5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Have I snarked about how Blizz would just be copying FF14 on this thread yet?

I've snarked about it so many times in so many places I've lost track.
    They are already doing it. I mean we are in an alternate dimension come to rescue our friends and defeat a villain who was secretly pulling the strings for eaons. The way to this dimension lise with the huge crystal like tower that was a raid previously and is a throwback to the third installment of the game series. One of the new zones is populated by the fae folk and led by a hot queen.

If this isn't Shadowbringers, I don't know what is. Oh we also have a deep dungeon as well. They just took out the light versus dark theme and will explore it in the next expansion. Granted most likely Endwalker will continue the light versus dark theme as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    100% not happening, but still funny people are making "leaks"

This is basically the summary of this thread from the last two weeks. 100% valid stuff right here. Turalyon denying Anduin the throne? Sure. Not like we talked about this scenario a week ago and now it's a "leak".

Besides of the setting everything for 10.0 in this leak sounds horrible as well.

Oh and it would be ridiculous if we kill / defeat the Jailer in Shadowlands, I mean he is SARGERAS POWER LEVEL!!! SOOOO POWERFUL AND IMPORTANT CHARACTER!!! for one expansion

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    I been fuckin sayin it...

9.2!
    Stuff in Chronicles =/ stuff in game. We maybe have 1/10 of what's written in Chronicles in the game. I already told you (if you're Highlord just renamed, at least you're acting like him) that the Garden of Life stuff is neat and interesting lore for novels or Chronicles, but in the end irrelevant for the game or the player. Could it happen? Sure. Will it happen? Just look at Emerald Nightmare. Degraded to an awful raid although so so so so much lore was behind that.

Edit to further iterate on this: my problems with a Gardens of Life setting in the next content patch is the "out of the blue" character for it. We have like one sentence about Gardens of Life in game. That's hardly hinting at anything. I don't remember one single content patch from the last years that hasn't been heavily teased or implied. Isle of Thunder in 5.2 maybe? I don't remember correctly. Endtime in 4.3? Gardens of Life were mentioned once and they will blow this up and make it an entire content patch? When Nazjatar, Nyalotha and Emerald Nightmare, stuff that was teased for over a decade, was just a content patch as well?
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-05-09 at 08:36 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    The Light has a presence in the vampire zone, at least.
    And many records of Light invasions in the past. And a whisper about Light making a bargain with Death. Etc. etc. etc.

Way more presence than the Legion had in WoD, in fact.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    This is basically the summary of this thread from the last two weeks. 100% valid stuff right here. Turalyon denying Anduin the throne? Sure. Not like we talked about this scenario a week ago and now it's a "leak".

Besides of the setting everything for 10.0 in this leak sounds horrible as well.

Oh and it would be ridiculous if we kill / defeat the Jailer in Shadowlands, I mean he is SARGERAS POWER LEVEL!!! SOOOO POWERFUL AND IMPORTANT CHARACTER!!! for one expansion

- - - Updated - - -

Stuff in Chronicles =/ stuff in game. We maybe have 1/10 of what's written in Chronicles in the game. I already told you (if you're Highlord just renamed, at least you're acting like him) that the Garden of Life stuff is neat and interesting lore for novels or Chronicles, but in the end irrelevant for the game or the player. Could it happen? Sure. Will it happen? Just look at Emerald Nightmare. Degraded to an awful raid although so so so so much lore was behind that.

Edit to further iterate on this: my problems with a Gardens of Life setting in the next content patch is the "out of the blue" character for it. We have like one sentence about Gardens of Life in game. That's hardly hinting at anything. I don't remember one single content patch from the last years that hasn't been heavily teased or implied. Isle of Thunder in 5.2 maybe? I don't remember correctly. Endtime in 4.3? Gardens of Life were mentioned once and they will blow this up and make it an entire content patch? When Nazjatar, Nyalotha and Emerald Nightmare, stuff that was teased for over a decade, was just a content patch as well?
    Isle of Thunder was set up with the level experience in Kun Lai where the Zandalari rezz Lei Shen .

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Isle of Thunder was set up with the level experience in Kun Lai where the Zandalari rezz Lei Shen .
    Thank you for clarifying, I can't remember most things from MoP, unfortunately.

5+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for clarifying, I can't remember most things from MoP, unfortunately.
    At the very least this also supports your point. A x.2 patch won't be something that is not forshadowed ingame.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Have I snarked about how Blizz would just be copying FF14 on this thread yet?

