Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    didn't they say this was the first patch developed entirely remote? It would make sense that it takes longer. working remotely was a huge change and delayed things across all industries. I'm sure lessons learned will speed things up but it's really no big deal in my opinion.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    didn't they say this was the first patch developed entirely remote? It would make sense that it takes longer. working remotely was a huge change and delayed things across all industries. I'm sure lessons learned will speed things up but it's really no big deal in my opinion.
    you cant expect people who never did any time or work management to understand this could cause delays... even though pretty much EVERYTHING in the world get delayed...

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Well, i just heard a comment on a recent asmongolds streams, something a long the lines of "Imagine if you got pregnant at the start of shadowlands, and there were still no 9.1 before you got the baby"

So i did not exactly count the months, i just had that line in my head and based the thread off of that.
    Okay.
    To be honest, people are making too much of a drama out of 9.1 timing.
    4-6 months seems fair for 1 patch. The real question is.. why do people feel the need to rush the crap out of content?

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Okay.
    why do people feel the need to rush the crap out of content?
    "content?"

Quote Originally Posted by Poopsnacker View Post
    It's already leaked in China and it was as expected, 4 weeks after BC launch, June 30th in Europe

And then we are at 7 month, which is 1 month more than the 'normal' patch cycle of 6 months.

Bunch of cryhards fucking everywhere.
    x.1 patches have dropped around the 4 month mark for the last 2 expansions

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    "content?"
    Yes, content. We had a raid, dungeons, Torghast, 3 legendaries or more to gather (different specs/situations), reputations, anima.. you name it.

I don´t think it is enough to hold on for much longer than 5/6 months, I totally agree there.. but, so far, that might be it. We are 5 real months into the expansion, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    x.1 patches have dropped around the 4 month mark for the last 2 expansions
    8.2 in BFA was over 6m after 8.1, legion (which developers themself said was way too fast on pat releases) was over 5m...

so for "starter" x.major patch its later, but for patch in general 6m is actualy pretty standard... not to mention in comparison 9.1 is bit bigger on content (8.1 got raid and assaults, and raid itself was delayed after patch release) so its hardly out of the ordinary... even so, its kinda understandable as its first patch made completely via home office work
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-05-12 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    8.2 in BFA was over 6m after 8.1, legion (which developers themself said was way too fast on pat releases) was over 5m...

so for "starter" x.major patch its later, but for patch in general 6m is actualy pretty standard... not to mention in comparison 9.1 is bit bigger on content (8.1 got raid and assaults, and raid itself was delayed after patch release) so its hardly out of the ordinary... even so, its kinda understandable as its first patch made completely via home office work
    I get what you mean, this looks more like 9.2 than 9.1.

But I believe people are pissed because they are comparing it to 7.1 and 8.1 in terms of time without new content

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    In WoD Highmaul lasted 2 months, BRF 4 months, HFC 14 months. I would prefer 5 months/5 months/10 months (because imo last tier should be 5 months for progression + 5 month for break before next expac).

In Legion EN was 4 months (with last 3 bosses of "tier" in ToV just 2 months), Nighthold 5 months, ToS 5 months, Antorus 8 months. I would prefer 5/5/5/9 - which show how close (imo) Legion was to perfection in that field.

So by my own standarts CN śhould end exactly today, so it will be late ~2 months. Yep, they are behind. More news at 10.

I'm imagining....and nothing. I'd just do other stuff once I was done with the progression.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

I'd rather have done that much EN over Nathria to be fair. Xavius being easy aside, EN was a pretty decent entry tier raid. Nathria is painful at times.

Blizzard can fix this problem if they made Alts a whole lot easier to catch up to mains. That would be such a good thing in the game because if there's a lack of outdoor content like what SL has, at the very least being able to giving the players the freedom to choose what they actually want to do with their alts is such a breath of fresh air.

But because we have this looming boring catch mechanics for any future alts just makes the player not even think about making alts. Remember alts is the core part of the game and if they still haven't figured that out, well a hand slap on blizzard.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetpistol View Post
    Blizzard can fix this problem if they made Alts a whole lot easier to catch up to mains. That would be such a good thing in the game because if there's a lack of outdoor content like what SL has, at the very least being able to giving the players the freedom to choose what they actually want to do with their alts is such a breath of fresh air.

But because we have this looming boring catch mechanics for any future alts just makes the player not even think about making alts. Remember alts is the core part of the game and if they still haven't figured that out, well a hand slap on blizzard.
    Catching up to normal raid gear is doable in few days. For regular people Mythic raiding isn't really available cause they require more dedication and higher skill. So what you suggest, quick catch up to 207/213 heroic gear so most people wouldn't have PVE content to play (beside spaming M10+) that gives them potential upgrades?

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    I get what you mean, this looks more like 9.2 than 9.1.

But I believe people are pissed because they are comparing it to 7.1 and 8.1 in terms of time without new content
    My problem with this is that 7.1 and 8.1 didn't have the disadvantage of a global pandemic jacking everything up.
    It's kind of an apples to oranges comparison.

To topic, it's been 5 months, though it *feels* like it's been for longer.
    I wouldn't be shocked if 9.1 drops at the end of June/early July, given it's already in PTR and I'm sure the company feels the urgency to get it out.
    What that will do to quality, who knows, but that would put Nathria at 7 months, and given the whole situation, it's really not that bad.
    What could feel bad about it is if it falls flat and there's still nothing to do outside of raidlogging, but we'll see how fun the included content turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Catching up to normal raid gear is doable in few days.
    What about unlocking your covenant tree, soulbinds, legendaries and all that jazz?

It's already leaked in China and it was as expected, 4 weeks after BC launch, June 30th in Europe

And then we are at 7 month, which is 1 month more than the 'normal' patch cycle of 6 months.

0% chance it would be June. July is even optimistic

ofc they do, they cant compare ALL information, they only compare those that allow them to rage over something

i really cant see this they are SOOO behind due to atleast 3 days of raid testing being candled im going for august/september at the latest sadly

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    i really cant see this they are SOOO behind due to atleast 3 days of raid testing being candled im going for august/september at the latest sadly
    August is realistic. Sept is the “break glass in case of emergency” date. The people thinking it’s June are delusional and July is optimistic

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    August is realistic. Sept is the “break glass in case of emergency” date. The people thinking it’s June are delusional and July is optimistic
    agreed if blizz didn't lose those raid test days due to build instability id say june/july maybe august at a push