10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    To me this isn't a positive.
    It's either a bad study, or a bad description of one. Most people who have gotten vaccinated will say they're not afraid anymore. Funny that you mentioned 70% because the study said 30% are still worried, and that means there's a lot of people not vaccinated and not worried. The study should have had breakdowns of who is/isn't vaccinated.

That said:

While worry has fallen among all partisans, Democrats' has fallen the most, from 69% in February to 43% now. At the same time, Republicans' level of concern has dropped from 27% to 14% and independents' from 43% to 27%.
    That bolded is fucking suicidal. It's the Republican Party, lead by anti-vaxxer Trump, which is acting the most aggressively (yelling at people who ask them to mask up, threatening businesses that require social distancing, etc) and they also love conspiracy theories (see also: murderous insurrection) and are least likely to trust vaccines. So, they are/were the least worried and are/were the least vaccinated. Or at least, I will assume they are based purely on evidence we've all seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    De Santis, the FL governor (see also Fuck Florida), apparently has the ability to step in and "review" extradition requests.
    Suicide.

Not for DeSantis, this would get him votes. It's suicide for Trump.
    a) He'll never be able to leave the state again. I say this without evidence, but I'm still 87.26% sure that getting on an airplane when there's an arrest warrant out for you isn't going to go well. Yes, including private jets.
    b) Even if he does hide in his bunker, crying into his ice cream, there go his NY assets. NY will immediately move on what @Kellhound would call a "vendetta" by which he means "taking legal action that I don't happen to agree with" on everything taxes from the last 25 years. Again, I don't know the legal rules for this, but I'm pretty sure such a case would require Trump to take the stand -- and would be all the excuse needed for a directed verdict when the defense says "Your Honor, my client refuses to appear on the grounds that he'll immediately be arrested for treason".
    c) And then there's that fun little issue with the Mar-a-Lago rules about living there. Heh. I'm pretty sure the locals, who hate him, are within their rights to say "there's a clause in the contract that says no harboring fugitives, so we're ending your license, come out with your tiny hands up"
    d) And, purely for added fun, "aiding and abetting" could be used on literally everyone who walks in the front door indefinitely. Yes, even the taco truck guy.

If Trump tries to hide from this, it'll cost him even more than immediately complying, plus the fun for the whole family of seeing dragged, kicking and screaming like a spoiled toddler, to a helicopter with NY SWAT members and possibly Mueller.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I doubt Trump will just stay in Florida for the rest of his pathetic existence.
    Which is worse: going to prison forever, or going to Florida forever?

Bear in mind, while Trump currently owns Mar-a-Lago, he's about to become broke. Deustche Bank and the aforementioned NYState are the prime candidates to take all his ill-gotten money away when he breaks a contract (the former) or the law (the latter). No, @Kellhound, Deutsche Bank asking for their money back is also not a "vendetta". If Trump is lucky, he'll be able to structure some kind of payment that allows him to keep his self-imposed prison, which I will call "Bars-a-Lago". If not, because he's forced to file for personal bankruptcy and therefore cannot decide how his assets are sold off, he'll be thrown out into the street.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh man, sometimes the stars align.

“The statute leaves room for interpretation that the governor has the power to order a review and potentially not comply with the extradition notice,” Joseph Abruzzo, circuit court clerk of Palm Beach County, told Politico.

Abruzzo is reportedly a former associate of President Biden's younger brother, Frank, but he told the outlet that “the full extent of the law will be followed and carried out appropriately, without bias.”
    You can't make this shit up.

Once again, to jump out in front of any accusations of "vendetta" if a legal arrest warrant comes to Palm Beach and the person officially tasked with handling it just happens to be a friend of Trump's opponent's brother, it's not a "vendetta" when the legal arrest warrant is served. That's literally justice. Or, Abruzzo could just take a personal day and recuse himself.

