Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Imagineif Emerald nighmare or Highmaul lasted for 9+ months.

At least castle nathria is somewhat enjoyable.. but i shiver to think about if we would have had to do highmaul or EN for this long.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

EN was never meant to be a full raid tier and it wasn't (hint: no tier set, just the pieces looking like it). It was a half/entry tier raid like mogushan vaults, with the actual tier just not available right off the bat (though 7.0 was rather short iirc). You are comparing apples to oranges. A more astute comparison would be something like naxxramas (10/25) lasting for 9 months, or Uldir.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    At least castle nathria is somewhat enjoyable.. but i shiver to think about if we would have had to do highmaul or EN for this long.
    Well, in Legion we had ToV released + mega dungeon + A SHITLOAD of other stuff to do. While I agree that that CN is very good first raid, but outside of raids and dungeons SL is lacking, same problem with WoD, raid was cool, dungeons were cool everything else? Well, you could argue quite easily that garrison have more content than Covenants at least until you finished it.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    EN was never meant to be a full raid tier and it wasn't (hint: no tier set, just the pieces looking like it). It was a half/entry tier raid like mogushan vaults, with the actual tier just not available right off the bat (though 7.0 was rather short iirc). You are comparing apples to oranges. A more astute comparison would be something like naxxramas (10/25) lasting for 9 months, or Uldir.
    Same applies to Highmaul. BRF was considered part of the first raid tier and only the testing/tuning was handled during the 6.1 "twitter patch" PTR.

Both EN and Highmaul also only had 7 bosses whereas CN has 10.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Since when does 5 and a half months equal 9+?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    right? and PTR is usualy 2-3months so even if PTR just came out now 9.1 would probably be live before 9months of CN...
    but i guess "we have the same raid for less than 6months" doesnt incite such violent reaction on forum

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Pretty sure people have said that it won’t drop until july at earliest.

So aug is to be expected.

Sauce https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/top...-in-june-2021/
    Last edited by Nalam the Venom; 2021-05-12 at 08:28 AM.

Pretty sure people have said that it won’t drop until july at earliest.

So aug is to be expected.

Sauce https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/top...-in-june-2021/
    The source in that article is a streamer whose source is, "some dude at Blizzard."

Not saying it's wrong. I'm just saying that story isn't a real source.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopsnacker View Post
    It's already leaked in China and it was as expected, 4 weeks after BC launch, June 30th in Europe

And then we are at 7 month, which is 1 month more than the 'normal' patch cycle of 6 months.

Bunch of cryhards fucking everywhere.
    this, its most likely not going to be more than 1 or at worst 2 months later than it "should" be, which given the worldwide situation is not bat at all, but people will cry as if its years late...

Quote Originally Posted by Poopsnacker View Post
    It's already leaked in China and it was as expected, 4 weeks after BC launch, June 30th in Europe
    There is a good reason why Blizzard usually does not announce an official date until a few weeks before launch: because something can go wrong and then they have to postpone it.

Now i'm supposed to believe that Blizzard has a date set in stone 6(!) weeks before its launch?
    Not buying that and if it's actually turns out to be the final date, i'd be worried about the quality, because a late june release reeks off management pushing it so it still releases in June and thus Q2.

This is most likely an internal date, something they're aiming at, whether Blizzard actually meets this mark in the current situation is a totally different story.

If i pretend that SLG didnt exist, then yeah its quite an enjoyable raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    There is a good reason why Blizzard usually does not announce an official date until a few weeks before launch: because something can go wrong and then they have to postpone it.

Now i'm supposed to believe that Blizzard has a date set in stone 6(!) weeks before its launch?
    Not buying that and if it's actually turns out to be the final date, i'd be worried about the quality, because a late june release reeks off management pushing it so it still releases in June and thus Q2.

This is most likely an internal date, something they're aiming at, whether Blizzard actually meets this mark in the current situation is a totally different story.
    we get PTR 14.4., PTR course is usualy 2-3 months, so release could be between 14.6. and 14.7., so date in the middle of that is not really out of ordinary, why do you think it "reeks off management pushing"?

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    why do you think it "reeks off management pushing"?
    It's literally in the post: Because June is the last month of Q2, i wouldn't raise that arguement if it was the 1st / 2nd month of a quarter.

