Addons/tools for returning Achievement hunter

Hey guys,

I recently got back into the game, and kinda lost track on all my achievement progress.

I still need a lot of achievements from Legion, BfA and Shadowlands.. But I would love some pointers on where to start.
    Hopefully, there are some "easy" ones that I just missed.

I´m wondering if you know of any addons or websites, that can help you figure out where you need to farm - in order to spend your time accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by This One Time At Bandcamp View Post
    I´m wondering if you know of any addons or websites, that can help you figure out where you need to farm - in order to spend your time accordingly.
    It's almost impossible to figure out what's "easy" to do. As an example, which is the most time-efficient to do: 1 million honor kills or getting the Time-Lost Proto-Drake? TLPD is easier, but the kills can be faster to get if you aren't lucky with the spawn. How would an addon be able to recommend which you should do?

Simplearmory is a lightweight version of armory that shows you all collectibles in a given category. Most notably used for mounts because it lists all of them by expansion and by source. Simplearmory also has something called "planner" which supposedly shows you how to get some of the mounts that are missing step by step, but overall you still have to choose by yourself.

https://simplearmory.com/#/eu/aerie-...ectable/mounts Here's my page, but you can input any name from any server, and of course you are mostly interested in yourself for sure.

If you want, feel free to post your simplearmory page, and I can suggest some mounts that are fairly easy to obtain for you. Bear in mind that these days, the collecting meta is using alts to override weekly/daily lockouts, and you won't be collecting too much without at least a couple characters at a sufficient level. Ideally 10+.

As a general suggestion I'd recommend starting with the old raid mounts (Wrath, Cata, MoP, WoD) as these are mostly around 1% drop rate and you can knock these out fairly quickly with a couple alts. Possibly also some daily open world rares, as those can be killed daily instead of weekly, so having a couple alts will ensure getting most of them in a couple days.

Useful addons for collectors:
    Rarity - attempt tracking for various things, mounts, pets, toys. Most recommended to a collector
    Saved instaces - shows you lockouts on all your alts, also has some currency tracking etc. It's a bit limited because it doesn't track rares and open world stuff but still useful.
    AllTheThings - this one I would wait with, especially if you're not into farming mogs as it's best used for that.
    HandyNotes (or any kind of other addon that marks rare spawns and treasures for you on the map)
    RareScanner for sound alerts when a rare spawns, an alternative to the old npcscan. There are probably other addons that do the same thing as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    It's almost impossible to figure out what's "easy" to do. As an example, which is the most time-efficient to do: 1 million honor kills or getting the Time-Lost Proto-Drake? TLPD is easier, but the kills can be faster to get if you aren't lucky with the spawn. How would an addon be able to recommend which you should do?
    Disagree. Sure there are some collectibles that are hard to gauge the difficulty of acquisition, but a lot of them can be more or less labeled as easy, or hard to get. Based on their drop chance and lockout time they are on. For example, the 4 argus open world mounts that are recolors of each other count as fairly easy, as they are about 3% drop chance and can (mostly) be killed daily, though there are some days on which their relevant rare spawns are not up.

PS. And on the topic of TLPD specifically, it's not hard at all these days. You level a character on a dead-rp realm and just camp there. Should be quite fast.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2021-05-09 at 06:41 PM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by This One Time At Bandcamp View Post
    Hey guys,

I recently got back into the game, and kinda lost track on all my achievement progress.

I still need a lot of achievements from Legion, BfA and Shadowlands.. But I would love some pointers on where to start.
    Hopefully, there are some "easy" ones that I just missed.

Two addons springs to mind:
    - All The Things or ATT
    - Instance Achievement Tracker or IAT

ATT tracks (almost) all achievements and mogs in the game
    IAT tracks (as the same suggests) achiements in dungeons/raids, and offer detailed explanation how do do them.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Thanks for the recommendations - greatly appreciate it!

Compared to @Azerate I certainly have a lot of mount-farming to do!
    (Sitting at 26,3k achi points atm. https://simplearmory.com/#/eu/twisti...ectable/mounts)

But I do have a bunch of leveled/geared chars, so I´m ready to get started!

Collect Me
    Overachiever
    Simple Armory

TBH my biggest friend is a good ol' spreadsheet. It seems to be working: https://simplearmory.com/#/eu/dun-mo...ectable/mounts