Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by odamienskii View Post
    i told you, you replied with some horsecrap and then told me that none of what i posted applies to you anyway... interesting, thanks for coming

- - - Updated - - -

still none.
    Still none what?

Less than 700 votes in an online poll is less than .001% if you believe the playerbase has 1+ million active subs. Even if the consensus on MMO-C is that its somewhere between bad to average ranking.

I also wouldnt say people who post on fan forums are also average player representation either.

10+ Year Old Account
    AND NO, JOINING A COMMUNITY OR A GUILD SHOULD NOT BE THE ANSWER, YOU SHOULDNT HAVE TO RELY ON HAVING "FRIENDS" TO BE SUCCESSFUL AT THE GAME, IT SHOULD BE DOWN TO HOW GOOD YOU ARE, IF YOU ARE AMAZING THEN THE FRIENDS COME TO YOU, YOU SHOULDNT HAVE TO GO CHASING FRIENDS BECAUSE YOU NEED A HAND THANKS TO BLIZZARD GIMPING YOU, THAT IS CALLED BEING CARRIED! SOME OF US DONT LIKE THAT!
    You seem to have a very deluded view how friends work.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Whys that then?
    A lot of people quit before even reaching lvl 10! That says something to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Even when wow had 12million subs around 88 million accounts had already been made and allowed to lapse.

That said of the 68% who are either meh or dislike the game it's also a fact that no two of them would ever agree on the direction of the game. Get 100 wow players in a room to get the game the way they want, you'll get 200 ideas and none of them would be able to exist in the game at the same time.
    Do you think its coincidence that blizzard stopped sharing data about subs when cata hit and the first clear and obvious slump was visible?

I remember the changes in cata, it wasnt a case of the playerbase getting bored, it was a case of "what the hell is this crap" simplifying the game dumbing everything down, all those players that played back then were happy with the difficulty of the game in the most part, why simplify it?

Think about it like this.

Halo campaign
    2 players playing on easiest difficulty
    player 1) is bored, no sense of achievement
    player 2) enjoys the scenery

2 players playing on hardest difficulty
    player 1) is engaged
    player 2) enjoys the scenery and gets to play and practice how to be better

Do you see the difference? by spoonfeeding, spoonfeeding and spoonfeeding everyone blizzard has disconnected all the players that enjoy a challenge from the game. while the players that enjoy the scenery, the social side, the pet battles, the mount collecting will stay regardless because they arent subbed for the engaging content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Interesting. So it’s 700 people on a random poll that doesn’t even verify that they’ve played or are actually a unique player. Sounds shaky at best. I personally don’t love the current aesthetic and progression systems, but I was giving it a chance as I played a couple hours here and there getting ready for TBC classic. But that’s just, like, my opinion man.
    I know, it could be worse couldnt it, i mean imagine if all the people that actually unsubbed voted on it, be more like 80% dislike would it!

Do you see the difference? by spoonfeeding, spoonfeeding and spoonfeeding everyone blizzard has disconnected all the players that enjoy a challenge from the game. while the players that enjoy the scenery, the social side, the pet battles, the mount collecting will stay regardless because they arent subbed for the engaging content.
    Hm? I thought the biggest query against SL was that SL is more hardcore friendly than casual friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    People who vote on the forums make up less than 1% of the playerbase

FACT.

Your poll means nothing

FACT.
    I know, imagine if all the players that unsubbed voted, be worse wouldnt it. if you have common sense of course, if your just insta defending blizzard then quick get some reply in fast to defend them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I mean, imagine if it was a valid poll you could use as evidence! Wait… you already are. Sorry.
    what class do you play? out of interest

Do you think its coincidence that blizzard stopped sharing data about subs when cata hit and the first clear and obvious slump was visible?

I remember the changes in cata, it wasnt a case of the playerbase getting bored, it was a case of "what the hell is this crap" simplifying the game dumbing everything down, all those players that played back then were happy with the difficulty of the game in the most part, why simplify it?

Think about it like this.

Halo campaign
    2 players playing on easiest difficulty
    player 1) is bored, no sense of achievement
    player 2) enjoys the scenery

2 players playing on hardest difficulty
    player 1) is engaged
    player 2) enjoys the scenery and gets to play and practice how to be better

- - - Updated - - -

I know, it could be worse couldnt it, i mean imagine if all the people that actually unsubbed voted on it, be more like 80% dislike would it!
    WTF you do not remember cata if that is your takeaway from what happened. When in reality what happened was.

People complained about wrath being too easy.
    Blizzard upped the difficulty in Cata
    People complained about it being too hard in the .0 and .1 dungeons
    Ghostcrawler told the community to get good or get lost.
    Players up and left.
    Ghostcrawler had to make an apology
    LFR was added
    Player bleed halted.

That was cataclysm.

As for stop showing sub numbers. The last time they showed the sub numbers the WoD bleed had halted and subs were being stable. Yet no one talks about that part.

WTF you do not remember cata if that is your takeaway from what happened. When in reality what happened was.

Players up and left.
    LFR was added
    Player bleed halted.

That was cataclysm.

