Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Krasus liked that form best, but he used others as needed. Before then the mortal guise was mostly a functional convenience. Mind, 'I like looking like a gnome girl' is also as far as this goes, there's just more fanfare added to it.
    It would be like me turning into a male troll because I like looking at them, despite being a woman I guess
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

15+ Year Old Account
    thanks for the quick rundown I couldn't have possibly enjoyed my game without this minority being represented
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    So Chromie is a male whose playable character is female. Breaking the 4th wall here.
    That would be in-character for Chromie, too. Part of the reason why I like her, is a lot of her humor derives from either leaning on or winking at the 4th wall, thanks to time shenanigans giving her a unique, non-linear perspective on stuff.

I kind of feel like that's all there is to it, just more of Chromie being Chromie, but leave it to the internet to make it into a bigger deal than it need be.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Quote Originally Posted by s0ul View Post
    so like a lot of people that play WoW? You know the ones that play female characters?
    You are so wrong, they are all trans /s

Quote Originally Posted by Koryn123 View Post
    I doubt anyone at Blizzard knew what trans was back in 2004. Obviously wasn't the intention at the time. Regardless of how that naming mistake in 2004 makes it easy to say Chromie is trans today, it was clearly done as a virtue signal. Until they try to publish the book uncensored in China, risking backlash against their brand and profits from the communist government there, then this is all just meaningless virtue signaling with no real principles behind it. Like when Disney virtue signaled two lesbians kissing in the background in Star Wars, then cut the scene for China because they don't actually give a toss when they might lose money for their principles.
    I think there is a bit of a difference between virtue-signaling and simply adding something. This isn't entirely pointless or a derailment of anything, so I don't see any harm in it. It's perfectly fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Hots quotes don’t actually mean any thing there are a ton that don’t fit the lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Hots is not canon, and the quotes there are just random meta jokes.
    Unless, of course, you want to argue that Varian casually mentioning 3v3 arena and Thrall referencing RTS games and saying stuff like:

is just a regular occurrence in the warcraft universe.

As for the magazine source, that happened in 2010, and is with this short story clearly no longer canon.

It's not.
    Chronormu is male in the story.
    Only referred to with she/her pronouns after her transformation, which is when the scene in the leaked page is set in.

Now, is she a trans woman?
    Is she non-binary?
    Does she just like presenting this way, or simply do it for the funzies?

No one knows, just pick whatever interpretation you prefer.
    Edited my post yesterday, where Blizzard proved that they just changed the name but she was female from the very beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by World of Warcraft: The Magazine Volume I Issue II, pg. 28
    The suffix "-ormu" is normally typical of the male bronze dragon naming pattern, while female bronze dragon names end in "-ormi". As Chronormu is female, she is an exception to this rule.
    Why wouldn't that be canon?

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    no the book calls chronormu he for a fair bit of the book, but after becoming of age to decide their humanoid form, they become chromie and go by she.
    the hots qoute is non-cannon, and likely to be changed later.

- - - Updated - - -

yes, the story calls chronomu "he" and "him" many times.
    Which book?
    Last edited by Eazy; 2021-05-15 at 09:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Which book?
    Folk and Fairy Tales, I believe.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    Edited my post yesterday, where Blizzard proved that they just changed the name but she was female from the very beginning.
    Yes?
    I already adressed that.

As for the magazine source, that happened in 2010, and is with this short story clearly no longer canon.

Which book?
    The book we are discussing in this very thread, World of Warcraft: Folk and Fairytales of Azeroth
    Last edited by Raetary; 2021-05-15 at 09:12 AM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Folk and Fairy Tales, I believe.
    Oh, so they decided that he's a male? Even though they stated that she was a female from the very beginning before?

lmao

Yes?
    I already adressed that.
    And i asked you - why is that?

https://twitter.com/SteveDanuser/sta...59459254788097

Yikes. So apparently Chromie is the only being (known to us) able to change genders as they please and the only male who has a female voice, or the only being who can change their voice.

7+ Year Old Account
    And i asked you - why is that?
    Why is what?

Why the new stuff is canon and old stuff is not?
    Because that's how wows story development has worked since... ever?

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    This only proves that people get mad when this shit is spelled out for them. No one got mad back in WotLK(?) when it was first known. The only difference now was its been confirmed.

Were people just in denial this whole time? lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TickTickTick View Post
    https://twitter.com/SteveDanuser/sta...59459254788097

Yikes. So apparently Chromie is the only being (known to us) able to change genders as they please and the only male who has a female voice, or the only being who can change their voice.
    Except She's not a male, she's a female. Pretty clear on that front.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    Except She's not a male, she's a female. Pretty clear on that front.
    They were a male, then they changed to a female. That's what the tweet says.

Why is what?

Why the new stuff is canon and old stuff is not?
    Because that's how wows story development has worked since... ever?
    Thanks for the answer.

Changing(retconning) already established(a few years ago in the magazine) gender of a character to please minorities instead of making up a new character.
    Blizzard is acting ridiculous as always then. Nothing new.

7+ Year Old Account
    (a few years ago in the magazine)
    You mean, over a decade ago.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, so they decided that he's a male? Even though they stated that she was a female from the very beginning before?
    The only thing that stated Chromie's dragon gender was an article in a magazine that was barely sold to the rest of the world, which is now out of print, and hardly available as a source to look up. Before that statement in 2010, there was nothing else other than Chronormu's name being male by the same naming methods they implemented in 2008-2010.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

People digging through the internet to find an offhand one sentence comment about Chromie because they think trans people are icky.

Man, the snowflakes in this thread are crazy.

Chromie is officially trans, deal with it, snowflake. We stan a legend.
    Last edited by Makorus; 2021-05-15 at 09:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    This only proves that people get mad when this shit is spelled out for them. No one got mad back in WotLK(?) when it was first known. The only difference now was its been confirmed.

Were people just in denial this whole time? lol.
    Basically, yes.

In wrath, the crowd was divided into two. There was apparently an article in Spring 2010 but in a magazine that hardly reached the player base, stating she was a she with a male name - then again - this is down to interpretation now. Did the dragon at that point get lead to be a 'she' in a male form, or just generally a female of gender, as the day of the magazine, Chromie was still sporting a male name and no significant model from the male dragons.

- - - Updated - - -

Changing(retconning) already established(a few years ago in the magazine) gender of a character to please minorities instead of making up a new character.
    Blizzard is acting ridiculous as always then. Nothing new.
    The statement was apparently short. It was in a magazine in Spring 2010 (World of Warcraft Magazine volume 1, issue 2), that was hardly sold for the wide audience of the game, and it is now unavailable as a source unless you buy a copy on eBay and scan it up to be available on Wowpedia or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    People digging through the internet to find an offhand one sentence comment about Chromie because they think trans people are icky be like.

Man, the snowflakes in this thread are crazy.

Chromie is officially trans, deal with it, snowflake. We stan a legend.
    She always has been, which why people are so triggered now confusing the bloody hell out of me. The only difference now was its been confirmed lol. I can only imagine the only people who were mad were people who don't know shit about the lore, or were in denial when this stuff was hinted at over a decade ago lol

fickle, the community is...

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Basically, yes.

In wrath, the crowd was divided into two. There was apparently an article in Spring 2010 but in a magazine that hardly reached the player base, stating she was a she with a male name - then again - this is down to interpretation now. Did the dragon at that point get lead to be a 'she' in a male form, or just generally a female of gender, as the day of the magazine, Chromie was still sporting a male name and no significant model from the male dragons.
    Yea, its just been more cleared up for us, which is why I honestly think people might have been in denial this whole time lol
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-05-15 at 09:36 AM.