Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    Ofc you do. Anyone that so adamantly states that the game "has nothing to show for" is in fact being a hater.
    Oh. Well, that settles it then. If you're in my head, I suggest you start paying me rent.

I'm kidding. You don't get to decide for me what I like and dislike because you disagree with my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Its seems your not in touch with reality.
    You do realize everyone is questioning the reality you believe you are in, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    The video of the Mercury Star Runner showed him shooting at small and medium sized ships. Nothing bigger than a Constellation, which you can already take down with a small ship.

The only ships with cargo bays that 1. are big enough for the tank to fit in, and 2. can open the doors while in space the tank can shoot out of mid flight are the Carrack (forward cargo bay), the Mercury Star Runner (forward/back cargo bay), the Starfarer (rear cargo bay), and... am I forgetting any ship? That gives you an extremely limited firing view. Basically a subpar turret. If you have manpower to spare to have someone man a tank, you would be better served having that person fly another ship around. Unless the tank can crack Hammerhead shields, that is.

A "tank as an additional turret" idea might have held more water if you could load it in the top hangar of the 890 Jump and push the hangar deck up, thus giving the tank a huge firing arc, but there is no way to load a ground vehicle into the front hangar normally so it'd be really inconvenient trying to get the tank into it, and you're really wasting the huge space of the top hangar of the 890 by not using it for more ships.
    The Tank in that footage is in the new Hercules cargo ship:

It's cannon currently has more firepower than any ship weapon with 26k+ dmg which can one shot many ships and almost 2 shot a connie.

- https://www.erkul.games/ptu

It will certainly be tuned along the way as they balance things out.

It's conventional use is ground combat, "space" combat is just player ingenuity and testing the possibilities.
    I'm sure someone will find a way to put multiple of them on top of the 890 deck with pastrana jumps.

Vs Talon: https://www.twitch.tv/captainberks/c...-Vyl2LLCqsZOyo

Vs Constellation: https://www.twitch.tv/der_kuma/clip/...sGonKvQK_kjHcs

Vs Mercury: https://www.twitch.tv/carlosdrs/clip...bOLV2ZULMeDIV3
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2021-05-11 at 02:47 AM.

It's premature to try and predict "Bengal Killing" meta at this stage.
    9 years later and it's still too premature to try and predict anything...

You couldn't make this up.

I wonder how big the Retribution and the Vanduul basestars/motherships are compared to the Bengals. I sorta doubt those ships will appear outside of the singleplayer campaign, though ($5 says the Retribution gets blown up during the story or pulls a Pegasus and rams into a Vanduul basestar/mothership).

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, found a size comparison.

- - - Updated - - -

So the Retribution seems to be about the size of your average space station in Star Citizen (unless CIG retcons the size of the Retribution, which they seem to have a tendency to do with large ships. The 890 Jump, Idris, and Javelin were retconned to be way larger than what they were initially pitched as).

The Retribution is so big that there is no way it could have been built on a planet and then launched from atmosphere. It would have had to have been built either in space... or over a gas giant. So I guess there is hope that we might see one under construction at Orison's shipyards over Crusader, but IIRC Orison doesn't do UEE ship contracts.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2021-05-11 at 06:00 AM.

The whole defining aspect of a stretch goal is to push something to be greater than it was, it has nothing to do with meeting a funding goal of having enough money to create a project, the company never once stated that they obtained all the money they needed or claimed how much anything would cost to make.

Its seems your not in touch with reality.
    Sure, it is all arbitrary numbers to you and we simply should view them as... some kind of pretty pictures. K'ay then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

The quality of the game is the highest priority so if a feature needs time to do right they will not have a problem in accommodate that into their development.
    I'm glad that you build imagenery world for yourself and happy to live in it

The only purpose of a stretch goal is to raise more money

You make them sound worse than anyone else in this thread, jfc.

Its very clear your unable to support anything you say with anything of substance, you do realise you need to play a game in order to find out if it is actually interesting or not and 100 hours is barely nothing especially since in a space game most of that is wasted travelling, many games are at least fun for a while but since ED lacks any sort of depth it loses interest very quickly as is proven by the limited playerbase that it has left even after a new update.
    All this, is an opinion, which you attempt (very poorly, I might add) to present as a fact.

