Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    What I find most fascinating about it is apparently Tyrande is keeping both the power and moniker of the Night Warrior just without all the, you know, interesting aspects of it and despite having all that new 'power' and being in control of it she is regulating herself to peace mongering and subservience to the Alliance for the sake of the spirits of Dead Night Elves even though the one who caused all of it is still freely executing her 96D plans. It's almost like the invention of the concept of Night Warrior via retcon of a pseudonym for Elune and how it's introduction was supposed to be this major shift in the factional conflict and it's landscape going forward and the newly developed 'history' of it shitcanned into this Shadowlands expansion has come out as a bunch of

Nothing. Man it's great when the writers retcon shit yet don't have any intention of developing it in any way or form or even at the least having some introspection or exploration of the thing. Rule of cool y'all, WoW can't exist without destroying all that came before /s.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

As pointless as expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    As a recap for those who haven't read the PTR spoilers: After accomplishing zilch, doing nothing against any Horde NPC outside of the bounds of the war vs Sylvanas or doing more than calling Anduin names (and not very rude names either) Tyrande jobs one last time to Sylvanas. Then she accepts love and peace, ridding herself of the terrible cosmic power that allowed her to have positions more moderate than ones she had in WC3 and gave her the ability to kill a guy she should've easily run over anyway:

As predictable as it is bad.
    She still has the power cosmic, but now it isn't destroying her.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    What I find most fascinating about it is apparently Tyrande is keeping both the power and moniker of the Night Warrior just without all the, you know, interesting aspects of it and despite having all that new 'power' and being in control of it she is regulating herself to peace mongering and subservience to the Alliance for the sake of the spirits of Dead Night Elves even though the one who caused all of it is still freely executing her 96D plans. It's almost like the invention of the concept of Night Warrior via retcon of a pseudonym for Elune and how it's introduction was supposed to be this major shift in the factional conflict and it's landscape going forward and the newly developed 'history' of it shitcanned into this Shadowlands expansion has come out as a bunch of

Nothing. Man it's great when the writers retcon shit yet don't have any intention of developing it in any way or form or even at the least having some introspection or exploration of the thing. Rule of cool y'all, WoW can't exist without destroying all that came before /s.
    Not to mention that those spirits continue to be tortured or used as fuel.

Without going any further Sira and Dalarin do not know that they are cured or anything.

I'll be cruel but this is "we liberate rapists to defend women" that my country did not long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    The Night Warrior being a joke was pretty clear when Tyrande couldn't even kill Nathanos in BfA. BuT sHe KiLlEd a VaLkYr!

This ending is about what I expected.
    Reminder that beta testers had to haggle up to that Valkyr, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    but it's just more of nothing really happening. Wow... look at this unstable barely controlled or understood power beyond mortal ken... oh wait nvm it's cast off and everything is totally fine.
    it was a terrible idea in first place
    not all changes are good, horde are getting changed every patch almost and at least half of them were shit and i'd gladly take alliance development over horde tbh, at least they are stable (most of time)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    Reminder that beta testers had to haggle up to that Valkyr, too.
    Yeeep. Originally she actually lost to Nathanos and had to be saved by Malf.

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    There isnt much to talk about in terms of the latest Ardenweald quests (on PTR) and how we “save” Tyrande from night warrior “curse”. But she also gets a new model in 9.1 which only has one difference - her eyes now glow like other night elves and no longer dark.

But i see some people claiming that night elf fans “overreact” about it and that her losing her anger and focusing more on “going forward and rebuilding rather then on vengeance” is not that bad.

It is quite bad though, and allow me to explain why.

Its simple - every time night elves “rebuild” they only do that to get ruined again later and usually shown more and more pathetic and toothless each time it happens because consecutive losses and humiliations build up an image of not only weak people, but also a people that never learns from their past defeats.

They were rebuilding after Warcraft 3 and then got attacked and ruined in Cata, all their “rebuilding” turned back to zero again.

Then they were rebuilding after MoP after giving up fight for Azshara and they got attacked in BfA and ruined even harder this time, losing not only all what they built in Ashenvale but also Darkshore (which was also ravaged by Cataclysm before) and Teldrassil.

So if they just start rebuilding twice-ruined land for the third time in a row... Well, you can see why that dosent inspire confidence in their fans.
    You should realise this.. in order ofr a group or character to be written well, the writer has to like them. Sometimes as stories develop, writers actually tend to change their preferences.. in projects like this, with teams involved the relationship is even more complex....

