Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    There is no such thing as a "casual gearing concern."
    If you want better gear, you do non-casual content.
    I am of course glad they are looking to allow for more gearing options, but expecting good gear when playing "casually" is just being selfish.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

they could fix a large part of the casual gear issue via using the valor system for convenent gear and this new maw touched gear. it would make valor actually worth something to people that don't run M+ at the same time...
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Dont understand why casuals complain...Im Item level 205 with no mythic done but like 3...Thats 15 item level below top geared, not to bad. Been the same since well 4-ever...15-25 item levels.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    The achievement requirement is obnoxious. Its one to thing to have thr world quests offer such paltry gains in the first place but to then also lock it behind ksm is fucking insulting.
    Good thing it isn't locked behind ksm then?
    Or did you mean "I want max level rewards from doing world quests"? Because that aint happening and thank fuck for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    I think OP has understood something wrong.

Yes, there's gonna be gear that you can buy+upgrade by doing open world content, but it's definitely not gonna be heroic raid ilvl. Maybe on par with heroic gear from castle nathria, but not the next raid tier, lol.
    I think it was iLvl 237 fully upgraded.

Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post

In terms of catch-up gear, it's expected but by the time a casual gets up to "heroic" sanctum gear ilvs, most players would probably be done with AoTC Sanctum.
    Is that a bad thing though? Most threads I saw wanted exactly this. An alternate way of gearing up, that's done over time, rather than difficulty.

You can combine all content there is, to gear up even faster/efficient now. Pvp for maybe a trinket (I know pvp gear is weaker now), m+ for the vault and a few gearslots, then you look which slot drop late in the raid, so you prioritize those slots with your mawtouched gear.
    And bam. Raid rng fills the rest of your gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    "Real" MMORPG means not having the lionshare of your content be singleplayer. Pretty objective, no?

Man, imagine having a casual friendly gearing system that was like Benthic, but not BiS in the raid due to random sockets and amazing bonuses.
    Same as Benthic, I seriously doubt any person actually thinks they'll get a fully upgraded set of gear, this is meant to fill in gaps or provide a floor of upgrades between 5-10.
    While rank 15 requiring renown 75 seems steep, keep in mind most players will probably have the whole set at rank 1 for mog, and then only upgrade the good pieces gradually.
    I haven't done PTR testing but I'd bet it's far more valuable to upgrade 3 pieces 1 rank each than to try and turbo farm 1 slot to rank15.
    More options is a good thing, I think people who are angry will be angry regardless of how well tuned this is.

Am I personally vexed by a casual player "eventually" having heroic quality gear from this? No, because I probably got the same gear way faster anyway, good for them on reaching an ilvl goal without raiding since they clearly don't want to raid for their own reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    Good thing it isn't locked behind ksm then?
    Or did you mean "I want max level rewards from doing world quests"? Because that aint happening and thank fuck for that.
    No, he meant being able to upgrade higher without the demand of KSM, or Mythic dungeon gear.

Currently, Mythic+ rewards a massive amount of Valor vs. 1 calling pr. day of what, 45 valor? What is the issue in permitting world players the ability to upgrade gear without having to do Mythics? It is not like they are gonna overtake you or score some sweet loot from the vault anyways.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    Not just currency but also renown... Basically this is just covenant gear upgraded to 9.1 levels.

In the video, you see the streamer click to rank 15 and the red text states

among the requirements. Assuming you get 3 renown per week that translates to about 12 weeks before can get to renown 75 and we know that's not the case since renown actually drops down to 2 renown per week towards the end (without campaign questline renown). So figure a minimum of 15 weeks?

Also remember that covenant gear required a significant investment of Anima if you were going to upgrade all the pieces, so translated to 9.1, that could be the new currency to be added in the patch. Similar to how Bethnic gear required pearls to upgrade which initially was fairly limited currency.

In terms of catch-up gear, it's expected but by the time a casual gets up to "heroic" sanctum gear ilvs, most players would probably be done with AoTC Sanctum.
    Yeah, that seems fine. Hard renown requirements, farming, and it's still 2 ilvls below heroic raid it seems. The guy mouses over a raid neck and it's 239, while this gear caps out at 237. I think it's a good system.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordTakeo View Post
    Is that a bad thing though? Most threads I saw wanted exactly this. An alternate way of gearing up, that's done over time, rather than difficulty.
    Not a bad thing but just a reminder that because of the time gating, maw-touched gear is more like covenant gear for 9.1.

