10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smash Adams View Post
    I Care Alot. 1/10

This is a two hour Netflix disaster. Nonsensical plot held together by paper clips. The entire movie hinges on the idea that absolutely every character save two are just dogshit at their jobs. The acting sucks(Dinklage playing the least convincing Russian ever). The single line bright spot was the soundtrack, but even that felt out of place.

By far one of the worst movies I’ve watched in a long while, it makes Mortal Kombat seem like an Oscar contender.
    Holy crap, I just finished this as well. Twinsies?

I Care A Lot: 1/10 A despicable person scams the wrong nobody, but everything works out for them, and they learn nothing, because everyone is stupid.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

I honesty cant remember the last time i finished a movie i would have rated a 1/10. Have some self respect and do something better with your time.

Id give MK 8/10. It is a flawed move but its better than the original and was very entertaining. It dosen't remotely deserve the hate it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    Holy crap, I just finished this as well. Twinsies?

I Care A Lot: 1/10 A despicable person scams the wrong nobody, but everything works out for them, and they learn nothing, because everyone is stupid.
    Ended up watching it because the girl had heard good things about it(and from what I’ve seen, people did in fact enjoy it which blows my mind). I knew within the first fifteen minutes that it was going to be brutal, but stuck it out just to see how far off the rails it would go.

The entire ending was just wild to me. It got shot as though they truly expected audiences to feel for them. But that has to be part of the joke. There is no way they filmed this movie and thought that by the end the audience is going to be rooting for these horrible people.

Also, Mortal Kombat 7/10.

The bar was low going in but I was entertained for two hours. All these complaints about it but honestly, what did anyone expect? It’s Mortal Kombat. It was never going to be a masterpiece. It was far better than Annihilation and that’s really all it needed to be.

I think the ending is supposed to give you satisfaction in knowing she got what she deserved. I found the same kind of enjoyment in it as I did when Joffery in GoT was poisoned, or that other dude got eten by his own dogs. I liked the movie, not becuase i liked the characters, or could simpithize with them, but becuase it wasn't the same boring predictable rehash.

The Mitchells vs The Machines 9/10
    Just a very funny, heartfelt tale of a dysfunctional family saving us from the Robopocalypse.
    It has great animation and fun for all ages.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

The last movie I saw was Godzilla vs Kong and i would rate it 8/10 for epic monsters fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smash Adams View Post
    Ended up watching it because the girl had heard good things about it(and from what I’ve seen, people did in fact enjoy it which blows my mind). I knew within the first fifteen minutes that it was going to be brutal, but stuck it out just to see how far off the rails it would go.

The entire ending was just wild to me. It got shot as though they truly expected audiences to feel for them. But that has to be part of the joke. There is no way they filmed this movie and thought that by the end the audience is going to be rooting for these horrible people.
    Yeah, the movie was billed as a black comedy, but I must've been in a mood, because I couldn't find anything funny about someone screwing over old people, learning no lessons except how to be worse, and when they finally faced some comeuppance, it wasn't very satisfying.

Ingrid Goes West: 6/10 Sad, uncomfortable, and pathetic, but I guess that was the point. The cast is good. Their solid performances made me want to hug and choke the characters. Mostly choke. And post it on Instagram. Like a whore. Point deducted for praising the Schumacher Batman films. RIP.

I Think We're Alone now: 7/10 A dude quietly enjoys the post-apocalypse, until a chick ruins it. I liked the score, the two leads, and the first two-thirds of the movie. It was absorbing and really draws you in, but the ending didn't really do anything for me.

I watched Wonderwomen 1984 and I would rate it 7/10 because of not fulfilling the actions performance.

Saint Maud 9/10

I have to give this high marks because the writing is very good, especially for a horror movie. The characters, the dialogue and the overall plot are all intelligently written with clear purpose. It also has little sympathy for its protagonist, which is always nice. The conclusion is fine, and probably the most evil part of the whole movie. Some will find this boring, some will be offended, but it's good.

1+ Year Old Account
    The last movie I watched was Alien. I would rate it 8/10.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tom Clancy's Without Remorse - 7/10 - Solid film. Michael B Jordan does a great job as usual. Didn't have like a super lasting impact on me, but I was entertained.

Men in Black: International - 6/10 - Not nearly as good as the original and pretty basic and predictable but an overall decent time.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Godzilla vs Kong: 8/10 came for monster fights, got minimal human bullshit, had fun watching monkey punch lizard.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

15+ Year Old Account
    I've actually seen a couple of decent movies recently, which is odd!

