7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    What was the role / meaning of the Jailer then?
    You can also ask what was the role of Sarg sword sticking out of the planet. The bleeding has been stopped, the thing is forgotten, for now. IF we get something very different in 10.0, it doesn't mean current story will be competently abandoned.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-05-09 at 07:01 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Wow lore is un-salvageable at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    You can also ask what was the role of Sarg sword sticking out of the planet. The bleeding has been stopped, the thing is forgotten, for now. IF we get something very different in 10.0, it doesn't mean current story will be competently abandoned.
    The sword is an almost literal macguffin, it's a giant easy to understand apocalypse in the form of an inanimate object.
    The Jailer conversely is a "living" character that is supposed to have an understandable agenda and goal. The Jailer is secondly being touted as the man behind the man of the Lich King and Sylvanas, two of the most iconic villains the game has. The fact that such an important character is introduced with little buildup, is almost inexcusable were it not for the fact that we know so extremely little of him even now that he has ben introduced.

I have mentioned before with the Jailer, but it isnt even a case of him being mysterious with a hidden backstory. We know almost nothing about what he is doing even now. Where is he escaping to? Was he the leader of the old pantheon of death or just another covenant leader? Is his plan catastrophic for just the Shadowlands or for us as well? Is this a plan that relies on constant outside help, or is it just recently that Denathrius helped him directly? Has he exerted direct control over the LK, or was it just suggestions?

We know so little about the Jailer, and going by the PTR we still won't know more except that he is supposedly more dangerous by the end. We could of course have a sizeable amount of exposition dumped on us anytime, but this isnt just any old bit villain, this is supposedly one of the most impactful villains of the game. And despite that he was just recently even introduced as a concept.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I have mentioned before with the Jailer, but it isnt even a case of him being mysterious with a hidden backstory. We know almost nothing about what he is doing even now. Where is he escaping to? Was he the leader of the old pantheon of death or just another covenant leader? Is his plan catastrophic for just the Shadowlands or for us as well? Is this a plan that relies on constant outside help, or is it just recently that Denathrius helped him directly? Has he exerted direct control over the LK, or was it just suggestions?
    I think the worst part here is that even after helping the winter bitch and the useless snorchon neither of them will tell is why he was imprisoned in the first place. You only get vague stuff and are expected to keep helping them, despite both of 'em witholding crucial information. I want a fucking detailed briefing who we are fighting, what he did, what he could be after and how we can prevent that. This is especially painfull if you are part of these 2 covenants, the maldraxxi and venthyr at least have an excuse here, but certainly not the kyrians and night fae.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mr2t View Post
    Also this.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I think the worst part here is that even after helping the winter bitch and the useless snorchon neither of them will tell is why he was imprisoned in the first place. You only get vague stuff and are expected to keep helping them, despite both of 'em witholding crucial information. I want a fucking detailed briefing who we are fighting, what he did, what he could be after and how we can prevent that. This is especially painfull if you are part of these 2 covenants, the maldraxxi and venthyr at least have an excuse here, but certainly not the kyrians and night fae.

- - - Updated - - -

Also this.
    I feel like a better constructed plot would have each covenant give a piece of the puzzle as to what the Jailer is about, leaving the player to need all 4 stories for the full picture.

Something like Necrolord being told what his plans actually are short term. Or Venthyr being told how he managed to break free.

Something tangible to let players know the first thing about the Jailer. As is we don't even know how the Maw was actually supposed to function, whether souls were just left there or if the Jailer had some control over them or anything at all really. Are his minions subjugated souls or automatons? Were they always in Torghadt or did the Jailer bring them there?
    We really have no good way of knowing.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Except its not,

Cause pulling it out much like any wound would cause more problems then help.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I feel like a better constructed plot would have each covenant give a piece of the puzzle as to what the Jailer is about, leaving the player to need all 4 stories for the full picture.

Something like Necrolord being told what his plans actually are short term. Or Venthyr being told how he managed to break free.

Something tangible to let players know the first thing about the Jailer. As is we don't even know how the Maw was actually supposed to function, whether souls were just left there or if the Jailer had some control over them or anything at all really. Are his minions subjugated souls or automatons? Were they always in Torghadt or did the Jailer bring them there?
    We really have no good way of knowing.
    This sounds really good, but it's too good for Blizzard's writing team it seems.

What's the most funny part about the introduction and the utter failure of the Jailer as a supervillain is not only his missing build up, it's the fact that he'll be irrelevant after Shadowlands. I don't know any villain (or expansion endboss) who has less build up than the Jailer. The entire storytelling surrounding the Jailer has just massively failed and I have no idea how Blizzard will fix this mess.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I'm free to speculate and present as truth whatever I want. If you disagree with me that's fine, but you don't have the right to tell me that I can't speculate about N'Zoth.

