Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Yup half as much of a boost. This 35$ gets you no levels. No items. Merely can play the game on both instead of choosing which.
    except this is literally not factual.

if you have a level 60 raid geared toon on a classic server, when TBC goes live you get a pop-up in game that says: do you want to migrate to TBC, or stay on a classic only server?
    you can pick either one for free - stay on a classic only server, or move to TBC.
    once you pick where to put your level 60, you can create a new character on either server type for free.

if you want your level 60 raid geared toon to move to TBC *and also* exist on a classic only server, that's 35 bucks.

so for 35 bucks you're getting your raid geared level 60 cloned on both a classic only and TBC server.
    it's not 'no levels and no items', it's not a fee for access to both classic and TBC, it's not a fee to be able to play one or the other with your pre-existing toon.
    it's a fee to have your pre-existing toon be cloned on both a vanilla server and a TBC server simultaneously. that is the equivalent to a boost (you're getting a free max level 60 character that is fully geared) for half the price.

so, given that this 35 dollars is better than a character boost and is half the price, and you don't currently seem to be on a tear about how boosts are too expensive, why is a half priced boost that is better than a normal boost 'too much'?
    Last edited by Malkiah; 2021-05-13 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malkiah View Post
    except this is literally not factual.

if you have a level 60 raid geared toon on a classic server, when TBC goes live you get a pop-up in game that says: do you want to migrate to TBC, or stay on a classic only server?
    you can pick either one for free - stay on a classic only server, or move to TBC.

if you want your level 60 raid geared toon to move to TBC *and also* exist on a classic only server, that's 35 bucks.

so for 35 bucks you're getting your raid geared level 60 cloned on both a classic only and TBC server.
    it's not 'no levels and no items', it's not a fee for access to both classic and TBC, it's not a fee to be able to play one or the other with your pre-existing toon.
    it's a fee to have your pre-existing toon be cloned on both a vanilla server and a TBC server simultaneously.
    I am actually ok with you doing this by the way because for some reason I have some activision stock in my 401k.

But I really dont see you making a against 35 being to high. I have said plenty of times charging is ok. My case is 35 is to high. I get its easier to try to force the comvorsation to a for or against. But that is not and never was what I am saying. Only that 35 is to high in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Because it's 2-3x the price of any of the services you mention.
    I mean... It's not though. Race change is $25, server transfer is $25. Is it more? Yup. Two to three times the price? Not even close.

But I really dont see you making a against 35 being to high. I have said plenty of times charging is ok. My case is 35 is to high. I get its easier to try to force the comvorsation to a for or against. But that is not and never was what I am saying. Only that 35 is to high in my opinion.
    i'm not forcing a conversation about for or against it, my entire post was literally explaining why you're wrong in saying that 35 is too high.

this 35 dollars is for a character boost that is better than a character boost and is half the cost of a character boost.
    you have yet to explain how a substantially better character boost that is half the price is 'too expensive' - you haven't established that comparison relative to another price point for an equivalent service, nor made an argument for it relative to just... the concept of money in general.

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    Think about it for a minute. Thirty five dollars. To clone a character that exists. To play said character in an already released expansion. I mean if you play in Classic, you sure as shit aren't going to start all over, now, are you? And if you are, well, shit why don't you pop open a sweet boost and get some awesome mounts! You guys know what costs $35? Take a look on Steam and look at the amazing games that can buy you, but evidently "The countless amounts of entertainment your character clone will get you, ontop of your $15/m, is worth even MORE than $35!"
    Nobody would start over. The 35$ is to also keep your character in classic. Transitioning to TBC is free.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    You are correct. Loosing progress as in you loose your progress in Classic if you don't buy copy but want to progress your character in TBC. I have few guildies who are "soft" forced to buy copy, one has AQ mount and another has Naxx staff. And I am not saying it should all be free, but 35$ a character? That is ridiculous.
    But you don't actually lose anything. If you decide to stay in Classic you lose nothing. If you want to progress in TBC you haver that option. I'm not quite sure how this is different than any other time the game has updated via expansion, except this time you actually have the choice.

i'm not forcing a conversation about for or against it, my entire post was literally explaining why you're wrong in saying that 35 is too high.

this 35 dollars is for a character boost that is better than a character boost and is half the cost of a character boost.
    you have yet to explain how a substantially better character boost that is half the price is 'too expensive' - you haven't established that comparison relative to another price point for an equivalent service, nor made an argument for it relative to just... the concept of money in general.
    In your opinion. I disagree. I know you're right because you are you. I am wrong because I am not you. What else do we need. Case closed.

35 is to damn high.

In your opinion. I disagree. I know you're right because you are you. I am wrong because I am not you. What else do we need. Case closed.

35 is to damn high.
    ah, so you're posting with the position that declarations are arguments and a complete lack of evidence or even the most basic reasoning on your part means that others should listen to you. gotcha.