- - - Updated - - -

Trump's private life seems to be falling apart, too. I don't know how much Trump is paying Melania not to divorce him, but it's not enough to be seen with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    c) And then there's that fun little issue with the Mar-a-Lago rules about living there. Heh. I'm pretty sure the locals, who hate him, are within their rights to say "there's a clause in the contract that says no harboring fugitives, so we're ending your license, come out with your tiny hands up"
    I thought they already ruled that "living there" clause didn't apply to trump. Something about there being an exception for employees, and they consider Trump an employee.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    I thought they already ruled that "living there" clause didn't apply to trump.
    They did, at least for now. But the license is handed out by the city, and I would be shocked, shocked I tell you, if city didn't allow the license to be revoked if Mar-a-Lago started harboring fugitives.

In other news, Black Republican Woman and Pot calling the kettle Black, Candace Owens called Chrissy Teigen a 'massive, disgusting hypocrite'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Weren’t we just talking about them wanting to clap him in NJ instead of FL?
    Yes. But I don't think the warrant is a few minutes away. This particular criminal needs to be caught more securely than any.

10+ Year Old Account
    Suicide.

Not for DeSantis, this would get him votes. It's suicide for Trump.
    a) He'll never be able to leave the state again. I say this without evidence, but I'm still 87.26% sure that getting on an airplane when there's an arrest warrant out for you isn't going to go well. Yes, including private jets.
    b) Even if he does hide in his bunker, crying into his ice cream, there go his NY assets. NY will immediately move on what @Kellhound would call a "vendetta" by which he means "taking legal action that I don't happen to agree with" on everything taxes from the last 25 years. Again, I don't know the legal rules for this, but I'm pretty sure such a case would require Trump to take the stand -- and would be all the excuse needed for a directed verdict when the defense says "Your Honor, my client refuses to appear on the grounds that he'll immediately be arrested for treason".
    d) And, purely for added fun, "aiding and abetting" could be used on literally everyone who walks in the front door indefinitely. Yes, even the taco truck guy.

If Trump tries to hide from this, it'll cost him even more than immediately complying, plus the fun for the whole family of seeing dragged, kicking and screaming like a spoiled toddler, to a helicopter with NY SWAT members and possibly Mueller.
    Again, Trump is an individual. De Santis cannot prevent Trump from being arrested by the federal government and transported out of the state. He also cannot legally decline to extradite Trump if New York has a valid warrant.

- - - Updated - - -

Which is worse: going to prison forever, or going to Florida forever?

Bear in mind, while Trump currently owns Mar-a-Lago, he's about to become broke. Deustche Bank and the aforementioned NYState are the prime candidates to take all his ill-gotten money away when he breaks a contract (the former) or the law (the latter). No, @Kellhound, Deutsche Bank asking for their money back is also not a "vendetta". If Trump is lucky, he'll be able to structure some kind of payment that allows him to keep his self-imposed prison, which I will call "Bars-a-Lago". If not, because he's forced to file for personal bankruptcy and therefore cannot decide how his assets are sold off, he'll be thrown out into the street.
    You really fail to grasp the difference between an organization and a person...

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Again, Trump is an individual. De Santis cannot prevent Trump from being arrested by the federal government and transported out of the state. He also cannot legally decline to extradite Trump if New York has a valid warrant.

You really fail to grasp the difference between an organization and a person...
    But its not the feds its the state of new york right?

Also one state can deny extradition, especially in florida thanks to their specific laws.

NJ has the same law, but they won't do anything about it

New York itself has been in a lot of fights over trying to get criminals brought to NY to stand trial.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

https://www.thedailybeast.com/barry-...uzanne-morphew

FOUND ANOTHER CASE OF VOTER FRAUD!!!

Woman disappears into the forest and is missing for months.
    She then submits a ballot for the election, with her husband as a witness.
    Apparently this raises no eyebrows, even though it came across the desk of local law enforcement.
    Later, after the husband has been charged with first-degree murder for killing his wife, they bother asking him about the ballot.

