Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    That's because Star Citizen in its current state is laughably small for a space game. Maybe the information I got is out of date but from what I've read the quantum drive only gives you 20% c which is why it would take 25 hours to reach Pluto (the dwarf planet is ~5 light hours away from the sun.) Either they're going to have to greatly increase that speed or exploration of star systems will become incredibly tedious, although I guess with them going for a teeny number of systems it won't take long before everything worth discovering has been discovered.
    To elaborate on this. Quantum travel times used to be measured from Port Olisar to Delmar and would take between 12 minutes and 4 minutes dependant on ship. The bigger the ship, the faster you go. Most ships were 8+ minutes. The distance they cover in that time is 112 light seconds.

Stanton is a tiny system measuring just 5 AU. To cross dinky little Stanton would take 3 hours in those 8 minute ships.

A fair number of the proposed systems are 4x to 40x larger. So 12 hours at the small end and 120 hours at the large.

Hutton Orbital in Elite, infamous for its long travel time, is 13,500 AU from star to station, it takes about 1 hour in Elite. The 8 minute ships in SC would take 8100 hours to cover the same distance, just shy of a whole year in quantum travel.

It's all well and good fans saying there will be stuff to do in your ship but come on....
    Last edited by 1001; 2021-05-14 at 12:20 PM.

Guys, guys!

You are arguing about design decisions. And mistaking them with technical limitations.

In a game the travel time through a map is decided by game designers as they see fit for the type of gameplay they want to convey.

WoW running speed (30km/h) is adequate to the style of gameplay they want and the size of the map.

The same for SC, Elite and any other game. It's all about what gameplay experience the game designer wants for its game.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2021-05-14 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Never said it was going to be an open beta. Folks would have seen it in closed beta last year, if it happened. Which it didn't. And to which there is no new date.

Weird that they keep setting dates/windows for this stuff, missing it, and not providing a new date and instead just removing it from the roadmap as if it didn't exist. And wasn't even mentioned in Roberts' letter at the end of the year either.
    Roberts' letter actually specifically mentions they will not talk about SQ42 again. It has its own section.

Which was an odd response to complaints about lack of info and missing deadlines.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    Guys, guys!

You are arguing about design decisions. And mistaking them with technical limitations.

In a game the travel time through a map is decided by game designers as they see fit for the type of gameplay they want to convey.
    Oh yeah good call, I forgot about the rest stops for refuelling which makes the journeys take even longer.

That's not how game development works at all.

You have different teams working on different parts of the game at the same time.
    Animators, 3d Modelers, sound guys, level designers don't sit around waiting for the network engineers and system programmers or the AI guys to finish their highly complex tasks. If they have a blocker of some sort they move to other tasks.

Work is continuously done by all departments in all aspects of the game. Just because some core tasks take longer doesn't mean animators, sound guys, mocap and lore guys are sitting around twiddling their thumbs waiting for them to finish.

They are working on their task, fleshing a world/universe with small details and menial things is what helps players get immersed in a world.

NPC day-to-day animations are important to sell the world you're building, from vendor shop banter, chickens running around, going to the toilet, horse balls, emotes and all the little details that we see Open world games and mmos that enrich the world may seem "insignificant" when singled out but they're not, they are integral part of what makes great games memorable.

Thinking that those tasks get in the way of "core developmet" is just wrong.
    I know how projects work, but you're telling me there's nothing more important the team that's programming AI to tuck themselves into bed and to walk to the bathroom to take a shit should be working on? THAT'S literally their number 1 priority right now?

I find that incredibly hard to believe. Not impossible or implausible, just....kind of mind blowing that's where their priorities are, if it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I know how projects work, but you're telling me there's nothing more important the team that's programming AI to tuck themselves into bed and to walk to the bathroom to take a shit should be working on? THAT'S literally their number 1 priority right now?

I find that incredibly hard to believe. Not impossible or implausible, just....kind of mind blowing that's where their priorities are, if it's true.
    But you clearly don't know how game development works.

AI dev is usually broken into 2 parts - getting the AI to make a choice, then actually executing that choice. These two parts can be (and often are) developed independently of each other.