The Lie (2018) 7/10

The Vast of Night (2019) 9/10

I'm Your Woman (2020) 8/10
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

I watched Nobody recently, I didn't have much info going into it but I thought it was great 8/10.

10+ Year Old Account
    Moral Kombat and Without Remorse - 6/10 - I would not call either movie bad or a time waster, just not enough to make me every want to watch them again. Have some free time for some 'turn your brain off and chill" entertainment? These are good movies to pop in.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Mortal Kombat: I kept my expectations low so that any surprises would be good ones. But I still didn't really get any surprises. Some good fight scenes and fatalities...but not much more than that. 6/10. Given a choice between them...I'd take the original Mortal Kombat film...which also isn't very good...but it's more fun.

But at least the new one was better than MK: Annihilation.

The Hitcher (1986)

I think the last time I watched this it was on VHS. Holds up surprisingly well for a film of its age. Far better than other films of the same age I've revisited recently.

7/10

Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    The sheer contrast between your review and that of critical and aggregate audience review is pretty funny. I don't have an issue with what you are saying, it's just amusing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Saint Maud 9/10

I have to give this high marks because the writing is very good, especially for a horror movie. The characters, the dialogue and the overall plot are all intelligently written with clear purpose. It also has little sympathy for its protagonist, which is always nice. The conclusion is fine, and probably the most evil part of the whole movie. Some will find this boring, some will be offended, but it's good.
    This is my top film of the year so far. I fucking loved it.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2021-05-11 at 02:40 PM.

Unforgiven - 6/10 (fine), borderline 7/10 (good-ish?)

Overall decent movie but the messaging is very hypocritical. For 90% of the film's runtime, the film is saying "only naive idiots worship violence and people who have personally known it have the wisdom to live and let live and not try to perpetuate a cycle of revenge. The best move is not to play at all." But then the ending is about the glorification of Clint Eastwood killing people in cold blood, including sheriffs and deputies who were just doing their jobs, and the prostitutes smile at Clint as he rides off into the night... for murdering innocent law enforcement officers (yes, the sheriff was a dick but he wasn't the one perpetuating the problem here) and murdering a 100% innocent boy (seriously, WTF you put a hit out on the guy who didn't wrong you, and even went out of his way to try to give you money? Each of those ponies was worth at least 2 months of pay. He gave you 6 ponies when he was only ordered to give you 5. He gave you literally every pony he owned, a whole year's salary! That was extremely generous of him). If anyone deserved to die in this movie, it was Clint and the prostitutes. I was rooting for the sheriff and the deputies to win, and I don't think that was an intended audience reaction.

And it's not just the hypocrisy. The final act is just a real downgrade in quality. You have a really cringey dialogue exchanges between Clint Eastwood and the kid and the prostitute, and then during the final shootout, you have more cringey Hollywood one liners from Clint that are very jarring given how the movie was trying to be very grounded and anti-violence. And the final shooutout was also very immersion breaking: Clint has a double barrel shotgun aimed at the sheriff, while 6 deputies have their guns aimed at Clint. Clint can only get off two shots before he dies. Given the realist tone of the movie for the last 2 hours, there is no way this can end with a hollywood cliche of the deputies having stormtrooper aim and Clint killing them all. And yet he does. After he fires his double barrel shotgun, the deputies inexplicably wait for Clint to drop the shotgun and draw his pistol. The deputies have stormtrooper aim and miss Clint (despite him only being 15 feet away) but Clint shoots all of the deputies. Really, once Clint fired his two shotgun shots, he should've died having only taken the sheriff down with him. The prostitutes should have been hanged as co-conspirators to murder of innocent men and law enforcement.

I feel like this movie must've changed director and writer during the last 30 minutes. There is really no way to reconcile the empathetic, contemplative and realist tone of the first 1 hr and 30 minutes with the hollywood cliche and awful dialogue of the last 30 minutes.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2021-05-11 at 06:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The sheer contrast between your review and that of critical and aggregate audience review is pretty funny. I don't have an issue with what you are saying, it's just amusing.
    Yeah, it was weird... I struggled to enjoy any part of this movie.

Tales from the Crypt Presents: Bordello of Blood: 4/10 Ah, I remember this series and movie! Hammy acting, boobs, and gore. Heheheh, Corey Feldman and Dennis Miller playing a couple of tough guys. Hilarious.

Tales from the Crypt Presents: Demon Knight: 6/10 Been a while since I watched this. Billy Zane was awesome, and most of the demon designs weren't too bad. Movie was mostly dumb... kinda fun. Bonus point for introducing me to Filter and Gravediggaz back in the day. Ooh, gangsta tomboy Jada Pinkett before the Smith? Noice.