Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WoW Classic Auction House to Temporarily Close on May 14, Dark Legacy Comics #771

WoW Classic Auction House to Temporarily Close on May 14
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    In order to prepare our game service to be ready for both the upgrade to The Burning Crusade Classic and the availability of Classic Era realms on May 18, we will close the Auction Houses on all WoW Classic realms at 10:00 a.m. PDT (1:00 p.m. EDT) on Friday, May 14.

We expect Auction Houses to become available again when the game service resumes following maintenance on May 18.

We advise WoW Classic players to refrain from posting new auctions shortly before the closure, as it will not be possible for other players to access the AH thereafter, and deposit fees cannot be refunded.

Thank you for your understanding.

Dark Legacy Comics #771
    DLC #771 has been released!

Last edited by Lumy; 2021-05-10 at 06:08 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Isn't that DLC like "super old"?

I remember seeing it quite a while ago.

typical dlc is typical, i didnt know temporarily closing the ah was actually a thing

Inb4 ppl complain about how their life depends on the ah and how they wont be able to breathe without it for a day.

Based douche, valuing his time, focused on his goals

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    Inb4 ppl complain about how their life depends on the ah and how they wont be able to breathe without it for a day.
    rofl thats actually 4 days not "a day" and that's a long ass time to close a major part of the game lol

the most u can even post an auction for is 24 hours why would u need to close it longer than that lol

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post

I am not sure if this is intended, but they always share the latest one a bit late.

Quote Originally Posted by bornlol View Post
    rofl thats actually 4 days not "a day" and that's a long ass time to close a major part of the game lol

the most u can even post an auction for is 24 hours why would u need to close it longer than that lol
    because you need 24 hrs to ensure all auctions are expired and goods in mail to posters and then you need the time to actually do the behind the scenes work to create separate ah's on new classic servers and "new" tbc servers, test functionality etc....it's pretty obvious why you would need more than 24 hrs...and once you get it up and working you have to ensure that a dumb ass that is going to a new classic server doesn't start posting auctions on the current ah that will be transitioning to a tbc server and then crying about losing his auction goods on the 18th when the servers switch
    Last edited by Sensa1; 2021-05-10 at 07:25 PM.

3+ Year Old Account

Maybe, but that looks like Bastion in the background. So it's at least a few years old if it is
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Maybe, but that looks like Bastion in the background. So it's at least a few years old if it is
    The item levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    You know what I do for my groups! I make sure I choose the lowest ilvl - No way would I ever use filthy RIO or ILVL, HAH -PeopleOnTheForums

Also, if you invite people with names like douche, you probably get what you deserve

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post

Also, if you invite people with names like douche, you probably get what you deserve
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Yea, it's a bit over a week old now.

I guess shutting down the AH makes sense, but boy oh boy is 5/18 going to be undercutting hell with literally everyone trying to repost.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    i didnt know temporarily closing the ah was actually a thing
    It usually isn't, but with the 'copy every character in the realm' for their classic era\move to tbc choice, any lingering mats on mail or ah could have issues, hence they close it down a few days so everything is tagged to a character, and not on AH limbo or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Shyning View Post
    Based douche, valuing his time, focused on his goals
    The comments on the dlc site are hilarious

10+ Year Old Account
    Where's the joke, DLC?

Super old not really. But it is 9 days old yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember when we used to just do a dungeon? And there was only one version of it to conquer?

Mythic+ really sucks the soul out of the game, IMO. Challenges are nice, but at some point it's nice to just have a max level of the dungeon that you can outgear. Constantly climbing is not fun, especially when the game breaks at higher levels. Everyone's on edge, super sweaty. Where's the fun? Where the connections being formed? When you you get to crack a joke?

I had way more fun in Classic dungeons than any version of M+. I'd rather goof off farming SGC 100 more times on my broken ret pally than do another M+.

Quote Originally Posted by roboscorcher View Post
    but at some point it's nice to just have a max level of the dungeon that you can outgear.
    So... Normal, heroic and mythic0?

You can have exactly that if you want. But others have a choice of pursuing higher difficulty. It's a win-win, yet here you are claiming it sucks the soul out of the game, and that's absolutely absurd.