AI code doesn't care if it's tucking sheets, going to the bathroom or find cover, those are all orders that are cued depending on the situation and pre-set parameters. If npc is near X do Y, if it's near Z do W, If health is low do this and if it can't do this to that. And so on.

How complex the animation of peeing or tucking sheets is doesn't matter, that's work of the ART team not AI.

The Animators, modellers, riggers, sound design all do that part. AI is about deciding when, and how to get to the place to pee. But that is the same type of code that they do for characters siting on a chair or walking around a room, ordering food and so on.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2021-05-14 at 03:14 PM.

But you clearly don't know how game development works.
    I know how PROJECTS work, with multiple teams working on different things. It's up to the project manager to determine what the best and most effective use of time and money is for each team.

AI dev is usually broken into 2 parts - getting the AI to make a choice, then actually executing that choice. These two parts can be (and often are) developed independently of each other.
    So, getting NPCs to tuck themselves into bed and walk to the bathroom to pee/shit are a priority for them to worry about right now? Over things like actually getting the NPCs to move at all, not T-pose all over the place, and other issues?

AI code doesn't care if it's tucking sheets, going to the bathroom or find cover, those are all orders that are cued depending on the situation and pre-set parameters. If npc is near X do Y, if it's near Z do W, If health is low do this and if it can't do this to that. And so on.
    Well, technically, yes it does. You have to code in the behavior you want them to express. My point is, I don't think NPCs tucking themselves into bed and being able to use the bathroom should even make the list of things to worry about right now.

How complex the animation of peeing or tucking sheets is doesn't matter, that's work of the ART team not AI.
    OK? My point is simply that people are working on seriously superfluous stuff when more important systems and aspects of the game need work.

The Animators, modellers, riggers, sound design all do that part. AI is about deciding when, and how to get to the place to pee. But that is the same type of code that they do for characters siting on a chair or walking around a room, ordering food and so on.
    Again, you're still just highlighting that you think it's OK and acceptable and that we should just be OK with the idea that the teams should be focusing on relatively meaningless stuff like this rather than the more important things.

You and kenn both are trying to convince people that we should just accept whatever Chris Roberts says or does and whatever direction CIG decides to go with development is perfectly acceptable because THEY made that decision. That's horse shit. People are allowed to be critical of other people's decisions when it comes to a project like this, and should be encouraged to do so, IMO. They've had 9+ years of development and over $350 million spent on creating these games and you're going to try and tell me, to convince me, that it's perfectly acceptable and their divine right to work on getting their wittle NPC's tucked into bed and being able to walk to the bathroom to pee when they can't even get the NPC's to move correctly, T-posing all over the place, walking in place, etc... along with the cornucopia of other shit wrong with this game?

You're never going to convince me of that, ever.

OK? My point is simply that people are working on seriously superfluous stuff when more important systems and aspects of the game need work.
    Again, you're still just highlighting that you think it's OK and acceptable and that we should just be OK with the idea that the teams should be focusing on relatively meaningless stuff like this rather than the more important things.
    You're being highly obtuse just for the sake of a grudge. Working on the "superfluous stuff" doesn't get in the way of working in the "core stuff". You assumed it does, but it really doesn't and you get angry because you realy want an excuse to be angry at this game.

Have you ever thought that a lot of released open world games have NPC's also occasionally still T-pose, glitch or walk all over the place?

Rockstar should have spent more time on NPC AI than horse testicles:

CDPR should have spent more time on NPC AI than genitals:

Naughty Dog should have spent more time on NCP AI than rope swinging:

If even in "finished" and "polished" released games of the best studios these issues happen it shouldn't be strange that it happens during a games development either.

Last edited by MrAnderson; 2021-05-14 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    snip
    Supercruise is basically a loading screen with some ship control because the game doesnt actually simulate the planets in correct locations, all the areas in the game are seperate instances, supercruise is just a slightly different version of star trek onlines travel system, in star citizen all the points are actual locations in a large area you can actually travel to regardless of QT or not.

