10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I will just say when you get that second jab, you will feel like death the next day and take the day off. It was like a combination of the worst flu and the worst period and the worst headache I've had in a long time all in one day. It only lasted a day but OMFG I was just in a cocoon of blankets shivering.
    I felt like that after the first dose of AZ, except that the headaches / bone-aches lasted for 4 days.
    Fever only lasted for 1 day, arm was out of commission for a week.

Still, I take the above over COVID with a nasty cough for weeks any day of the year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    failure was always an option, and we should prepare for that.
    I mean...yes.

But I read this more as a doctor telling their morbidly obese patient "You should have listened to me 150 pounds ago". Everyone eventually dies, but someone who ignores all useful, specific medical advice is probably going to die sooner. The doctor should still advise eating right and exercising before scheduling a triple bypass.

10+ Year Old Account
    CDC is announcing no masks anywhere, if you had been vaccinated. How about that as an inventive?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

We are looking at some major vaccination gaps in CA.

Los Angeles County is 2 million doses short of 80% herd immunity right now. The county vaccination rate is currently 400,000 doses per week. They should hit the herd immunity threshold by July at the latest.

San Francisco is at 78% of the population over 16 with at least one dose and 52% fully vaccinated.

San Diego County is at 59.9% of the population over 16 fully vaccinated.

Sacramento County is only at 42% of population over 16 with at least one dose. In fact the latest poll indicates that over 40% of Sacramento County population are not planning to get the vaccine.

Fresno & Kern are worse.

It appears that there will be a big divide between the coastal and inland regions in term of herd immunity.

10+ Year Old Account
    CDC says vaccinated people can take masks off indoors and outdoors

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), if you are fully vaccinated — two weeks past the last required COVID-19 vaccine dose — you don't need to wear masks indoors or outside, and you don't need to maintain physical distance.

"The science is clear: if you are fully vaccinated, you are protected, and you can start doing the things that you stopped doing because of the pandemic," the CDC said.

Essentially, for vaccinated people, life can begin to return to normal.

The new guidelines do not apply to health care settings, correctional facilities or homeless shelters, the agency said.

The CDC said fully vaccinated people should still wear well-fitted masks where required by laws, rules and regulations, including on airplanes, trains and public transportation.
    Emphasis mine. This is good news, but the CDC doesn't overrule state or local laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

Emphasis mine. This is good news, but the CDC doesn't overrule state or local laws.
    I would say its Way too premature. We don't even have enough people vaccinated to make that decision viable. This just proves how incompetent the CDC is and that they shouldn't be listened to at all. Continue to listen to the actual experts, the ones who all agree. We need far more people vaccinated before we can even consider doing this safely. Why? You have to remember a few key points. 1) the virus can still be spread by anyone who has been vaccinated and 2) its still very much mutating. Trying to loosen restrictions too soon like this and you'll end up having the virus mutate even further, possibly to a point that the vaccine wont work. We need enough people immune to it, either via vaccine or natural immunity, in order to squash this virus from being able to replicate anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    I would say its Way too premature. We don't even have enough people vaccinated to make that decision viable. This just proves how incompetent the CDC is and that they shouldn't be listened to at all. Continue to listen to the actual experts, the ones who all agree. We need far more people vaccinated before we can even consider doing this safely. Why? You have to remember a few key points. 1) the virus can still be spread by anyone who has been vaccinated and 2) its still very much mutating. Trying to loosen restrictions too soon like this and you'll end up having the virus mutate even further, possibly to a point that the vaccine wont work. We need enough people immune to it, either via vaccine or natural immunity, in order to squash this virus from being able to replicate anymore.
    I kinda feel like as soon as vaccines become available by anyone at just about any time, is when personal responsibility takes over.

I’m sorry, but as the last year has shown, those that cannot be vaccinated due to existing illnesses, are SOL... we chose not to care over a year ago. Sorry... I wish it was different...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't even have enough people vaccinated to make that decision viable.
    Um...your points of dissent don't make sense. If vaccinated people can still transmit or mutate the virus...why would it matter if we had more of them?

I have to agree. Vaccines aren't miracle cures unless enough have taken it. right now you or I can still get it even if we're vaccinated. People's kids can still get it because they are not vaccinated. This is for vaccinated people, but we're not at herd immunity yet, so dropping all protections, fucks vaccinated and unvaccinated alike.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I felt like that after the first dose of AZ, except that the headaches / bone-aches lasted for 4 days.
    Fever only lasted for 1 day, arm was out of commission for a week.

