Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Legion was terrible, i remember the preasure from guildies and the berratings when i got the ”Wrong” legendary while the other of the same class in the guild got the better one.

So barely any good legion memories for me, just stress & anxiety.
    You were raiding with the wrong guild

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Not particularly. The extreme timegating, the reinforcement and doubling down on the borrowed power issue (that people seem to barely care about that it happened in legion but hate in follow-up expansions where it was less invasive), the half-assed "content" like ToV/EN and the joke that was mage tower, suramar, etc.

Meh.

- - - Updated - - -

But you made sure to come to the wow section to let people know you arent playing anymore? Lol
    I guess I just don't get why this is a mark against me, saying this. Like, I explained that I stopped playing because I miss Legion and MoP. It's just my taste. I played from early Vanilla to right up until recently, so I think it is okay if I still post about WoW on a WoW forum I visit. I don't get why it matters to anyone that I stopped playing. I wouldn't have even mentioned it, but I wanted to emphasize how much I missed Legion, which is the topic title. I certainly didn't mention it out of protest or anything, lol. I don't even care that I stopped playing, I don't want them to change the game back, I've moved on. I do miss Legion and MoP though.

As far as what section of the forum I was in, I generally respond to topics in the "Recent Forum Posts" at the top of the homepage, in order to communicate in an active forum discussion. I visit the forums in order to engage in discussions about videogames, and generally like to post in recent or active discussions most of the time.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2021-05-11 at 06:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do miss it, but i wonder if i'd miss it that much if i knew they will remove artifact system as soon exp ends
    i feel cheated when they removed it
    Legion is either 2nd or 3rd most time i played wow ever, after wrath then tbc (or before tbc), more than even classic with all its drama and mop
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    I mean sheer fact that The Maw is what is supposed to be equivalent of Nightfallen campaign as max level end-game zone... Not even talking about how gorgeous Suramar City was.
    Is it? While I agree Maw is shit in compare to Suramar, but blizz never said that it was supposed to be equal to Suramar, in fact, nothing in SL is equal to Suramar, for better or worse
    which show how little effort they doing in SL, still more than BFA imo, BFA they put 99.9% of budget and work in cinematics

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Not particularly. The extreme timegating, the reinforcement and doubling down on the borrowed power issue (that people seem to barely care about that it happened in legion but hate in follow-up expansions where it was less invasive)
    the timegating is something that exist in almost every patch of wow since ever and we complain about it always
    borrowed power was new idea, at least me i didn't expect that Ashbringer will be even worse than vendor trash by BFA, exist just for transmog if i ever want, and all its talent tree system will be like old talent tree, pulled like shit in toilet
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by guldin View Post
    This was the first, for a very long time, that I have started reminiscing about a WoW Expansion.
    No I don't miss 2 hours of mandatory chores per day (world quests, mythic+ runs, etc), shitty questlines about the glorification of Illidan, death knights being the biggest team killers in Warcraft by massacring the paladin class order hall, Suramar lag, or artifact power treadmill.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    a bit, mostly due to mage tower
    Mage tower was the only good thing about Legion and never should have been removed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Never enjoyed Suramar and don't get the hype of it.
    The concept of an entire city as a zone to quest in really cool. I'll give Suramar that it is one of the only three cities in WoW that actually feel like cities (the others being Stormwind and Boralus). But I think Nightborne are incredibly boring. I hate their aesthetics and their lore. And Suramar itself was poorly optimized and ran like crap and was unplayable unless you had a state of the art system or ran the game at minimum settings.

If Suramar had been a Draenei city on Argus, combined with the jaw dropping sky boxes by Philip Zhang where you look up and see the vast city continuing in the distance, I would've loved Suramar a lot more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Legion was terrible, i remember the preasure from guildies and the berratings when i got the ”Wrong” legendary while the other of the same class in the guild got the better one.