Star citizen is scaled to 1/8th so all star systems will be much smaller so travelling at 0.20 C will be around the same as traveling at the speed of light anyway, the fastest drive in SC atm is around 300000 kilometers per second so you can get around fairly fast but fast drives use more fuel so less range.

What space and spaceship content is it missing, you can customise your ships and ship loadouts, stealth gameplay, group gunfights, seats in multicrew ships have seperate functions so while the pilot flies another can control the missiles/scanning/power management/gun turrets, ED doesnt offers anything that star citizen doesnt offer currently, some may be in its basic form currently but its still there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    snip
    All you are doing is making an assumtion, you have no facts because in reality they would of been working on the story at the very least for RDR2 as the game is a prequal so much of the story for RDR2 would have to been done during the first game to give those characters a detailed backstory, game still took 9 1/2 years to develop a single player game with a very basic online mode.

snip
    Its chris roberts if players backed him they were backing him to make his dream game regardless of what it took to develop it, his reputation was already well known so you cant complain when he does the same things when he said thats what he was going to do, he has stated many times that he will not release anything that he isnt happy with so you just have to accept everything that goes along with CR making this game.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    snip
    Pre production is not part of how long it takes to develop a game, production is the only part thats counted as how long a game takes to develop, in any case for at least half of SC development it has not been full development so its going to increase the amount of time to actually make the game, until you have a company and money along with staff your not really able to actually develop a game properly.

You dont judge a game until you play the final product, if you do then your just making a biased opinion.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2021-05-14 at 05:11 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

You're being highly obtuse just for the sake of a grudge. Working on the "superfluous stuff" doesn't get in the way of working in the "core stuff". You assumed it does, but it really doesn't and you get angry because you realy want an excuse to be angry at this game.

Have you ever thought that a lot of released open world games have NPC's also occasionally still T-pose, glitch or walk all over the place?

[SNIP]

If even in "finished" and "polished" released games of the best studios these issues happen it shouldn't be strange that it happens during a games development either.
    I'm not sure you understand the irony here or not....but thanks for that.

You want to know the big difference between the games you highlighted and SC and SQ42? Those games are released, meaning they had all the truly important things covered, for the most part (can't say that CP2077 did when it first launched, but it does now....which means that this kind of stuff can be patched and fixed later).

This really wasn't as much of a "Gotcha!" as you seem to think it is, where in fact it works against your argument.

It means those things aren't nearly as important to releasing a game as you seem to think it is, which further proves my point, that they're working on things that don't have a critical impact on the game as a whole.

You're fine with the game being in perpetual development purgatory, I'm not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    You dont judge a game until you play the final product, if you do then your just making a biased opinion.
    If you're judging a game based on a version that doesn't exist yet, that's biased too.

The only accurate judgement or critique of a game (or anything) is of what's in front of you.

This really wasn't as much of a "Gotcha!" as you seem to think it is, where in fact it works against your argument.

It means those things aren't nearly as important to releasing a game as you seem to think it is, which further proves my point, that they're working on things that don't have a critical impact on the game as a whole.
    The "gotcha" is you having a hard time acknowledging that those things get in the way of releasing the game for the sake of being angry.
    I don't know how many more times it needs to explained that these features are developed by different people at their own pace.

Reminds me of the "You're All Fired" GIF:
    https://gfycat.com/partialneatasianelephant
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2021-05-14 at 05:52 PM.

snip
    Your the one who lacks a basic understanding of game development. SC didnt really start any work on developing the game until after the kickstarter so anything before that is not actual development on the game.

An alpha version of the game and the final version may be vastly different so to judge solely on a development version is just completely biased, even though the alpha version is pretty good as it stands.

If you're judging a game based on a version that doesn't exist yet, that's biased too.

The only accurate judgement or critique of a game (or anything) is of what's in front of you.
    Your still making judgements on a game of which is not usually in the hands of the players at this point, the only version of the game that matters is the final product, a game in development is not supposed to be polished or have all its core systems in place or even remotely playable.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

All you are doing is making an assumtion, you have no facts because in reality
    Dude you live in the assumption world. You spout opinions thinking they are facts. You love to assume what SC will have in the future and think it is in the game now. As if games deliver everything they promise, get real.

