10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing in story we know suggest if there will be 1 or 2 more chapters - we still have 3 big unused cards: Anduin as boss, Arthas (most likely ally, not boss) and Jailer. From hinted places we have Sepulcher, Gardens of Life, afterlive for inventors (don't remember name, but it sounded like Mechagon 2.0 hint), more SL realms in general (doesn't Blizz straight up said we will see more? it's not that relevant anyway, since it was way before release and plans could be different, but I think it was said).

I'm not sure Anduin will be in his Death Knight state for much longerm possibly by the end of 9.1. No damn idea about Arthas but I do wonder if he's in that place where those Soulshards of Uther and Sylvanas are(Is Arthas's Dad there to?). How the Dread Lords will fit into this I don't know. There's a lot to deal with in the coming year or so.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    From what I remember Ion straight up said tier set is coming in 9.2 raid with set bonuses, no implications.
    He didn't. He said they're coming in the next adventure. It's a very weird statement regarding "next adventure" isn't a very common term in WoW speech. This could be 9.2, this could be 10.0.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

, afterlive for inventors (don't remember name, but it sounded like Mechagon 2.0 hint),
    Craftenium, and honestly I take it more as just a way to refer to further realms in the Shadowlands than anything else. If we were going to go there, I'd expect to have heard of it in more places than an out of the way Sinstone.

Again, I don't get what changed with that interview. What has mini raid has even to do with it? We get two 10 boss raids instead in SL and it's not like Crucible of Storm was very popular. For months we speculated late June or early July release and nothing here go against it.

Nothing in story we know suggest if there will be 1 or 2 more chapters - we still have 3 big unused cards: Anduin as boss, Arthas (most likely ally, not boss) and Jailer. From hinted places we have Sepulcher, Gardens of Life, afterlive for inventors (don't remember name, but it sounded like Mechagon 2.0 hint), more SL realms in general (doesn't Blizz straight up said we will see more? it's not that relevant anyway, since it was way before release and plans could be different, but I think it was said).
    Sepulcher easily could just be the Arbiter's chamber, Gardens of Life was one sentence in game, all the other stuff is just flavour lore which doesn't really matter for the game itself. So technically yes, infinite afterlives, but practically speaking all that really doesn't matter for the main storyline which is still the Jailer + or vs. X? Covenants? Done. The other Shadowlands parts simply don't matter enough.

I mean it's just like with WoD with the Shattrath raid, Ogre continent etc. - stuff that would have been neat, but eventually wasn't needed or necessary to wrap up the expansion. And I'm like 100% sure that Anduin will be part of the Jailer raid, most likely as the second last boss.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Even if absolutely everyone hated SL, which I sincerely doubt, it's still a bad look for Blizzard if they just abandoned it like that. At best it might show they are willing to abandon bad ideas, but more likely it would show they don't know how to make decent expansions at all.
    Why does it look bad though? I mean what does abandon mean in this case? If the story has been told, the story has been told. And for that you just don't need 9.3. As we've learned now, most major plots for the Covenants and the Shadowlands zone are wrapped up in the 9.1 campaign(s). So the only thing we really need is the closure for the Jailer storyline and wrapping up some lose ends (but Blizzard doesn't shy away from just keeping lose ends, so that's not even required at this point). 9.2 could add more story to the Jailer and more flavour lore, but it really isn't necessary. That's why I wouldn't say abandoned, as 9.1 brings things together nicely and 9.2 can finish them. WoD was abandoned because, that you clearly could feel. But Shadowlands? In my opinion, it's not. There's just not much more to it at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Do you seriously think the patch is releasing in July? Stop
    Which one, 9.1 in July '21 or 9.3 in July '22?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Sepulcher easily could just be the Arbiter's chamber, Gardens of Life was one sentence in game, all the other stuff is just flavour lore which doesn't really matter for the game / direct expansion. So technically yes, infinite afterlives, but practically speaking all that really doesn't matter for the main storyline which is still the Jailer + or vs. X? Covenants? Done. The other Shadowlands parts simply don't matter enough.

I mean it's just like with WoD with the Shattrath raid, Ogre continent etc. - stuff that would have been neat, but eventually wasn't needed or necessary to wrap up the expansion. And I'm like 100% sure that Anduin will be part of the Jailer raid, most likely as the second last boss.
    Jesus Christ, I told there are potential places to explore and villains to kill to fill 2 patches if we will have 9.3. And obviously they can cut everything. I don't defend "there will be 9.3" prediction to death like you do with "there will be no 9.3" and did with "there will be no 8.3".

We have no in game hint in one direction or another, all our arguments pro and against are from outside of game.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I'm not sure Anduin will be in his Death Knight state for much longerm possibly by the end of 9.1. No damn idea about Arthas but I do wonder if he's in that place where those Soulshards of Uther and Sylvanas are(Is Arthas's Dad there to?). How the Dread Lords will fit into this I don't know. There's a lot to deal with in the coming year or so.
    Would be strange if he won't become boss (either S3 final boss or last one before Jailer). It's not like they have opportunity to use Anduin this way and throw some Arthas nostalgia at same time every day.