So barely any good legion memories for me, just stress & anxiety.
    This. The legendary system being RNG based was shitty considering how important they were to meta builds, which you had to have in order to get into groups for the latest content. Should've had the vendors who you could buy any legendary from implemented right from the start.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Looking back Legion probably did world design the absolute best. Argus is still one of the most stunning zones in the game.
    Suramar and Argus were the only good zones in Legion, the rest were incredibly meh. Legion also suffered from the problem that every zone except Azuna was extremely inconvenient to navigate on foot, and this came at a time when Blizzard were being morons by witholding flying, which could have at least mitigated their poor zone design. Then again, every expansion after MoP has zones that are extremely inconvenient to navigate on foot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Army Dreamer View Post
    Not at all. Same shit as WoD.
    I did less chores in WoD than in Legion, and WoD's zones were overall more interesting. WoD Shadowmoon Valley and Frostfire Ridge are amazing. Spires of Arak was also interesting and Talador was gorgeous.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2021-05-11 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kukkamies View Post
    class halls
    A good idea but botched execution in most cases. Once you finished your class' storyline (which wildly varied in quality depending on which class you were playing), the only thing the order hall was good for was for your daily facebook game chores. Also, lots of immersion breaking stuff like shoving Sunwalker Tauren paladins and Blood Knight Belf paladins... into the Silver Hand's Church. Don't mistake me; the Silver Hand hiding out in the crypts beneath Light's Hope is really cool... but only if you're a Silver Hand player.

Warlocks, Demon Hunters, and Monks got the best ever class halls.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    -Music even if a lot of it was a bit too bombastic at times
    I remember the Legion music being distinctly "meh". Very disappointing coming off of MoP's and WoD's stellar soundtracks. Only tracks I can remember from Legion are Anduin's theme and the scary tense violin music on Argus.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    -Dadghar talking holes in your head.
    I overall hated Legion's writing. I hated the story and the characters. Khadgar's stupid jokes were pretty much the only redeeming factor of the story to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Really feeling my garrison grow in size.
    Yeah that was extremely satisfying and that feeling was lost in the class halls, which remained static from beginning to end.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Falkeshall View Post
    I've absolutely no idea what the mage tower was.
    Challenging singleplayer boss fights. You spend hours and hours wiping, learning the mechanics and changing your talents until at last, you kill the boss and feel the euphoria of having accomplished something. Getting your artifact skin was really satisfying.

Very much. Not only did the art and aesthetics feel like what I've always perceived as World of Warcraft, but it kept feeling new while recognizable. Models like the Venthyr and Kyrian doesn't fit as well in the game, in my opinion. I'll just write Class sets and say no more about that. Also, the Nightborne lore was really cool, everything about this night elf city kept away in a bubble for thousands of years literally making everyone in town a junkie to the nightwell. The legendary RNG didn't even bother me at the time because I did so much mythic+ since it was new and you could track them with legendary progress trackers pretty accurately. More than that though, every class I played had a great flow to it without legendary effects and mage with the Quickening talent that lasted just through Emerald Nightmare was sooo fun. I liked that in the beginning your artifact really felt like a return to old talent trees too. I remember struggling a lot with Mage Tower and when I finally unlocked the appearance it was so fun, I was sure they'd continue with that sort of content. The raids were amazing, especially Nighthold for me, the Star Augur fight and Antorus when you saw Aggramar in the distance. It got me back to adventure mode with these little memories, like what I have of entering WoW in classic. Particular pictures of events at the bridge in STV and so on, Legion gave much of the same with its raids and zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Zakajz View Post
    No, i miss MoP
    This.

• Good writing.
    • Exceptionally well designed zones (especially the Jade Forest, Valley of the Four Winds, Kun-Lai, and Timeless Isle)
    • WoW music at its peak
    • Great class design (particularly Monks, Druids, and Warlocks)
    • PvP was amazing
    • Reputations still had storylines and you looked forward to seeing the next segment of the story.
    • Minimal chores compared to later expansions.

LEGION BEST XMOGS EVER!!!

Seriously, after Legion we never had such beautiful Xmogs again. The artefact weapons are the best so far !! ... And Legion was the last expansion we had CLASS SETS !!
    RIP Legion. I will never forget you...

Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    Cata was a mixed bag. I'm glad they revamped the old zones so we could fly. No flying in the old zones mean nobody would find any reason to go to them. The introduction of LFR was nice as it gave casual players a chance to acquire tier gear without huge time commitments. Sure, it was a lower grade but it still gave a feeling of accomplishment. However, on the flip side, the sense of community started to die down.
    Cata gets a bad rap but it was good. The Deathwing story was meh but it wasn't the main story of the expansion. Most of the quests were about a world in turmoil, about the Horde vs Alliance conflict. Very good. Cata also implemented a lot of QoL features like transmog and LFR. Also had some great zones like the Firelands. Good music.

