View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by sircaw View Post
    You do realise I have dyslexia yer, and the spell checkers i use are not 100% correct all the time, but thanks for using the too dumb part to try and belittle my remarks.

Sounds like your reading out of the typical leftist playbook.
    Seeing how I am not your doctor, no, I don't. Put it in your signature, you can avoid people thinking you're dumb or lazy. Also, try Grammarly. Works like a charm.

The points you make remain stupid, though.
    Last edited by Skulltaker; 2021-05-12 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Seeing how I am not your doctor, now, I don't. Put it in your signature, you can avoid people thinking you're dumb or lazy. Also, try Grammarly. Works like a charm.

The points you make remain stupid, though.
    To be fair, he doesn't need to put his disorder in his signature, sheesh... be careful with stuff like that. We could try not to piss on people for using wrong grammar or spelling all the time, this is an international forum and most of us fuck it up anyway.

I mean, it makes sense if he claims a certain nationality (English) and we catch him in constantly making mistakes that someone from France or Germany might make, but this (they're/their/there) is just an internet meme at this point.

Kinda like seitseid.de :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    To be fair, he doesn't need to put his disorder in his signature, sheesh... be careful with stuff like that. We could try not to piss on people for using wrong grammar or spelling all the time, this is an international forum and most of us fuck it up anyway.

I mean, it makes sense if he claims a certain nationality (English) and we catch him in constantly making mistakes that someone from France or Germany might make, but this (they're/their/there) is just an internet meme at this point.

Kinda like seitseid.de :P
    I'm pretty sick of people pretending to have disorders so that others take care of their special needs, pet peeves, and the likes. I'm not saying that's the case here, but going 'You know I am/have xyz, right?' sure as hell isn't the way to go about it either. Because how would I know?

Again with the labels, you don't know these people or their reasons, it's not a hard concept to understand.

Anyways this conversation is at an end,

Have a good day.
    I'm sure you dislike it, because it fits. Describing people is an actual thing, call it a label all you want, it doesnt change that brexit was to either "Take back control of the border" (racists) or someone believed (ignorants) the immense lies told by the opportunists.

Truth sometimes hurts, that's your issue

I'm pretty sick of people pretending to have disorders so that others take care of their special needs, pet peeves, and the likes. I'm not saying that's the case here, but going 'You know I am/have xyz, right?' sure as hell isn't the way to go about it either. Because how would I know?
    Well, we are done here.

People with such disorders try to hide it typically, I know this from SEVERAL personal friends that have some sort of writing disorder. If you don't catch them, they'll never tell you. Because it's embarassing for them. And if you do the Sherlock and accuse them, of course they're gonna get defensive, break and lash out at youf or being mean. It's something they're not proud of. I agree with you that many people claim dyslexia because they're just lazy fucks, and those guys I despise, but the actual people with that disorder will typically not willingly reveal that information unless you force the issue and they have no other way of getting you off their back.

So, personally, I found it's best for everyone not to nitpick spelling unless you need to, like if he's a dick about someone else's spelling (fun internet truth, whenever someone picks at someone else's spelling, you only need to go a few posts back to find them misspelling something... that's the main reason why I never correct people about spelling unless they're a dick first haha).
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    People with such disorders try to hide it typically, I know this from SEVERAL personal friends that have some sort of writing disorder. If you don't catch them, they'll never tell you. Because it's embarassing for them. And if you do the Sherlock and accuse them, of course they're gonna get defensive, break and lash out at youf or being mean. It's something they're not proud of. I agree with you that many people claim dyslexia because they're just lazy fucks, and those guys I despise, but the actual people with that disorder will typically not willingly reveal that information unless you force the issue and they have no other way of getting you off their back.

So, personally, I found it's best for everyone not to nitpick spelling unless you need to, like if he's a dick about someone else's spelling (fun internet truth, whenever someone picks at someone else's spelling, you only need to go a few posts back to find them misspelling something... that's the main reason why I never correct people about spelling unless they're a dick first haha).
    Yeah, I have to deal with many people like that professionally. Not dyslexia, but patients that claim to have any number of disorder to get meds, attention, excuse their behaviour, and so on. I'm probably not fair in that regard. I should probably give people the benefit of the doubt. I know I can be a dick about it, and similar issues. I'm okay with you saying so, as well, it's 100% true.

Maybe I'll try to take a page out of your book, though. Not worth the trouble.

Yeah, I have to deal with many people like that professionally. Not dyslexia, but patients that claim to have any number of disorder to get meds, attention, excuse their behaviour, and so on. I'm probably not fair in that regard.
    I don't blame you, I absolutely believe that a lot of people abuse the systems like that. But sometimes you catch the wrong guy and he needs that extra attention, Never let cynicism ride your decision making process. It's hard as a professional, I know from personal experience. Cynicism gets you sometimes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, we are done here.
    Yeah, it gets less and less meaningful the often you say that. By now it translates to, I will be back in a few and talk about the very same topic again!
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I have to deal with many people like that professionally. Not dyslexia, but patients that claim to have any number of disorder to get meds, attention, excuse their behaviour, and so on. I'm probably not fair in that regard. I should probably give people the benefit of the doubt. I know I can be a dick about it, and similar issues. I'm okay with you saying so, as well, it's 100% true.

