Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sircaw View Post
    Having you been leaving under a rock the last few years, have you seen what the radical left has done to Labour.
    Radical, what radical things are they doing? Communism? 90 % tax on everyone?
    Formerly Howeller, lost my account.

Quote Originally Posted by Howel View Post
    Radical, what radical things are they doing? Communism? 90 % tax on everyone?
    Are you a momentum supporter by chance?

Are you a momentum supporter by chance?
    Are you gonna answer the question?

Are you gonna answer the question?
    If you can not see what has been going on the last 4+ years in the Labour party, with the droves of fanatical corbinites(momentum) taking over, the threats of deselection, the hounding of people, the in your face anti Semitism, the party is a shadow of its former self.

If you can not see that, I don't know what to say.

So the question is, are you a member of momentum?

I mean just read this article,

His leadership, and the hard left cult who surround him, have alienated potential supporters across the board. Traditional Labour voters were turned off by his leadership style and personal failings. His support for unsavoury authoritarian regimes and his grossly inadequate response to anti-Semitism in Labour’s ranks added to the sense that he was unfit to be prime minister.
    you got ride of Corbin but the party is still filled with its vile members.

https://www.ft.com/content/168f5814-...6-7348c2f183af
    Last edited by sircaw; 2021-05-09 at 11:30 AM.

If you can not see what has been going on the last 4+ years in the Labour party, with the droves of fanatical corbinites(momentum) taking over, the threats of deselection, the hounding of people, the in your face anti Semitisml, the party is a shadow of its former self.

If you can not see that, I don't know what to say.

So the question is, are you a member of momentum?
    Again, I am gonna have to ask what the radical part is. I can go find the dictionary if ya need to know what radical means in a political context. And just saying that it is, and then proclaiming that those unable to see it are blind, is not much of an argument.

And no, I am not a member of momentum.

Again, I am gonna have to ask what the radical part is. I can go find the dictionary if ya need to know what radical means in a political context. And just saying that it is, and then proclaiming that those unable to see it are blind, is not much of an argument.

And no, I am not a member of momentum.
    Here you go bud,

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...und-green-plan

If the most left-wing of newspapers is calling it radical, I think it says it all.

Anyways, more to the point, I am talking about the radical element in Labour itself, you know the nutjobs that run the show behind the scenes, you must be able to see that, the press could not stop talking about them the last general election.

I hope you can acknowledge that, because that's the reason, Labour got smashed the last election.
    Last edited by sircaw; 2021-05-09 at 11:37 AM.

Here you go bud,

If the most left-wing of newspapers is calling it radical, I think it says it all.
    I think it says newspapers are great at making you read them

But you are right, it was truly radical! So radical that it said such promises as single digit percentage changes to some things! RADICAL!

Nevermind that Tories have had equally high number percentage changes that they wanted to change in their wishful dreams, but that's just good old common sense politics of course.

I think it says newspapers are great at making you read them

But you are right, it was truly radical! So radical that it said such promises as single digit percentage changes to some things! RADICAL!

Nevermind that Tories have had equally high number percentage changes that they wanted to change in their wishful dreams, but that's just good old common sense politics of course.
    You can take a horse to water.

Have a good day.

Here you go bud,

Anyways, more to the point, I am talking about the radical element in Labour itself, you know the nutjobs that run the show behind the scenes, you must be able to see that, the press could not stop talking about them the last general election.

I hope you can acknowledge that, because that's the reason, Labour got smashed the last election.
    So basically what you're saying is that you're ignorant of what Labour actually is, ignorant of Labour policies, and generally believe everything about them that you read in the Daily Mail. Thanks for being so comfortable revealing the extent of your ignorance to everyone. That was very brave.

Reading that link you shared, it seems that you don't know all the nuanced meanings of the word "radical" either. You've been so brainwashed by the sources that feed you your opinion that it sets you off like a dog-whistle. I'll give you a hint; what we did in the UK after WW2 was also radical. In the US the "New Deal" was radical. Getting rid of slavery was radical. Do I need to go on?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

You can take a horse to water.

Have a good day.
    Look, I just find it funny because radical in a political context, means a demand for major changes to the systems and society itself. That manifesto might have had some big promises, but that's not radical, it is working well within the system itself that the UK currently operates under. And all those nutjobs did as well. But it sounds good, it is a sharp dagger in the heart to call it radical

It is why my initial question was if they were going communist.

roflmao

Such radical. Much old meme.

Honestly, people on the right really need to keep that word out of their mouths. They think they're conjuring images of gulags and bread lines when they try to terrify people about "the radical left" but in reality all it amounts to is: "Tax the wealthy, invest in green energy with money raised by taxing companies actively harming the planet."