Quote Originally Posted by Tincjin View Post
    I miss everything pre-BfA, even goddamn WoD...

But yes, while Legion had its 'hiccups' (much like any expansion imo), it was great. Classes felt unique, one of the best designed tier sets, there was an actual effort in the story, even though execution wasn't always the best.
    The bolded part can't be overstated. Every expansion had at least one or two major downsides.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    WoD sucked due to the Garrison's it radically killed WoW going from an MMO to like a single player game with those dumb Garrisons.

People just stayed in thier little Garrison world and didn't venture out much.
    Garrisons weren't the problem. Garrisons served their intended design purpose as being an interlude between questing zones during the leveling experience, and as being a nice place to stop by every now and then during the endgame experience.

The problem was that there was hardly any post-questing content in WoD. You had your apexis dailies... and your raiding... and that's it. There were no reputation storylines to do like in MoP, no beast taming challenges, no ancient relics to go hunting for lore and achievements. Once you dinged level 100, the only thing to do was raid. When you're not raiding, people had to either PvP or do old content. When people aren't doing either of that, people tend to chill in a city like Stormwind. However, rather than chilling in Stormwind, people chilled in their garrisons by themselves because garrisons had minor rewards on a timer. "Nothing to do... oh wait, I can sit by the table and in 15 minutes when my mission ends, get my 200 gold and start another mission!".

Yup. Every expansion since legion has just felt like a bad version of Legion

Legion kind of burned me out, but I think that is because it kept me hooked to the game for extremely long periods of time. Just about everything was great in that expansion except for the legendary system.

I never had as much fun on my warrior as I did in Legion. Suramar was beautiful too. I miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    The bolded part can't be overstated. Every expansion had at least one or two major downsides.
    In my opinion, any expansion will likely have a couple of minor disappointment's, purely because the nature of game design is everything is not going to appeal to everyone, and at least a couple of major bonuses/improvements.

Sadly, the last 2 expansions in particular have been a couple of major disappointment's, with a couple of "meh" features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    In my opinion, any expansion will likely have a couple of minor disappointment's, purely because the nature of game design is everything is not going to appeal to everyone, and at least a couple of major bonuses/improvements.

Sadly, the last 2 expansions in particular have been a couple of major disappointment's, with a couple of "meh" features.
    I mean in hindsight some of the past problems might not be as bad as the recent ones, but even BC back then had some very annoying issues with the raid restructuring which was made worse by karazhan being yet another format and the atunement mill that many guilds were stuck in for the majority of BC. Then we have the obvious class issues, I mean warlocks were literally pressing 2 buttons for the whole exapansion..

At the time these were quite the issues in the community. Though it's certainly nowhere near as bad as awful Azerite gear of run-away corruptions.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-05-11 at 09:10 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

hell no. so much potential ruined by diablo-fying everything

Game was just a reiteration of WOD with better designs as far as content was concerned. Hated Wod despised Legion. Pretty much the philosophy change in WOD made me just throw my hands up and just walk away.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I mean in hindsight some of the past problems might not be as bad as the recent ones, but even BC back then had some very annoying issues with the raid restructuring which was made worse by karazhan being yet another format and the atunement mill that many guilds were stuck in for the majority of BC. Then we have the obvious class issues, I mean warlocks were literally pressing 2 buttons for the whole exapansion..

At the time these were quite the issues in the community. Though it's certainly nowhere near as bad as awful Azerite gear of run-away corruptions.
    Yeah totally agree - like I said there will always be a couple of things that dont mesh well with the community, or parts of the community. The problem as i see it, in a VERY broad sense, is that the balance of good/bad has shifted, with many of the NEW features being extremely underwhelming, with a very negative reception. Island expeditions, warfronts, covenants - just to name a few.

Hindsight does offer a pretty warped reality, no doubt about that, and once again I say I think WoD gets presented in a far too negative light by some people. I know it was not a great expansion for some people, but i do feel SOME of the negativity surrounding it is mostly unfounded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Legion wasn't good, it just happened to land in the middle of even worse expansions..

At this point I'm even missing WoD. For what it was, it had solid raiding with zero bulk, and classes were more fun to play. Also, Garrison Gold shuffle.

I miss Legion's Order Halls, the Mage Tower, the Class mount quests... I do not miss the way my class played. MoP = where my longing resides. And yes, I loved that expansion when it was current.