Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Lore has been dogshit since cataclysm how is anybody still surprised the story sucks is the real question here
    because they also introduce a lot of good ideas, most artifact lore is interesting for example in Legion, i loved to read every artifact story, in fact i can't name any artifact lore who was disappointing, beside hunter MM one :| (but that's my opinon, showing Alleria later as a shadow hunter ruined it imo)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    what u saw as 'stepping up', i saw as just idiotic rage with no consequence, just hate and anger for sake of hate and anger
    no one wants sylvannas alive, why she is angry against ppl who wants the same thing as her?
    Because those people who want the same thing has her are the same ones who stood with sylvanas in killing the majority of her population and then defended her when the alliance for for retribution?

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    And in Shadowlands everyone says Avatar of Vengeance is bad
    And she gets her ass kicked
    And now she doesn't wanna be Avatar of Vengeance anymore.
    We actually don't know if she gets her ass kicked, she might kick Sylvanas since after the fight Sylvanas and her henchmen are gone...

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Yeeep. Originally she actually lost to Nathanos and had to be saved by Malf.
    I don't think that was the case but originally she was just autohitting Nathanos... and there was no empowerment by the Valkyr, it was pretty bad.
    Last edited by Hellspawn; 2021-05-12 at 06:28 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    What's this?

Tyrande, the character that no one expected to do anything... Isn't doing anything!
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    What's this?

Tyrande, the character that no one expected to do anything... Isn't doing anything!
    People expected her to do something because they thought Blizz were about to give them at least that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    So Tyrande became Avatar of Vengeance
    And people kept telling her to not be Avatar of Vengeance
    And in Shadowlands everyone says Avatar of Vengeance is bad
    And she gets her ass kicked
    And now she doesn't wanna be Avatar of Vengeance anymore.

Brilliant story.

Also, isn't that the most patronizing thing that ever existed? Her entire race was reduced to 1/10th of the population, their lands razed, capital burned. Whatever blessings Teldrassil provided (it provided some, right) are now gone. And everyone is just telling Tyrande to chill out, geez, let bygones be bygones.
    This is way too painfully accurate. WoW nowadays is all about excusing guilty parties like Sylvanas and patronizing those who seek justice. Both in the case of Uther and Tyrande, we see platitudes about how "vengeance is bad" while at the same time the story is trying to whitewash scumbags like Sylvanas with her upcoming redemption and Arthas constantly being foreshadowed as "misjudged".

what u saw as 'stepping up', i saw as just idiotic rage with no consequence, just hate and anger for sake of hate and anger
    no one wants sylvannas alive, why she is angry against ppl who wants the same thing as her?
    Because as other dude said, those people were genociding night elves without a second thought and only went against Banshee because she personally betrayed them.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    This is way too painfully accurate. WoW nowadays is all about excusing guilty parties like Sylvanas and patronizing those who seek justice. Both in the case of Uther and Tyrande, we see platitudes about how "vengeance is bad" while at the same time the story is trying to whitewash scumbags like Sylvanas with her upcoming redemption and Arthas constantly being foreshadowed as "misjudged".
    The interesting thing is that history shows you again and again why revenge is good and then they want to sell you that it is bad.
    It is not that they are writing a story like Maiev's that she is going crazy because of her thirst for revenge.
    Tyrande was never insane with revenge in all her time as an avatar of revenge. She never attacked an ally and was always willing to listen to the enemy. Besides that no one died from her thirst for revenge.

Instead Teldrazzil happens not to crush the Horde after Garrosh.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/astarii...poilers-322309
    According to some datamined broadcast text (source yet to be found as of the time of this post), it is discovered that Tyrande did not get cleansed from the Night Warrior's power, but instead managed to control it with Elune's intervention. Tyrande is still in possession of the power of the Night Warrior, but in a way in which she is no longer threatened by it. Will we see another demonstration of the Night Warrior in the future?
    When I first became the Night Warrior, it was with full knowledge that I might very well sacrifice my life to attain justice for the kaldorei. Such is often the fate of those who channel Elune's unmitigated fury. The power of the goddess still flows through me, but no longer does it threaten to tear me asunder. I cannot say how I will wield it in the future... only that I must do so for the good of my people.

So if this is correct, Tyrande can still use the Night Warrior... with no downside in the future...

People expected her to do something because they thought Blizz were about to give them at least that much.
    Honestly why did you expect it? It is night elf story, this was bound to happen just as it always does. The only development they will get is as human stooges.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    So if this is correct, Tyrande can still use the Night Warrior... with no downside in the future...
    She is once again in line with Anduins grand vision, so her powerup is pretty much pointless, since she won't use it.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    This whole "Night Warrior"-plot line was incredibly pointless from the get-go.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    She is once again in line with Anduins grand vision, so her powerup is pretty much pointless, since she won't use it.
    Not really, she did not talk about peace with the Horde or anything like that (Don't get me wrong that could still happen). She talked about renewal as the highest priority. She did not say that retribution is bad or anything along that line.

