Poll: Rate Shadowlands

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    Take off those rose colored glasses.
    I guess people must pick expac where there was little less whining than usual like Wrath, MoP, Legion and put them on pedestal completely ignoring problems of that expac. Otherwise how to explain being invested in game you hated last 10 years?

I know people only like strong opinions either way so someone being "eh its pretty good but could be better 7/10" is an alien concept. But just for my own enjoyment, I think there's a few rather small side things that were neglected that if they had been featured in SL probably would have made me feel a bit better. Things like Archeology or a new pet battle dungeon to name two small rather 'silly' features.

Crazy to compare this to that other 22 page thread that was created 3 months prior to this one. This is the issue with systems based expansions used more as a gimmick for time gating vs focusing on more content. It kills me this obsession with systems over content under the Ion era of WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    I'll give it one point for fun questing and one point for CN. Solid 2 for sure!
    what the f does cartoon network has to do with shadowlands?

- - - Updated - - -

I came to a conclusion I didnt before, which makes me want to change my 3-4 to 1-2:

Times passes. You cant "not give this a 1-2 and rate it 3-4 because wod was worse".
    They fired a lot of people, made a lot of money, technically Blizzard has a lot more cash to pour into wow than they had before, maybe even ten times as much.
    HOWEVER
    Game Design got worse, QoS got worse, the time between patches got worse, the speed of hotfixes got worse, and the quality of the content got relatively worse.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is sadly bad, but it is not the expansion itself.

The art, lore and so on going on are excellent (well, not all the Lore as we know...)

But the gaming experience is simply the worse to date. It only keeps getting worse, which is a shame... we could be easily having the best WoW times ever.. with the current graphics and textures... but nope.

5+ Year Old Account
    Funny how both this and the other rating thread is active. Things are piling up like Blizz systems.

Shittylands is getting up there in the Hall of Shame alongside WoD and Cat as the worst expansions. Right now I'd rate SL third worst expansion.

The systems on top of systems is beyond ridiculous already. I want the game to go back to pre Legion type, except keep M+.

Bottom line, this expansion is just boring with almost nothing to do. It feels generic and overall lame.

I guess if your Raider the games still great, but I stopped raiding few expansions ago.

Basically if you don't Raid or M+, there's pretty much nothing else to do. So bring on 10.0 soon.

And get a new game director, Ion needs to step aside, let's get a fresh new creative team to take WoW in a more fun direction with different ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    It's amazing how fast the expansion dropped in popularity. That tells me that new zones and questing content will make people excited, but new systems not so much.
    i think it show that patch is taking too long rather than anything related to actual quality or how much people like it...

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I guess people must pick expac where there was little less whining than usual like Wrath, MoP, Legion and put them on pedestal completely ignoring problems of that expac. Otherwise how to explain being invested in game you hated last 10 years?

Thats the dirty secret. There are no expansions with less whining. People just forget because most of the whining is meaningless, petty garbage.

Look at Legion now as a perfect example. Its generally regarded well by most people now as a great expansion. Yet the first year or more of Legion was full of people quitting because of the broken legendary system and the endless AP grind. Not meaningless cosmetic junk like anima power either, significant player power gained from grinding Artifact power.

The cycle will continue. The next expansion after SL will be the worst thing ever. Then the one after that will be the worst thing ever. Then so on and so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Poor.

Too much to do that feels like chores. It feels overly-complicated and I just can’t be bothered with a list of shit that I need to do to play.

And I’m sick of this storyline continuing over from xpac to xpac.
    This is basically exactly how I feel about everything so far. Systems are overly complicated, content got boring quick. Got to a point where it felt like I was just getting on to do chores so I stopped playing

Shadowlands was a weird expansion for me, it looked like it could be a very fun experience but it quickly fell on it's face when I noticed just how annoying it was and how it kind of feels like a job instead of a game.

I still have some fun but way to often it feels annoying, tedious and unrewarding and for the love of god change the focus of the story, two expansions of this lame crap is enough, just make sylvanas and anduin kiss and make up and write about something new and don't make it about horde vs alliance were horde is just misunderstood and in need of hugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    If your audience/customer can’t wait between patches before getting bored and/or quitting, that’s a problem with the game and the direction you’re going with it.

