Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Ame's new costume is pretty damn kawaii.
    mmmm those outfits seem a little familiar

10+ Year Old Account
    Japan is weird again:

Its ok movie, but not the best in world.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh no Fumetsu no Anata e Ep 5 will trigger twitter.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Overlord is getting a season 4 And a movie after it. (holy kingdom arc)

And Komi cant communicate is getting an anime adaption.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    And Komi cant communicate is getting an anime adaption.
    And with that, what manga-only things are there left? I feel like all the popular ones that I'm aware of have announced an anime adaptation lately.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    And with that, what manga-only things are there left? I feel like all the popular ones that I'm aware of have announced an anime adaptation lately.
    For the past 4 years Gunk no Baltzar and Attack on Titan were the only manga I was keeping up with and really excited for. Now that AoT is over, it's pretty much just Baltzar. I'd be super hyped if it got an anime adaptation... but given the state of the anime industry, I doubt that the anime would do the manga justice. Every season of attack on titan after season 1 didn't do the manga justice either.

Gunka no Baltzar is a military manga set during an alternate fantasy late 1800s Europe, mainly during the unification of fantasy German states by NOT-Bismarck.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post

Personally, I'd be absolutely HYPED like a child opening presents on Christmas day for Gunka no Baltzar to receive an anime adaptation, preferably by Studio Bones or Studio WIT, and directed by Yasuhiro Irie (who directed FMA:B). Given the grounded nature of the setting, detailed uniforms and backgrounds, and character focused plot, it would be interesting to see what a Kyoto Animation adaptation would look like (if they even considered it, since KyoAni doesn't seem to be in the business of adapting manga for long stretches of time). Would probably look like the most amazing on-screen portrayal of Prussian awesomeness since The Legend of the Galactic Heroes, possibly even more awesome. An OLM Inc adaptation (the guys behind the 1997 Berserk adaptation) would also be great... if they still had the guys who were responsible for producing that adaptation, that is. Production I.G. from the Seirei no Moribito adaptation could also work as an alternative.

Anyways, given Akira Senju's amazing orchestral score for FMA:B, I have no doubt that the soundtrack of GnB would be safe in his hands. Along with Yasuhiro Irie, he'd be able to capture the peaceful country-side life of Basseland and the Norden-Trade Duchy, the cacophony of organized military battles, the dread of sweeping artillery fire, and the sorrow of the surviving soldiers as the reminiscent over their fallen brothers. He's the perfect composer for GnB!

The series - like FMA:B - switches between highly detailed, realistically proportioned characters in a military environment, to chibi characters during lighthearted and comedic gags and when explaining battle tactics. If Yasuhiro Irie was responsible for storyboarding FMA:B's perfect comedic timing and use of chibi characters, then he's my man for directing a GnB adaptation. It helps that GnK is paced and tonally similar to FMA:B anyways, so there's that. Chalky or watercolor backgrounds would work wonders for GnB's antiquated era.

As for voices, I think it would be wonderful to hear GnB be voiced by actual German VAs for authenticity's sake, but since I'm talking about an English dub and I have no idea if it's even possible to get German VAs to dub GnB in English (so I can hear a story that takes place in fantasy Prussia be voiced by Germans in understandable English...), I'll just list the typical Western dub VAs I'd love to hear.

Dream English VAs for GnB adaptation:
    Spoiler: 

- Matthew Mercer as Major Bernd Baltzar

- Patrick Seitz as Reiner August Winklefeldt

- Lucien Dodge as Dieter Strunz

- Steve Staley as Ruldoph von Liebknecht

- Bruce Elliott as Hermann Groener

- Peter Beckman (Giliath Osborne from Falcom's LoH series) as Holst Von Stauffenberg

- Eric Vale (He does the bloodthirsty yet respectable warrior quite well) as Captain Nielsen

- Blythe Danner as the Empress of Ezreich

Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2021-05-13 at 06:42 PM.

Dungeon Meshi is one manga i would like to see animated.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    There is always the eternal one, Yotsuba. Really highly rated, from the creator of another really big series in Azumanga Daioh, been running since 2003, and not even an OVA. The creator has said from the start that he doesn't want to do an anime since he doesn't think the series would work animated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Yes. Can't wait to see how our bony boi and co. overpower literally everything in their universe again.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Hopefully they'll either improve the CGI this time around or scale it the hell down. CGI in season 3 gave Berserk a run for its money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Spider Isekai - episode 18

At this point, the human plot is so awful I'm just completely skipping it.

It's nice that the MC is helping people, but word is going to spread along roads to other towns and she's going to be found out real quick. She needs to learn to create a familiar that looks like herself and leave the familiar behind to perform the healing while she gets out of dodge. Within a few days, big mom is going to show up and one shot the familiar. Maybe create a few familiars so that after big mom kills one and leaves, another familiar can come out of hiding and continue performing the healing.