Not really, she did not talk about peace with the Horde or anything like that (Don't get me wrong that could still happen). She talked about renewal as the highest priority. She did not say that retribution is bad or anything along that line.
    Being blizzard. I doubt this doesn't end in "peace and love with the Horde who did nothing to deserve it." (With the kaldorei)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Because those people who want the same thing has her are the same ones who stood with sylvanas in killing the majority of her population and then defended her when the alliance for for retribution?
    then why did she forgive humans for attacking them alongside orcs in wc3, did she forget wc3 events by time of wow
    nvm humans never do wrong in wow, they are the shiniest of shinies with zero faults
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

If you want to believe that feel free to do so, blizz track record speaks very much against this.

During her entire WoW history Tyrande has done nothing noteworthy against the horde, why would that change? Especially with her once again neutered outlook.

There isnt much to talk about in terms of the latest Ardenweald quests (on PTR) and how we “save” Tyrande from night warrior “curse”. But she also gets a new model in 9.1 which only has one difference - her eyes now glow like other night elves and no longer dark.

But i see some people claiming that night elf fans “overreact” about it and that her losing her anger and focusing more on “going forward and rebuilding rather then on vengeance” is not that bad.

It is quite bad though, and allow me to explain why.

Its simple - every time night elves “rebuild” they only do that to get ruined again later and usually shown more and more pathetic and toothless each time it happens because consecutive losses and humiliations build up an image of not only weak people, but also a people that never learns from their past defeats.

They were rebuilding after Warcraft 3 and then got attacked and ruined in Cata, all their “rebuilding” turned back to zero again.

Then they were rebuilding after MoP after giving up fight for Azshara and they got attacked in BfA and ruined even harder this time, losing not only all what they built in Ashenvale but also Darkshore (which was also ravaged by Cataclysm before) and Teldrassil.

So if they just start rebuilding twice-ruined land for the third time in a row... Well, you can see why that dosent inspire confidence in their fans.
    I am saying this a night elf druid main since the launch of this game.

yes and no. I am happy she is not a garrosh 3.0.
    Do i like the ending what is shown so far on the ptr. Kinda weak. But its a decent way to end it.

I agree with the rebuilding stuff. First of ...how? Ashenvale might still have horde in it and was wrecked. Darkshore was turned into a gaint death camp and is blighted in several spots. And teldrassil is just a gaint ass kindiling. So rebuild where?
    And yes, its like with Jaina proudmoore and the horde. How many times are we going fall for the horde's...lets be friends BS?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Honestly why did you expect it? It is night elf story, this was bound to happen just as it always does. The only development they will get is as human stooges.
    exactly
    tbh since wow started and blizz just suck humans d8cks for some unknown reason, they are the best at anything and everything, they lead alliance even if both dwarfs and nelfs (specially nelfs) are way better to lead, then a literal immortal race join alliance and guess what? humans still lead
    I never understood how can nelf accept human leadership, how can a 15k years old listen to a 15 years old? this is exactly like u listen to a just fresh born baby how to lead and rule, if i do 1 push up every day i still will do more than a human can ever achieve in his entire life, i probably have sperm in my balls older than most living humans yet nelfs for no reason obey humans
    and don't get me started with blizz fetish of hot bimbo elves fall for the amazing alpha human male
    Thrall

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    Being blizzard. I doubt this doesn't end in "peace and love with the Horde who did nothing to deserve it." (With the kaldorei)
    If that's the story they are going for sure but I think the right moment for that is already over. But I could also see that the armistice between the factions will not hold for long.

exactly
    tbh since wow started and blizz just suck humans d8cks for some unknown reason, they are the best at anything and everything, they lead alliance even if both dwarfs and nelfs (specially nelfs) are way better to lead, then a literal immortal race join alliance and guess what? humans still lead
    I never understood how can nelf accept human leadership, how can a 15k years old listen to a 15 years old? this is exactly like u listen to a just fresh born baby how to lead and rule, if i do 1 push up every day i still will do more than a human can ever achieve in his entire life, i probably have sperm in my balls older than most living humans yet nelfs for no reason obey humans
    and don't get me started with blizz fetish of hot bimbo elves fall for the amazing alpha human male
    Partially I think they are just too lazy writing something interesting for the Alliance. The hyper focus of the Alliance on humans is really boring.
    Last edited by Hellspawn; 2021-05-12 at 07:09 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    then why did she forgive humans for attacking them alongside orcs in wc3, did she forget wc3 events by time of wow
    nvm humans never do wrong in wow, they are the shiniest of shinies with zero faults
    maybe because the human's did kill the majority of there population going out of there way to target there largest civilian population? any other stupid questions?

exactly
    And literally for no reason. We don't even know why they are in the Alliance.

If that's the story they are going for sure but I think the right moment for that is already over. But I could also see that the armistice between the factions will not hold for long.
    That would be the Final insult to the Kaldorei.
    I mean, it would be saying "they were always right, indeed, the whole story of forgiveness is wrong. But we force them to accept it again just to laugh at you."