Page 64 of 76 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've delved into the crypto rabbit hole. Let me shed some light on what the fuck is going on right now:

1. Dogecoin is almost a decade old pump and dump coin created to poke fun at the entirety of the crypto market. Every now and then it resurfaces, goes to the moon, then crashes down hard. It holds no value, its supply is literally infinite and it can be mined indefinitely. The reason it pumps so hard is memes, internet exposure, and most importantly, Elon Musk tweeting about it (I am 70% sure he holds the #1 value Dogecoin wallet with $15 billion invested in it.)

It will crash and burn and will make many people rope themselves because they will be left holding the bags. There's an off-chance it stabilises, but smart money is already out, that I can guarantee you. It may still go up now, but the risk/reward is definitely not worth it, and people who are chasing pumps when it's too late will get a reality check. It's fun when the pump happens, but 70% of the people WILL lose money on it.

2. The crypto market is still massively undervalued, even if it is above $2 trillion dollar market cap, which is what, less than half a percent of the entire global wealth? There is still insane room for growth, mass adoption, and proper implementation will bring unprecedented positive changes to the worldwide monetary system. Right now, Americans can't even buy most of the top 10 coins.

It is the most important economic discovery since banking. In a way, it's a continuation of it, because we're all banks if we're part of the blockchain as record keepers, supply and transaction controllers.

Every coin has its niche, some are technologically very interesting and bring new economic theories to the table, some use proof of stake, others proof of work, different uses of network nodes that drive costs lower, etc. Bitcoin is actually probably the worst cryptocurrency of them all right now, because other coins have delved a lot deeper and bring vast improvements and solutions.

3. Because of this undervaluing and growth over the past decade, the market is still extremely volatile, but we are slowly reaching maturity. This is evidenced with bitcoin, which is the driving force that moves all crypto, moving less and less parabolic with every bull run. The more parabolic it gets, the bigger chance it crashes. So far, bitcoin has been conservatively linear compared to past bull runs, but that is predicted to change in the coming months. Yes, it will crash again, but this isn't like penny stocks or any other bubble out there, I strongly believe fiat currency will change drastically in the coming decades and crypto will be a major propellent. It will go up again to unprecedented highs after a few years in a bear market.

4. This crypto craze is mainly due to the simple laws of supply and demand. There is a relatively great price predictive model for assets that have a limited supply that has been pretty accurate since 2012, the stock to flow model, that predicts bitcoin reaching a couple million in price when the last halving occurs. After that, the supply is dwindling, and bitcoin becomes truly digital gold due to scarcity.

5. This isn't directly relative to crypto, but hyperinflation and a zombie economy is what's keeping this bull run alive. Not just for crypto, but for every market out there. I really hope governments find a way to keep it in check, but a massive, MASSIVE crash is probably already underway.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2021-04-17 at 10:24 AM.

The crypto runup these last few days was fun. I grabbed $500 of ETC or BSV or whatever the hell, I don't remember, just some random investment for hilarity. Then I got called into a meeting and forgot about it. Checked my account a few hours later and my $500 was already $800. Cashed it out right then, which turned out to be a wise choice, because it's been in a spiral ever since. My regular crypto account has done well, but I'm just going to let that lie. I thought about cashing it out and re-buying the underlying assets after the meltdown is complete, but fuck all that micromanagement. Nerds will make it pop again eventually.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm selling when bull market support for BTC is lost, which is now roughly at 57.5k. Kinda dumping right now, but it is the weekend after all and it's kinda expected. If you zoom out on the charts, so far we're just range-trading between daily lows and highs, which is great for my alts (hellooo FTM and Algo). 60k seems like massive support as it used to be massive resistance for weeks, I'll start to worry once we lose that.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2021-04-17 at 03:48 PM.

I don't get these forums. You guys hate on Bobby Kotick yet want to see your stocks go up. Sorry, but you can't have both.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    I don't get these forums. You guys hate on Bobby Kotick yet want to see your stocks go up. Sorry, but you can't have both.
    You can invest in companies that fit your values?

Ignorant comment.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    You can invest in companies that fit your values?

Ignorant comment.
    Except that good capitalism doesn’t exist.
    Last edited by Ashleyxoxo; 2021-04-17 at 11:37 PM.

This argument is about as logical as "why do you keep drinking water if you hate what Nestle does to developing countries."

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    I'm selling when bull market support for BTC is lost, which is now roughly at 57.5k. Kinda dumping right now, but it is the weekend after all and it's kinda expected. If you zoom out on the charts, so far we're just range-trading between daily lows and highs, which is great for my alts (hellooo FTM and Algo). 60k seems like massive support as it used to be massive resistance for weeks, I'll start to worry once we lose that.
    Damn the last 24 hours really showed how fragile the whole crypto market is. how fearful people are at any negative actions.

20-25% drop in some coins at the worst point.

Power failures where most of the mining is happening. Turkey banning. Rumors of huge federal investigations on money laundering. Taxation talks. Regulation incoming.

This epic run is all going to come down how long before the snow ball starts rolling down the regulation hill till it picks up speed.

