let down.

Though the Tower of Zot theme remix featured in the Dungeon video is my jam.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Lovely, can't wait.

Y'shtola looks as ravishing as ever. :3

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sammonoske View Post
    Also, kinda disappointed SE bent over for the male Viera and Hrothgals. I was absolutely fine with races having only one sex. Now 14 has its male Blood Elf equivalent lol.
    Well, to be honest: it simply does not make sense, lore wise to do so.
    Viera have to come from somewhere.

Even the "male Viera are hermits and close to never come out" doesn't really fly when the whole world is in flames.

I don't get the QQ about Sharlayan, I expected it to look like the Drav. Hinterland / Idyllshire. City looks great, though it seems inhabited by morons.

So that voidsent you parter with for reaper is totally going to be the wol's shard from that world isn't it?

The male Viera announcement alone might actually coax me back for awhile, though if they do decide to add
    female Hrothgar, i hope it`s more than just a human person with fuzzy ears

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Well, to be honest: it simply does not make sense, lore wise to do so.
    Viera have to come from somewhere.

Even the "male Viera are hermits and close to never come out" doesn't really fly when the whole world is in flames.
    Yeah, they do have to come from somewhere and the hermit thing is an easy way out of telling lore. I would prefer something more interesting like magic or reincarnation. Provided that it's explained well enough. Would have made them both special in my eyes.