View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    jersey should join the uk and pay uk taxes if it wants uk protection imo

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Really you support the illegal French response? Let's role reverse for 1 second. What would you say if the British government were threatening to turn the lights out in Germany and blockaded Hamburg?

Would that be acceptable?
    Fair play. Threaten all you like. Fortunately, Germany doesn't get its power from the UK. And your 12NM territorial water zone is about 480 kilometres shy of reaching even near the Elbe river. So I'm afraid I'm very puzzled as to how you'd like to blockade the river, let alone travel upriver about 90 kilometres inland to block the harbor.

Feel free to try, though. Hamburg is used to tourists. You can step off and visit the Reeperbahn, leave some of your money there. Oh wait, you can't... you don't have a visa. Oh crap, that means your blockade really is going to end up in you having to go back after a day or so because your little fishing vessels don't have enough supplies to last the weeklong trip, let alone for a blockade. Btw, how do you intend to blockade a 210,890 GT ship with your little three man fisherboat? Make sure you got a megaphone so they can hear you scream for them to avoid you. Oh and pray that the half kilometer turn radios is fast enough to avoid just running you over without even a scratch on their paint.

My, my, you really didn't think this through, did you?

Come on, threaten us... go nuts. Mr. Dribbles is declaring war on GERMANY. Oh noes! Whatever shall we do. A mad Brexiteer is threatening Germany with invasion! Oh the horror, we are trembling at the mere thought of it!
    Last edited by Slant; 2021-05-08 at 06:40 PM.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really you support the illegal French response? Let's role reverse for 1 second. What would you say if the British government were threatening to turn the lights out in Germany and blockaded Hamburg?

What i support is irrelevant, what is relevant even comical is a region in the UK trying to start a conflict with a nation they are heavily dependant on their good will.

I find it even more amusing when we are talking about what they are bartering for and risk losing, you may be very glad that those in power in France aren't mirror attitudes and behaviour of those in Britain or else one of your regions would have to fall back on alternatives for power.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    jersey should join the uk and pay uk taxes if it wants uk protection imo
    Oh it's an independent region? Didn't know that considering the UK send vessels there.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post

Oh it's an independent region? Didn't know that considering the UK send vessels there.
    they are Crown Dependencies, not part of the UK, same as Isle of Man etc. It all sounds like a problem for the Jersey navy to me not the British navy.

10+ Year Old Account
    they are Crown Dependencies, not part of the UK, same as Isle of Man etc. It all sounds like a problem for the Jersey navy to me not the British navy.
    Oh okay thank you for clearing that up, so these regions can actually decide actions like they did with the fishing rights on themselves without any approval of West minister they got that much independence?
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Oh okay thank you for clearing that up, so these regions can actually decide actions like they did with the fishing rights on themselves without any approval of West minister they got that much independence?
    they are half in, half out. this is a decent link to explain : https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk...-dependencies/

they are half in, half out. this is a decent link to explain : https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk...-dependencies/
    Sounds very British to me... lol
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Sounds very British to me... lol
    they get to undercut the uk on tax and then we pay to protect them, great!

you also have to remember this islands are more inbred than iceland, 'old families' run everything. the police, the local government etc its absolutely feudal. they fucking suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    So in theory the best of both worlds, if you manage to strike a lucky and sensible government on those Isles, which sadly doesn't seem to be the case according to your description, as it's mostly a power structure build on nepotism.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

they get to undercut the uk on tax and then we pay to protect them, great!

you also have to remember this islands are more inbred than iceland, 'old families' run everything. the police, the local government etc its absolutely feudal. they fucking suck.
    I just know Jersey because there was a brief period where you could order ripped movies and CDs from there, cos apparently they're not just feudal and suck, they're also actual, rl pirates.

So in theory the best of both worlds, if you manage to strike a lucky and sensible government on those Isles, which sadly doesn't seem to be the case according to your description, as it's mostly a power structure build on nepotism.
    this is the kind of stuff they are up to (still today) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIMACO
    its a pay to play money laundering service, and if any journalist goes to ask questions they get intimated and shut down by the local clans.
    I think Roman Abramovich has residency there. Its all sorts of corrupt.

also remember they collaborated with the nazis.

- - - Updated - - -

I just know Jersey because there was a brief period where you could order ripped movies and CDs from there, cos apparently they're not just feudal and suck, they're also actual, rl pirates.
    yea it was a tax dodge that crippled local music shops. i think it was called CDWOW or something, they would ship stuff to jersey and then onto the UK to avoid tax and could out compete any of the local shops.

https://www.newstatesman.com/politic...ssing-billions

heres a good story on it

yea it was a tax dodge that crippled local music shops. i think it was called CDWOW or something, they would ship stuff to jersey and then onto the UK to avoid tax and could out compete any of the local shops.

https://www.newstatesman.com/politic...ssing-billions

heres a good story on it
    Hell yeah, it was CDWOW, I remember that! We thought they did that to avoid copyright trials. Cos honestly, those weren't original CDs, they just burned CDs illegally. And apparently nobody on Jersey gave a fuck about copyright. They used to have these silly leaflet catalogues, small booklets with the thinnest paper you could produce.

