Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Its all bullshit, time-gated crap that will be made easier in 9.3 or whatever...We all know it will happen. .
    Amen, brother!

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    So if they are just now starting to "wake up" that indicates a change of heart, which means they did not agree to begin with. As i said, some people still believe it is too easy now, even in this very thread.
    Yes, during beta they kept spouting the same shit as people in this thread and downvoted people explaining why it'll be bad. Now it's full of threads about how it's bad in exactly the ways that were predicted. Imagine if people didn't blindly give Blizzard the benefit of the doubt on new systems.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

So if they are just now starting to "wake up" that indicates a change of heart, which means they did not agree to begin with. As i said, some people still believe it is too easy now, even in this very thread.

Also i have seen this "ultra casual" term thrown around a lot lately, am I a bit behind the times? What is the difference between a "casual" and an "ultra casual"? Its like those guilds that advertise as "semi hardcore" raid teams - like wtf does that even mean?
    Casual means terrible at the game ultra casual means some of the more difficult world quests filters them.

Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    just wait until you wanna go from exalted aldor to exalted scryers then come back to me
    At least one could grind that at your own phase. And it was a one-time thing =/ I just don't want stuff locked behind gameplay-choice...Cant play without convoke, so cant switch atm.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I do, you just have to go back months if you want to see my posts tearing into how bad the system sounded prior to implementation and the multiple solutions I proposed in those same posts that would've allowed people to switch in a timely manner while still discouraging people from swapping Covenants.

If you actually want to read them specifically, I think I made them in November 2020-January 2021 (I'm not gonna bother digging through my posts to find them, I completely gave up on expecting Blizzard fixing what I view as critical issues with SL back in February).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

As i said, some people still believe it is too easy now, even in this very thread.
    I would love to live in this parallel dimension where the day is 72 hours long and also ... I don't need to work 10 hours per day.
    Sorry for the sarcasm but haha ... sometimes I wanted to be like Charles Xavier to get into the minds of people who think that changing covenants is very easy and fast nowadays... and should be something more difficult.
    You know ... just to try to understand this kind of masochism.

Just play a WL. For them every covenant sucks equally so there's little difference between them. I wish every covenant would work this way: No good abilities, no Covenant is overpowered, no abilities will be missed once SL is over.

But expecting to switch covenants because you assume you would do better with another one is stupid. Most covenants offer similar utility, stick to one and learn to play with it.

Also i have seen this "ultra casual" term thrown around a lot lately, am I a bit behind the times? What is the difference between a "casual" and an "ultra casual"? Its like those guilds that advertise as "semi hardcore" raid teams - like wtf does that even mean? It always just comes across as "we are not as good as we like to think we are, but want to include the word "hardcore" in our ad". Anyway, thats pretty off topic, just starting to see more and more terms coming out to identify different groups, and im not really sure why they are needed. (not a dig at you at all)
    Take a look at the kind of content that takes up most of the front page of /r/wow, that should explain why it's "ultra casual".
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Wanted to swap my Druid to Necrolord for some better attempts at PvP, I was already on the path to go Kyrian from awhile back so had to finish that 100% quest, and now I'm waiting another reset before I can then do the 100% quest for Necrolord, to then wait another week to do the quest again to finally become Necrolord..

Does anyone else find this an extremely irritating system? I have to wait 2 resets before I can start the 40 renown grind as Necro... until then I have to chill as a Kyrian for 2 weeks, yay... I've legit just afk'd my Druid until reset now.
    All you have to do op is create 3 more Droods and you're SET

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    You can't switch classes by doing a quest right?
    Terrible comparison. It's limiting game design. It restricts spec experimentation by applying some bullshit arbitrary grind.

I look forward to the covenant switching system being little more than talking to an NPC in 9.3

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Take a look at the kind of content that takes up most of the front page of /r/wow, that should explain why it's "ultra casual".
    Fair enough - i dont really go to redit ever - just doesnt interest me to be honest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Terrible comparison. It's limiting game design. It restricts spec experimentation by applying some bullshit arbitrary grind.

