Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    lol
    you know that most people actually dont like the influencer made changes
    you know it was ur fav influencers bellular/preach simping for less raid loot, some of their ideas were nice like letting change cov abilities like a talent tree ( i think this will actually happen post SL though) but all of the people on forums, and influencers- want the game to be made for like mythic raiders when that is a small percent of players.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Horrible idea, sorry.
    What do u think about feed-back section in Blizzard official website?
    Tell me, what do u think they analyze there.
    If 9 out of 10 Feral Druid is disappointed with this spec ... but 1 is happy with Feral Druid ... who do you think the devs will listen to??
    Would it be the majority?? If so ... the feed-back section that exists today ... is a horrible idea too??
    Or (in this case) the majority are right ?? Is there a better majority and .. a worse majority ?? How do we measure this ??
    Teach me sempai!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    What do u think about feed-back section in Blizzard official website?
    Tell me, what do u think they analyze there.
    If 9 out of 10 Feral Druid is disappointed with this spec ... but 1 is happy with Feral Druid ... who do you think the devs will listen to??
    Would it be the majority?? If so ... the feed-back section that exists today ... is a horrible idea too??
    Or (in this case) the majority are right ?? Is there a better majority and .. a worse majority ?? How do we measure this ??
    Teach me sempai!
    If you read on further from my reply to you but the reply below it, you would see more.

But the idea overall is not good. I'd rather more visibility on Dev interaction and notes/feedback/forum reaction.
    People voting for changes is not going to fix the majority of the problem either. And the numbers can be afflicted by the mass flood of influencer's viewers and the likes - as well, as we saw with our dear free mounts, their polls could be compromised as you could vote multiple times if you had multiple accounts.

Making a democratic vote on classes for example creates the main problem of FOTM and meta as well. Giving people the addition to voting for nerf or buffs is not going to fix those poor kitties because someone might've voted on something else, or doesn't care about feral.

I can't teach you the acts of the Dev's and Q&A with their systems, for I am not an employee of the company.

- - - Updated - - -

One of the major flaws with this idea is something you actually just said.

The voting can also be ruined by a majority vote for the 'lol' to either nerf or buff something.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Follow me:
    So I log in to play casual PVP. (Let's assume that I only play PVP and hate PVE ..)
    However, even in the casual PVP environment, I realize that people have 50% more HP, 20% more attack power etc ... and well ... always losing because I am weak is not so much fun.
    Okay, let's be strong then.
    So (hypothetically) I find that doing PVE environment I will equip me 3 times faster than just doing what I really like (casual PVP).
    So ... my decision is simple: I will do PVE, after all I want to be strong as soon as possible. As the Goblins say .. time is money, friend ..!
    So I do quests that I hate, walk the paths that I hate, talk to NPCs that I hate etc ...
    So, at this moment, Blizzard can see what I'm doing ... and automatically conclude that I love PVE?? That's it??
    Well ... then we are not talking about the same thing.
    What an absolutely perfect example!

You see, every problem you listed there is a problem that Blizzard already fixed years ago.
    - With Legion, there wasn't such a massive disparity between PvPers. Instead, an ilvl advantage of 10 was basically worth about 1% power in instanced PvP. The balance of success was shifted towards skill not gear. For those players that enjoyed stomping with there gear, World PvP was unscaled and allowed for that feeling of dominance to be expressed.
    - Gear wasn't on vendors, but rather was rewarded randomly and periodically at a rate roughly akin to what the average raider would acquire in a week. Thus, you couldn't just spam PvP to get your set started and thus weren't incentivized to either.

So why was all that changed? Why do we have the issue now of newbie getting stomped in PvP? Why is PvP the most straightforward way to acquire gear?

Because that's what the players asked for. The players wanted the PvP template removed. The players wanted PvP scaling removed. The players wanted all of their gear power fully expressed in PvP. Players wanted gear on a vendor. Players hated not being able to farm honor and get a full set in a week.

The players democratically got exactly what they asked for. Now the Team Red Bull streamers have footage of one-shotting 6 people with Divine Storm for their highlight reel.

It's almost as if giving people who have zero experience designing games, zero access to player data, and zero consideration for the interests of others the democratic reigns to make game design decisions is a bad idea. And my real point is that yes, you're already voting... because you still apparently spend all this time doing activities you hate and then posting on how we all should be allowed to design the game, instead of doing like I do - stop engaging in that garbage in game and then post online about how listening to players' dumb ideas ruined it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    Cutting edge or ahead of the curve and challenger and up.
    Yeah, like Ion Hazzikostas and Jeff Kaplan for example.

Or like the wealthy elite in real life!

10+ Year Old Account
    Only experienced players should have a say in gameplay changes. People who have been playing at a high level since at least wrath have more knowledge of the game than most current devs. MoP warlock, probably the greatest example of class design in WoW's history, was conceived thanks to direct communication from high level warlock players and the warlock dev.
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2021-05-13 at 01:32 PM.

I mean that just seems unfair... at the very worst I would like to think we are good to ourselves.
    It isn't unfair. What is unfair is you restricting who can vote to people who think like you so you can dictate the game. That isn't a democracy. Democracy involved all types of players with different playstyles, so one group of players aren't dictating to the other groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Akibaboy View Post
    What an absolutely perfect example!

