Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It's a nice touch on Blizz's behalf, but I wouldn't jump immediately to trans. It could be trans, but we don't know.
    Honestly if I could shapeshift myself I would definitely check out what it is like to have <censored>, after all the time I dedicate watching it online xD
    And I am pretty 100% sure I'm not trans, though Chromie's motivation does seem different and less driven by curiosity
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

10+ Year Old Account
    So Chromie is a male whose playable character is female. Breaking the 4th wall here.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    It's SHE from the very beginning. Blizzard just messed up the name..
    It could be like how some people have 'Neutral' names irl. I know I do, and I get called a 'he' alot lol

- - - Updated - - -

Or maybe s/he thinks 'Chromie' is a cuter name
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

This could be a really fun story to tell, especially condiering how interesting a character Chromie is. They could be trans, could simply adore the female Gnome form, could be non-binary. The power to change form to match the gender one feels at the moment could be liberating to a fluid character.

Let me know when I'm supposed to give a crap...Female dragon, male dragon, doesn't matter.

'Tis a gnome, and as such must be punted.

/polishes punting boot

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sableye View Post
    wasn't Chromie's gender thing more due to there being the 1 dragon model, thus telling a male dragon from a female one was impossible till she shape shifted? Even the dragon aspects are basically genderless in their dragon forms because of the lack of external clues
    It wasn't the model, it was the name. At the time male bronze dragons had names ending in -ormu and female bronze dragons had names ending in -ormi. Chromie's dragon name is Chronormu.

Whether it was intentional or an oversight, the end result was what appeared to be a male dragon that chose the form of a female gnome as their mortal guise. Long debated, that explanation has now been formally canonized.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2021-05-15 at 01:31 AM.

I wonder if this will be published in China? I might consider this brave if they did that.

Also, is it just me, or does giving silly holidays to what used to be mysterious and serious creatures like dragons seem kind of lame? Like "okay guysie-wuysies, oh my godsies, time to pick your mortal formsie-wormsies!~" It was my impression that most dragons didn't particularly enjoy mingling with mortals, and thus I wouldn't assume they'd put a lot of thought into their mortal form for purposes other than accomplishing their tasks before returning to their true forms. If that were the case, I wouldn't think holidays where their mortal forms are chosen and celebrated would ever come about.

The idea of this silly form-choosing holiday reminds me of how Beerus and Whis in Dragonball Super are constantly hanging out on Earth, eating new food and having over the top omghashtagsorandomzomglol foodgasms. It makes what used to be serious, mysterious, and dignified into a joke.
    Last edited by Koryn123; 2021-05-15 at 02:10 AM.

I mean, how is Chronormu trans if he's still a male dragon? all that's said is "it suits me", which can mean so many different things

Chromie is just the form/guise he takes when dealing with mortals. And we know dragons can take on any form they want and are able to change the form as they want

it's weird how ppl are directly jumping to "oh confirmed trans" when this book doesn't say that. At most, you might interpret it that way if you look at it like that, but there is no direct confirmation or anything from Blizzard. What the book does confirm is that Chronormu is a male dragon.

I brought this up in the r/wow reddit thread on this, and dear god the amount of downvotes and attacks I (and others who were pointing this out) got for somehow daring to say this -_- Baffling how some people are acting like
    Chromie is somehow now confirmed trans with there is nothing to back that up. Feelings/opinion =/= fact/canon

funny though, others have brought it up, but this would be like saying ppl who play characters of the opposite gender to their own = trans xD
    Last edited by voidox; 2021-05-15 at 02:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by voidox View Post
    I mean, how is Chronormu trans if he's still a male dragon? all that's said is "it suits me", which can mean so many different things

Chromie is just the form/guise he takes when dealing with mortals. And we know dragons can take on any form they want and are able to change the form as they want

it's weird how ppl are directly jumping to "oh confirmed trans" when this book doesn't say that. At most, you might interpret it that way if you look at it like that, but there is no direct confirmation or anything from Blizzard. What the book does confirm is that Chronormu is a male dragon.

I brought this up in the r/wow reddit thread on this, and dear god the amount of downvotes and attacks I (and others who were pointing this out) got for daring to say this -_- Baffling how some people are acting like
    Chromie is somehow now confirmed trans with there is nothing to back that up. Feelings/opinion =/= fact/canon
    This is 2021 Blizzard we're talking about here. WoW is no longer written by DnD-playing metalheads. It's written by blue-haired white intersectional feminists who live for this sort of stuff. Look up a picture of Madeline Roux, author of the pre-Shadowlands book and browse her Twitter timeline for a few seconds to see what I mean.