He just wanted Trump to win, so he voted illegally on behalf of his wife whom he allegedly murdered.

Only. The. Best. People.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Apparently this raises no eyebrows, even though it came across the desk of local law enforcement.
    Later, after the husband has been charged with first-degree murder for killing his wife, they bother asking him about the ballot.

He just wanted Trump to win, so he voted illegally on behalf of his wife whom he allegedly murdered.

Only. The. Best. People.
    Go big or go home!

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Only. The. Best. People.
    See? Trump told you so. Cancel the election results. It was rigged.

There's a disturbing number of people who cast fraudulent votes for Trump on the basis that "the other side is cheating, so I should cheat too to counter it." I very much hope this gets brought up in court some day.

Thursday's report:

39,825 new cases; a little over 8k fewer than last Thursday.

Top 5:

Fuck Florida.
    Texas: 2,626 new cases; 55 deaths
    Pennsylvania: 2,563 new cases; 37 deaths
    New York: 2,515 new cases; 42 deaths
    Michigan: 2,370 new cases; 118 deaths

The week's ending much as it was beginning, with Florida being the absolute worst. I haven't been paying much attention to Florida--because fuck Florida--but I think they're coming up on two solid weeks at the top of the list for new cases. Cases are still coming down nationally overall and the last state to have a "very high" risk level has dropped down to "high". Half of the country is now at "medium" risk. These are all vague classifications, but rest assured the colored maps used to be practically all red and are now half and half orange and yellow. 16 states now have a 50% or better vaccination (at least one dose) rate--and for the most part you can guess which ones make up the bottom 10 between 30-40%. Hint: "Y'all" features prominently in the vernacular in general.

762 deaths is over a hundred fewer than last Thursday and brings the total to 598,540. Michigan's odd reporting once again puts them on top and skews it high a bit, but California once again posted just over 100 deaths, which is about what they had last week. We're now hitting lower 7-day averages that we haven't had since before the Summer wave last year, so things continue looking better.

Related news:

U.S. officials hope new mask advice drives uptick in COVID shots--In case you weren't aware, the new advice is basically that if you've had your vaccine, it's up to you whether or not you want to wear a mask. I don't agree with this advice, for the record. Wear the fucking mask until we're through this, not just until YOU are through it. You're protected once you've had your vaccine, but the mask helps protect others who might not yet have it.

Florida Gov. says he'll pardon people charged with breaking COVID protocol--If you'll recall from two minutes ago, Florida has been topping the chart for most daily cases for the past couple weeks. Fuck DeathSantis and fuck Florida.

Stay safe, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    There's a disturbing number of people who cast fraudulent votes for Trump on the basis that "the other side is cheating, so I should cheat too to counter it." I very much hope this gets brought up in court some day.
    Erm... I don't think that's their reason. That is what they might tell us but the real reason is more sinister. They're hypocrites, scum of the earth. Vile people. Do you think they tried an insurrection because "the other side is doing it too"?

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Erm... I don't think that's their reason. That is what they might tell us but the real reason is more sinister. They're hypocrites, scum of the earth. Vile people. Do you think they tried an insurrection because "the other side is doing it too"?
    There are plenty of ordinary people mad at the system who've been duped into thinking the other side is cheating and think they need to take action to stop it. For some people, that's staging an insurrection to overthrow what they think is a corrupt counting of the electoral votes. For others, it's simply casting multiple votes to try and counter the cheating. I think the more sinister motivations come from those at the top doing the duping, not those who've simply bought into the lies.
    Last edited by DarkTZeratul; 2021-05-14 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    There are plenty of ordinary people mad at the system who've been duped into thinking the other side is cheating and think they need to take action to stop it.
    I might've bought that years ago. Doesn't work anymore. It's a personality cult, full of crazy people who dream of an authoritarian state.