Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Real or not, the comments here are funny to read.
    it's real and i agree that some of the comments are laughable. is this unironic trolling? i didn't make this thread to troll anyone but i am getting tons of troll messages.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    from the email i doubt he is in any management related position, be it simply team leader or higher
    From the email, I'd be surprised if he is employed.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Or...

People can still play yet point out the obvious flaws of the game?

- - - Updated - - -

My biggest question is if this is real, or fabricated. I'm down to assume it's real, but I don't know. If it is fabricated, the person at least got Brack's BS corporate text to speech lines down.
    i did actually email brack, as well as bobby and activisions lead communications director. i've only gotten a response from brack so far. apparently there is some method to verify that this is real but i have no clue what it is so i'd need help to figure that out.

In any case, Ion is not going to keep his current position for long, just like everyone else before him. Most likely he will be moved to an unannounced project at some point in the next two to three years.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrys View Post
    From the email, I'd be surprised if he is employed.
    oh i wouldnt, i have to rely on email communication a lot in work and ive seen worse, i think my "top" is email i received that literaly asked if i can help the guy with an issue and that was it, and due to timezones he had to wait whole day for answer if i help him, without me even knowing what to help with...

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    Would you have shared this email if it didn't contain phrases denouncing 3 popular influencers?
    Is this yet another attempt to start drama and get nothing productive done in the process?
    i absolutely would have actually. the reason i am sharing this is because of the poor answers he gave. not because he insulted some people i happen to like. i mostly included asmongold, bell, and preach in the email as notable figures of the community who share my opinion. no one is infallible or perfect. i even admitted in the email that asmongold has a somewhat toxic nature with a very toxic fanbase. but i guess that bit just goes over the heads of people.

7+ Year Old Account
    You asked for a man to lose his job because you don't like a video game. What is wrong with you dude?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    Being able to tell that you don't like the food doesn't mean that it's objectively bad or that you know exactly what went wrong or how to improve it. My point here is - we, as players, have the authority to speak about how the game feels to us, but having people who never even tried modding something, let alone developed a triple-A game, put forth bold statements about game design is just silly.
    Exactly. People being able to discern if food was to their liking or not doesn't mean they know how to cook it themselves. People are making demands and imposing on how to design the game and their managerial decisions. The correct analogy is that someone disliked their steak, and despite having never cooked steak themselves or have the skills to do it, they're imposing on the chef their input on how to specifically cook it or demanding that the chef be fired/demoted.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    That you would go through this entire thread and still feel righteous is baffling to me. To repeatedly badger "Ion's manager" and ask for him to be demoted is the most Karen thing I've ever seen in WoW. You have no insight into their development.

You're disregarding negative responses as "hate" so I can't expect much introspection. But I'd suggest you consider these demands in any other context, and if they still feel right to you. If an entitled Karen at a Wall Mart is pissed the store isn't catering to her own preferences or the preferences of her favorite "influencers", and demands that the employees careers be put in jeopardy (fired or demoted), instead of just leaving the store and shopping somewhere else, does that feel righteous and legitimate to you?
    first, you are right that i have no insights into the development at blizzard. that doesn't mean i don't have insight on the game as it is. two completely different things. second, i'm not disregarding all differing opinions as hate. that's just a stupid view that i wish democrats and republicans and many other idiotic groups would stop with. healthy conversation and criticism is good. that's why i've responded to some of the negative comments. specifically those who don't blindly call me a karen or some other nonsense.

- - - Updated - - -

peak in last decade (that we know of) is 10m, so if we take this information (which hasnt been confirmed officialy, so we dont even know if its actualy genuine) as a face value, we know SL around launch had roughly 10m

so where did he get they had 13m at start of SL and have 6m now? bcs that is what he claimed and i wanted source on...
    i don't know. people spout BS all the time. i try to work with facts. sometimes i get them wrong and get corrected but i'm not responsible for what other people say.