I may have shared your benefit of the doubt if this were done 10 years ago, but it's 2021 and the people who run this game have very leftwing viewpoints they want to push and whether they have Chromie outright say "I'm a biological male who identifies as female" or not, the reason behind doing this story at all is obvious.
    Last edited by Koryn123; 2021-05-15 at 02:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    So Chromie is a male whose playable character is female. Breaking the 4th wall here.
    Basically is the vibe I'm getting, but obviously some people need to make a battleground out of this.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

7+ Year Old Account
    Meh doesn't really matter. Chromie will always be a female gnome to me.

5+ Year Old Account
    Just dragon who likes to pretend to be loli, nothing new, and there people who say that WOW isn't anime.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Ah just stop with this BS already!!!

No wonder why so many good devs have left Blizzard already. They don't care about their game AT ALL. They just care about certain groups and how to do their bidding as best as they can.

When I heard of this book, I was actually expecting to hear the sort of folk and fairy tales that kids in Azeroth would be raised on. Given that as recently as Calia Menethil, female princesses were still pushed into arranged marriages, I can't imagine there would be many fairy tales about trans dragons. Then again, I was expecting Blizzard's writers to be walking encyclopedias on the lore, and I forgot that modern WoW novels aren't like Arthas Rise of the Lich King or Lord of the Clans where they fill in gaps, but instead are mechanisms to retcon the story to fit the nonsensical story Blizzard is trying to tell today. Silly me.
    Last edited by Koryn123; 2021-05-15 at 02:39 AM.

It goes without saying this was going to an absolutely incel mess of a thread this forum is just as bad as 4chan sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    It goes without saying this was going to an absolutely incel mess of a thread this forum is just as bad as 4chan sometimes.
    Guess the entire world was comprised of alt-right incel basement-dwellers when nobody knew what trans even was before 2014.

From what I’ve seen if this book so far there aren’t any folktales of fairy tales. I’ve seen real life accounts of people’s personal pasts such as veresa and now Kalec and chromi. I was expecting gnoll thief’s and Murlock wishes, enchants and wisps, etc. told from an old furbolg sage. Maybe each culture gets a tale or two such as Tauren’s quest for an’she, a dwarves wayward griffin or magic stone, the three sisters twisted tree, a pandaren’s lucky goldfish/koi. Maybe it will have them but so far it’s side stories/true events.

Quote Originally Posted by dunkl View Post
    From what I’ve seen if this book so far there aren’t any folktales of fairy tales. I’ve seen real life accounts of people’s personal pasts such as veresa and now Kalec and chromi. I was expecting gnoll thief’s and Murlock wishes, enchants and wisps, etc. told from an old furbolg sage. Maybe each culture gets a tale or two such as Tauren’s quest for an’she, a dwarves wayward griffin or magic stone, the three sisters twisted tree, a pandaren’s lucky goldfish/koi. Maybe it will have them but so far it’s side stories/true events.
    What would've been really interesting is filling in the blanks for major Azeroth religions. Like, the high elves completely rejected Night Elf society including Elune, the moon, nocturnal lifestyles, etc. What did they replace it with? We don't really know much about that. I want folk stories and legends about a strong elf warrior who killed a lot of Amani trolls before Quel'thalas was founded, or vice versa. What sort of stories was Zul'jin raised on that gave him such hatred for the elves, love for his people, and the inspiration to step up and lead them?
    Last edited by Koryn123; 2021-05-15 at 03:32 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koryn123 View Post
    This is 2021 Blizzard we're talking about here. WoW is no longer written by DnD-playing metalheads. It's written by blue-haired white intersectional feminists who live for this sort of stuff. Look up a picture of Madeline Roux, author of the pre-Shadowlands book and browse her Twitter timeline for a few seconds to see what I mean.

I may have shared your benefit of the doubt if this were done 10 years ago, but it's 2021 and the people who run this game have very leftwing viewpoints they want to push and whether they have Chromie outright say "I'm a biological male who identifies as female" or not, the reason behind doing this story at all is obvious.
    Madeline Roux isn't a writer at blizzard she's a free lancer they outsourced to she has no say in stuff like this.

I wonder what controversy they are trying to sweep under the rug to make this change:

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Chronormu

They had previously said she was female so unless someone higher up refused to let her be a dude dragon and now left the company so the original creator can fix it they are clearly just doing it for brownie points otherwise it would have been mentioned like a decade ago.