You see, every problem you listed there is a problem that Blizzard already fixed years ago..
    Ye.. No!
    For a casual PVP player at this point (although it is entirely possible to equip yourself by doing casual PVP) the path to PVE is still the fastest WAY to purchase 200+ ilvl items
    What about xmogs ?? Is it possible to purchase all xmog by doing just casual PVP ?? No!
    Now think: Why not ??
    Imagine a world where you can get that golden xmog with blue details simply by making the PVE you like so much and I ... (with casual PVP) I can also get the same xmog simply by doing the casual PVP I like so much !!!
    Is it something so transgressive?
    I am not saying that the boy who cares for cars in a park deserves the same salary as a hospital manager. After all ... you and I pay the same sub ... and I'm not a boy and you're not a hospital manager.
    Capisce?

5+ Year Old Account
    Democracy is a very bad idea and seriously impedes almost every decision making process.

Quote Originally Posted by George Lucas View Post
    Democracy is a very bad idea and seriously impedes almost every decision making process.
    Yes, so I can only believe that you are leaving your country (probably a democracy since you have access to the internet and can say whatever you want) and go to live in North Korea, right?
    Or does this "democracy is bad" speech not apply to all things?
    C'mon George ... if you really thought so Darth Vader would have killed Luke in the first movie!

5+ Year Old Account
    Yes, so I can only believe that you are leaving your country (probably a democracy since you have access to the internet and can say whatever you want) and go to live in North Korea, right?
    Or does this "democracy is bad" speech not apply to all things?
    C'mon George ... if you really thought so Darth Vader would have killed Luke in the first movie!
    Why should I want to live with Korean people? That doesn't makes any sense. By that logic if another countries doesn't have something I dislike, I should leave my home behind and move there, instead of working towards abolishing what I don't like in the place where I grew up, where all my family and friends live, where my mother tongue is spoken. Also democracy is just a form of government. It doesn't inherently guarantees free speech or internet access.

Last edited by George Lucas; 2021-05-13 at 06:21 PM.

Even though the current WoW devs suck balls, I've seen enough of the idiots posting on this forum to know that it would be a complete disaster if the players had any say in things.

So, at this moment, Blizzard can see what I'm doing ... and automatically conclude that I love PVE?? That's it??
    no, they see you did pvp, kept loosing/dying, went to do pve, get gear, returned to pvp and never did pve again
    even idiot could figure out why you did pve...

btw, doing something you hate rather than something you like bcs it gets you results faster seems like needlessly stresing yourself...
    if you truly do love pvp so much just do that, you will get the same result just later, which isnt problem right? you do what you love after all...

- - - Updated - - -

thinking democracy is flawed (which it is) doesnt necessary mean you love totalitarian states... only sith deal in absolutes

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well..with the options you give people, I mostly see an opportunity to troll the shit out of the game.

You know like in this "democratic" poll: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boaty_McBoatface - but I guess in the end it was a great name, because "the people are more engaged in making decisions about ... what is better for the people?" ...and totally not about having a laugh.

Yep...I indeed expect us to get Holy Murloc as the next class...
    Calling a vote to name a boat 'democracy' is like calling the line-leader in a grade 1 classroom 'Mr. President'.

Quote Originally Posted by George Lucas View Post
    Why should I want to live with Korean people? That doesn't makes any sense. By that logic if another countries doesn't have something I dislike, I should leave my home behind and move there, instead of working towards abolishing what I don't like in the place where I grew up, where all my family and friends live, where my mother tongue is spoken. Also democracy is just a form of government. It doesn't inherently guarantees free speech or internet access.
    Ok George, you really need to understand a little better the HUGE difference between a place that lives under the laws of democracy ..and a place that does not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    doing something you hate rather than something you like bcs it gets you results faster seems like needlessly stresing yourself...
    if you truly do love pvp so much just do that, you will get the same result just later, which isnt problem right? you do what you love after all...
    You are (more or less) correct. Yes I can just do PVP and that's it. But my time (and that of many other people) is very little for fun so ... we ended up being forced to make content that we didn't want to get equipped faster.
    The ideal (correct) is that there should be a way in the game that would lead us to all the rewards in incredibly similar time ... yet letting us choose whether we are going to do it through PVE or PVP. That would be ideal.

5+ Year Old Account
    Ok George, you really need to understand a little better the HUGE difference between a place that lives under the laws of democracy ..and a place that does not.
    Wow, how embarrassing. I'm sorry.

You are (more or less) correct. Yes I can just do PVP and that's it. But my time (and that of many other people) is very little for fun so ... we ended up being forced to make content that we didn't want to get equipped faster.
    The ideal (correct) is that there should be a way in the game that would lead us to all the rewards in incredibly similar time ... yet letting us choose whether we are going to do it through PVE or PVP. That would be ideal.
    oh it would definitely be ideal, but blizz have kind of bad track record with that although, this expansion is a better in pvp gearing than bfa...
    in the meantime, theres no deadline (well, end of season but thats rather easy one) to get geared, so id take my time

Capisce?
    No.
    Your example has nothing to with mine. Your initial complaints are things Blizzard had already fixed and the players cried until it was removed.

Now you're talking about xmog. I'm fairly sure you'd be voted down into oblivion if you wanted a "democratic" vote that unique PvP rewards could also be acquired by "making the PVE". In fact, that's been a consistent complaint since Legion that PvP gear was just recolors instead of the unique sets they had from Wrath - WoD.

Could work so long as it was a restricted democracy.

Cutting edge or ahead of the curve and challenger and up.

Trasmog could be a free vote but just like the hidden forums on the official forums I wouldn't want votes for class or gameplay balance to be open to everyone.
    I think that sounds more like a stratocracy.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    I think that sounds more like a stratocracy.
    I mean a stratocracy is a restricted democracy though to be honest that is more a tyranny in practice as when the military takes control of something it usually keeps its ridged hierarchy.