He didn't. He said they're coming in the next adventure. It's a very weird statement regarding "next adventure" isn't a very common term in WoW speech. This could be 9.2, this could be 10.0.
    Wow, just wow.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2021-05-12 at 02:22 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sepulcher easily could just be the Arbiter's chamber,
    Her chamber is already named 'The Crucible'.
    If her chamber was meant to be the Sepulcher, they wouldn't have given it a unique name.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Her chamber is already named 'The Crucible'.
    If her chamber was meant to be the Sepulcher, they wouldn't have given it a unique name.
    Thanks for clarifying, I didn't know that.

I still think something will happen with the Arbiter's blue orb and the Jailer's chest hole.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, just wow.
    Please tell me what about "next adventure" is indicative that it will be 9.2. He didn't even mention 9.2 in that interview after his WoD / 9.2 statement. So yes, it can indeed be 9.2, but it can be 10.0 as well.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-05-12 at 02:30 PM.

Sepulcher easily could just be the Arbiter's chamber, Gardens of Life was one sentence in game, all the other stuff is just flavour lore which doesn't really matter for the game itself. So technically yes, infinite afterlives, but practically speaking all that really doesn't matter for the main storyline which is still the Jailer + or vs. X? Covenants? Done. The other Shadowlands parts simply don't matter enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Why does it look bad though? I mean what does abandon mean in this case? If the story has been told, the story has been told. And for that you just don't need 9.3. As we've learned now, most major plots for the Covenants and the Shadowlands zone are wrapped up in the 9.1 campaign(s). So the only thing we really need is the closure for the Jailer storyline and wrapping up some lose ends (but Blizzard doesn't shy away from just keeping lose ends, so that's not even required at this point). 9.2 could add more story to the Jailer and more flavour lore, but it really isn't necessary. That's why I wouldn't say abandoned, as 9.1 brings things together nicely and 9.2 can finish them. WoD was abandoned because, that you clearly could feel. But Shadowlands? In my opinion, it's not. There's just not much more to it at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Which one, 9.1 in July '21 or 9.3 in July '22?
    9.1 July.

I assume 9.2 can be about the Jailer invading reality, us visiting the Gardens of Life and meeting the Pantheon of Life for a bit while saving Elune there, is defending the Sepulcher as part of the main plot, Helya’s defeat, etc.

9.1 July.
    Why couldn't 9.1 come in July? The week of June 22 seems like the earliest possible date, after that anything makes a plausible release date imho.
    _____

By the way, I'm not even against having 9.3, Shadowlands overall isn't as dreadful as BfA was so 9.3 won't hurt it much. I just don't think it's necessary to wrap up this expansion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Again new avatars are put in the Battle.net client and they are all from Shadowlands characters, this means that Yrel remains the odd exception. This is so silly and stupid, it is obvious foreshadowing. I guess most players are simply unable to pick that up though.
    Wow they added a random fairy and steward picture - soooo much foreshadowing ....

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Wow they added a random fairy and steward picture - soooo much foreshadowing ....
    What you said has literally nothing to do with my point.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Why couldn't 9.1 come in July? The week of June 22 seems like the earliest possible date, after that anything makes a plausible release date imho.
    _____

By the way, I'm not even against having 9.3, Shadowlands overall isn't as dreadful as BfA was so 9.3 won't hurt it much. I just don't think it's necessary to wrap up this expansion.
    9.2 could definitely be the last patch, with the Pantheon of Life, Reality being attacked by Zovaal, us maybe going to the Moon for a bit or the Gardens of Life (Probably both ngl) to meet up with Elune and have them reunite against Zovaal, etc. They could just rush it like they did 9.1, with so much going on that patch lore-wise.

9.1 imo should come out Late June. We're still mid-way through May, and shit seems to be going on just nicely. June 1st can be TBC's release date, then like 2 weeks later have 9.1 release.

- - - Updated - - -

And your point is kinda moot. They probably just did that because people wanted a Yrel Avatar PFP?

7+ Year Old Account
    Store mounts are usually way more foreshadowing than Battle.net avatars. Too bad the last ones were for New Year/Blizzcon/Burning Crusade ...

#TEAMGIRAFFE

7+ Year Old Account
    Store mounts are usually way more foreshadowing than Battle.net avatars. Too bad the last ones were for New Year/Blizzcon/Burning Crusade ...
    We should be seeing the next mount around july, with the next 6 month sub promo.

Formerly known as Arafal

I'm sorry, what Store mount fuckin "foreshadows" shit outside of the whole Blizzcon mount BS?

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry, what Store mount fuckin "foreshadows" shit outside of the whole Blizzcon mount BS?
    The Enchanted Fey Dragon and Iron Skyreaver got used in WoD and came out during MoP.
    The Mystic Runesaber got used in Legion and came out during WoD.
    The Vulpine Familiar and Sylverian Dreamer got used in Shadowlands and came out during BfA.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

The year and Kotick's greed are not over yet.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

A lot of store mounts added are new/unique models and or reskins that are reused in the next expansion

7+ Year Old Account
    They use future mob creatures as mounts.

Enchanted Fey Dragon - wod mob
    Luminous Starseeker - Argus mob
    Mystic Runesaber - Suramar Manasaber
    Vulpine Familiar/Silverian Dreamer - Shadowlands mobs

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    They use future mob creatures as mounts.

Enchanted Fey Dragon - wod mob
    Luminous Starseeker - Argus mob
    Mystic Runesaber - Suramar Manasaber
    Vulpine Familiar/Silverian Dreamer - Shadowlands mobs

Fair.