Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thornquist View Post
    The uncomfortable truth that a 15+ year old game - that does not get any extra development, any extra content, any focus - actually CHALLENGES their current product. This is the truth they have to deal with. I absolutely love it.
    Just to nit pit, the uncomfortable truth is that a 15+ year old game, whose content development tools were built long ago, should have double the content of the first few expansions.

Instead we are treated with less than 1/2 of the content.

Ian damn well knows the lack of content is what is killing the game...but his corporate masters tell him to cut, cut, cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Feliks View Post
    Shadlowlands is dead right now
    Highly doubt it. Blizzard just reported a 29% loss of players and most of those should be from OW HOTS Diablo and Stacraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    Highly doubt it. Blizzard just reported a 29% loss of players and most of those should be from OW HOTS Diablo and Stacraft.
    and you believe their reports why?
    also nice job linking to the report you claim exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    and you believe their reports why?
    Prove Shadowlands is dead then

10+ Year Old Account
    Prove Shadowlands is dead then
    Na, you're the one throwing out numbers. Why do I have to provide evidence of your claims?

Classic launch doubled subs.

Massive queues and multiple layers everywhere to raise population caps.

2 months later all layers removed and queues down to a few minor ones on 3 servers during prime time.

Where did all the people go that drove the need for layers to raise population caps and have queues??

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    I love WoW, but Shittylands blows, just feels so boring, and lame, and generic. If you don't Raid or M+ there's practically nothing to do in the game. I stopped Raiding back in Legion. I do like M+ but not going to play SL only for M+.

Was going to unsub, but I'll stick around just for Burning Crusade Classic.

It's funny that an old game brought back to life 15 years later, competes with thier newest product. LOL.
    So SL sucks because if you don’t like to raid, do dungeons, or PvP there isn’t anything to do.

So you’re going to play TBC where if you don’t raid, do dungeons, or PvP you’ll...?

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    Na, you're the one throwing out numbers. Why do I have to provide evidence of your claims?
    You literally said Shadowlands is dead. Where's your proof?

Why do I have to provide evidence of your claims?
    Because my claim is a statement made by Blizzard and yours is a random vaguepost.

why would you think any of those titles would have a 30% loss in a quarter considering they haven't had content in basically YEARS already? Those people have already left long ago.

30% swing is an expansion bombing, such as SL. SL has already lost 30-50% of it's playerbase depending on which reporting you believe. You don't wanna believe it? that's ok, i won't convince you.... just wait a quarter, ofc, TBC will cover up a good bit of their losses of SL but not nearly as much as classic did.

Look, i raid Mythic SL and don't play classic these days but the reality is SL is a disaster, and i'd have personally left months ago but i love the guys i raid with. Classic is having a bit of a 2nd resurgence during NAXX and leading into TBC

Unless 9.1 is the equivalent of 3-4 of blizzard's best patches ever, SL won't be able to bounce back. The damage has been done now

Classic is more bot than it is player by this point. It sure was popular, especially when everyone was still leveling, but by the time raiding became the main thing, it fell out of favor pretty hard. TBC will start with a bang as well and eventually fade with a whimper until it too is a botting paradise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    why would you think any of those titles would have a 30% loss in a quarter considering they haven't had content in basically YEARS already? Those people have already left long ago.

30% swing is an expansion bombing, such as SL. SL has already lost 30-50% of it's playerbase depending on which reporting you believe. You don't wanna believe it? that's ok, i won't convince you.... just wait a quarter, ofc, TBC will cover up a good bit of their losses of SL but not nearly as much as classic did.

Look, i raid Mythic SL and don't play classic these days but the reality is SL is a disaster, and i'd have personally left months ago but i love the guys i raid with. Classic is having a bit of a 2nd resurgence during NAXX and leading into TBC

Unless 9.1 is the equivalent of 3-4 of blizzard's best patches ever, SL won't be able to bounce back. The damage has been done now
    And those reports are...?

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't Raid when Burning Crusade was live back in the day. I took my time leveling and enjoying the trip. And awesome zones and story. Plus I ran dungeons of course. And had a bunch of alts then.

I can't remember exactly what I did in Burning Crusade all those years ago? But I know I didn't Raid, and I played the game for it's 2 years, and recall liking it.

It's the journey, not the destination.

If I play Burning Crusade Classic, I'll take my sweet ass time leveling. Don't care if it takes me weeks or even months to get 70 on a few alts. Where's the fire? No reason to rush it, this classic expansion will be around for 2 years. Plenty of time to explore and have fun in the game. No need for Raids.
    So doing exactly what you can do in Shadowlands now?

10+ Year Old Account
    You literally said Shadowlands is dead. Where's your proof?

Because my claim is a statement made by Blizzard and yours is a random vaguepost.
    I didn't say Shadowlands is dead but go ahead and mistake my post for someone else's.

15+ Year Old Account
    This topic and everything around it is just people in tandem trying to save face, that's all it is. You just have leagues of people who don't want to admit they're wrong, talking about the developers mainly.

People actually believe this? No wonder flat earthers are growing in numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    This is so false, and just goes to show how out of touch retailers are. It's a very small percentage that are minmaxxers in classic.
    You're out of your mind if you don't think the majority of Classic players are raiding min/maxers. Look at how many Frost Mages there are in Naxx compared to Fire Mages. Look how many Ret Paladins there are.

Retailers, rofl. I don't even own Shadowlands:

Last edited by Master Factician; 2021-05-08 at 01:32 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    I love WoW, but Shittylands blows, just feels so boring, and lame, and generic. If you don't Raid or M+ there's practically nothing to do in the game. I stopped Raiding back in Legion. I do like M+ but not going to play SL only for M+.

It's funny that an old game brought back to life 15 years later, competes with thier newest product. LOL.
    Oh you're gonna love BC then and all its amazing, rewarding world content.

TBC will shoulder the load SL dropped just like Classic did for all of BFA. Meanwhile marketing will come out and throw a spin talking about Buzz around 9.1 but these forums basically proves nobody gives a fuck about 9.1 outside the Raider IO implementation..

Subs for Shadowlands are allegedly way higher.
    There was just a quarterly... subs are down 30% from last quarter.. it might have been higher at some point, but Im sure it isnt now.

Quote Originally Posted by Thornquist View Post
    Watching Ian squirm in a debate with preach, insisting that "class identity" is something they will focus on - high or hell water - in Shadowlands.

Reading from Gamespot that Classic is "just as popular as retail" - and then watch them shirk to answer if its more popular or not.

The uncomfortable truth that a 15+ year old game - that does not get any extra development, any extra content, any focus - actually CHALLENGES their current product. This is the truth they have to deal with. I absolutely love it.

Sources:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69hR...l=PreachGaming

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/wo.../1100-6487853/
    Awfully jaded to think a company is anything other than thrilled a product of it is successful. They have a version of BC selling for 70 bucks. They might be surprised, but you are a fool to think they are anything other than happy.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    I still remember people with the "wall of no" and "classic will die in one week" Kinda funny now that Shadowlands is completely dead.
    What a great argument. What a great post.

- - - Updated - - -

A sub is a sub. Doesn't matter if you pay it for access to retail, classic or both.

Legit question; what is there to do in BC classic compared to retail? Raid and pvp? So, same as retail. You don't have m+, and there's no reason to do dungeons after you outgear the gear from there.

So. Enlighten me. What is there to do in BC classic if you don't raid, pvp or do dungeons?
    Hi

The most hilarious thing is people actually worry about which game is better than the other. Just seems like a waste of time and energy trying to tell people in the world what is better in a battle of personal preference.