You're invested in SC, we get that and no one here is trying to change your opinion. No one cares about your opinion. We're merely rectifying your claims, which are all subjective.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    You do realize everyone is questioning the reality you believe you are in, right?
    I'm not. Kenn's reality is whatever CiG put in their press releases. Minus any form of dates, Kenn has problems with numbers it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    Kenn must have me on ignore or something. He requested that someone do this for ED, and they did, and he ignored it completely. Sir, what do you think about the list of things that ED provides that SC does not?

This is a terrible argument made in very bad faith. You're flat out lying. Literally just making things up. This is simple. In one game you can interact with thousands of other players at once. In the other, you can interact with at absolute maximum fifty. One of these is an MMO. The other is not.
    Kenn always ignores rational, objective observations and questions that force him to back-up his claims.

Most arguments he presents are based on lies or fantasies. When people present proof that exposes his blatant lies he covers his ears and shouts 'lalalalala' (see the 50 player performance and server meshing discussion).
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2021-05-11 at 09:38 AM.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    9 years later and it's still too premature to try and predict anything...

You couldn't make this up.
    Some features take more time than others. We know the ships have to be modelled inside out along with everything that it entails. If it was only an empty shell it would take considerably less time to pull off but that's not good enough.

After all, it's a still too premature to try and predict how walking around interiors, boarding ships or EVA will affect PVP in Elite Dangerous despite being announced years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I wonder how big the Retribution and the Vanduul basestars/motherships are compared to the Bengals. I sorta doubt those ships will appear outside of the singleplayer campaign, though ($5 says the Retribution gets blown up during the story or pulls a Pegasus and rams into a Vanduul basestar/mothership).

So the Retribution seems to be about the size of your average space station in Star Citizen (unless CIG retcons the size of the Retribution, which they seem to have a tendency to do with large ships. The 890 Jump, Idris, and Javelin were retconned to be way larger than what they were initially pitched as).

The Retribution is so big that there is no way it could have been built on a planet and then launched from atmosphere. It would have had to have been built either in space... or over a gas giant. So I guess there is hope that we might see one under construction at Orison's shipyards over Crusader, but IIRC Orison doesn't do UEE ship contracts.
    It is indeed massive and I too think it's mainly a SQ42 ship. But if they can put huge space stations in Star Citizen I see no reason why they wouldn't put a Retribution, even if only for set dressing.

As per Lore these big ships are made in the city of Orison above the clouds of the gas cloud planet Crusader, which is the next in line to be added in the next updates.

The server meshing stuff is really weird though and basically the whole game will depend on it and if it doesn't work, there will be no alternative to make it playable properly as an MMO. Or rather, they have to ditch so much shit that the game will become rather generic and you'd ask yourself "20 years for this...?" (because it won't release in the next 5-7 years either way) if you aren't already asking yourself that.

This whole "ICache" thing (to the extend that they plan to implement it) that is required for that to work seems so unrealistic in a game enviroment like that.
    "The player doesn't need this asset right now, so it will stay inside the cache and remains hidden" - I don't trust that shit one bit and I bet you'll have random shit popping in and out like you'd play on low draw-distance.

It would be really cool if it works though
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-05-11 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    The server meshing stuff is really weird though and basically the whole game will depend on it and if it doesn't work, there will be no alternative to make it playable properly as an MMO. Or rather, they have to ditch so much shit that the game will become rather generic and you'd ask yourself "20 years for this...?" (because it won't release in the next 5-7 years either way) if you aren't already asking yourself that.

This whole "ICache" thing (to the extend that they plan to implement it) that is required for that to work seems so unrealistic in a game enviroment like that.
    "The player doesn't need this asset right now, so it will stay inside the cache and remains hidden" - I don't trust that shit one bit and I bet you'll have random shit popping in and out like you'd play on low draw-distance.

It would be really cool if it works though
    Nah, they could always go back to their initial plan of separating the map loads between servers by using different instances for different areas like most mmo's do.