Well, that would be bad, but that’s because, knowing the British, they would do that in order to get a fresh supply of German children to rape.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Ah, the benefits of Brexit. See, no other countries would import spirits that are literally grown with nuclear apples. And yet, here we are... the UK "free of its shackles" can't wait to do the next stupid thing and import radiation liquor, now that the EU can't tell them to stop doing stupid things... Even the Ukrainians are embarassed and have confiscated the shipment.

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-57011695

Interesting - the label says "made from pples grown region affected by the 1986 Chernobyl accident".

Seems that the fruits have mutated so much that it got a new name!

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Interesting - the label says "made from pples grown region affected by the 1986 Chernobyl accident".

Seems that the fruits have mutated so much that it got a new name!
    The UK is no longer in the EU, quality assurance is no longer necessary, they have the freedom to order whatever shitty product they see fit.

7+ Year Old Account
    The UK is no longer in the EU, quality assurance is no longer necessary, they have the freedom to order whatever shitty product they see fit.
    At least, a brexit benefit, we have quality assurance on the people, having taken back control of our borders, coming into the UK now. Begs the question why are eurochums who must be so desperate forced to these extreme measures if life in the EU is so good?

Europeans driven into hands of cartels as Brexit fuels migrant crisis in America

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...rexit-24080719

How sad
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

15+ Year Old Account
    At least, a brexit benefit, we have quality assurance on the people, having taken back control of our borders, coming into the UK now. Begs the question why are eurochums who must be so desperate forced to these extreme measures if life in the EU is so good?

Europeans driven into hands of cartels as Brexit fuels migrant crisis in America

How sad
    Yeah, that's been going on for years because Romania isn't part of the visa waiver program, somehow now it's because of Brexit. Back in 2017 people from the UK were intercepted, makes you wonder.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

How sad
    Still no actual benefits then dribbles? All you can manage is a story about a problem existing in the EU?

I thought by now we'd have Brexit benefits popping up all around us. Yet despite repeated requests you come up with sweet fuck all. Not a single thing. It's almost like the benefits haven't materialised. Even the soundbites you use on your throwaway alts are just about how Brexit is wonderful, with no detail.

Put up or shut up dribbles. Show us what Brexit has actually given us; tangible benefits, not flouncy comments about "taking back control of borders" and shit like that. Actual benefits. Concrete things you can point to and say "look, that's clearly better".

But you can't, and you won't. Because Brexit at best has been neutral in some small areas, and fucking terrible in most of them. But you'd never admit that because I bet you've never admitted you were wrong in your entire life. People like you never do.

The Covid smokescreen will clear soon enough. And plenty of people will come to the realisation that Brexit has done fuck all for them. Who will you blame then? The people still in this country that aren't the same colour as you? The gays? Which group are you going after next to distract people from the fact you've made their lives worse?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Still no actual benefits then dribbles? All you can manage is a story about a problem existing in the EU?

I thought by now we'd have Brexit benefits popping up all around us. Yet despite repeated requests you come up with sweet fuck all. Not a single thing. It's almost like the benefits haven't materialised. Even the soundbites you use on your throwaway alts are just about how Brexit is wonderful, with no detail.

Put up or shut up dribbles. Show us what Brexit has actually given us; tangible benefits, not flouncy comments about "taking back control of borders" and shit like that. Actual benefits. Concrete things you can point to and say "look, that's clearly better".

But you can't, and you won't. Because Brexit at best has been neutral in some small areas, and fucking terrible in most of them. But you'd never admit that because I bet you've never admitted you were wrong in your entire life. People like you never do.

The Covid smokescreen will clear soon enough. And plenty of people will come to the realisation that Brexit has done fuck all for them. Who will you blame then? The people still in this country that aren't the same colour as you? The gays? Which group are you going after next to distract people from the fact you've made their lives worse?
    That's just weak, when all else fails and you've lost the debate to try to steer the topic towards accusations of brexiteers being racist just because they want to take back control of their borders.

Tell you what, you go low I'll go high, of the 700 plus MEP's how is the ethnic diversity in their make up? Would you say its representative of the EU population? Compare that with the percentage mix and fairness of the UK parliament I dare you. Every EU country is represented by a commissioner, a picture of the commission follows, notice anything missing? Why do the EU parliament and commission, hundreds of governors across the EU, appear so Afrophobic?

If Brexit was about racism then it removed the UK from the governance of supposedly superior white europeans at the top of the EU political tree and began treating all the people of the world equal, blind of colour prejudice, in the absolute. A more inclusive multicultural society outside of the UK in Europe you will not find. It is a model of harmony for the rest of the continent.

That's a major brexit benefit right there and thank you for shining a light on it, got any more for me? Im sure in every paragraph you type at least one can be found...

13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"