It’s definitely a quality issue at that point.
    well, i disagree, bcs it was ALWAYS issue, people consuming content way faster than it can be produced, but for a second lets say i do agree

if you go through comments here (or other threads for that matter) there are people who went from 7-8 to 2-3 for no other reason than patch taking too long, you think thats fair decrease? everything is the same, some minor things are actualy better than at begining, yet somehow people went 75% down with rating while claiming only issue is patch takes too long, that doesnt seem a bit too much to you?

i agree the patch is taking too long, but knowing from work how EVERYTHING in production, every goddamn project in every industry is delayed, im willing to give them some rope, i understand if people that are bored lower the score, reason being the lenght of patch, but ffs from 8 to 2? seems WAY too harsh...

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Crazy to compare this to that other 22 page thread that was created 3 months prior to this one. This is the issue with systems based expansions used more as a gimmick for time gating vs focusing on more content. It kills me this obsession with systems over content under the Ion era of WoW.
    This is an issue with a patch taking too long to come out due to everyone working from home/covid pandemic. Systems aren't going away because it gives players a reason to play the game outside of leveling and then raid logging. They did that in WoD and it almost killed the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby451 View Post
    Thats the dirty secret. There are no expansions with less whining. People just forget because most of the whining is meaningless, petty garbage.

Look at Legion now as a perfect example. Its generally regarded well by most people now as a great expansion. Yet the first year or more of Legion was full of people quitting because of the broken legendary system and the endless AP grind. Not meaningless cosmetic junk like anima power either, significant player power gained from grinding Artifact power.

The cycle will continue. The next expansion after SL will be the worst thing ever. Then the one after that will be the worst thing ever. Then so on and so forth.
    Quoted for truth.

Legion was the first expansion where I quit due to sheer burnout, and AP grind was the biggest factor. I can't believe people are bashing SL for it's anima grind....for cosmetics? Like, do people need ALL the covenant tints or smth?

To the poster above me, people have been subbing for 1-3 months after patch days for 10+years now. Actually, many did that trough out all of WoW's existence, but during BC or Wrath, WoW was a global cultural sensation, with celebrities starring in commercials...the influx of players was so big - more players were joining, so the sub gain was positive. But people have always quit WoW. I have several friends who quit after Vanilla, and in their opinion, everything after that was not WoW anymore.

In the meantime, WoW got old, MMO genre as whole got stale and outdated. People prefer fast, cheap thrills - where you can jump in and out. That is why you see complaints about WoW today, people are expecting to have a table of 10 alts rdy to jump in every content, but in reality, WoW is a progression based game - it is at it's core.

I'd have to give it 4/10. Lower than I'd give WoD (5, despite at the time, and even during legion the worst expansion they had made), but way higher than the absolute 0/10 BFA was. Yes, that one is 0, not even 1/10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

3-4 (bad) for me. Last time I played was around February, so it kept me interested around 5 times as much as the initial BFA.
    +1 for the new PvP gearing system and for casual arenas being fun;
    +1 for no forced artifact power/azerite currency;
    +1 for timewalking campaigns (my favorite new feature since... transmog, I guess);
    +0.5 for the new customization options (half a point because they could have opened up more, but it's a step in the right direction).
    End-game content feels like its purposefully designed to annoy you everywhere and the expansion's story/world cannot make up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby451 View Post

So far, WoD was about the only real exception, being regarded as worse even in Legion. But yes, "<current expansion> sucks, <earlier expansion> was better" has been a thing since WotLK.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    love how they are now doing "gimmicks instead of focusing on content"...
    people worship wotlk like second coming of christ and that had what content in patches?! raid and daily quests, with exception of icc which had raid and 3 small dungeons (i dont count trial dungeon as that was literaly the same room as raid and both together had less fights than regular raid now), and thats it...
    hell patch 9.1 have more non-raid content than wotlk get after release through its whole life time... but sure, we now have less content...

6.5/10

bad zones/world design
    medicore dungeons, step down from bfa
    great raid
    torghast is better than BFA grind