Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    let's say this is real

spamming the president of blizzard with daily emails in an effort to get a game director booted out of his role is just wrong.

at the same time though, it's really fucking concerning to see him shrug off fair criticism from some of the biggest content creators as "inciting anger for self gain" when all of those people have done so fucking much to help the game. you're lying to yourself if you think bellular, preach or asmon don't get crazy numbers even when they aren't being critical. some of their more positive content has pulled in bigger numbers than their rants and it's not like they aren't reasonable or detailed when they criticize things.

edit: kind of hilarious that "jay" brings up the lack of game dev experience these people have implying you need to be a game dev to know you're not having fun. also many people on the original wow dev team had no prior experience with game design, take jeff kapplan for example who ended up being one of the most successful game designers at blizzard.
    Last edited by Claritycraft; 2021-05-10 at 04:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Zack (Asmon) complained about... not having ability to loot dagger/staff/etc. from rare as warrior
    And he is right. Those restrictions being unable to get transmog added to collection if your class can't use those items or primary armor type doesn't match (or even completely unable to loot them) is simply wrong and serves nothing but to pad time played metrics Blizzard uses to please shareholders.
    Last edited by TOM_RUS; 2021-05-10 at 03:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    You don't speak for majority. For me Ion has better knowledge of this game than people like Preach, Asmon and Bellurar combined (and from these only Preach has something constructive to say, but only from mythic raider POV). He is just limited by company, must be nice and cater to whole playerbase.

It's so ridicolous that people are still listen to some guy that just have some 5k-10k-100k audience cause is entertaining person (...for some) like he is some oracle. Between BFA and SL Blizzard bend to some stuff they screamed about like old style loot or return to 0 grind, which both hurts SL cause many casual are pissed.

Do these people are even happy Blizz implemented these changes? NOPE. They just don't talk about things they like, they just pick stuff to shit on Blizz no matter how small is. I literally bursted out laughing when in his video Zack (Asmon) complained about... not having ability to loot dagger/staff/etc. from rare as warrior, all with straight face.

Seriously people, stop listen to clowns.

He helped devs as player with C'thun, got job offer, drive across country leaving potential lawyer career, then worked in WoW team for years with more responsibilities every year.

LeSs ThAn a YoUtUbEr.
    He was a high-end raider who knew that Blizzard had made a mistake. Blizzard listened to him and enlisted him to help fix that mistake. His career as a lawyer is entirely irrelevant to this discussion.

Preach is a high-end raider who knows that Blizzard has made a mistake. He has made a career out of being a high-end raider with a significant following on YouTube. Despite this, Blizzard is saying "shut up we know better!"

Mock the wording like a pompous prick all you want, it wasn't entirely literal, but it made a point.

Quote Originally Posted by Art the Clown View Post
    Both Ion and Brack are a pair of yes men, corporate cocksuckers. They are just doing what their corporate overlords tell them to do. Whatever will make the company the most money.
    gotta say, his responses make me think this is the case. i get saying asmon makes money from causing hate, he has a history of it like the spit campaign he caused over store mounts. preach is not normally negative and only one of his past 7 videos are inherently negative, and bell has never been angry until ion did that interview with preach recently.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Claritycraft View Post
    let's say this is real

spamming the president of blizzard with daily emails in an effort to get a game director booted out of his role is just wrong.

at the same time though, it's really fucking concerning to see him shrug off fair criticism from some of the biggest content creators as "inciting anger for self gain" when all of those people have done so fucking much to help the game. you're lying to yourself if you think bellular, preach or asmon don't getting crazy numbers even when they aren't being critical. some of their more positive content has pulled in bigger numbers than their rants and it's not like they aren't reasonable or detailed when they criticize things.
    well i don't think it is wrong. it is a method for concerned customers to talk to someone and it is used all the time. people go to politicians houses every day to protest policies. this is no different except that i send only one email a day. i'm not being unreasonable and flooding his inbox. once a day is a very polite and fair way to get my point across.

edit: i'm heading to bed now so my responses will stop until i get home tomorrow morning from dropping my dog off for surgery. Like i've said, this is completely real and if you want the chain, just send me a private message with an email and i'll send it. if you don't want to use your main email, you can just make a throw away account.
    Last edited by aceperson; 2021-05-10 at 04:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Are you really surprised that he responded to your pet issues and assumptions with the obvious responses that the community never wants to hear but needs to accept?

