Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    People really will find anything to complain about. First world problems indeed.
    time for you to move on then or whats so "first world problem" about a website on gaming in general? gl, hf & cu!
    Last edited by Magneto; 2021-05-11 at 08:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    We all know the answer to the question "Should". But, I'm curious if anyone thinks that they'll actually push Outland back to sometime like the end of June so there's more time for Pre-Patch fun and time for people to level their Shaman and Paladins.
    I don’t want another Shadowlands situation.. was kinda embarrasing to re-book the weeks off.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    They should not have placed such an early TBC start in the first place, but now that it's done they also should not change it.
    I don´t see the difference, really.

Also, given that tomorrow there will be launch tests on the beta, the clearly will not

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    They won't. Do you think they forgot to consider leveling shamans and paladins?
    They did - Blood Elfs are by far the most popular Horde race, if we don't let them boost it - people will have to sub for few more months before they max out!
    BfA, SL and TBC clearly reeks of "let's waste time" with no good reason other than MAU.
    What's the reason for Maw to have conduit upgrades for your off-specs when you only want your main spec? It literally triples your time in the maw because of pure RNG.
    What was the reason for Rotation of corruption vendor? Not even mentioning whole thing before we had a vendor. If you said to someone "name me a game which locks massive power bonuses behind RNG where player has no control" they would given you a damn mobile game title.

And the whole 35$ thing for people to keep their character in the game version they love and also continue to evolve it in the next game version is so disappointing from a company what I just don't want to have anything to do with Blizzard and I never cared about classic myself. It's just a massive middle finger to their community. I mean 10$ - sure, 35$ for all characters bundle - sure, A SINGLE CHARACTER? WHAT THE F$£$

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    People really will find anything to complain about. First world problems indeed.
    More like World First problems.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    They did - Blood Elfs are by far the most popular Horde race, if we don't let them boost it - people will have to sub for few more months before they max out!
    BfA, SL and TBC clearly reeks of "let's waste time" with no good reason other than MAU.
    Isn't that logic bendover backwards?

Think about it: Blizzard does not allow you to purchase the boost (40 Bucks i might add) because they rather have you as MAU for a longer time?
    If that were true, then that means actual profit is less valueable to Blizzard than MAU's.

I have a lot of gripes with modern Blizzard, but looking at the time it takes to level a character in Classic / TBC and call it a practice to push MAU's is just silly, it's simply a part of the how the game was designed, not to push some modern metric that didn't even exist back then.

That's like saying that Classic / TBC should have every piece of content available at the start, so everybody can finish it quickly and quit - staggering content is obviously just to push subs & Mau's, right?
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-05-11 at 09:01 AM.

We all know the answer to the question "Should". But, I'm curious if anyone thinks that they'll actually push Outland back to sometime like the end of June so there's more time for Pre-Patch fun and time for people to level their Shaman and Paladins.
    Why would they? The only reason game companies delay launch of games is if they feel the game isnt ready. They announced BC launch last week, bearly a month in advance. At that point they know the game is ready.

Its not like BC is going to be over in a few months, its going to be relevant for a few years. More than enough time to get your Paladin and/or Shaman to 70.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    What's the reason for Maw to have conduit upgrades for your off-specs when you only want your main spec? It literally triples your time in the maw because of pure RNG.
    What was the reason for Rotation of corruption vendor? Not even mentioning whole thing before we had a vendor. If you said to someone "name me a game which locks massive power bonuses behind RNG where player has no control" they would given you a damn mobile game title.

And the whole 35$ thing for people to keep their character in the game version they love and also continue to evolve it in the next game version is so disappointing from a company what I just don't want to have anything to do with Blizzard and I never cared about classic myself. It's just a massive middle finger to their community. I mean 10$ - sure, 35$ for all characters bundle - sure, A SINGLE CHARACTER? WHAT THE F$£$
    You probably dont need to level a Paladin or Shaman right away, unless its going to be your main. soon enough they will open for infinite boosts and the option to boost Draenei & Blood Elfs. Its the natural step here. Sadly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    TBC is for the people that want to play TBC. Having a longer prepatch doesn't make sense if you want to play TBC, and two weeks is more than enough for anyone that is serious enough for it to matter if they finish leveling before it releases.

- - - Updated - - -

If you're not cutting edge it literally doesn't matter if you're behind. Delaying a game millions could play to allow hundreds to catch up is not making a decision for the players.
    Indeed. People complained about classic being boring, wanting BC quickly and talked about BC as something separate from classic. Now that BC is coming, suddenly people dont have time to get ready? People who want to be ready for BC, are ready now. Leveling your paladin or shaman is not a big deal really. You wont miss out on a whole lot, BC is going to be around for a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    No they won't. They desperately need those subs and shop revenue to save Q2 since 9.1 will not kick in before Q3.

Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    No they won't. 1 June isn't about "Is this time good for players?" it's about - how do we keep subscription numbers up for the end of Q2 due to the delays and massive issues with 9.1.

The cutting edge players will get to 60 on Shamans/Paladins with not much issue. We've been looking into how to help our guildies who make the transition. I expect play time of around 60 hours will get you there which is tough but do-able in 2 weeks.
    only 60 hours? i expected about 100 hours and tried to set this into a timeplan 60 hours is totally doable (with alot of boosting)

Idk man blizzard is bonkers nowadays so who knows, they just might even if it seems oit of this world

15+ Year Old Account
    For what purpose? There's no real balancing etc to do. Most of it is bug solving and stress testing the servers.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Why would they? Because players on WoW Classic are complaining that 2 weeks pre-patch is not enough time to get ready?

I would be in the boat of why should they and my reason would be to build more hype/market launch more.
    imo they shouldnt even have any time to level a belf/draeni

They should do it, at least to mid June, but they won't do it.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    I don´t see the difference, really.

Also, given that tomorrow there will be launch tests on the beta, the clearly will not
    You don't see the difference between giving the prepatch that can be experienced once and also had cost development time more time in the first place, and on the other hand not moving an already announced release date that people now plan around?

you have the entire expansion to level your shamans and paladins. the purpose of the pre-patch isn't for people to turbo-grind a new class/race up to level 60.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Pretty much this. Wasn't the whole point of Classic to get away from the 'grind' and 'rush' of retail and to just sit back and enjoy the journey?

You people make me laugh.
    Some people play for the end-game.

Why?

Original TBC prepatch literally did not allow you to play either BE or Draenai.

Guilds will wait for players to level up if they are good. All the top guilds back than waited.

So, because the OP can't level a character in 2 weeks but feels like they are entitled to it, the entire expansion for everyone needs to be delayed?

How fucking delusional are you?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    The other reason Blizzard won't move the launch date is because of competition from other game companies launching titles in the same timeframe. This isn't a new strategy either as Blizzard, in recent years, has timed updates to go along side such games as FFXIV etc.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

Back in the days we didn't even get a pre-patch that allowed us to level the new races to 60 before release. So stop whining.