Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Alt leveling alternative grinds

Since world questing is a one time thing that nobody seems to wanna do multiple times on their alts, what other ways, other than grinding the same 3-4 dungeons in each bracket would be good as alternative leveling content?

I can think of a few:
    - Torghast
    - Islands
    - Warfronts
    - Brawls
    - Previous expansion LFR raids

Wondering why this isn't already a thing.

i absolutely love the torghast idea

Maybe MoP Scenarios via Chromie Time? That could be an option.

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    Since world questing is a one time thing that nobody seems to wanna do multiple times on their alts, what other ways, other than grinding the same 3-4 dungeons in each bracket would be good as alternative leveling content?

I can think of a few:
    - Torghast
    - Islands
    - Warfronts
    - Brawls
    - Previous expansion LFR raids

Wondering why this isn't already a thing.
    Ehhh. I liked garrisons/class halls back in old xpacks. But Blizzard decided, that they were "bad" for game. Overall dungeons have always been good for alt leveling. Queues - is the biggest problem there. Not enough incentive to do them, I guess. Torghast? Yeah, it would be nice, if it would have good reward structure. The biggest problem is - Blizzard don't want it to be mandatory beyond crafting legendary, so no valuable rewards there.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Ehhh. I liked garrisons/class halls back in old xpacks. But Blizzard decided, that they were "bad" for game. Overall dungeons have always been good for alt leveling. Queues - is the biggest problem there. Not enough incentive to do them, I guess. Torghast? Yeah, it would be nice, if it would have good reward structure. The biggest problem is - Blizzard don't want it to be mandatory beyond crafting legendary, so no valuable rewards there.
    I think most of these options don't depend on needing a healer/tank, so queues wouldn't be an issue imo. Would be amazing to turn LFR raids from all previous expansion into a solo queue that is scaled to the player's level for alt leveling XP and story, exploration, xmogs...etc all at once, perfect reward choices!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Maybe MoP Scenarios via Chromie Time? That could be an option.
    That would be nice to have too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yeetmyfeet View Post
    i absolutely love the torghast idea
    Esp coz its fresh new content eh, same here!

All of these systems would stop working at cap level, 60, so once at cap, the players would focus on the most current content and every now and then do Time Walking content.

how about the renowned questline

Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    how about the renowned questline
    what's so special about it? not sure why, but questing out in the world isn't something that I feel like wanting to do more than once. Not sure why I cannot be bothered with it, might be the rewards not being worth it, or the world being empty and too big compared to an instance that you know has a start and an end and how long it takes, the rewards, convenience...etc.

what's so special about it? not sure why, but questing out in the world isn't something that I feel like wanting to do more than once. Not sure why I cannot be bothered with it, might be the rewards not being worth it, or the world being empty and too big compared to an instance that you know has a start and an end and how long it takes, the rewards, convenience...etc.
    completing the renowned questline unlocks all the soulbinds and give alot of renowned levels.. you kinda HAVE to do it at some point like it or not.. might aswell get it done while leveling instead of when at max level. unless you also want a way to skip that questline entirely, which i doubt will ever happend

you also get the covenant gear unlocked, while its not amazing, its alot better than the 130-140 trash we otherwise end up with.
    Last edited by mojusk; 2021-05-09 at 08:40 AM.

completing the renowned questline unlocks all the soulbinds and give alot of renowned levels.. you kinda HAVE to do it at some point like it or not.. might aswell get it done while leveling instead of when at max level. unless you also want a way to skip that questline entirely, which i doubt will ever happend

you also get the covenant gear unlocked, while its not amazing, its alot better than the 130-140 trash we otherwise end up with.
    This quest line becomes available at 60...

yes? and i suggest it to be available while leveling.

yes? and i suggest it to be available while leveling.
    Wasn’t clear lol- great suggestion!

I find it ironic you say questing out in the world is something you don't want to do more than once but your username is about a game where questing in the world is 90% of what there is to do.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I find it ironic you say questing out in the world is something you don't want to do more than once but your username is about a game where questing in the world is 90% of what there is to do.
    That’s true, wish retail could somehow keep everything as simple as it was/is in classic (not TBC, just classic).

That’s true, wish retail could somehow keep everything as simple as it was/is in classic (not TBC, just classic).
    what are you asking for? less options?

Would be nice to be able to do Torghast and the renown/covenant campaign while leveling. They already allow you to do M+ and get weekly vaults from it while leveling, so why not allow us to do some of the "setup" you have to do at max level anyway before you get to play the actual game as well?
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    what are you asking for? less options?
    Not against more options. Even I don’t know what I really want and that’s why I am not working at blizzard. It’s not something that can be explained easily either. It’s how you generally feel when after a long and sometime stressful day at work, you wanna do something that doesn’t feel like work.

Not against more options. Even I don’t know what I really want and that’s why I am not working at blizzard. It’s not something that can be explained easily either. It’s how you generally feel when after a long and sometime stressful day at work, you wanna do something that doesn’t feel like work.
    Customers never know what they really want. They just know things they liked in the past.

What you're asking is to change your mindset. There is nothing in WoW you need to do. Most of the problems come from trying to play the game in a way you just don't want to play it. Even if you think you do.

As for alternate leveling gameplay? I second Torghast, but only if you can make a save between floors. Individual runs take too long for leveling content.
    Last edited by Shaetha; 2021-05-10 at 11:42 AM.

Its end game. end game wasnt such a focus in vanilla. The race to end game has made leveling feel awful, its the chore before you do real progression.
    If i had a say i would simply give players valor points while leveling that they could use to purchase gear at max level. Have a max level cap or allow players to spend them to gain levels. Point is if players didnt feel like they were missing out by leveling they wouldnt feel the need to rush it so fucking hard.
    Im currently leveling up a second priest and im honestly just rushing it because the current content is breezy and its time wasted that i could use to gear up on relevant content.

vanilla was literally just leveling but the beauty of it was that leveling was the content, it wasnt the chore before what comes next, you played through the story because your goal was the golden question mark, not your ilvl for raid entry requirements.

These problems though arent blizzards fault for the most part, its a problem with the community. The community invented recount, the community invented gearscore, the community invented questhelper. Those are things players cannot live without now and it changed the game dramatically. before recount gameplay was a bunch of noobs using their abilities sub optimally and goofing through shit. after recount players had to pump the numbers and optimize. Before gearscore players would group together and try do content without paying much attention, after gearscore there was a convenient number that represented a players potential.

I think the only way to fix leveling is to make leveling end game content. Why not? why segregate both parts of the game? why not give players some resource to buy end game gear so that they have intermediate goals before hitting max?

Being able to farm max level stuff while leveling would be nice. Stygia, Soul ash, renown, Valor... There's no reason why those systems are locked behind level 60 right now. Let me level in Torghast!

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    That leveling was the content, it wasnt the chore before what comes next.
    Leveling stops being the content after you do it once no matter what. The only way to attempt to make it fresh again is to reset everyone, and even then it has limited effect.