Spoiler alert: The game isn't losing subs because it's getting worse or because they're not listening to the community -- it's losing subs because it's over 15 years old and the hardcore install base has grown up and has either burnt out or no longer has the time to play it and the market simply isn't there to continue sustaining those kinds of numbers. 15+ year old games don't maintain subscriber numbers, period. The fact that WoW is still the king of MMOs is a testament to how well-designed and popular it is.

I'm not trying to be a dick here, but you're way off base on your assumptions.
    This is always the most idiotic kind of reply. Your claim is basically that there's no new people coming into the world and that everyone who started playing the game 12-16 years ago is all that's left in the world. If a game is good it will draw in new players from newer demographics, but the game isn't good, so it's losing old subs and not gaining new subs to compensate. Also WoW hasn't been the "king of mmos" in a very long time. FFXIV is significantly more popular and we have analytical information to prove that fact.
    Last edited by Zyky; 2021-05-10 at 04:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakah View Post
    So your screen shot is showing that you sent this same email everyday? If I were JAB, I would have had you perma-banned from all Blizzard games past and future. I am also surprised he replied.

His replies are good and correct. The game isn't designed by the community - never has been/never will be. You get to 'vote' with your dollar.
    I'm sure your email and others posting about each and every similar issue are duly recorded and considered at some level, but you don't get to design the game or bully the employees.

Your assumptions that something as trivial as conduit energy being unpopular with a few thousand users warrants a reorganization is ludicrous.
    Look at Cyberpunk for what a real management failure looks like.

Be happy with the response you got and move on.

But that just my opinion, man....
    While I think the OP is in way over his head here, banning someone because they sent emails is stupid. It would only make Blizzard look bad. When a passionate player emails you over and over, you either ignore or reply.

Doesn't look like it took too much of JAB's time out of his day, anyways.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Sending him an e-mail every day is not "polite and a fair way to get a point across"

Especially when you follow up the charity response he gave you with "You're shit too and need to quit".

What. The. Hell.

Are you seriously harassing the dude daily, with asinine questions, and citing youtubers?

Give it a rest. Seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    If this is real, this is cringe AF.

7+ Year Old Account
    You really need to get a life dude like really what the fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunareste View Post
    If this is real, this is cringe AF.
    And half the folks posting like he's the hero mmo champion deserve

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    Citing YouTubers isn't a good way to go about things. Good answers from Brack if they're real. Blizz has problems, but none of what you grilled Brack for scratches them properly.
    Honestly, I'm rather salty that the possibility of getting a legitimate response from Brack was wasted on nonsense like this. If there were legitimate criticisms which offered more detail, this could have been a helpful moment to connect to an actual higher-up. Instead, as usual, people prefer to parrot YouTubers and streamers rather than offer their own critiques. The game is in a fairly bad state, going off what I know, but I'd say that it's best to present criticism that can actually be addressed rather than nonsensical vagueries.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    gotta say, his responses make me think this is the case. i get saying asmon makes money from causing hate, he has a history of it like the spit campaign he caused over store mounts. preach is not normally negative and only one of his past 7 videos are inherently negative, and bell has never been angry until ion did that interview with preach recently.