Art, presentation, all influence how both writers and the team would view and like a race.. for e.g. Suramar and the Nightborne initially for the night elves, went playable and horde instead of returning to night elves like the originally planned story, because the art was done so well, it really changed both players and devs ... and in such spotlight during that era, the horde won the coolest things. The blood elves I feel the creators fell in love with their creation and favoured them over time, I think the community excitement over them helped.

Why is this important? Well because you and I change things by our enthusiasm and we are affected by a multiple number of things.

The night elves had the director of story in their corner when they first came out.. but when he played less of a role in the content of the game, which is all the content that comes from 2006 onwards, there role lessens significantly.

This is why they play such a tiny to non existent role in the hunt for Illidan in TBC in-game, where they were deep in the events of Arthas and Icecrown in TFT, they are non-existent in WotLK, and w here they were supposed to be the ones at the helm of the Cataclysm, (if you watched the initially announcements that were done), they were changed to Thrall and the shaman instead of the Night elves Malfurion, the druids and the Highborne -

Now I'm not criticising all these developments and changes, but they discuss things in groups and teams, and more often than not, it isn't one person that decides but more a majority sort of things.

Cool art and music influences strongly how they get to like and dislike certain groups, and while there is nothing bad about any art or music in the game, let's just say the ones for the elves are aesthetically pleasing and pull on the heartstrings more.

That been said, the current directors don't have enough love of the night elves for them to be major consideration like they were in WC3.

Fans like myself have been hang on waiting for the Wc3 days of relevance of the night elves... where the night elves were a titanic race, the original and pureblood elf at it's max, and had an epic hand in every major event that was going on.

In my opinion, the reason the focus shifted from the night elves was because they were put into the alliance for a game that needed two factions, and a genre setting that required balanced players. The night elves on the alliance heavily favoured the alliance over the horde, and this is why the blood leves went o the horde and the alliance has not been written well (as in favourably) in Warcraft until patch 8.1, where the horde majority and success is just outright overwhelming.

On the surface the overall statistics show nearly equal numbers between horde and alliance, which is why not much has been done for the alliance, the thing is, amongst the active and hardcore fanbase, the horde is FAR FAR more popular, for the content that drives the game and determines it's next step, it's horde horde horde majority amongst the fans, thanks to the development from 2006-2018, this kept building even when the horde over took the alliance in TBC-WotLK as dominant faction for all end game content.. the gap kept gorwing and is a chasm..

The casuals and newbies, seldom played characters, alts, and low activity populate the alliance heavily.

I'm saying that you have this because the night elves are not actually that cared for by the devs, the devs have favourites and can't write a more balanced story nor will they favour the night elves, and you have current night elf development because you the fans want it far more so than the devs. It will remain so until enough devs or the creative lead really likes htis race as passionately as they did back in WC3.

Evidences? The greatly diminished role, presence, effects and portrayals of the night elves in world of warcraft, especially from TBC onwards (where the blood elves replaced them in the hearts of most devs). Further evidence? Legion, the night elf expansion and revival patch - or so it was meant to be at first. Instead they took night elf legacy in the broken isles and gave it to the horde, that was the loudest statement ever they made, not because it's horde, but because the Nightborne were developed away from the night elves and blood elfed instead (if i may make up a word). If they were concerned about the night elves, you would see a strong night elf identity in the horde aligned and blood elf loving Nightborne.. they could still be on the horde and still like the blood elves (though I think that would have changed if they night elf love was shared strongly amongst the team). That they were kaldorei sub-race would be strongly evident, rather than minimised like it is .. but I admit this could still be the case and the main reason for not seeing it is because they simply haven't actually done any serious Nightborne development or focus since 7.x ... which again is proof that night elves, including their sub-race are really secondary.

And the reason this is hard on their biggest fans is because they use to be centre stage in Warcraft series best story stage, WC3, and these fans, like myself have wanted them to be that way again to the universe, but their developers have not. Which is why they haven't.

This is also why Gnomes will never be centre stage and a lot of other races, but unlike night elves, Gnomes were not created to be centre stage, not all races are there in the lore to have equal relevance. but in warcraft 3, the alliance, the horde, the night elves and the undead were the for great groups.. the night elves dominate their faction, whereas the horde and alliance have several races sharing the limelight..this made the night elves more impressive.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2021-05-12 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post

I mean originally it wasn't even meant for Tyrande. Maiev Shadowsong was the one for whom they originally created the Night Warrior, clearly inspired by her "shade of vengeance" from Warcraft 3. But then because Tyrande, the actual leader, would be left doing squat, they decided it would be more appropriate for Tyrande to get it. I honestly would have loved for Maiev to have been the one, she has the drive and the personality of an avenger. They could have just created something different for Tyrande.

