Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Starting Fresh in TBC

I wanna play TBC on another realm and as the opposite faction, which means I will have no gold or items going into the expansion. Should I bother?

Yes, if you want to do that you should bother.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Just DO IT!

You don't have to care about the elitist mindset or the Min/max community, just play the way you find enjoyable

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

thats how i play though

You will have no problems as long as you don't feel entitled to the time and efforts of other people.

The only people that have problems in Classic or Retail, or will have problems in Classic TBC, are those that feel entitled to that other people should play in particular way to fulfil their needs. Nobody wants to play with people like that.

Don't fall in the trap of complaining about "elitists", "gate-keepers" or "meta-slaves". People like that make their own in-game experience horrible.
    Find people like yourself and play with them and stop worrying about the "community".

Quote Originally Posted by psiko74 View Post
    thats how i play though
    The only one who can answer that question is yourself

10+ Year Old Account
    I wanna play TBC on another realm and as the opposite faction, which means I will have no gold or items going into the expansion. Should I bother?
    These is the benefits of the Classic system. A large number of players are starting fresh on TBC Classic unless they pull out their credit card for a character boost to 58 (except for Draenei and Belf) or copy their character.

There is no harm in exploring a different section of the museum.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

thats how i play though
    If your question is whether it's still possible to catch up now, then yes. Prepatch gives you some time to level, gold can be farmed in bc and there is nothing stopping you from becoming the very best that ever was except for giving up before you even started.

Unless you think the game is over after a week and only the people who killed gruul first were actually having fun or something. Then you should probably play something else.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Why not? If you really want to, then go for it. TBC will last for about 1.5 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Why not? If you really want to, then go for it. TBC will last for about 1.5 years.
    Tho it does feel like a lot of people think that if you have not cleared karazhan & gotten epic flying within the first 7 days of the portal opening, Then you might as well just not play at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want a clean slate, expansion launches are always the best time to do so. BC especially, as there is a hard gear reset early in questing unless you're fully kitted out in t3; most players will replace the majority of their gear by the time you're leveled enough to group up and hit Hellfire Ramparts. With BC Classic enabling blood elves and draenei in prepatch rather than launch proper, you'll also have a large amount of new alts and rerolls, meaning you won't have issues finding groups as you level up your new main.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Blizzard still hasn't addressed fresh realms even with giant threads on official realms. I'm waiting still until deciding anything. They might or might not happen.

Quote Originally Posted by kukkamies View Post
    Blizzard still hasn't addressed fresh realms even with giant threads on official realms. I'm waiting still until deciding anything. They might or might not happen.
    Would be decent economy for a little while, But bots & gold sellers will soon destroy fredh servers as well.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

I don't think there will be any surge of new players warranting the creation of new servers. The number of new players will be offset by those that will opt to stay in Classic.
    There may be a surge of casuals in the first 2 weeks or so but probably not enough to see the queues we saw in the Classic launch.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    Tho it does feel like a lot of people think that if you have not cleared karazhan & gotten epic flying within the first 7 days of the portal opening, Then you might as well just not play at all.
    That's a hell of a grind to get attuned to Karazhan and clear it in 7 days

I think a lot of people have forgot how horrendous the attunement system in TBC was and a lot of the new players will shit a brick at how hard the heroic dungeons were at launch.

Honestly starting from scratch isn't a big deal. There will be re-rolls by pretty much everyone as well as those having to level Horde Paladins and Alliance Shamans.

Currently levelling my Hunter to go into TBC with on a different faction, don't think there will be any issues that will make my experience worse. Going to farm a R14 weapon in pre-patch and farm as much gold as I can prior to release. Gold is also very easy to farm in TBC if you put some hours in so flying won't be hard to achieve.

I'm going to try and pug Naxx to get my T3, should be some guild groups and pugs going to get every Shaman, Paladin and alts their T3 so that shouldn't be a big deal either. Probably be MC pugs to get my rhok'delar as plenty of people with probably still want Sulfuras and TF. ZG is puggable for the mounts as well. Nothing else to desire to get in Classic that can't get actually much easier in TBC.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2021-05-12 at 02:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    That's a hell of a grind to get attuned to Karazhan and clear it in 7 days

I think a lot of people have forgot how horrendous the attunement system in TBC was and a lot of the new players will shit a brick at how hard the heroic dungeons were at launch.

Honestly starting from scratch isn't a big deal. There will be re-rolls by pretty much everyone as well as those having to level Horde Paladins and Alliance Shamans.
    Horrendous? Kara requires you to run a total of 5 normal dugeons and complete like 5 extra quests. 7 dungeons considering arc key requires mechanar and botanica.
    80% of Kara is also easier than heroics.

T5 won't be available at launch so no need for the 3 heroics, gruul, mag and nighbane killed week 1.

Not worth it, wait for fresh servers or just continue on your current characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Just DO IT!

You don't have to care about the elitist mindset or the Min/max community, just play the way you find enjoyable
    This. Several of the aforementioned have nothing better to do in their spare time than crap on people who just want to casually enjoy a game (*gasp* the audacity of someone trying to enjoy playing a game!) as if there is something wrong with it. Not everyone turns a video game into a non-paying career.

Play the game however you want. While some people hate the phrase "It's my sub", it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Not worth it, wait for fresh servers or just continue on your current characters.
    Why do you say that?

On May 18th I'll be leveling a completely new char on a completely new server starting from 0.

I expect to be 58 by June 1st-7th and after that I expect to get attunements done, dungeons, heroics and play the game.

I don't see any downsides.

I just hope there will be people not asking for full pre raid bis epic crafted BOEs to do Kara (I expect to have some pre raid bis epics and most pre raid bis blues of normal dungeons and maybe hc dungeons)