- - - Updated - - -

well i don't think it is wrong. it is a method for concerned customers to talk to someone and it is used all the time. people go to politicians houses every day to protest policies. this is no different except that i send only one email a day. i'm not being unreasonable and flooding his inbox. once a day is a very polite and fair way to get my point across.

edit: i'm heading to bed now so my responses will stop until i get home tomorrow morning from dropping my dog off for surgery. Like i've said, this is completely real and if you want the chain, just send me a private message with an email and i'll send it. if you don't want to use your main email, you can just make a throw away account.
    Once a day is entirely not polite. I understand he may recieve emails often, but you are harassing a man who has far better things to do. This game is not his life, which I suppose is where he is different from you. I'm sure he'd rather read emails more worth his attention than waste his time slinging charity responses your way.

Please grow up and develop actual priorities. Furthermore, these streamers are nobodies. They just sit around playing video games with no relation to their internal workings and they have no developing experience, as he said. Their opinions are only as valid as anyone else, and it's best to ensure that you have a clear understanding of the demographic you want to represent. Consequently, using streamers alone is insufficient. Please cite actual sources, or, better yet, consider that feedback is subjective and offer your own suggestions. If you want to critique something, you need to critique it using your own opinions. If you really cannot think for yourself at all, there's plenty of good, specific complaints forwarded by others all over this website. Blizzard's design policy has not been at its peak this expansion, so if you want to criticize something, I'm sure you can think of specific examples to forward using reflections of the fanbase as a whole (or at least the niche of MMO-Champion users) if you read over the critiques of others. I'm honestly disappointed that you responded to Brack in this way, given he was otherwise rather amiable, if a little corporate in his response. If you kept speaking to him, you could have provided a very small, but surely worthwhile, moment of interaction between the fanbase and the developers.

Good will for the dog's surgery, though.
    Last edited by Le Conceptuel; 2021-05-10 at 04:38 AM.

must have been a REALLY slow day at the office to even bother himself with this,all his replies were perfectly fine,dont know what you expected from those rants

also he made an excelent point,ion shouldnt listen to anyone,the devs should make the game they think is good and players can decide if they play it or not,if you want a game to be how you want,get a hired by them or make your own game

also i giggled hard at this basicaly being a karen moment of calling the man's manager to get him fired
    Last edited by deenman; 2021-05-10 at 04:40 AM.

Please click on the down arrow next to the email and take a screenshot

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    This is always the most idiotic kind of reply. Your claim is basically that there's no new people coming into the world and that everyone who started playing the game 12-16 years ago is all that's left in the world. If a game is good it will draw in new players from newer demographics, but the game isn't good, so it's losing old subs and not gaining new subs to compensate. Also WoW hasn't been the "king of mmos" in a very long time. FFXIV is significantly more popular and we have analytical information to prove that fact.
    What analytical info do you have to prove that fact?

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Uh people came in droves to play a 15yo game. A bunch more are coming in a couple of weeks. The direction of the game is bad. The loss of subs is the result.
    nostalgia is a powerful drug,also 90%+left in the first week

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    must have been a REALLY slow day at the office to even bother himself with this,all his replies were perfectly fine,dont know what you expected from those rants

also he made an excelent point,ion shouldnt listen to anyone,the devs should make the game they think is good and players can decide if they play it or not,if you want a game to be how you want,get a hired by them or make your own game

also i giggled hard at this basicaly being a karen moment of calling the man's manager to get him fired
    Oh we all know the only response he would of accepted was "Oh so sorry senpai I didn't know we were ruining the game so much. Tell ya what, I'll fire Ion, remove LFR, and resign RIGHT away"

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    Oh come on Bellular is the king of clickbait and it’s mostly negative clickbait

Sorry, got to call fake on this one, President for Blizzard and he's mail ends with JAB, no reference to he's position in the company or what company he works for other then mail adress.

This is THE most karen thing I’ve read on these forums. He literally went for Ion’s manager. Fucking LOL.

The e-mail is worded like a 16 year old would structure an argument aswell. “He is clearly not suited for...” that’s not an argument, it’s an opinion.

Want to know the difference between how Ion got his job, and this anger tantrum you threw? Ion came with the facts, not plattitudes.