All its going to take is for one or two of the major holders in Bitcoin bailing as another scenario that crushes the market back down to earth.

of course, it could double as well. Stonks proved a lot of us wrong over and over again.

P.S so deepfucking cashed in on his options, and then announced he is no longer giving updates. I think its a good sign he is ready to do some massive profit taking out of view of everyone. On top of this a major owner sold in the past month and the CEO is dumping 12 million in stock.

Not looking good for the trip to the moon

- - - Updated - - -

i hear one company makes up all of the stocks on the stock market
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Damn the last 24 hours really showed how fragile the whole crypto market is. how fearful people are at any negative actions.

20-25% drop in some coins at the worst point.

Power failures where most of the mining is happening. Turkey banning. Rumors of huge federal investigations on money laundering. Taxation talks. Regulation incoming.

This epic run is all going to come down how long before the snow ball starts rolling down the regulation hill till it picks up speed.

All its going to take is for one or two of the major holders in Bitcoin bailing as another scenario that crushes the market back down to earth.

of course, it could double as well. Stonks proved a lot of us wrong over and over again.

P.S so deepfucking cashed in on his options, and then announced he is no longer giving updates. I think its a good sign he is ready to do some massive profit taking out of view of everyone. On top of this a major owner sold in the past month and the CEO is dumping 12 million in stock.

Not looking good for the trip to the moon
    What are you on about? This is just a 10% dip after overlevereged longs were liquidated yesterday, which hasn't happened in over a month. This is what, the fourth correction bitcoin has had since January? Hell, I don't know if a 10% dip can even be called a correction. Bitcoin ROI is still miles ahead even compared to previous bull runs, a cool-off period is very healthy, even necessary to prevent a parabolic movement and an immediate bear market. Bitcoin can technically go to 40k and still be in a massive uptrend.

Why am I wasting my breath though? You have over half the posts here bitching about bitcoin when it's basically 800% up since last year. Better yet, bitcoin ROI is basically 200% every year since 2010. But uuuh yeah, it's crashing. Any day now.

I don't know why I even bother replying to you.

Enjoy your hyperinflated stonks I guess.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2021-04-19 at 08:59 PM.

What are you on about? This is just a 10% dip after overlevereged longs were liquidated yesterday, which hasn't happened in over a month. .
    did you miss the mini crash yesterday?

Bitcoin ROI is still miles ahead even compared to previous bull runs, a cool-off period is very healthy, even necessary to prevent a parabolic movement and an immediate bear market. Bitcoin can technically go to 40k and still be in a massive uptrend.

did you miss....?? Wasn't a cooling off period it was a mini panic because of a few "possible" happenings. Nothing was even confirmed and a power outage in china, really its this unstable?

it shows how fragile the whole pyramid scheme of crypto is.

Why am I wasting my breath though? You have over half the posts here bitching about bitcoin when it's basically 800% up since last year. Better yet, bitcoin ROI is basically 200% every year since 2010. But uuuh yeah, it's crashing. Any day now.

I don't know why I even bother replying to you.

Enjoy your hyperinflated stonks I guess.
    most of my post were about gamestop, but hey glad you read them anyway!

Yah because it being up 800% invalidates anything i have said. Its still a risky POS investment with no fundamentals or real asset backing. And stonks are hyperinflated?

So gamestop being up 800% is hyperinflated but bitcoin is not?

i was bitching about the dot coms too back in the days, nailed it huh? Penny stock craze of the 90s before that. I still get to tell my brother "i told you so" about those investments.

800% pffft.

Danaos Corporation 988.32%
    Eagle Bulk Shipping Inc 2218.63%
    Cambium Networks Corp 940.07%

there are about a half dozen more if you want them
    https://money.usnews.com/investing/s...top-performers

Nio is also still up about 1000% but pulled back from 1200%ish in the past year.

hell 10 year return Netflix is up 3,522% with actual earnings/assets and revenue.

Hell if you wanted to stay in the realm of crypto you could have invested in RIOT and gained what 3700%. 1.10 a year ago, closed today at 41.

Now most of these companies are just as risky and bullshit as crypto is.

I wonder if someone with vested interest in Eagle bulk shipping will give me shit too??

If you made tons of money in crypto congrats. Shame for every 100 people who made money there is eventually going to be thousands who get in when the bubble burst and lose most of it. Hell i could be wrong, i am sure the world governments will let this charades replace fiat currencies, what could possibly go wrong with the economy if that happens.

You will however never come closet to my return in the pyramid schemes in the 1990s. They too argued it should be a legal investment option before the law crushed them.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    did you miss the mini crash yesterday?

did you miss....?? Wasn't a cooling off period it was a mini panic because of a few "possible" happenings. Nothing was even confirmed and a power outage in china, really its this unstable?

it shows how fragile the whole pyramid scheme of crypto is.

most of my post were about gamestop, but hey glad you read them anyway!

Yah because it being up 800% invalidates anything i have said. Its still a risky POS investment with no fundamentals or real asset backing. And stonks are hyperinflated?