Then don't pay it. It's all about the journey, right? So, it should definitely not be an issue to go ahead and just make a new character on either server.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    I mean... It's not though. Race change is $25, server transfer is $25. Is it more? Yup. Two to three times the price? Not even close.
    It is 2-3x the price of a name change which you mentioned but decided to leave out now for the sake of argument though.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    This is the first time in the games history you can make a copy of an endgame character, an actual clone to play on two different servers. And you think §35 is too much? I'm amazed it's less than a character boost.
    same, it should even be more !

it's CLONING.. you receive a free high level character with all items.

15+ Year Old Account
    People who does the copy, what the fuck u gonna do at lvl 60, clear Naxx each week?, and when WOTL is near, are u gonna copy ur tbc char so u can also do sunwell each week while were raiding wotl naxx?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    It is 2-3x the price of a name change which you mentioned but decided to leave out now for the sake of argument though.
    What you said was:

Because it's 2-3x the price of any of the services you mention.
    I just pointed out that this is factually incorrect. Had you said that it was 2-3x the price of a name change, or 2-3x the price of the lowest item on that list, you would have been correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Since there isn't at least one free use, I do think it's a bit greedy. However, overall, I wouldn't call Blizzard particularly greedy. WoW has been the same price for more than a decade-and-a-half (at least here in NA), which is absurdly cheap for 24/7 available entertainment, and a character copy isn't a necessary feature.
    That's because a $15 monthly subscription in addition to the expansion box was already a hard ask years ago. WoW is the cash machine only besides predatory gachas.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2021-05-13 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Sure, call it greedy, call it outrageous and complain.

Also: I have a great solution to this! I just don't spend 35$ on that service. That is my way of telling them what I think about it.

But I guess for some people that also counts as white-knighting?
    "If you don't like it, just don't buy it" is the exact same philosophy that gave us this pay to win shit in CLASSIC of all things...

- - - Updated - - -

The problem isn't the fact we don't have the buy it. It's the face we shouldn't have to buy shit from a store or any type of paid service. We pay these fuckers $15 a month as is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Then don't pay it. It's all about the journey, right? So, it should definitely not be an issue to go ahead and just make a new character on either server.
    Here's an idea...

Don't give out a boosting option then. That's not how Classic works.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Nobody would start over. The 35$ is to also keep your character in classic. Transitioning to TBC is free.
    Staying in Classic should also be free. The fuck?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    And that's still one more post than you read. Because your reply shows you obviously did not read mine.

If you had bothered to read my reply, you would have noticed I did no specify you as not understanding. But there are posts on here that imply that the poster believes the $35 is mandatory to play Burning Crusade.

Again, if you had bother to read my post, I gave you the solution. I will make it easy for you and say it again... DO. NOT. PAY. IT.

Not defending Blizzard. Merely pointing out the entitlement I see.
    Entitlement? For what? Not wanting to pay 35 fucking Dollars to create a mere copy of your character to keep for WoW classic so you could continue to play with your friends, as you have for YEARS now?

What is the entitlement there? If mf's want to make a copy of their already created dude so they could stay in WoW Classic with them, let them fucking do it. They've earned this right for years and years of effort in the world.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    you can boost another class for 40...
    40 dollars, holy shit...

- - - Updated - - -

They were right. WoW is not a game anymore. It's a business marketing ad disguised as a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    you can boost another class for 40...
    Leveling is pretty damn quick too, still irrelevant to me... as a completionist it doesn't carry over rep/quest progression/profession collection/etc/etc/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Staying in Classic should also be free. The fuck?
    It is. Only if you want to play the same char in classic AND TBC you have to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Entitlement? For what? Not wanting to pay 35 fucking Dollars to create a mere copy of your character to keep for WoW classic so you could continue to play with your friends, as you have for YEARS now?

What is the entitlement there? If mf's want to make a copy of their already created dude so they could stay in WoW Classic with them, let them fucking do it. They've earned this right for years and years of effort in the world.
    You're demanding it for free. Pretty entitled sounding there. And how are people suddenly not able to play with friends? They can roll another character. It's not that hard. So let's stop the melodrama. It's a $35 convenience fee. If you want it that bad, pay it. If you don't then don't.

ah, so you're posting with the position that declarations are arguments and a complete lack of evidence or even the most basic reasoning on your part means that others should listen to you. gotcha.
    Isn't that what this post above qouted is as well. It's just a mirror is all you got is accusations. 35 is just to damn high and I won't be paying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends303 View Post
    in TBC classic they are even trying to strip more money away from their player base from a 13 year old game. Not saying this feature should be free but $35 is outragous. I feel sorry for people who still white knight for this company, its sad.
    Since when is $35 outrageous?

If anything, this price is discounted.

Imagine complaining about getting a literal dream game back because of too many options to play your characters.

I feel sorry for people who still try to act like the profit motive is a new thing.

Threads like these are why players have zero say in game dev, except for the worst parts.
    Mods are too busy to be bothered with moderation...but still post nonsense in threads.

Please do not contact me about moderation - Reach out to another member.