I reckon an english team is gonna win the champions league this year

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I reckon an english team is gonna win the champions league this year
    You're so funny Bobby x

EPL is garbage.

3/4 European finalists are English. Man it sucks having a garbage league.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should have been 4/4. Arsenal did everything but score yesterday.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Legit wish the Super League had happened. I can't believe fans simped so hard for UEFA/FIFA. The same organisation that okay'd world cups in Qatar and Russia and suspended a Romanian referee for saying a word in Romanian that sounds like an offensive word in English.

All my homies boycott UEFA and watch Champions League for free.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    EPL is garbage.

3/4 European finalists are English. Man it sucks having a garbage league.
    EPL is not garbage. But if this is your argument then let me point out that in Europa League, since 2010 we had:

- Spanish teams winning 6 times

And for UCL:

They won 12 UCL and Europa League out of 20 in the last 10 years. So yeah, whenever someone says EPL is better it's just... lol.

Maybe it's more fun to watch because the big teams shit the bed and lose to fucking Smokedham United, but it sure as hell isn't a better quality football league.

Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    Legit wish the Super League had happened. I can't believe fans simped so hard for UEFA/FIFA. The same organisation that okay'd world cups in Qatar and Russia and suspended a Romanian referee for saying a word in Romanian that sounds like an offensive word in English.

All my homies boycott UEFA and watch Champions League for free.

- - - Updated - - -

EPL is not garbage. But if this is your argument then let me point out that in Europa League, since 2010 we had:

And for UCL:

They won 12 UCL and Europa League out of 20 in the last 10 years. So yeah, whenever someone says EPL is better it's just... lol.

Maybe it's more fun to watch because the big teams shit the bed and lose to fucking Smokedham United, but it sure as hell isn't a better quality football league.
    No one simped for UEFA/FIFA.

They just dont want grass roots level footy destroyed.

What is the pathway to top flight football when the top dogs have automatic success and money and can just in house bred with their academies like some sort of incestral royalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    You think if it was all peaceful and quiet, kept at arms length you'd even hear about the protest?

You don't seem to understand the scales involved here - even if every fan in Manchester stopped buying shirts, or even season tickets, that would amount to a few hundred thousand amongst the several million outside and abroad who simply aren't privy to knowing what's going on, and even if they are just don't care.

The finances are such that sponsorship deals make up the the vast bulk of financing.

I haven't bought a shirt for a couple of years, but I would still go to matches, and will continue to do so when we're able to again, and I wear my green and gold scarf when I do.

If you want collective action, honestly it needs to come from across football to get the legislation in place to prevent the Glazers from doing what they do. It wasn't legal in this country when they did it, but it was in the US, and clubs all need protecting from it.
    So what was wrong with going on the pitch, demonstrating and cancelling the game without any violence? Keep doing that at every opportunity, home and away. The team will start getting points deducted, it will start having a negative image, sponsors and broadcasters won't be happy, our games will start getting off the TV schedule because they won't be happening and the stock of the team will fall. I fully agree you need "extreme" action to get this done, all I am saying is that you can do that without violence towards other people. And, as importantly, you need patience and to act with a long-term plan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    So what was wrong with going on the pitch, demonstrating and cancelling the game without any violence?
    Absolutely nothing, but I will add that we don't know the circumstances of the violence beyond a couple of cops apparently getting hurt - one from getting in a fight with a guy with a broken bottle; something that I think is a nightly occurrence for GMP officers. The vast majority of reports say it was largely peaceful and any violence was very isolated. It wasn't the riot and running street battles the Daily Mail want you to think it was.

chelsea robbing city, i bet city spank them in the champs final tho

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    chelsea robbing city, i bet city spank them in the champs final tho
    They robbed themselves with that Panenka pen.

On current form, we win it. Just hope we stay fit.

Tuchel is a genius. What an incredible 6 months.
    Amazing week to be a Chelsea fan. Been on Cloud 9 since Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby B View Post

I think the final can be quite thight, but with City the favourites. Heading into that game the City players will have more pressure on them than the Chelsea players, which can help you. Tuchel has indeed done an amazing job.

Quote Originally Posted by Henx View Post
    I think the final can be quite thight, but with City the favourites. Heading into that game the City players will have more pressure on them than the Chelsea players, which can help you. Tuchel has indeed done an amazing job.
    saw another team decided not to mark lewandowski again

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    saw another team decided not to mark lewandowski again
    It's not possible Gladbach has been shite since it got announced their coach will go to Dortmund next season, quite the bummer actually since they were playing really well earlier, even won against Bayern. Lewa got 39 goals in 27, that's insane. Only 2 goals to break Gerd Müllers "unbreakable" record for most goals in a BL season. His second was a cracker, and he played surprisingly unselfish in the game considering the title was already won.

Regarding winning 9 titles in a row. This season Bayern struggled but usually that won't get any attention. If Leipzig had not messed up two games after their loss to Bayern they would have been only 2 points behind (before this matchday), and if they would have won against Bayern they would have lead the league (Lepzig should arguably have won that game). Bayern's upper hand in the league is evident, but I feel like if the other teams would not mess it up themselves in some way, it could be much tighter. Not too long ago Dortmund blew a 7 point lead, and 2019 Bayern won at the last matchday with only 2 points to second point, that was a great game to watch!

10+ Year Old Account
    If you'd offered me a comfortable top 4 (probably second) and a final I'd have bitten your hand off.

Ole is not going to win the league but maybe he can keep us up there until a more competent manager comes along.

Tuchel is a top top coach. PSG are just an awfully run club, so what he achieved there even was a miracle.

Greenwood is such a talent. hopefully he can live up to his potential

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners

I'm predicting a Ziyech winning goal in the final. The guy always shows up to contribute in top fixtures.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    I'm predicting a Ziyech winning goal in the final. The guy always shows up to contribute in top fixtures.
    Don't think he'll start.
    Mount and Pulisic have those positions down.

Think we'll be going Werner, Havertz and Mount next season though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Juventus being threatened to be kicked out of Serie A unless they withdraw from the ESL. This surely has been an eventful year so far...

Oh, and Cavani has signed an extension for another year. All in all good news I think, he's playing well at the moment and I think his experience can benefit the younger players. As I said before, nice to see the nr 7 shirt curse seems to have been lifted.

Really looking forward to both the CL and EL finals, even if the season in general has been tainted by the pandemic. Definitely can't wait for it to be over so fans can return to games and create some sort of atmosphere.

not suprised united havent been playing donny, in the games ive watched him in he sucked. complete non entity, perfect spurs player.