I've snarked about it so many times in so many places I've lost track.
    I never played FF14 so this comment is lost on me.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, thanks for knowing who I am lol. But yeah, I agree with you there, but I also understand that this expac is about the conflict between Life, Death, and Zovaal, and us finishing the WQ and Elune plot with the Gardens of Life (even if it’s just for a questline) will be just fine imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn’t mean we won’t revisit the gardens or not be able to explore more of them, however. I mean, we met the Titans and defeated the Legion in 7.0, doesn’t mean we’re necessarily done with them, however.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    And many records of Light invasions in the past. And a whisper about Light making a bargain with Death. Etc. etc. etc.

Way more presence than the Legion had in WoD, in fact.
    Did you just not play WoD? Or?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    k? Doesn't mean Yrel will be there. If anything, it just means Light and Shadow will fuck each-other, and the other forces up no matter what happens. The Light specifically, since they caught the deception of the Dreadlords (Which imo, was 100% intentional by Denathrius and the Dreadlords lmaooo)
    We don’t have anyone else that exemplifies the extremism of the Light. And they added a profile picture of her along with the rest of the Shadowlands cast. A toddler could put two and two together. Nothing is guaranteed, but the implication is obvious regardless of likelihood.

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    We don’t have anyone else that exemplifies the extremism of the Light. And they added a profile picture of her along with the rest of the Shadowlands cast. A toddler could put two and two together. Nothing is guaranteed, but the implication is obvious regardless of likelihood.
    I would argue that it could easily end up being as simple as Blizzard wanting to have a Draenei avatar, and since none are particularly important at all they might have chosen Yrel as basically the only female Draenei that players know.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I would argue that it could easily end up being as simple as Blizzard wanting to have a Draenei avatar, and since none are particularly important at all they might have chosen Yrel as basically the only female Draenei that players know.
    There was already a Draenei avatar, Velen's. They didn't need to put in another Draenei avatar.

This is not a coincidence.

- - - Updated - - -

My speculation:
    A small raid, either in patch 9.1.5 or 9.2.5, will involve the Light/Void messing with the Shadowlands and build-up 10.0.
    Called it by the way.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

3+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if Bwonsamdi will get a page in the Grimoire of the Shadowlands. He IS important to the trolls
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

7+ Year Old Account
    There was already a Draenei avatar, Velen's. They didn't need to put in another Draenei avatar.

This is not a coincidence.

- - - Updated - - -

Called it by the way.
    They totally had to add a female Draenei avatar, because you know, Velen is a guy. He shouldn't be the only representation for his race ....

#TEAMGIRAFFE

They totally had to add a female Draenei avatar, because you know, Velen is a guy. He shouldn't be the only representation for his race ....
    Oh god the whataboutism here

Yrel was put there to create speculation and to show fans that they haven't forgotten about her.

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    Oh god the whataboutism here

Yrel was put there to create speculation and to show fans that they haven't forgotten about her.
    Wanting a female Draenei avatar and choosing Yrel seeing as she is basically hte only well-known important Draenei is a perfectly legitimate reason.

Also, this isnt Whataboutism, it's regular arguments. Whataboutism is when you try to derail the argument by bringing up something at best only tangentially relevant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    I wonder if Bwonsamdi will get a page in the Grimoire of the Shadowlands. He IS important to the trolls
    I could imagine they will explain a bit on pocket dimensions, and likely how some afterlives are inside other ones. In this case how Bwonsamdi's realm is essentially borrowed from the Winter Queen because of his status as a Loa, or rather Mueh'zala's status as a load.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

5+ Year Old Account
    10 will be Void & Light.

Quote Originally Posted by BB8 View Post
    10 will be Void & Light.
    What was the role / meaning of the Jailer then?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I never played FF14 so this comment is lost on me.
    You are missing out. But the TL;DR is that the latest expansion was about fighting against the light.

What you said makes no sense. Especially when there isn't a portrait for the Male Forsaken or Female Darkspear Troll or Male Void elf etc. etc. etc. representation. They didn't need to add that at all, and yes Velen could perfectly be the only representation of his race.

To serve as generic raid fodder for the 9.0 expansion. Nothing more.

It's pretty telling that the only Jailer fanboy on this forum likes the character only because "he's boundless and super strong!!!"

In other words, he's an utterly worthless and forgettable character who only has "BIG EXPLOSIONS ZOMG!" going on for him.

5+ Year Old Account
    I rarely see the story unfold in a row.
    There seems always to be a chapter in between.