- - - Updated - - -

Its chris roberts if players backed him they were backing him to make his dream game regardless of what it took to develop it, his reputation was already well known so you cant complain when he does the same things when he said thats what he was going to do, he has stated many times that he will not release anything that he isnt happy with so you just have to accept everything that goes along with CR making this game.
    That is such bullshit. You don't have to accept everything that goes along with it. You shouldn't accept missed deadlines, pushed back features, constant delays and lies. You think every backer believes the same bullshit you do? Fuck no they don't. Look at the forums on CIG's side, plenty of jokes get made about the fucking trainwreck this game is.

- - - Updated - - -

Pre production is not part of how long it takes to develop a game, production is the only part thats counted as how long a game takes to develop, in any case for at least half of SC development it has not been full development so its going to increase the amount of time to actually make the game, until you have a company and money along with staff your not really able to actually develop a game properly.
    Well you and Anderson differ on preproduction dates then, because when he spouts the link for the world's record for longest game in development guess what that is including, oh yeah, pre-production.

- - - Updated - - -

And this is your biggest delusion here. You think people don't play a game in Alpha or Beta and make a final judgement on the game? Think again. There is no bias involved. If I play a game in Alpha and I don't like it then I either get my money back or I'm done with the game. Do I come back to the game after it has ACTUALLY launched? Sometimes, usually not though. You get one chance to make a first and lasting impression in the world of gaming with me.

If companies don't want to get judged so harshly then, DO NOT RELEASE A GAME IN ALPHA/BETA states! It is that simple! They released in Alpha so they could use this MASSIVE CASH SHOP, simple as that.

- - - Updated - - -

snip
    I love the self-owning Gotchas that he does though. Look at what ED, WoW, Cyberpunk, GTA5, RDR2 and others do! See, SC is like them or better!!! Except that SC is not released, not even close to release and is buggy as all hell. But sure if you want SC judged against those games I have no problem, SC is no where close to a single one of those games and is a laughing stock even more than Cyberpunk's shitty launch.

- - - Updated - - -

I love how SC can be judged on what it will have versus what released games have now! Like we can't talk about what WoW will have or what Cyberpunk or ED will have because that isn't fair to SC. It only goes one way for them. I know I'll laugh even harder when SC ever does release in like 2026 and tons of features are missing at launch.

- - - Updated - - -

The "gotcha" is you having a hard time acknowledging that those things get in the way of releasing the game for the sake of being angry.
    I don't know how many more times it needs to explained that these features are developed by different people at their own pace.
    Hey whatever you say man, if you think defending SC's T-posing AI is less important than making sure they can properly go to sleep and go to the bathroom that is on you. Neither one of those things is very important in the grand scheme of what is really wrong with SC right though. But hey keep comparing SC to released games, I know I and many others here enjoy the laughs.

- - - Updated - - -

Either way, we can at least confirm you have a biased opinion.
    Thanks for showing those quotes, made my day!

- - - Updated - - -

Your the one who lacks a basic understanding of game development. SC didnt really start any work on developing the game until after the kickstarter so anything before that is not actual development on the game.
    So the things they made for the Kickstarter don't count? Nice try. Wrong, but nice try.

- - - Updated - - -

An alpha version of the game and the final version may be vastly different so to judge solely on a development version is just completely biased, even though the alpha version is pretty good as it stands.
    Translation: Biased to judge on a development version of the game.
    Then: Judges the development version of the game as 'pretty good'

- - - Updated - - -

Your still making judgements on a game of which is not usually in the hands of the players at this point, the only version of the game that matters is the final product, a game in development is not supposed to be polished or have all its core systems in place or even remotely playable.
    Wrong and many a game has failed in the alpha/beta stage because they were judged on what was currently available. They failed to get enough funding to continue the game or abandoned it because it wasn't good enough. Just being alpha does not give you a free pass and you know this, but because it is SC they can do no wrong.