As for stop showing sub numbers. The last time they showed the sub numbers the WoD bleed had halted and subs were being stable. Yet no one talks about that part.
    They took out arp
    they took out spirit
    they took out expertese
    they took out hitcap
    they took out haste breakpoints
    they simplified the talent tree

How was cata more difficult? i remember vividly the different feel from wrath (regarded by many as the best expansion) to cata (regarded by many as the worst)

cata felt empty

10+ Year Old Account
    According to the recent poll

32% like the game
    28% in the middle
    40% dislike the game

a larger portion of the player base dislike the game than like it

FACT
    This is a convenience survey with no methodology. Hence, it is unreliable and can not be used as FACT.

FACT.
    Princesses can kill knights to rescue dragons.

They took out arp
    they took out spirit
    they took out expertese
    they took out hitcap
    they took out haste breakpoints
    they simplified the talent tree

How was cata more difficult? i remember vividly the different feel from wrath (regarded by many as the best expansion) to cata (regarded by many as the worst)

cata felt empty
    Simple.

Wrath, chain pull and aoe what you like.
    Cata, needing to use CCs, careful pulling, prior targeting, mobs hitting harder, actually having to interrupt, one error in any heroic dungeon for the first year and you've basically wiped the group. That was cataclysm dungeons and early raids in a nutshell.

Players up and left.
    LFR was added
    Player bleed halted.

That was cataclysm.

People complained about wrath? one of if not the best expansion there was?

Why was it so hard all of a sudden? because everyone was given a handup with skill level because everything was simplified do you think? an individuals ability / commitment to what was a much deeper game suppressed into being the same as the next guy and social standing all of a sudden being more important than actual player ability? sound familiar?

Took out hit cap, arp, expertese, spirt, simplified the talent trees, simplified the rotations, so all the players that were bad at what the game was no longer so far behind the elite players, shrinking the gap.

I mean blizzard has taken the path expansion on expansion simplifying simplifying simplifying untill we got to bfa where the final season if you had a look at your output it would not be surprising to see the gear that you were wearing doing 60+% of your output, i seen many many arenas where i worked it out my own output 65% corruption, essence, trinket, azerite talents.....65% of your toons class played for you. limiting the space which a top player has to shine instead pushing the game into a more social game because everyones good enough now because 65% of your power is supplied by the gear. games a joke compared to what it was.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Karreck View Post
    This is a convenience survey with no methodology. Hence, it is unreliable and can not be used as FACT.

FACT.
    the poll would be worse if all subs voted on it because all the people that didnt vote but unsubbed would obviously vote....bad

While a large portion that still play would still vote.....bad

How do you think that the playerbase might possibly vote more in favour if everyone was considered? its more likely to be worse!

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    I love threads that have the word "FACT" in all capital letters in the title. You can be sure there's gonna be some strongly worded opinions inside.
    and absolutely no facts

Hit cap, expertise, spirit, were still in during Cataclysm. Hell, the reason reforge was in MoP was because people could use the excess hit/expertise into a secondary that actually worked for them. Spirit was in the game until Legion. Rotations in Cataclysm and MoP were far more complex than in Wrath by far. The only thing that was removed in Cata was armour pen. Because simply put it was either too powerful or useless depending on the class.

Actually looking at your posts and asking these questions I am absolutely certain you never played in either Wrath or Cataclysm. Everyone who played back then knew about Ghostcrawler's get good post and his forced crawldown. Everyone knew how much more unforgiving Cataclysm raids and dungeons were compared to Wrath's. These are not unknowns to people from that era. They're part of the wow mythos of the time.

Not at all, im just using my eyes. you should try it.
    That's what Flat Earthers say too. Just saying.

Actually looking at your posts and asking these questions I am absolutely certain you never played in either Wrath or Cataclysm.
    i honestly started to believe he never even played wow in any epansion, or actualy read anything about it...
    ffs he claimed blizz stoped sharing sub numbers in cata...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    That's what Flat Earthers say too. Just saying.
    thats what everyone who have absolutely nothing suggesting he could be right says
    dude uses "poll" with 700 voters and claims its accurate depiction of playerbase that have milions of people, i dont think we have to go further to see he have nothing but his ego to support his "facts"

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    and absolutely no facts
    Wheres the valid points guys? cmon? counter my points with something.....you got me here thinking everything ive said is spot on because not one of you has been able to say a single thing that validly argues against what i said.

plenty of "yOUR oPINION iSNT fACTS" that all you can say to defend your beloved blizzard?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    i honestly started to believe he never even played wow in any epansion, or actualy read anything about it...
    ffs he claimed blizz stoped sharing sub numbers in cata...

- - - Updated - - -

thats what everyone who have absolutely nothing suggesting he could be right says
    dude uses "poll" with 700 voters and claims its accurate depiction of playerbase that have milions of people, i dont think we have to go further to see he have nothing but his ego to support his "facts"
    remember when i made a post about how 50% of the community dislike the game and you tried your best to pick it apart? this was about 4 months ago before the new updated poll.

i was right, you was wrong, lets do it again, its fun.

Wheres the valid points guys? cmon? counter my points with something.....
    cant counter something thats not there...
    you shared your opinionsand claim thats FACTS... how can we counter NOTHING?! bcs thats what you use to argue, absolutely nothing...
    and you shown ZERO knowledge of game and its history (you had no idea about cata HC, claim they stop sharing data during cata etc...)

I know, imagine if all the players that unsubbed voted, be worse wouldnt it. if you have common sense of course, if your just insta defending blizzard then quick get some reply in fast to defend them.
    Actually it would be better. Considering according to blizzards last reports their subs are currently up by 50%.

You are in the minority as is everyone who thinks wow is dying