It's only "radical" in the sense that the right has been fighting tooth and nail for years to prevent necessary changes like this from happening. To the point that people have bought into the propaganda that these policies will mark the downfall of Western Civilization.™

Wish corbyn won, we would all be starving. homeless billionaires like the noble zimbabwe people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    So that's not radical association... like at all. Here I thought they had teamed up with IRA to take down the Tories, but it is just bog standard political shit.

Also if that's what is keeping Labour out, then I am not sure how the heck the Tories are in
    The media put a ton of focus on the false claims of anti-semitism coming from Corbyn and the the blairite faction of labour really helped them along with it, such a thing does not happen to the tories so they can pretty much be as racist as they want while false claims will bury anybody in labour who is left of centre/not a blairite.

Media controll and party controll is important, Corbyn should have gotten rid of the blairites by any means necessary.

- - - Updated - - -

Having you been leaving under a rock the last few years, have you seen what the radical left has done to Labour.

People wonder why the Tories are running wild in UK politics.

Until Labour cleanse all those nutjobs in it, it will remain totally unelectable.
    Lmao, they are now losing big under your favourite blairite Starmer while he is making sure the left and centre-left factions have as little power as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    So basically what you're saying is that you're ignorant of what Labour actually is, ignorant of Labour policies, and generally believe everything about them that you read in the Daily Mail. Thanks for being so comfortable revealing the extent of your ignorance to everyone. That was very brave.

Reading that link you shared, it seems that you don't know all the nuanced meanings of the word "radical" either. You've been so brainwashed by the sources that feed you your opinion that it sets you off like a dog-whistle. I'll give you a hint; what we did in the UK after WW2 was also radical. In the US the "New Deal" was radical. Getting rid of slavery was radical. Do I need to go on?
    Oh give me a break, you represent everything that is wrong in politics today, if you're not stinking up the Brexit thread with your hate all things UK, your now disillusioned about why the labour party has become so unelectable, your either out of touch in what is really happening in the parties today or you're once again being disingenuous in your replies.

I mean what was your reply above, just a load of garbage. Your a daily mail reader although I linked a guardian article, i see what your trying to do there,so sly of you, the last article i linked in the brexit thread was sky news article too, i bet that made you foam at the mouth too.

Another one of your rubbish, silly replies, don't forget to report my post for not agreeing with your spout of venom.
    Last edited by sircaw; 2021-05-09 at 12:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here you go bud,

Left-wing newspapers? In the UK? The guardian? What reality do you life in?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    Left-wing newspapers? In the UK? The guardian? What reality do you life in?
    You don't think the Guardian is left-wing?

Next you will be telling me that Owen jones is far-right, just stop, thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't think the Guardian is left-wing?

Next you will be telling me that Owen jones is far-right, just stop, thanks
    Indeed I don't, if they help the blairites and tories bury Corbyn with false claims of antisemitism, then it becomes pretty obvious where they stand.
    Whats next, Starmer is actually left-wing and not a blairite/tory lite?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    Indeed I don't, if they help the blairites and tories bury Corbyn with false claims of antisemitism, then it becomes pretty obvious where they stand.
    Whats next, Starmer is actually left-wing and not a blairite/tory lite?
    even the wiki page says it

The paper's readership is generally on the mainstream left of British political opinion,[10][11] and its reputation as a platform for social liberal and left-wing editorial has led to the use of the "Guardian reader" and "Guardianista" as often-pejorative epithets for those of left-leaning or "politically correct"T

Once again, just stop. You were wrong. I have no idea why you would try to argue that point, its basically known by everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    even the wiki page says it

The paper's readership is generally on the mainstream left of British political opinion,[10][11] and its reputation as a platform for social liberal and left-wing editorial has led to the use of the "Guardian reader" and "Guardianista" as often-pejorative epithets for those of left-leaning or "politically correct"T

Once again, just stop. You were wrong. I have no idea why you would try to argue that point, its basically known by everyone.
    Turns out papers change, who knew. Wiki also still lists labour and various soc dem parties in europe as left-wing, even if they have gotten rid of any of those values long ago.

Yeah, wikipedia is great when it comes to political leanings

A left-wing paper cuddeling up to a right-wing faction in labour and you still believe they are the most left-wing paper in the UK? Fucking lmao. Its beyond obvious those anti-antisemitism claims where bullshit, but you keep on defending them as if they where right.

You liberals really need t stop seeing yourself as left-wing, its getting kinda sad. We are not in 1890 any more.
    Last edited by JohnBrown1917; 2021-05-09 at 12:40 PM.

I mean there's left and then there's the far left. The Guardian is left wing it just metropolitan left wing not communism far left wing.