Sounds like paid shilling to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, stripping out the bullshit where you're still wrong and somehow manage to dismiss all work done on SC before/during the KS because it fits your ridiculous narrative, do you not realise that this is a vastly moronic approach to take?

You are arguing every post based on the end result, what you believe you'll get in several more years. Everyone else, not including people like MrAnderson, is arguing based on what they can see/hear//read/physically play, literally whatever actually exists of the game right now, including interviews with the man in charge of this whole operation. Your approach is the epitome of a biased opinion. You argue based on a dream, while others argue based on reality.
    I know it is so frustrating that this type of open shilling for the game is allowed. It is one thing to defend SC because there might be a good game underneath all of the bullshit one day, but to just blindly accept any and all things SC does and then attack people who are critical of what is there RIGHT NOW after the amount of time and money invested is fucking insane.
    Last edited by Kyanion; 2021-05-14 at 07:03 PM.

Reminds me of the "You're All Fired" GIF:
    https://gfycat.com/partialneatasianelephant
    I've been programming professionally for over 12 years now. I've worked on game projects (none of which were released in the end, but considering we are talking about SC, that seems to be irrelevant). Any programmer worth his salt can switch specialization around assignment, even if he's not going to be the world's leading expert, he'll get it done in one way or another. That's pretty much how 99% of gamedev works anyway, get it done now and fix it later.

There's no such thing as an AI team that would be incapable of doing something else. If that was the case, the entire team should be fired on the spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Hey whatever you say man, if you think defending SC's T-posing AI is less important than making sure they can properly go to sleep and go to the bathroom that is on you. Neither one of those things is very important in the grand scheme of what is really wrong with SC right though. But hey keep comparing SC to released games, I know I and many others here enjoy the laughs.
    T-posing has nothing to do with AI.

This is the issue of armchair developers, don't even know the very basics but preach like they could run the studio.

*enjoys the laughs

Reputation AMA Recap: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...stem-AMA-Recap

Like expected, since there's no levels in Star Citizen, Reputation will be the main progression system.

Q- Will some ships be „locked“ behind a reputation wall, so that you need a specific amount of positive reputation with a Company or Organisation, to be able to buy it?

If yes, whats happens if one already pledged for that Ship?

Could they still use the ship right away or must they also meet the Reputation requirements like the one who wants to buy it in Game?

Rob Reininger:

We are looking to gate many things in the game, both items as well as ships, behind the reputation system.

We have to remember that without a leveling system, reputation is one of our more significant progression in our game, if not THE most, so now that it’s in, we will be looking to get this hooked into all forms of rewards mechanisms moving forward.

As for what happens with people that already have these ships, you will always have access to these ships through the ASOP.

However, what you will likely see as we move forward is that mission content (which will ultimately include large scale hauling missions), will likely be gated behind reputation and/or org membership.

Q- Will reputation system allow player to unlock exclusive and not exclusive ship, ship weapon, ship component, FPS weapon, armor, suits, skins etc for some factions and missions givers?

For example, the Gladius Valiant for the UEE or Northrock Service Group, the Gladius Pirate for the Pirates factions or the criminal factions, the Mercury Nightrunner for Crusader etc. Other example, with a good Hurston’s reputation, they could give us some free Hurston items.

We can imagine all those items would be unlockable in shops after reaching a level with the faction.

Rob Reininger:

What we have been talking a lot about lately is exactly “what rewards will be associated with each org/reputation track” and “at which ranks we see these types of things being rewarded.” One of the things we’ve discussed is things like unlocking an org’s paint/tint colors for use on particular item types at some of the higher ranks. (Which I think generally covers what you’re talking about with this question.) The answer is yes, we are 100% looking at the best way to incorporate a much broader use of the paint/tinting system into the game and reputation will be a significant delivery mechanism for this type of reward. As to how I see this working, if you say unlock the “microTech” colors, you would have to go back to New Babbage to a local shop in order to paint/color your item/ship with that tint. For factions/orgs that don’t have as clear of a “home base” as say microTech does, we will have to figure out 1, where we could potentially unlock this feature, and 2, if it’s a smaller org within the game, is their colors something we want to release. But generally yes, this is where we’re going in the future.