That was the plan until late 2014 as shown in that years Citizencon demo @1:35:

You'd point to a planet, contact to land and the game would take over and they would teleport you to a separate game area to land. Stitching all of it with a "seamless" trick blur effect or something of that sorts.

What happened was that in 2015 a lot of the main CryEngine original engineers left Crytek due to unpaid wages and joined CIG.

CIG build a studio in Frankfurt specially to accommodate them (where they were already based) and that's when they changed from instanced areas and small landable areas to fully procedural planets and huge seamless map approach.

This reseted a lot of their old plans for both Star Citizen & Squadron 42 and explains the delays and why many perceive the real development starting around that time. It was only in late 2015 that the persistent universe came online with the 2.0 patch and around that time also that they announced the seamless procedural planetary bodies.

Some might say that they wasted years with this decision but for me they gained them because the games longevity increased exponentially by the sheer fact that being able to freely approach a fully rendered planet as one likes doesn't get old as fast as it would if one had to go through a loading screen into a small restricted area. And that's not even going into how it opens up new gameplay options territory.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2021-05-11 at 10:53 AM.

Nah, they could always go back to their initial plan of separating the map loads between servers by using different instances for different areas like most mmo's do.

Yes and then half the features they want to implement wouldn't work.
    Or performance tanks to rock-bottom.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-05-11 at 10:56 AM.

Yes and then half the features they want to implement wouldn't work.
    And performance tanks.
    What features wouldn't work? And why would separating the load with instancing tank performance?

What features wouldn't work? And why would separating the load with instancing tank performance?
    sorry, "ICache" is tied to it. Not Server-Meshing.
    Server-Meshing is just tied to "ICache".

What I'm saying is for example: how are objects supposed to not depsawn after X seconds/minutes without this "ICache"-thingy unless they are looking for servers to crash every few hours. Same thing with physical containers and stuff like that.
    Salvaging too.

It's also what would make it possible for FPS/MMO/Spacecombat to exist and happen at the same time because it takes so much load away from basically everything.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-05-11 at 12:43 PM.

I can understand how people out of the loop might think that missing "estimate" dates as mismanaging but that's not the case when keeping said dates is not the main priority. Which as been the stance of CR since the community opened their wallets to him as if he was Jesus Dev.
    If you have a project manager who sets dates based on the known work load, work flow and progress and then continually miss those dates, that's horrible project management.

Whether the entire project is being "mismanaged" is up for debate, but the fact is that continually setting dates or time frames and then missing them means the person setting and publishing those dates isn't very good at their job.

sorry, "ICache" is tied to it. Not Server-Meshing.
    Server-Meshing is just tied to "ICache".

What I'm saying is for example: how are objects supposed to not depsawn after X seconds/minutes without this "ICache"-thingy unless they are looking for servers to crash every few hours. Same thing with physical containers and stuff like that.
    Salvaging too.

It's also what would make it possible for FPS/MMO/Spacecombat to exist and happen at the same time because it takes so much load away from basically everything.
    Well if they went for the traditional MMO approach with instancing areas into smaller ones they would just find ways lore wise or game wise to clean up stuff after a while and probably needing to divide the servers between regions while having a more strict limitation on player cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    If you have a project manager who sets dates based on the known work load, work flow and progress and then continually miss those dates, that's horrible project management.

Whether the entire project is being "mismanaged" is up for debate, but the fact is that continually setting dates or time frames and then missing them means the person setting and publishing those dates isn't very good at their job.
    A project manager can try to set dates all he wants but if the technology hasn't been done yet he has no way to accurately predict how long it will take.

So while he can still do best estimates in a company in which the core focus is to develop the technology that will allow them to make the game they want that they will not compromise that for the sake of keeping a "best guess estimate".

Nova Tank by Morphologis:
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2021-05-11 at 02:48 PM.

Well if they went for the traditional MMO approach with instancing areas into smaller ones they would just find ways lore wise or game wise to clean up stuff after a while and probably needing to divide the servers between regions while having a more strict limitation on player cap.

The thing is, the game becomes another "traditional MMO" that way.