I look forward to the covenant switching system being little more than talking to an NPC in 9.3
    You mean right before the entire system as scrapped? Personally one of my favorite times in wow is the pre-patch, were its a total lottery, balance doesnt matter, and everything is "free" - only for a very short time, but it is quite fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

You mean right before the entire system as scrapped? Personally one of my favorite times in wow is the pre-patch, were its a total lottery, balance doesnt matter, and everything is "free" - only for a very short time, but it is quite fun.
    since when is a X.3 patch "right before the entire system is scrapped"?? The last X.3 patch lasted 267 days.......

8.3 release date - 20th January 2020
    9.0 pre-patch - 13th October 2020

I wonder if the same people who asked for choice to matter, to be permanent, and to have real consequences that impacted their gameplay are the same people who would complain about how Covenants have worked out. I don't imagine the cross-over is very large, but I do wonder how many there are that think differently now that they're actually experiencing it. Is it just the execution that people don't like, or was this entire idea doomed to fail from the beginning? I think allowing to change takes away the gravity of the choice a lot, but punishing people for picking one way for power would potentially just encourage people to reroll or have multiple characters. I think making swapping possible but laborious was maybe the best way to go about this. There will always be a subsection of the community that only cares about performance, about optimizing, about numbers, and for those players which admittedly with data we know is a large part of the player-base overwhelmingly so - can we really say a choice would matter to anyone if it had only impacted story? Can we say that people cared significantly more about the Loyalist questline, for example, than Covenants right now? I wonder what the consensus is on that. While no doubt I think people would probably say they prefer one over the other, I specifically wonder about how much impact their choice felt in regards to the other. One was just a story choice, admittedly one people may as well just dismiss after the situation is over. With gameplay being impacted, I think the feeling is definitely more tangible. And while people have reacted strongly to the situations around the Fourth War, I wonder if they actually care as intensely as they do about the power they get from a Covenant. There's probably a bit of drop-off for players who just set the best option and never worry about it again. But with things like the impact to dungeons, and the home areas and storylines still offered by the Covenants, on top of the cosmetics supplied still, in addition to the power... can it really be less than the Loyalist example in totality? I wonder.

since when is a X.3 patch "right before the entire system is scrapped"?? The last X.3 patch lasted 267 days.......

8.3 release date - 20th January 2020
    9.0 pre-patch - 13th October 2020
    And how much meaningful content was released during that time? One tier?
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Guilford View Post
    Weird. Where does all the time in your day even go?
    That's not how we make that count, dude.
    To continue, I need to ask you: What is the average time that a player needs to swap covenant like ... from the initial quest for this ... until Renown 40 in the new covenant?

Do what i did. Quit the game, its trash atm.

And how much meaningful content was released during that time? One tier?
    you're joking right? 8.3 was more than half the total duration of the entire expansion......

I wonder, is it possible to play the game without choosing a covenant at all? I wonder how most classes would perform at max level without having chosen a covenant at all.

you're joking right? 8.3 was more than half the total duration of the entire expansion......
    I didn't say duration - you brought that up, not me. I asked how many tiers of the expansion - how many seasons had been and gone before this was the case for ONE season, and then a long, meaningless drought. I mean shit, if you are happy with the system being totally shit for 2-3 tiers, just so it can be "ok" for one before being removed from the game entirely, that's your choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by spalernTJ View Post
    I wonder, is it possible to play the game without choosing a covenant at all? I wonder how most classes would perform at max level without having chosen a covenant at all.
    Depends what you mean by "play the game". It's entirely possible to play the game without going beyond lvl 10. You could never leave stormwind, or undercity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Goat7 View Post
    Do what i did. Quit the game, its trash atm.
    Why would you encourage people to quit? Does them playing impact you in some way? Does it anger you that others still enjoy the game?

I didn't say duration - you brought that up, not me. I asked how many tiers of the expansion - how many seasons had been and gone before this was the case for ONE season, and then a long, meaningless drought. I mean shit, if you are happy with the system being totally shit for 2-3 tiers, just so it can be "ok" for one before being removed from the game entirely, that's your choice.
    Why do multiple tiers matter? At the end of the day, we all know they are going to relax the restrictions eventually in a later patch and are making you waste your own time until then.

It was hardly a 'meaningless drought' when there was significantly more to do in game during a 'drought' than there actually is now.