As for shops specifically, we plan on having the items in the shops with purchasable requirements shown to players when we revamp the shopping experience. So you’d see the “reputation specific item” in the inventory, but as an example, you’d see “Required – microTech Rep Rank 8”
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2021-05-14 at 07:36 PM.

T-posing has nothing to do with AI. This is the issue of armchair developers, don't even know the very basics but preach like they could run the studio.

*enjoys the laughs
    Ah yes, what is your experience in AI then? Please educate me since you seem to be on the team. Because all I see is failed AI controlled NPCs with pictures of them T-posing, walking in place and other humorous things. I guess I can add 'taking a shit and tucking themselves into bed' as other amazing breakthroughs in AI right?

You act like you are not also an 'armchair developer' when you explain what CIG does, you do realize how fucking stupid that is right?

I know I enjoyed the laugh because you are pretending you are enlightened as to everything that goes on with this game but you're just reading and listening things that CIG spoonfeed to you.

- - - Updated - - -

Like expected, since there's no levels in Star Citizen, Reputation will be the main progression system.
    Sounds as generic as any other game that has ties to a reputation based system.

Of course this means nothing to the people that have already purchased all of these ships that will be locked behind reputation gates. AKA, P2W baby!

What is supposed to be special about this? Oh man you can't do mission C because you are rep 'Peon' so you only can do A and B over and over again because woo so fresh and new!

Nothing is as fun as playing a game and going to a vendor who wants your gold/credits/dollars and then being told, "Sorry sir you cannot buy these items because I don't like you enough, despite you being willing to pay insane amounts of currency for them." So authentic. I hate when I go to Wal-Mart and get told I cannot buy a brand of chips because Wal-Mart does not like me enough yet.

And yes I know it would be different if I was trying to go to the Army and buy weapons from them, that shit wouldn't happen, but for some skins/paint/dye etc beind tied to rep? Get real.
    Last edited by Kyanion; 2021-05-14 at 07:45 PM.

Please educate me
    Well it's quite simple. When artists are working on the characters, T-Pose is their position by default.

That is because T-Pose allows them to see every area of the model they they are working with, which is specially important when texturing. Between fingers, armpits etc

Same for when doing the animations and rigging (connecting the "bones/joints"), mocaping starts with the actor being in a T-pose as the starting position.

So when in a game the animation data gets "lost" or given incorrectly to a character it will go back to it's default state, the T-pose.
    That way the dev's can also detect something went wrong with that character and check it out.

Sounds as generic as any other game that has ties to a reputation based system.

Of course this means nothing to the people that have already purchased all of these ships that will be locked behind reputation gates. AKA, P2W baby!

What is supposed to be special about this? Oh man you can't do mission C because you are rep 'Peon' so you only can do A and B over and over again because woo so fresh and new!

Nothing is as fun as playing a game and going to a vendor who wants your gold/credits/dollars and then being told, "Sorry sir you cannot buy these items because I don't like you enough, despite you being willing to pay insane amounts of currency for them." So authentic. I hate when I go to Wal-Mart and get told I cannot buy a brand of chips because Wal-Mart does not like me enough yet.

And yes I know it would be different if I was trying to go to the Army and buy weapons from them, that shit wouldn't happen, but for some skins/paint/dye etc beind tied to rep? Get real.
    It's not that linear, Reputation opens up quests and allows to access certain areas, they might have the ships, but they will need to get reputation to unlock the contracts and ability to reach certain areas.

Just like you can can inherit a fleet of cars at birth but you'll still need to wait until the appropriate age and get the drivers license to be able to drive them.

If companies don't want to get judged so harshly then, DO NOT RELEASE A GAME IN ALPHA/BETA states! It is that simple! They released in Alpha so they could use this MASSIVE CASH SHOP, simple as that.
    I fully agree with this.