So Yeah, N'Zoth is obviously still active.
    You're free to do whatever you want. But others are free to say "chill out, you're presenting your fanfic as canon truths" too.

- - - Updated - - -

If you've genuinely got nothing better to do in your free time then sure, go ahead.
    He did. And so will I. It's weird.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Except its not,

Cause pulling it out much like any wound would cause more problems then help.
    As much as I hate the story right now, I'll have to agree with you. Everything that happened in BFA went from point A, to point B, and right back to point A again. It's almost as if nothing ever happened after UC burned.

Kul'tiras is.. still the same as we found it. Zandalar built itself back up only for it to be in shambles once again. Azshara came out from hiding and unveiled her plans, then back to hiding with veiled plans. N'zoth broke out of prison and went immediately back to prison. Nyalotha is still something that never happened. There's still a sword in Azeroth.

All back to point B so that it may be revisited once again, but hopefully by anybody but Danuser.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kul'tiras is.. still the same as we found it.
    Ashvane isn't leading it, nor is it hating on Jaina and such, its united and doesn't have an Old God worshipping cult in Stormsong. The Kul'Tirian fleet was found and whole it has been diminished it isn't just "Vanished" Zandalar has a new leader and while it has been damaged it doesn't have to deal with an abberation like G'huun(Thanks Titans) or Zul to be a schemy traitor. Azshara is free to do whatever she wants and not be chained to N'zoth. Speaking of

He got free from his prison which went as he wanted, and while he was defeated and or "dead". Xalatath isn't in the dagger anymore and she's elsewhere possibly in the Void and that dagger disappeared strangely enough. Nyalotha still happened, it just didn't merge with Azeroth creating this weird "insane" reality. Also Sylvanas is no longer the warchief of the Horde, she's kinda enemy #1 right now and we know where that leads. Oh and Saurfang is dead(Via Sylvanas). Sargeras sword is still stuck in the sword yes but it will be relevant again, something big like that isn't forgotten. If it was Blizz wouldn't of mentioned it in an early interview of SL(When it was first announced).

A lot has changed.

Edit: Forgot to add Teldrassil is burnt and well not a place to live, Nelves are kinda in this place of no home or at least a capital city/HQ to live in. Same with the Undercity and the Forsaken.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2021-05-10 at 03:06 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I love Anduin's new voice, it's even scarier than Arthas, I like how the power of dominance gives an echo effect.

Well, Arthas never really had the echo cause while he was gifted the power of Domination, he himself wasn't influenced by the Jailer's might, hence why he didn't get the Jailer's echo until he became the LK. Anduin has the echo cause he's literally the Avatar of Zovaal, the same way Sargeras tried to make Illidan his second Avatar or some shit like that.

Think of the LK like the Avatar of Sargeras, but with Domination and Death magics instead, and...well...not really obeying its creator (Unlike the Avatar of Sargeras, which was controlled by Sargeras, whereas Zovaal tried being more manipulative lol)

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh little moon we missed you <3
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

The fact that the Zappy Troll meme has a unique model while Vereesa still looks like a generic ranger is criminal.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Dem implications though O.o

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that the Zappy Troll meme has a unique model while Vereesa still looks like a generic ranger is criminal.

Or the fact that Vereesa is a void (get it?) of any worthwhile character development and personality that she doesn't warrant a unique model. And lamenting over her screwed up family non-stop isn't a personality trait.

It must suck to have roles in not 1 but 2 novels, a comic, a minor yet significant role in 'Legion' but even before that she has been in-game and yet still be so insignificant of a character.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2021-05-10 at 08:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Or the fact that Vereesa is a void (get it?) of any worthwhile character development and personality that she doesn't warrant a unique model. And lamenting over her screwed up family non-stop isn't a personality trait.

It must suck to have roles in not 1 but 2 novels, a comic, a minor yet significant role in 'Legion' but even before that she has been in-game and yet still be so insignificant of a character.
    She did have more roles than Lor'Themar/Liadrin/Halduron/Liadrin (pick a leader of your choice). Deal with it and bow before your High elven queen.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

Hah. Look at her sulking infront of a spirit healer.

What a wimp.

Always has been.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Always has been.
    Too bad its not, its not in a shitty position.

Warrior-Magi

Murozond is alive! He pulled an Eobard Thawn and what we killed in the End Time dungeon was not the real Murozond. He wants to unmake time itself so he can avert his own fate. He also fears Azeroth waking up. "When she rises, the timeless one will tremble."