It's literally in the post: Because June is the last month of Q2, i wouldn't raise that arguement if it was the 1st / 2nd month of a quarter.
    but the date seems to be completely in previous lenght of PTR cycle... i would understand the argument if it was way too early or way too late (PTR cycle of less than 2 or more than 4 months) but like this it looks exactly what they ALWAYS aim for...

actualy, since it would be July 1st in asia (china have reset on thursday) it wouldnt even be in Q2... if they wanted to push it there they would have to do it week sooner...

and they already plan to release TBCC in Q2 so if anything they should push 9.1 into Q3 as there will be no new content then...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-05-12 at 09:06 AM.

Most people don't even raid, its the outdoor content that matters which SL is severely lacking. I wouldn't have minded the drought in Legion because I can see all class campaigns, and in BFA I woud have enough time to level allied races. SL only has the covenant campaigns which can be done very quickly in comparison.

Castle Nathria is a much better entry raid than what we were used to at least. But other than gearing up alts in lower difficulties I hardly raid it

but the date seems to be completely in previous lenght of PTR cycle... i would understand the argument if it was way too early or way too late (PTR cycle of less than 2 or more than 4 months) but like this it looks exactly what they ALWAYS aim for...
    Look, if you need PTR cycle slashed in half in order to realize some management is involved into those dates, you're just playing dumb.

They're not idiots but when the option to push it out in June is on the table, you sure as shit know that some people will push for it and i doubt it will be the developers themselves who used to say "when it's done".
    actualy, since it would be July 1st in asia (china have reset on thursday) it wouldnt even be in Q2... if they wanted to push it there they would have to do it week sooner...
    To my knowledge, a lot of asian countries run under a different business model anyway, they're likely going to launch 9.1 with another 6 month sub promotion, which is a massive thing for Blizzard as you pay them for 6 months in advance to boost their current quarters, but since the sub model is prominent in NA / EU, that's where they want to see it in june.

Putting aside that they rather take half a cake into Q2 than nothing, which they would if 9.1 releases a week or two later, there is no rule written in stone that a patch must be released in the current quarter for the entire world.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-05-12 at 09:15 AM.

Look, if you need PTR cycle slashed in half in order to realize some management is involved into those dates, you're just playing dumb.
    ofc management is involved in the decision... is involved in EVERY decision, but saying it reeks of management PUSING it when in fact its in a date that seems likely anyhow due to previous PRTs is just looking for conspiration behind something expected...

its like saying christmas is on 24th bcs shops want to increase their revenue before end of Q4, ignoring that christmas would be on 24th even without any shops involved...

- - - Updated - - -

To my knowledge, a lot of asian countries run under a different business model anyway, they're likely going to launch 9.1 with another 6 month sub promotion, which is a massive thing for Blizzard as you pay them for 6 months in advance to boost their current quarters, but since the sub model is prominent in NA / EU, that's where they want to see it in june.

Putting aside that they rather take half a cake into Q2 than nothing, which they would if 9.1 releases a week or two later, there is no rule written in stone that a patch must be released in the current quarter for the entire world.
    ok so complicated conspiracy theory it is, rather than "huh its 2.5months after PTR release, AS EXPECTED"
    i mean... dont overcomplicate shit just to complain about blizz management, it makes you look bitter...

btw, as an accountant, i cant see manager in blizz deciding "huh we will have TBCC in Q2 so lets push to release retail patch there too so we have NOTHING to release in Q3"... you do know they care about WHOLE YEAR not just Q2, right?
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-05-12 at 09:32 AM.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It has been 5 months.
    4,5 you could argue, if you do not count the first 15 days as most people were still leveling...

9.1 is coming out in July, probably mid/end of it (Because Ashes alpha is coming out in July and it is clear that Blizzard is using releases for numbers counter attacks).

Even if it comes in august, that is 8 months / 8,5.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every major content patch that goes above half a year overstays its welcome. Heck people already get bored 3 months in.

Blizzard really need to sit down and think hard about how they expedite their deliveries - it keeps eventually biting them in the ass every time again.

IMO, they should really consider delivering smaller but more frequent update chunks. Make raids of 8 bosses and new zones smaller, but deliver new ones every 4 months.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2021-05-12 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    It has been 5 months.
    4,5 you could argue, if you do not count the first 15 days as most people were still leveling...

9.1 is coming out in July, probably mid/end of it (Because Ashes alpha is coming out in July and it is clear that Blizzard is using releases for numbers counter attacks).

Even if it comes in august, that is 8 months / 8,5.
    Well, i just heard a comment on a recent asmongolds streams, something a long the lines of "Imagine if you got pregnant at the start of shadowlands, and there were still no 9.1 before you got the baby"

So i did not exactly count the months, i just had that line in my head and based the thread off of that.