[SNIP]
    I'll never be able to grasp how people can go all in on something. Like, sell your soul, this person/organization can do no wrong and have my full trust in everything they say or do type thing. Even the most reliable, trustworthy, hard working and intelligent person makes mistakes, can make wrong decisions, or otherwise screw up. It's up to the people that trust them to "keep them honest," or keep them in check. Not because we don't trust them, but because we DO and understand they'll make mistakes every once and a while and want to keep them moving in the direction they say they're want to go in.

I love how SC can be judged on what it will have versus what released games have now! Like we can't talk about what WoW will have or what Cyberpunk or ED will have because that isn't fair to SC. It only goes one way for them. I know I'll laugh even harder when SC ever does release in like 2026 and tons of features are missing at launch.
    Another "do as I say not as I do" or "rules for thee and not for me" type bullshit.

That way the dev's can also detect something went wrong with that character and check it out.
    Ah, so check it out and do nothing about it. Got it. T-posing NPCs in SC seems to be a running theme for a long time now.

- - - Updated - - -

Just like you can can inherit a fleet of cars at birth but you'll still need to wait until the appropriate age and get the drivers license to be able to drive them.
    What a fucking stupid analogy. So I hire a butler since I'm super rich who drives my cars that I own. And nice niche attempt at being totally okay with a tired reputation gating system.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll never be able to grasp how people can go all in on something. Like, sell your soul, this person/organization can do no wrong and have my full trust in everything they say or do type thing. Even the most reliable, trustworthy, hard working and intelligent person makes mistakes, can make wrong decisions, or otherwise screw up. It's up to the people that trust them to "keep them honest," or keep them in check. Not because we don't trust them, but because we DO and understand they'll make mistakes every once and a while and want to keep them moving in the direction they say they're want to go in.
    Yeah it is simple, people fuck up. They make bad choices, bad games, bad decisions, bad investments. Even the ultra rich investors miss a lot of times when they invest in something.

When it comes to gaming companies have lived and died on choices they made that failed. Sometimes the money runs out, sometimes you have to release a bad product to recover what you can. In the case of AAA games and studios they should be criticized when they put out a bad product or cancel something, because people had expectations. But when the situation comes to a Kickstarted game with a ROBUST cash shop they should be held to a higher standard than a company you invested none of your money into.

Even if I love what a company is doing and enjoy the games they make (Persona series, D&D, WoW, etc) does not mean I am going to defend them at every turn and accept everything they do. Some companies do some stupid shit and make bad calls or do things I don't like or agree with. I could NEVER blindly defend ANY company or business I didn't have a huge personal stake in, like an owner or a partner and I can NOT relate to anyone that is not fully involved in a company that does that sort of thing.

Another "do as I say not as I do" or "rules for thee and not for me" type bullshit.
    It is some of the biggest trolling allowed by the shills and it is funny when they do it. They think everything they say is a Gotcha moment or a 'fact' or that everyone else is ALWAYS wrong in the discussion. Some things they said are correct but many things they have said are fucking wrong or something only a paid shill would say. It is why I am glad that there ARE people who have played the game like Val and I believe Dhrizzle and many others who are able to show the good sides to the game but are also critical about the many things the game is doing that is just, well it is just wrong.
    Last edited by Kyanion; 2021-05-14 at 09:25 PM.

Ah, so check it out and do nothing about it. Got it. T-posing NPCs in SC seems to be a running theme for a long time now.
    If only it was that easy, animation data getting lost or corrupted can happen for a myriad of reasons, namely related with performance/optimization issues. Since dev's can't fully control the hardware or the online connection in which the game is being played we will always get these issues. Hence why even released games from the most decorate studios have them.

What a fucking stupid analogy. So I hire a butler since I'm super rich who drives my cars that I own. And nice niche attempt at being totally okay with a tired reputation gating system.
    You can somewhat do that already by paying players to pilot your ship. The thing is the "butler" will also need reputation to be able to do such things.

I quite like the idea. Having a reputation system makes people have to work for stuff independently of what fleet they already have.

Monthly Update of April: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...ort-April-2021

Along this weeks ATV show:

Lot's of new sneak peeks!

PS-Also, New patch is out on the PTU
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2021-05-14 at 09:27 PM.