So gamestop being up 800% is hyperinflated but bitcoin is not?

i was bitching about the dot coms too back in the days, nailed it huh? Penny stock craze of the 90s before that. I still get to tell my brother "i told you so" about those investments.

800% pffft.

Danaos Corporation 988.32%
    Eagle Bulk Shipping Inc 2218.63%
    Cambium Networks Corp 940.07%

there are about a half dozen more if you want them
    https://money.usnews.com/investing/s...top-performers

Nio is also still up about 1000% but pulled back from 1200%ish in the past year.

hell 10 year return Netflix is up 3,522% with actual earnings/assets and revenue.

Hell if you wanted to stay in the realm of crypto you could have invested in RIOT and gained what 3700%. 1.10 a year ago, closed today at 41.

Now most of these companies are just as risky and bullshit as crypto is.

I wonder if someone with vested interest in Eagle bulk shipping will give me shit too??

If you made tons of money in crypto congrats. Shame for every 100 people who made money there is eventually going to be thousands who get in when the bubble burst and lose most of it. Hell i could be wrong, i am sure the world governments will let this charades replace fiat currencies, what could possibly go wrong with the economy if that happens.

You will however never come closet to my return in the pyramid schemes in the 1990s. They too argued it should be a legal investment option before the law crushed them.
    This whole post reads like regret if I'm being frank.

I still think that for most people simply putting $500 per month ($6,000 per year) into some type of index ETFs is the best way to invest. One hundred eighty thousand invested over a period 30 years into FSCSX would now be worth 5.3M. If it was done through roth IRA, no capital gain tax and no tax on the dividend either. Even for a tech heavy index fund like FSCSX which is not dividend maximized, the dividend return on 5.3 million is currently around 100k per year. Tax free.

The lazy person way of investing.

This whole post reads like regret if I'm being frank.
    wouldn't be the first time i regretted not getting in on a hyper-risky investment to only be glad i didn't in the end because looking back its easy to "time" the market, but not so easy during it.

I am however very regretful in never investing in netflix that is true.
    Gamestop too, i've admitted that a few times in this thread.

I am glad however you agree with everything else since you didn't deny it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    I still think that for most people simply putting $500 per month ($6,000 per year) into some type of index ETFs is the best way to invest. One hundred eighty thousand invested over a period 30 years into FSCSX would now be worth 5.3M. If it was done through roth IRA, no capital gain tax and no tax on the dividend either. Even for a tech heavy index fund like FSCSX which is not dividend maximized, the dividend return on 5.3 million is currently around 100k per year. Tax free.

The lazy person way of investing.
    very true. even something more simple like the standard SP500 fund would have been amazing.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Is that the same as buying SPY?

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Is that the same as buying SPY?
    Same. Except SPY is passive and the holding mirrored S&P 500 Index, SFCSX is actively managed and the holding is heavy in the tech sector.

On the matter of a 20-year old company that still manage to triple their revenue in a year, Alphabet reported net income of $17.93 billion in its fiscal first quarter, compared with net income of $6.84 billion for the same quarter last year.

AMD reported first-quarter net income of $555 million, compared with $162 million in the year-ago period.

Microsoft on Tuesday reported fiscal third-quarter net earnings of $15.46 billion up from $10.66 billion a year ago. Not quite as impressive, but still insane for an almost 4 decades old company.

Facebook & Apple today. Amazon tomorrow.

firstly we need to find good market for investing. Nowadays popular is investing money in crypto projects. I do the same from time to time. Now I decided to promote my blockchain project. I will use btc ad network for it.
    Last edited by kamuidesu; 2021-05-13 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    On the matter of a 20-year old company that still manage to triple their revenue in a year, Alphabet reported net income of $17.93 billion in its fiscal first quarter, compared with net income of $6.84 billion for the same quarter last year.

AMD reported first-quarter net income of $555 million, compared with $162 million in the year-ago period.

Microsoft on Tuesday reported fiscal third-quarter net earnings of $15.46 billion up from $10.66 billion a year ago. Not quite as impressive, but still insane for an almost 4 decades old company.

Facebook & Apple today. Amazon tomorrow.
    More and more people are becoming privacy aware, so I don't know whether Facebook and Alphabet will be doing so great in 10 years.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    More and more people are becoming privacy aware, so I don't know whether Facebook and Alphabet will be doing so great in 10 years.
    I hate to break it to you but people have always been aware they just chose the convenience over everything else. This is just a blip on the radar things will go back to normal because of the sheer insane amount of money these companies make so lawmakers will look the other way. Perhaps I am just too old but this is the perfect analogy "years ago people were upset if you read their diary now they get upset at you if you don't". The times have changed everyone wants to be a celebrity in their own circle so they put out all their information on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    No such thing as risk-free investment. On the other hand, in a time when people are investing their money in virtual coin with the face of a dog on it, investing in decade-old companies that still manage to double and triple their net revenue annually, while maintaining 30 - 40% profit margin, is probably pretty close to risk-free investment. If FB and Alphabet would start paying dividend, I would be really happy.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2021-05-12 at 04:29 PM.