Well, damn

Just found out that Miura, the author of Berserk, died a couple weeks ago.

- - - Updated - - -

As for the Berserk series itself, yeah the art was good but I tuned out after the Golden Age arc. Golden Age at least had hope. Then all of the likeable characters die, and you're just following Guts (who has become an unlikeable asshole) wandering around this hopeless world and there isn't really any plot advancement happening. 300 chapters and they never took out any of the godhand. 300 chapters and 0 out of the 5 big bads killed. Also, the chapter releases became extremely spoardic during the last decade, so I completely forgot about it for a long while.

- - - Updated - - -

Fruits Basket S3 E7

RIP Kureno. Hope that this isn't a fakeout death. Kureno choose to hang around these crazy people, and reaped the consequences of his poor choice. Again, good on Ayame and Hattori for cutting these awful women out of their life.

Lol at Shigure pulling a Gendo Akari and having apparently banged a mother AND her daughter. Um... seriously, how doesn't anyone have any STDs? Shigure banged Ren, and banged Akito, who banged Kureno, and they've all apparently banged multiple times. Pretty easy transmission. Anyway, Shigure is still stupid. He only lucked out that he wasn't the one who was shanked.

Akari was a pretty pathetic man, allowing himself to fall for the golddigger, and then giving into her demand that Akito has to be raised as a man. And then he made zero plans for Akito to be raised by a father figure or appointing someone else as the clan head, so he basically screwed over his clan by putting a girl in charge with no father figure to look up to, only an emotionally unstable witch to raise her. Ofcourse Akito was raised to be crazy, not that excuses Akito's actions.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2021-05-20 at 05:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Fruits Basket S3 E7

RIP Kureno. Hope that this isn't a fakeout death. Kureno choose to hang around these crazy people, and reaped the consequences of his poor choice. Again, good on Ayame and Hattori for cutting these awful women out of their life.

Lol at Shigure pulling a Gendo Akari and having apparently banged a mother AND her daughter. Um... seriously, how doesn't anyone have any STDs? Shigure banged Ren, and banged Akito, who banged Kureno, and they've all apparently banged multiple times. Pretty easy transmission. Anyway, Shigure is still stupid. He only lucked out that he wasn't the one who was shanked.
    I don't know if anyone's told you this, but STDs don't form just by having sex with multiple people. If none of them have STDs, of course they're not going to get STDs...

Not only that, but literally it would involve someone going outside of their circle to get one.

Thunderbolt Fantasy - S3E7

I quite like the depiction of the soldier's morale here as factoring into whether or not they would obey the order. Too often in fiction are soldiers depicted as mindless drones who will unquestioningly obey any order. Here, the soldiers are being ordered to work with an enemy that has been slaughtering their countrymen for the past several years, and to work with a witch. Ofcourse they're going "eh... no we're not doing this", with only Lin Setsu's intervention preventing them from completely deserting or mutinying.

Also, good on Wan for ordering his men to NOT engage the heroes. Too often in fiction are bad guys stupid, throwing wave after wave of men at a hero who has an impressive track record. The hero has survived all this shit; do you really think YOU are going to be the one to kill him now?

86 - episode 7

I started this last night. This is probably one of the best looking shows by A1-Pictures, though the 3D CGI is still lamentable. I do quite like the depiction of an evil republic. Too often, modern fiction glorifies democracy, white washing how corrupt it actually is, with the institution mainly serving to hide who the real decision makers are. The only other piece of Japanese fiction I've seen where the republic weren't the good guys was LoGH.

The show has a lot of the band die, but so far almost all of them have been fodders who had pretty much zero screentime. Only Dariya had any decent amount of screentime. I think it's obvious that the 5 characters on the poster are going to be safe for most of the show (plus they're the only members of the band with any screentime).

It seems pretty obvious that the show is going to end with the former territory of Galdia being given to the surviving 86/minority population of the republic, establishing their own country. Pretty much all of their land will be an urban wasteland (good luck trying to get investment to rebuild it!), but at least it will probably be better than living in the republic. The only way I can see them staying in the republic is if there is a military coup that reforms the republic, but so far it doesn't seem like there are a lot of dissatisfied officers in the republic, let alone sympathizers among the populace.

I am rather annoyed by the show's occasional delve into oscar bait crying anime territory, where you have overdramatic scenes of the girl crying and running and being emo with melodramatic music playing, but it's nowhere near as bad as Violet Evergarden and its ilk.