Maybe I'll try to take a page out of your book, though. Not worth the trouble.
    I've got writing and reading difficulties of a dyslexic nature. Which translates into that I suck at spelling and inherently can't recognize if I've misspelled a word. I've forced myself to get good at spelling by writing a lot, reading what I've written, and being lucky in having a great picture memory. I can recognize a misspelled word by how it looks in a text. Which, however, has pitfalls. Your/You're is one, but that one is easy due to context and how different they look and sound. "To/Too"? **** me over a petrol pump.
    Also, I tend to thank people when they help me with spelling, not get passive agressive/agressive/angry. As I know just what a fucking pain it is to read at times.

The fact that the poster in question doesn't want to distance himself from racists but keeps including himself in racists, is also not a good look.
    - Lars

Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    I've got writing and reading difficulties of a dyslexic nature. Which translates into that I suck at spelling and inherently can't recognize if I've misspelled a word. I've forced myself to get good at spelling by writing a lot, reading what I've written, and being lucky in having a great picture memory. I can recognize a misspelled word by how it looks in a text. Which, however, has pitfalls. Your/You're is one, but that one is easy due to context and how different they look and sound. "To/Too"? **** me over a petrol pump.
    Also, I tend to thank people when they help me with spelling, not get passive agressive/agressive/angry. As I know just what a fucking pain it is to read at times.

The fact that the poster in question doesn't want to distance himself from racists but keeps including himself in racists, is also not a good look.
    I really don't know how to react to this. Thank you for being this candid. For what it's worth, I have the utmost respect for you for tackling this head-on.

If what I've said in regards to dyslexia has offended anyone, I'm sorry. I know I can be an ass about these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post

What Garbage your writing, no utter tripe. My family voted for Brexit, they are not racists no matter how hard you're trying to paint them as it, are you saying I should distance myself from them because they did not vote your so-called correct way.

The labeling of people as a massive group of whatever insult suits you is just plain wrong, it's sad you can not see this, it does not seem very logical to smear an entire group of people.

As for not a good look, I hate racists, and their values do not align with mine in one slight bit, sorry to break that to you.
    Last edited by sircaw; 2021-05-12 at 12:43 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    As for not a good look, I hate racists, and their values do not align with mine in one slight bit, sorry to break that to you.
    That's funny because all of the racists voted for brexit, so at least some values have to align.

And as you obviously don't understand English, no, that does not mean all that voted for brexit are racists.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    That's funny because all of the racists voted for brexit, so at least some values have to align.

And as you obviously don't understand English, no, that does not mean all that voted for brexit are racists.
    And once again this has been my point all along, seems like your the one that can not understand basic reasoning.

you must have missed all if the shoe fits malarky.

I will repeat it for you, so we are clear, DONT LABEL EVERYONE, OR PAINT THEM ALL WITH THE SAME BRUSH.

You have just contradicted yourself with your own quote.

Good Job lol

No wonder dribbles spins you in circles.
    Last edited by sircaw; 2021-05-12 at 12:54 PM.

I mean, at this point you're just being obtuse and arguing against him out of spite, not because of what he said. :P

people in my local who say things like 'machine gun the migrants' all voted for brexit. just sayin

15+ Year Old Account
    And once again this has been my point all along, seems like your the one that can not understand basic reasoning.

you must have missed all if the shoe fits malarky.

I will repeat it for you, so we are clear, DONT LABEL EVERYONE, OR PAINT THEM ALL WITH THE SAME BRUSH.

You have just contradicted yourself with your own quote.

Good Job lol

No wonder dribbles spins you in circles.
    Ok, I give up, looks like you don't want to understand what I am saying.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    people in my local who say things like 'machine gun the migrants' all voted for brexit. just sayin
    Well, perhaps you should step in and tell them that their behavior is unaccaptable.

Well, perhaps you should step in and tell them that their behavior is unaccaptable.
    They are your buddies. You should tell them.

- - - Updated - - -

And yet you're fine throwing around terms like 'the left' as if that's one universal entity that's the same everywhere. Your hypocrisy is showing. On the other hand, what would you expect from people who voted the racist option.

They are your buddies. You should tell them.

- - - Updated - - -

And yet you're fine throwing around terms like 'the left' as if that's one universal entity that's the same everywhere. Your hypocrisy is showing. On the other hand, what would you expect from people who voted the racist option.
    The terms left and right is used all the time in political discourse.

Words like racists and nazi's are not helpful at all.

I understand you don't like being wrong, but grow the fuck up buddy.