Quote Originally Posted by LordTakeo View Post
    You can combine all content there is, to gear up even faster/efficient now
    It's dependent on a few different factors. Time, effort and game gates to unlock rank 15 (out of 15) upgrades for the maw-touched gear will determine it's viability compared to just running M+ or raiding (or pvp) in 9.1.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    I think it's a good system.
    Just wait for the complaints to come in for Blizzard's time gating casual gear is crap threads.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    So in 9.1 you'll be able to upgrade gear to heroic iLvls by doing casual content. It has been likened to benthic gear so most presumably a limited resource/currency that will allow you to slowly work on upgrading your gear by doing daily quests and/or world quests.

Hopefully you can earn the currency from daily heroics and LFR as well in order to breathe some life in to those forms of casual content.

Thoughts? It seems as though Blizzard have listened to the feedback from all the casuals who quit shadowlands early on.
    WTF is casual gear concerns? There's not enough welfare to make you skip the game and finish patch in 1 week? Than rage on forums about how there's no content??
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    No, he meant being able to upgrade higher without the demand of KSM, or Mythic dungeon gear.

Currently, Mythic+ rewards a massive amount of Valor vs. 1 calling pr. day of what, 45 valor? What is the issue in permitting world players the ability to upgrade gear without having to do Mythics? It is not like they are gonna overtake you or score some sweet loot from the vault anyways.
    The items you can upgrade only drops from mythic plus, so unsure about a few things, like, why would you need the gear to begin with? You need that gear to beat world quests? You have covenant gear for that purpose... How are you gonna get the gear to upgrade anything without having to do mythics?
    The upgrade levels are also gated in segments, KSM is only needed to upgrade beyond 213 ilvl.

You didn't really think this through did you?

10+ Year Old Account
    The items you can upgrade only drops from mythic plus, so unsure about a few things, like, why would you need the gear to begin with? You need that gear to beat world quests? You have covenant gear for that purpose... How are you gonna get the gear to upgrade anything without having to do mythics?
    The upgrade levels are also gated in segments, KSM is only needed to upgrade beyond 213 ilvl.

You didn't really think this through did you?
    This whole need the gear is the most perpetually stupid argument. Here's what I dont actually need. To sub to warcraft. What people are asking for is a reason to do that, ergo casual gearing. Not because anybody actually fucking needs it. or not who gives a shit. Honesty I get the feeling if the game was nothing but a lobby while you waited for instanced content you'd be fine with that. Maybe that's what they should do.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2021-05-08 at 04:04 AM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    This whole need the gear is the most perpetually stupid argument. Here's what I dont actually need. To sub to warcraft. What people are asking for is a reason to do that, ergo casual gearing. Not because anybody actually fucking needs it. or not who gives a shit. Honesty I get the feeling if the game was nothing but a lobby while you waited for instanced content you'd be fine with that. Maybe that's what they should do.
    Why do you need a good looking partner when an ugly one will grant you children exactly as well? Yes if you approach everything with pure logic like a fucking robot and never ever use any emotion under any circumstance it's true that you never need anything more than the bare minimum.

Why would I want to earn 300k dollars per year when I can survive on 100k by eating potatoes and onions?

I really don't think that this whole debate has that much to do with gear, but rather it has everything to do with the "elite" players wanting to feel special.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    I really don't think that this whole debate has that much to do with gear, but rather it has everything to do with the "elite" players wanting to feel special.
    This would only matter if the maw touched gear goes into mythic raid item level which i doubt.
    Everyone complaining that this invalidates their heroic raid gear should look around how it's been over the last few years lmao.

15+ Year Old Account
    M+ has invalidated heroic raid for the last 3 expansions now. In Legion you kinda had to be dedicated to M+ for it to invalidate the raid, but I'm sure the majority of M+ tanks and healers in Legion were all over-geared for Heroic the moment the raid came out. That's basically why they started staggering the release of everything.

M+ has changed the game for the worse in my opinion. Now you need a completely whole new end game for people who can't be bothered to play e-peen games with M+. You have people who completely disregard PVP as if it doesn't exist, you have people who refuse to do M+ and you have people who strictly only raid and they're all divided across shards and phases. That is a really unified, coherent gaming community you've got there lmao...
    Socially, who would wanna touch this game with a 10 foot pole? It's a social disaster.

why would you need the gear to begin with?
    To not get stomped in random battlegrounds and in warmode.

15+ Year Old Account
    Congrats you can once again feel like you earned something, when in reality you didn't quite do much really.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Congrats you can once again feel like you earned something, when in reality you didn't quite do much really.
    Don't care. Just want to feel like I'm allowed to queue for random battlegrounds and turn on warmode again.

It'll also be nice to have a progression path that doesn't involve submitting to the raiderio machine that Blizzard is wholeheartedly endorsing.