- - - Updated - - -

Just looked it up on MAL. Aw, looks like 86 is only going to be 11 episodes? I thought this was going to be like 24 or something. Not sure where I got that idea from.

Fruits Basket - S3 E8

*snore* Another darn filler episode! *snore*

Only thing that happened was a psycho with a knife showing up in the last 10 seconds of the episode.

You can completely skip this episode and you won't miss anything. This episode was the epitome of filler.

10+ Year Old Account
    You clearly do not know the definition of a filler episode.

Thunderbolt Fantasy - S3 E9

I can't tell if Lin Setsua was really brainwashed by S7B, or if he's immune and he's just faking being brainwashed. Alternatively, Lin could have used his illusion magic to swap places with Ken. Since Ken is married and only has eyes for his wife, he could be immune to be 7BD's enchantments.

I wonder if the mountain wizard in the past is going to forge a weapon for Shang to use in the present, or if he's just going to give Shang advice before sending him back to the present.

Xing Hai looking sexy at the end there.

- - - Updated - - -

86 - episode 8

Spoiler: 

Oh wow, there are only FIVE GUYS LEFT? I thought there were at least 5 other fodder characters still left. We're getting another cour, so we have... 16 episodes left. So we burned through like 20 fodders in just 8 episodes (2.5 deaths per episode), and now they're going to space out the 5 remaining character deaths over the course of the next 16 episodes (0.3 deaths per episode)? And probably at least one of them is going to survive the story so the attrition rate is going to be even less than that. Unless we get an infusion of new characters to blow up, there is going to be a lot of whiplash going from the intense dwindling party story of the first 7 episodes, to going to blatant plot armor invincible heroes for the rest of the show.

Main girl protagonist is still crying and virtue signaling. How about you get off your butt and actually help these guys escape, or take out the commanders of the Legion?

Spearhead should lead an exodus of 86s to another country. The government wants them dead and the war against the Legion is unwinnable, and even if the 86s do somehow manage to win the war against the Legion, the situation in San Magnolia will still remain unpleasant. I'm sure that other countries would LOVE to have hardened mecha pilots to instruct their own soldiers, and would probably pay Undertaker handsomely to do so.

The Spearhead members said that they were heroes to the 86s, in which case Spearhead would probably have enough sway to convince the other 86 units to leave along with them. "You know that we have seen the most heavy fighting. We know it is futile. Why not come along with us in search of a better home?"

Non-Alba minorities have been pushed outside the walls and are on the 86 bases, so picking them up is just a matter of going along the perimeter.

The mechas seem to be able to travel several KPH, and plus it seems that the units are allowed to sally without the command of an operator (Spearhead was operating in enemy territory without the protagonist even knowing about it and apparently it was a regular thing), so Spearhead could leave in the middle of the night, go around the perimeter, and take what people they can with them and be halfway to another country before headquarters starts realizing something is up.

It feels strange to me that Shin would place his desire for resolution (burying his brother's head) over using his position to save the other 86s.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2021-05-29 at 06:05 PM.

And now for something random...

10+ Year Old Account
    Spider realy went high budged for this ep :P

Thunderbolt Fantasy - S3 E10

Damn it, not another one of those "we can't change the past! We must accept loss even if we have the opportunity to change it!" speeches. First with Bleach, and then with Trails, and now Thunderbolt too? Seriously Lang, there's nothing stopping you from saving Tian and then telling Shang "btw, there is a giant demon god in the west, please go there and stop it".

Looks like we'll be eventually visit the alien wizard's homeland and meet him again.

With only 3 episodes left - barely 60 minutes of screen time - I'm really worried that not all of the subplots will be wrapped up by the end. We still have:
    Spoiler: 

• Xi You is being invaded by other countries.
    • Princess needs to be cured of her curse or removed from office.
    • Need to barge into the palace and find out what is up with the emperor.
    • Fight with (maybe brainwashed for real, maybe faking it) Lin Setsu, either freeing him or enabling his ploy to work.
    • Need to defeat Seven Blashemous Depths.
    • Need to defeat Kei Gei.
    • Need to defeat Monk (he's pretty much done nothing since getting a robot arm, I'm worried he's going to survive until the next season)
    • Need to defeat Mantis
    • Wan Jun needs to figure out his loyalties.
    • Shang needs to reunite with his one true love Tian.

86 - episode 9

First 3 minutes were intense, the rest was bad bait melodrama. I love the war stuff but the melodrama is awful.

Spider Isekai - episode 21

This entire episode was boring human stuff and teacher melodrama. Skimmed most of it. Only thing that happened was that she told them about the existence of the admins.

The 3D CGI armies are terrible. You know it's bad when the 2006 Utawarerumono anime's 3D CGI armies look better than this.