- - - Updated - - -

sorry, no, its based on personal feelings and "youtubers said", no factual evidence at all...
    30% MAU loss over 3 years begs to differ.

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    So for those who didn't see my email campaign thread before it was locked, I tried to start an email campaign by giving the emails of activision and blizzard higher-ups. What I wasn't expecting was to actually get an answer. I'm not particularly impressed by Brack's answers. But I thought I would share our conversation and see what the general populace thinks.

Initial Email

Brack's response

My response

Your email, and your posts here - are both childish and embarrassing. Holy shit your emails cringe-worthy rubbish to read. They come across like they were written by a 12yo kid who thinks hes being smart and trying to start a revolution to overthrow WoW leadership.... lol.
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2021-05-10 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CataclismicSunrise View Post
    Please do not speak for me in such an embarrassing manner. I don't know anything about these YouTube people or what their opinions are, and I certainly do not share them. Wholly and entirely embarrassing.
    never said i spoke on your behalf. i speak for myself only and used notable community figures that share my opinion (as well as most of their fanbase) to support my claims.

i don't know. people spout BS all the time. i try to work with facts. sometimes i get them wrong and get corrected but i'm not responsible for what other people say.
    then dont provide "source" if you have no clue what you react to...

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    In any case, Ion is not going to keep his current position for long, just like everyone else before him. Most likely he will be moved to an unannounced project at some point in the next two to three years.
    Also it is very likely that before 2022 many of us and the YouTubers in question will be moving on to some other game and all this drama will be forgotten.

30% MAU loss over 3 years begs to differ.
    do you know how much of that is wow related? wow might be 50% up and you wouldnt know, so no, you did not privde evidence about wow at all...

if you truly are in manager possition i am baffled that you would not see that huge difference in "ALL blizzard games lost 30% players" and "retail WOW lost 30% players"...

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Right, but you somehow think that just because you take time to word things properly as you state your opinions that they should carry ANY weight. Look, you’re entitled to voice your opinions. When they’re well thought out and phrased people should take the time to read them. Does that mean they need to start reorganizing their entire enterprise because some rando thinks they should? Nope. Even if it’s 5000 randos who were fired up by bad takes on youtube. You read it, acknowledge it. And then move past their horrible takes like “he’s a shitty manager, make him a lower tier manager.”
    that's perfectly fine. brack is the president and i'm not. i simply did what i could as a consumer to express my dissatisfaction. whether brack listens or not is on him. the thing i'm concerned about is how he brushed off all feedback, not just mine.

Quote Originally Posted by TickTickTick View Post
    What I find funny is that people like you think the game should be exactly like the players want it to be.
    I will never understand this mentality. Why shouldn't a game be what its players want it to be? Or at least aspire to that ideal, given the realities of development?

then dont provide "source" if you have no clue what you react to...
    you questioned me about another persons claim. think about that for a second please. maybe you'll realize where you goofed.

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    I will never understand this mentality. Why shouldn't a game be what its players want it to be? Or at least aspire to that ideal, given the realities of development?
    Because players, for the most part, make for terrible game designers.
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2021-05-10 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Did... Did you just email a man's boss to get him removed from his position because you don't like the game, and used some Youtube influencers as "proof" of his lack of ability?

Dude, no.
    It's a gamer karen move for sure.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

do you know how much of that is wow related? wow might be 50% up and you wouldnt know, so no, you did not privde evidence about wow at all...

if you truly are in manager possition i am baffled that you would not see that huge difference in "ALL blizzard games lost 30% players" and "retail WOW lost 30% players"...
    we do know from a superdata article (https://tagn.wordpress.com/2021/02/2...al-in-january/ this has the link in it but it's possible website is down for maintenance and this article has pictures) that shadowlands lost 40% of it's users in the 2 months following SL release. so at least we can tell that shadowlands isn't up. doesn't mean the numbers are down, we know it isn't in the positive.