EDIT: With the added bonus that Maiev is not a racial leader and is not constrained by the inevitability of returning to a status quo. They could go full ham in any direction.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    it was a terrible idea in first place
    Debatable. Tyrande stepping up and having a rather relatable respaonce to the events of the story and utilizing weird poorly explained power to headline some segment of story was actually pretty good concept to get elven themes into the limelight....

basically undoing that for a harmony good ending for some halfassed talk-no-jutsu is just hilariously bad however. I'd have opted for Tyrande throwing herself into even more vengeful bloodthirst and going so out of hand that she would basically be the next Garrosh/Sylvanas/whatever or self implode on the power to showcase how destructive the power she was using was....

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post

The issue is that they refuse to give the position they "deserve" but at the same time burn Teldrazzil.
    They don't want the Kaldorei to be the center of attention but they make a splash on Suramar.
    And so we go on and on. We fans don't usually complain if you don't bother us. But Blizzard has to come to bother us for some morbid or hatred that he has against the race.

After Legion the Kaldorei should be guarded for 2 or 3 expansions. But as they burned Teldrazzil now they will have to merge them in history until they take revenge. They forced themselves to write about the race that they did not want to write and not only that but almost all the attention ended there.

There are factions of Sw that I did not see a topic in any forum but there are always 1 or 2 topics from the burning of Teldrazzil.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    I mean originally it wasn't even meant for Tyrande. Maiev Shadowsong was the one for whom they originally created the Night Warrior, clearly inspired by her "shade of vengeance" from Warcraft 3. But then because Tyrande, the actual leader, would be left doing squat, they decided it would be more appropriate for Tyrande to get it. I honestly would have loved for Maiev to have been the one, she has the drive and the personality of an avenger. They could have just created something different for Tyrande.

EDIT: With the added bonus that Maiev is not a racial leader and is not constrained by the inevitability of returning to a status quo. They could go full ham in any direction.
    Maiev may have brought revenge and then been silenced by Tyrande who was seeking reconstruction.
    In the end we have .. nothing.

Night Warrior story isn't over, just the goopy wrath stuff.

Seems like it was mostly just implying that Elune's powers are weird.

Wow, that's a disappointment.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lore has been dogshit since cataclysm how is anybody still surprised the story sucks is the real question here
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Wow, that's a disappointment.
    You dont say... feels like opening a can of soda only to find out that its tap water. And only half empty too.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Lore has been dogshit since cataclysm how is anybody still surprised the story sucks is the real question here
    There are different levels of bad wow has always had bad lore but it’s never been forgive and forget genocide levels of bad lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Mop gave a lot of us hope with how it actually introduced and/or built up great side characters... that did bugger all afterwards or got off screen killed for no reason... RIP Taylor, you deserved better than becoming a ghost in someone's garrison.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    Debatable. Tyrande stepping up and having a rather relatable respaonce to the events of the story and utilizing weird poorly explained power to headline some segment of story was actually pretty good concept to get elven themes into the limelight....

basically undoing that for a harmony good ending for some halfassed talk-no-jutsu is just hilariously bad however. I'd have opted for Tyrande throwing herself into even more vengeful bloodthirst and going so out of hand that she would basically be the next Garrosh/Sylvanas/whatever or self implode on the power to showcase how destructive the power she was using was....
    what u saw as 'stepping up', i saw as just idiotic rage with no consequence, just hate and anger for sake of hate and anger
    no one wants sylvannas alive, why she is angry against ppl who wants the same thing as her?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Do you remember the very first time you logged into WoW? How cool everything was. You got to see the beautiful and lush world of the fearsome Night Elves. These near feral warriors who trust no one. You got to live in that world an... Wait... did... Did she just bounce like a drunk college girl? Oh god, they're all doing it?

That's pretty much what this feels like again. Just incredibly disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    what u saw as 'stepping up', i saw as just idiotic rage with no consequence, just hate and anger for sake of hate and anger
    no one wants sylvannas alive, why she is angry against ppl who wants the same thing as her?
    Why do those people who want the same thing as you want to kill you and your whole family?
    And they have done it happily several times and never showed even the slightest sign of remorse.

Whoever attacks my friends is my enemy. It doesn't matter he also attacks my enemies.