Still, I take the above over COVID with a nasty cough for weeks any day of the year.
    Just got my second an hour ago. First poke knocked me out for the weekend. Slept almost Friday night through Sunday afternoon. Pee breaks got me out of bed. Not looking forward to tomorrow, but it beats the alternative.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

About masks being removed too fast. I assume there is some play at giving something to people, for the sense of normalcy. Some easing of restrictions there, some there. After all - we spent more than a year in lockdows of various kinds. There is a limit and you have to compromise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

CDC says vaccinated people can take masks off indoors and outdoors

the bad news part of this is the morons whom are not vac are going to take off their mask and cause another spike and strain on the system.

they are already bragging about how they are just going to lie about it anyway
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    About masks being removed too fast. I assume there is some play at giving something to people, for the sense of normalcy. Some easing of restrictions there, some there. After all - we spent more than a year in lockdows of various kinds. There is a limit and you have to compromise.
    Yes people want to get back to normality, but now there is no urgency to get vaccinated anymore, especially with governors against any sort of vaccine passports as proof. In fact, there is no longer any incentive to anyone "hesitant" or whatever to get the vaccine, because now people are just gonna lie, and now we'll never get herd immunity. This isn't compromise, this is full surrender.

Local store is doling out the shots without appts. My time seems to be here.

Um...your points of dissent don't make sense. If vaccinated people can still transmit or mutate the virus...why would it matter if we had more of them?
    It's because the actual message is slightly confusing message.

Originally it was that vaccinated people may still transmit the virus, we have later confirmed that if it that happens it is at much lower levels than unvaccinated; which was what scientist knew was normal. That's after all one reason why we want to vaccinate everyone.

And most vaccines offer some protection against mutations - but it is a sliding scale; and partial vaccinations combined with large spread of the virus would unfortunately be likely to create mutations more resistant to the vaccines. However, the spread in the US has decreased a lot so hopefully it will not be such a major issue.

It makes perfect sense. While they can still possibly transmit it, it's at a much reduced rate. That's the entire point of the vaccines. They aren't 100%, but are something like 95% effective. The more you have immune, the smaller the likelihood that it even matters since even if 1 or 2 who are vaccinated get sick, all the others around them wont be likely to have it go to them. Basic principle of her immunity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    No, there is no limit during a pandemic. It's all or nothing. You give it any breaks, and you get more spikes. As we have seen Repeatedly with other countries that tried to ease restrictions to fast.

This isnt even a compromise, its flat out lifting restrictions. Far too early for this move. Yet again, we here in the US have proven that we are incapable of handling a pandemic unless forced with fines and jail time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    However, the spread in the US has decreased a lot so hopefully it will not be such a major issue.
    The only way it wouldn't be is if the spread slow due to so many people already having gotten sick because they didn't listen, and thus, inadvertently created a herd immunity case through sheer stubbornness.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been vaccinated for a while now, been wearing my mask in certain places as a courtesy to others who have not been vaccinated yet. I wonder if enough people have been vaccinated to go maskless. As far as then general population goes, aren't a lot of people still on their first shot? I feel like this will cause some recklessness on the levels of the CDC saying masks weren't necessary at first - because the average person is stupid.

At the end of the day, most people who cared to get the vaccine have gotten or will shortly. Society can't wait for the anti-vaxxers and those vaccinated will be protected from them. The issue is with those who are unable to get a shot, as there are those who can't the mRNA vaccines due to inactive ingredients.

People are going to put off getting a vaccine, forgo their 2nd, 'forget', whatever. People are going to get sick but not as many as before.

I think the possibility of a new resurgence has gone up.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I've been vaccinated for a while now, been wearing my mask in certain places as a courtesy to others who have not been vaccinated yet.
    I'm sticking with it for quite some time. I kinda like not getting sick (even if it's more to protect others than myself), and I don't trust folks anywhere near enough to trust that even the folks in my neck of the woods are mostly vaccinated.

10+ Year Old Account
    The more you have immune, the smaller the likelihood that it even matters since even if 1 or 2 who are vaccinated get sick, all the others around them wont be likely to have it go to them. Basic principle of her immunity.
    I see your point, but I'm going to go ahead and guess the WHO knows the basic principles of herd immunity and still released this statement.

I am still masking up, just so we're clear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    the bad news part of this is the morons whom are not vac are going to take off their mask and cause another spike and strain on the system.

they are already bragging about how they are just going to lie about it anyway
    Let's be real. They already weren't wearing masks. Considering like 90% of the customers I see don't wear them and haven't been. The conspiracy theory nutjob who works in our garden center never wore his and never got in trouble for it. At least as far as where I am, nothing will change.